facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old December 5, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
i am not justifying eve teasing..its just now a days girls were so much revealing clothes that can some times go against them..thats just my opinion..if u r wearing Sh!t u should be expected to hear Sh!t...forgive me i am talking like a mollah but thats how i feel

roman vai did our religion gave them the right to wear whatever they like?..
the girls u r referring to are not the main victims.
I think more than 90% of the victims r from lower or middle class families who don't wear so called revealing clothes.
And as Lamisa said doesn't matter what they were these boys have no rights.

Old December 5, 2010, 12:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Teaching and preaching from over three hundred thousand mosques have failed to minimize or stop eve-teasing or sexual harassment.

The state has failed already. Even it is getting worse and worse every day, every where - becoming a 'plague'.
Old December 5, 2010, 12:44 PM

Another point: This stalking, harassment and violence was always there around us. Its just recently after the law was passed handing out stiff punishments to 'eve-teasers', that the news coverage has greatly increased exposing these cases of harassment. I dont think statistically we'll find there's a significant increase in 'eve-teasing'. Just that now the media reports it more frequently. And the media has gained impetus because some of the cases where men have been murdered for protesting eve teasing are pretty sensational stories.
Old December 5, 2010, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

What the punishment for "Adam teasing"? Equality before law right?:-)
Old December 5, 2010, 01:04 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Well our religion didnt give us men the right to look at them that way in the first place. The true veil lies in the man's eyes and mind.

Anyway, what you're saying can never justify violence, stalking or even insulting people just because what they wear gives someone a hard on. Eve-teasing or stalking are sugar coated words for "sexual harassment".
yes i am not denying that on not i am protecting the boys here...they are 100% guilty and should be punished..but i am only saying that there are other side of the stories too...dont only blame the boys...banglay akta probad ase "ak hate tali bajena"
Old December 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
yes i am not denying that on not i am protecting the boys here...they are 100% guilty and should be punished..but i am only saying that there are other side of the stories too...dont only blame the boys...banglay akta probad ase "ak hate tali bajena"
You are contradicting yourself. First you said the guys are 100 percent guilty. Then you said ek hate tali bajena.

Listen despite what the girls wear, its their right. If something they wear is not allowed in their religion, that is their problem. No one else has a say in that. But nothing warrants these girls getting teased. The guys have no right not tease any other individual no matter what they are wearing. That's just how it works.
Old December 5, 2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
But in this case I will have to stop you on a techical issue. This thread is about 'Eve-teasing' and 'sexual harassment on women'. If you want to discuss how men are oppressed because they get to look at gorgeous women flaunting their fine hot bods in revealing attire then I'd welcome you to do so in another thread. (And yeah, much of this harassment in Bangladesh is very much due to men feeling 'oppressed' as they are unable to interact socially with women normally after their teenage years).

And if you want to apply the 'ek haate tali baaje na' logic to eve teasing, then thats a very perverse way to turn around the issue that somehow in some cases the women are at fault and deserve to be stalked/teased/harassed because they did some itish-pitish with the men and started it all.

Who started what is inconsequential when force is used, and an expression of power is made over another individual. That is no longer just, but more of might-is-right mentality. This is where eve-teasing starts becoming a matter of criminal wrongdoing. The law has to step in to protect the weak, and ensure justice and equity. And if you want to bring religious concepts into this, then an idea of"dhulm" or the "tyranny over the weak" would justify why in all cases Eve-teasing is Wrong.
Old December 5, 2010, 01:36 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
You are contradicting yourself. First you said the guys are 100 percent guilty. Then you said ek hate tali bajena.

Listen despite what the girls wear, its their right. If something they wear is not allowed in their religion, that is their problem. No one else has a say in that. But nothing warrants these girls getting teased. The guys have no right not tease any other individual no matter what they are wearing. That's just how it works.
listen i said 100% guilty at what they r doing..no matter what i am not saying eve teasing is ok..i just wanted to say that not in all cases girls are total sunnies..

anyway i'll agree with ammark and dropout with this discussion because he is right..this is not probably the right thread to talk about this
Old December 6, 2010, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

ekhon keo kisu korlei 'EVE Teaser' hoia jae. even if its just a innocent look. Tong er dokane cha khaile police aiya koe eve teaser naki!!! paisa kamanor valo upae.
Old December 6, 2010, 06:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
kono kichu na hole na,jodi birokto hoy ba embarassed feel kore then it's eve teasing,
eve teasing eto shosta na,it has a very bad impact in our society,don't try to make it sound light with humour.
seems like you have a better idea....j/k ! never mind, my intention was not to make fun of girls or to encourage eve teaser by any means. hope you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
ekhon keo kisu korlei 'EVE Teaser' hoia jae. even if its just a innocent look. Tong er dokane cha khaile police aiya koe eve teaser naki!!! paisa kamanor valo upae.
private uni'r gular ki obostha ekhon ? ekhon mone hoy chele der Borqa pore cholte hobe !
Old December 6, 2010, 07:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
dont blame the boys only...look at the clothes that r girls wearing these days..IMHO
If you are talking about mini skirts (short enough to see underwear), and low cut tops where you can see most of the bosom, then you have a point.

But the fact that his is practically non-existent in Bangladesh, makes your point silly/radical.