facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 22, 2004, 09:42 AM
Richard McInnes
Manager / Head coach, National Cricket Academy
Former BD U19 Coach

Default in defence of the journalists

Many of your comments have been very negative towards the media in Bangladesh, Dhaka in particular.

I must say though, that apart from 2 of the 40 odd that may have been at the press conference and many of who i have been dealing with on a daily basis, i have no problem with them. Aside from the fact that they ask the same questions all the time and they get a little annoyed when i give them the same answers, i don' think there is a problem.

The two journalists who made personal attacks on me in the press conference, have lost credibility with me as journalists, they were not interested in the game, only in "hanging me out to dry".

I must admit that i try to give honest answers to questions rather than dance around with political correctness, but am learning that this is not always the best way to go. What ever happened to "honesty is the best policy".

Journalists are only trying to do their job, unfortunately controversy sells, so that is what they write. The press conference was blown out of all proportion.

Old February 22, 2004, 09:45 AM
Retired BC Admin

Hope things get better soon. BTW who is Ratan?
Old February 23, 2004, 12:11 AM
Street Cricketer

If I am right. Ratan is a Coach. I am not aware what he is currently doing, but back when I played cricket for my school team (Radient INT. School) he was a coach; and a very good one too (7 years ago).

If I remember currectly, he was a leftie.

Cheers,
pavs
Old June 16, 2008, 11:44 PM
Cricket Legend

This thread was something that made me feel valued as a BC member when McInnes himself was invovled in BC. His new appointment with the Aussie women team is pasted below (from Bujhee kom Bhai's post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
i don't know, this may not be the right place to post this, but i came across this and thought some of you might be interested in knowing...

Australia hire McInnes as women's coach

Cricinfo staff

June 13, 2008

Richard McInnes will trade in his job as Australia's performance analyst to become the national women's head coach. Since accepting the new position in the off-field reshuffle of 2005, McInnes has helped Australia significantly through the meticulous and time-consuming video research he combined with his technical expertise.

When Australia return from the West Indies in mid-July McInnes will step from the background to the front of house as the women's team prepares for the World Cup in Australia next March. He replaces Lisa Keightley, the former international opening batsman, who stepped down in May after 12 months in charge.

"I'm looking forward to an exciting and challenging period over the next two years with the World Cup, Twenty20 World Cup and an Ashes series coming up," McInnes said. "I've learned a lot over the last three years with the Australian men's team and some of those qualities can be beneficial to the women's programme.

"There's been a strong skill focus on the women's game for a long time and I think there's an opportunity to move towards more tactical, game-awareness development. That's something I'll investigate initially."

Before joining the men's team McInnes was a senior coach at the Centre of Excellence and the high performance manager for the Bangladesh Cricket Board. In his new role he will also be in charge of the Australian Institute of Sport women's cricket programme.

Cricinfo
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/aust...ry/354615.html

Last edited by nsd3; June 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM..
Old June 17, 2008, 12:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

thank you nsd3 bhai!