facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 13, 2006, 05:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman
Tigers staged majestic contest against the might of Australia. They made the Aussies sweat for five consecutive days till the very last moment.

Tigers lost the match only but achieved tons more. Sure we'll be wondering for years to come about what could and might have been but there will be no more doubter to question the Tiger's ability again.

Congratulations to the World Champion Australians. They showed time and again why they deserve the title more than anyone else.

Huge three cheers for the Tigers. A job very well done, boys. We love you.
true....but what kills me the most is we let the game fall right thru ort hand....i am not talking abt the catch of ponting...i'm talking about our 2nd innings collapse.....bangladesh must do something about that......i was so sure that april 13 is going to be again a historic day for bangladesh like 9 years ago....but i guess that was too much....

Old April 13, 2006, 05:32 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I'm happy with our performance. If we can maintain continuity and learn from our mistakes then success is bound to come.

But we should not be content with this performance, there is no such thing as "honorable defeat". If we can't keep up the good work, this test will be forgotten quickly by rest of the cricket world.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

yes, the boys deserve some credit. well done.

however, this was really frustrating. very, very disappointing. mon-ton khubi kharap. i had high hopes on this one. we were THIS close to making history. first multan, and now fatullah. first inzamam, and now ponting.

and when i say THIS close, we were indeed very, very close. one missed catch that, if taken, would have earned us the victory. clarke and macgill would follow suit sooner than you could say "we won".

i know we have exceeded expectations by miles in this test, but i just don't find any consolation in a close ending when we were actually there with a chance of winning till the last day.
Old April 13, 2006, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

it isn't everyday that you corner australia in a test match and threaten to go for the kill. it was very dissapointing that they couldn't finish it all off in the end.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

:P... whn u watchd 2days play.. u wonder how dis attitude com frm 2 pacers (Mash N Shdat)... dey sho som agression which is really thrillin n abt Rafiq he's just legend.... but again wat u guyz doin in 3rd n 4th day??.. if u sho dis kinda attitude.. we'll singin' n dancin in da street.....
Old April 13, 2006, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

i am very proud of bangladesh's performance throughout the match and many congrats to the tigers for playign wonderful cricket and for putting the aussies to the sword! Credit must also go to Ponting and his team for the fight back they put after being 158 runs behind, well done both teams for a great game!
Old April 13, 2006, 06:31 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

Congrats 4 awsom fight wit Aussiz.... but we r now expect more frm u guyz...
Old April 13, 2006, 06:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Heartiest Congratulations to the whole Bangladesh team and hats off to Rafique, the legend and S. Nafees.They deserve it.The best thing about this BD team is that I could still hope a win when Aussies required only 9 runs to finish off the game. My hope was based on the body language and attitude of the BD players. Our bowlers made them play 9 balls for that winning run even when the score was levelled. And how beautiful that bouncer of Shahadat to Ponting was! Boy,it was a treat to watch. It almost knocked him off.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:43 AM
Street Cricketer

I won't congratulate the team but I will say it was a tremendous effort and the match could have gone either way. The Tigers have done themselves proud and it won't be long now until they are challenging for wins regularly in Test matches. Ponting spoke of his respect for the effort the Tigers put in and said the team should be proud, I agree.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

This thread is very similar to the thread opened by Chinaman.
Old April 13, 2006, 06:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: khaleda zia

Guys, go to http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4904434.stm and read what it says on the last paragraph:

"Young spinner Mohammad Rafique took 4-98 in the second innings and a match haul of nine wickets but it was not enough to bring about a sensational result for Bangladesh"
It says rafique is a YOUNG spinner, if only that was true...

Old April 13, 2006, 07:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default No test match for 12 months

After we've shown so much improvement, there is no test match for at least twelve months. i think after this series if bd team plays any other team in the world, they would've won. after 1 year, it will be very hard to adjust with the test match again and our rafique will be 36 as his physical fitness will go down automically. hope we'll have a superstar by then and start winning all those matches like punter did for his country!
Old April 13, 2006, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

yes, the icc just sent us back two years. this is very unfair, and no good for the game of cricket as a whole.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:06 AM
Test Cricketer

it was a great performance by bangladesh. i think they have earned the worlds respect showing that they deserve to play test cricket. atleast i believe they shut ricky pontings mouth with their total performance in this test. this match also proved that rafique is a world class player.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

really disappointed with the result.

but not with the performance of the BD team. exceeded all expectations that the test will be a one-sided affair.

congrats to the bangladesh team. hope they show a similar fight in the 2nd test.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

extremely proud BD fan from london!!!! the way the BD AUS match moved up the schedule of skysports was amazing. prior to the series not a mention but after the first day and subsequent days 2 & 3 the match had a taken a greater importance.

pray BD could repeat the performance although it will be a huge ask of them. WELL DONE BANGLADESH TEAM, WE FEAR NO ONE!!!!!!!1
Old April 13, 2006, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok my initial reaction was that oh another loss what a waste

BUT NOW i have recovered. This is just the start of the series....the key is what can we do for the remaining matches both test and ODI.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Positives: (not in order though)
1. SN 138
2. Partnership of 178 (SN and Bashar)
3. Rafique's oh well, would take him over 677 Warnie any day. That should say enough.
4. Rajin show. that's what test cricket is. He is my MVP, MOM in this match. No one faced that many balls in this match. That at least gave a chance for creating a partnership.
5. Our mistakes. (This should teach us to focus/concentrate more on the game which is a good thing)
6. Enam's gem delivery. Clark is still having nightmares.
7. The confidence gained to compete against the best (Not our BC member).
Old April 13, 2006, 08:48 AM
Cricket Legend

This is all trash. Absolute rubbish.

