facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 8, 2005, 09:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i think Dav dont really have any urge to leave..but at the same time he doesnt want the BCB officials to take him for granted...i mean..c'mon..the guy's been with us for two years..by now..he must know those damn officials pretty good...

amar to mone hoe o ektu dhol bajae dekhlo ki hoy...

now the bcb people will start sh**ting in their pants..and would make a real effort to keep him..may be in this chance he would take about some pay rise...
and with indian offer as a beit...he might just cash in a bit more...

but even he really leaves for india...cant really blame him though...

...plus who wants to loose all the time...we dont care if bangladesh loose...its our country...we'r goona support it no matter what..
but dave is pro...may b he wants to be in the winning side for a change...after all the guy tasted the world cup...

Old April 8, 2005, 09:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

It will be unfortunate if every BD coach is made a hero when BD wins a match or two and then painted as a villain when he decides to leave. It happened with Greenidge and now it is happening with Whatmore. No other country parts with their coaches in this manner. IanW says in his post that BD position will be seen as a stepping stone for higher posts for coaches. I suspect it will also mean that these coaches will leave BD with bitter memories. To the best of my knowledge, few of the fans here have a nice word to say for any of the coaches of the national team.The list now includes Whatmore as well.

Having said that, I feel that India is not that desperate or eager to have Whatmore as their coach.Moody seems to be the favourite of Indian fans and Greg Chappell the choice of the skipper.
Old April 9, 2005, 01:29 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
I feel that India is not that desperate or eager to have Whatmore as their coach
Yes, not as desperate as us to keep Whatmore as coach.

Did you read the post 'Dav's leaving'? He's leaving this September!