With Gilly gone and Warne back into pavillion without troubling the scorers much, BD should've won. Brett Lee can't be allowed to score 29 runs when last six BD batsman don't add that much.

This is horrible and i feel disgusted. Sorry, i can't derive any solace or consolation. This was like taking 5 steps forward and then jumping off the cliff.
Old April 13, 2006, 08:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Well the fact is we lost another test match. History will not provide the detail of how close this test was or how good BD played. The fact is we haven't won a Test match with any top test teams yet. It has to change. We have to start winning.
Old April 13, 2006, 09:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default This is Deja Vu All Over Again!!!

Yes, this was just like Multan. But I have no problem congratulating the team. If you could honestly tell me that you expected this match to go like this on the 9th of April, then and then only you can get away with not congratulating the team. Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS.

We surpassed all of our expectations even before the start of day five. How many times in our short history of test cricket you could say that Bangladesh has a fair chance of winning on day 5? How many of the test cricketing nations could say that we're that close to defeating the world champions in our 5th year of playing test cricket?

Yes, it is another defeat for Bangladesh. But this is in no way just another defeat! The scorebooks do not contain the thrill and excitement that any match produces. The scorebooks have no way of recording the respect Bangladesh earned in front of the world. Those records would be a very important part of our cricketing history. I am glad I had the opportunity to be a part of history.

So to all of you pessimists, I would like to say if you cannot be part of this great moment...please stay a way for a while and let the team enjoy this moment of glory and all of us to congratulate the team and be with the team all the way. After all, the team really need this to prepare them for another great fight in the second test.
Old April 13, 2006, 09:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Congratulations, Bangladesh

Yes, this was just like Multan. But I have no problem congratulating the team. If you could honestly tell me that you expected this match to go like this on the 9th of April, then and then only you can get away with not congratulating the team. Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS.

We surpassed all of our expectations even before the start of day five. How many times in our short history of test cricket you could say that Bangladesh has a fair chance of winning on day 5? How many of the test cricketing nations could say that we're that close to defeating the world champions in our 5th year of playing test cricket?

Yes, it is another defeat for Bangladesh. But this is in no way just another defeat! The scorebooks do not contain the thrill and excitement that any match produces. The scorebooks have no way of recording the respect Bangladesh earned in front of the world. Those records would be a very important part of our cricketing history. I am glad I had the opportunity to be a part of history.

So to all of you pessimists, I would like to say if you cannot be part of this great moment...please stay a way for a while and let the team enjoy this moment of glory and all of us to congratulate the team and be with the team all the way. After all, the team really need this to prepare them for another great fight in the second test.
Old April 13, 2006, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

I dont see why the fans need to be disppointed ..this is a performance which even SA could not match (in the recent series).
Also , this is a morale booster for the BD players themselves ...now they beleieve that they can do compete and even beat the best .....

Good gooing ...
Old April 13, 2006, 10:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Morale Booster? Hmm. May be - but probably for different reasons.

I personally think it will elicit a determined revenge mentality. At least that is the emotion it evoked in me when we lost. Given my work schedule, I had to sacrifice a lot of sleep and energy to follow this game 5 days in a row. I'll be disappointed if they don't come up with a fiery attitude. Remember, the Aussies will be properly rested and fresh as a daisy when the 2nd test begins. It'll take more than the repeat of a 1st test performance to achieve a remotely close contest.
Old April 13, 2006, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

I posted a thread within an hour of our loss last night and IanW predicted "Considering the gutless and defeatist attitude displayed by too many on this forum, this thread should die a quiet death."

His prediction turned out to be true.

So here I am trying to give that thread a little chest pounding and resuscitation.
=================

Let's not pat ourselves in the back
(Or may be we do, but not too hard)

During the post-lunch session today, Atahar was wondering from the commentary box why the players have their shoulders hung low.

Everyone (except Ash) was looking sad and angry. And I share their emotions.

I have been a consistent supporter of Ash. But seeing him laughing and joking around during the last few overs while Shahadat and Mashrafee were toiling for pride, made me think that it is now time to make Ash sit out a few matches.

We had the Aussies and let them go.

We should be proud. But we should not be content with this "honorable loss".

I hope and pray that our players carry over this feeling of disappointment and anger to the 2nd test. I am happy that our team is not leaving the field smiling, happy and content.

And I hope that Atahar and the likes of him who are wondering why they are disappointed and sad, please think a little more before patting ourselves in the back.

Looking forward to an even harder fight in the second test.

(Reference - http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=15868)