facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 23, 2006, 05:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default New ODI kit

First of all, it's great being back on the forum after a long absence! And what more can you ask for - BD just beat Sri Lanka for gods sake! I was at work and just couldn't hold my emotions back! People were surprised to say the least...

Anyway, is it only me or is the new BD ODI kit super ugly? I loved the previous one, especially the bottle green colour. What happened to this one? Lighter green with yellow? Hmm....

Old February 23, 2006, 05:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

The only change I want in this ODI kit is a darker green and remove the yellow color from the T-shirt's collar.
Old February 23, 2006, 07:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Totally agree. REMOVE THE YELLOW.

Ehsan Sports, the Pakistani company made them. It was fine before. But now the yellow makes it look like the laborer's uniforms in the Middle East (most of whom are from ind/pak/bd by the way). Those of you in the middle east, you know what I'm talking about. I don't have a problem with those uniforms, but the Bangladesh cricket team jersey should not look like a labor's uniform.

We should get Nike or Adidas to sponsor or make jerseys for the BD team, not Ehsan sports with it's mismatched/ inappropriate looking uniforms! I wonder if it's intentional by them???!
Old February 24, 2006, 04:44 AM
Cricket Legend

none of you noticed that this thread is a double one?
Old February 24, 2006, 02:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by uss01

We should get Nike or Adidas to sponsor or make jerseys for the BD team
Would Nike or adidas be interested in sposoring/making jerseys for Bangladesh? I know India has Nike and Australia has adidas, but if Bangladesh had one, i would definately buy it!

I also think that the yelloe looks ugly, I mean what on earth has yellow got to do with Bangladesh?! Too bad we are stuck with it through to the world cup. MY favourite one was last years one.
Old February 24, 2006, 03:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

well i was shocked to see new bangladesh jerseys...who the hell degine it....it is the worst jerseys among test playing nation......OMG ..a pakistani company degine our uniform....what a shame.....it is a national shame.....please remove that aweful yellow from uniform...who got this idea to put yellow in our team...red and green is a true colour of us....not red green and yellow...red ..green and yellow is african colour....

i loved the netwest scries jersey...which our team wear in that femous game against australia....

Allar raste amader ei odd horrible yellow theke mukti din plzzz

Old February 24, 2006, 03:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by irteja
well i was shocked to see new bangladesh jerseys...who the hell degine it....it is the worst jerseys among test playing nation......OMG ..a pakistani company degine our uniform....what a shame.....it is a national shame.....please remove that aweful yellow from uniform...who got this idea to put yellow in our team...red and green is a true colour of us....not red green and yellow...red ..green and yellow is african colour....

i loved the netwest scries jersey...which our team wear in that femous game against australia....

Allar raste amader ei odd horrible yellow theke mukti din plzzz

oh come on? what's the problem if paki company designed our cricket kit? .........they obviously haven't done a great job with the design but i dont' understand why it has to be a national shame?????........i'm obvioulsy not a great admirer of paki but in case if you dont' know.....they have a famous city shiyalkot , most of the ppl there live by making sports kit like football, cricket ball , bat...and most of our batsman plays with paki bat......their footballs are used in europe.

anyway, your "joy bangla" at the end tells all the story......
Old February 24, 2006, 03:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny747

oh come on? what's the problem if paki company designed our cricket kit? .........they obviously haven't done a great job with the design but i dont' understand why it has to be a national shame?????........i'm obvioulsy not a great admirer of paki but in case if you dont' know.....they have a famous city shiyalkot , most of the ppl there live by making sports kit like football, cricket ball , bat...and most of our batsman plays with paki bat......their footballs are used in europe.

anyway, your "joy bangla" at the end tells all the story......
sunny read my message again I did not say anything political ...I was surprised that our jersey is made in Pakistan....may be you live in Pakistan or other place in the world so you do not know that our garments industry is world famous... our shirt, pent, jersey are equally good...we earn lots of foreign exchange by exporting cloths...how come we took jersey from country like Pakistan...if we make our jersey it wont be this bad.

I never said anything about cricket bat and ball...looks like you have lots of knowledge about Pakistan...you are caring about shiyalkol...you do not care about our industry .but we feel proud when we brought some thing written on MADE IN BANGLADESH...

now you again take the political issue by quote my signature...what’s wrong with this?...this is the line our great brave freedom fighter use to war against Pakistan...do not put political colour on this....it is something like your Pakistani people said pakistan ***dabad.

so bideshi jinish bideshi jinish na bole bolun Shodeshi Ponno kine hon dhonno
Old February 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Alright people, easy now, this is a thread about the new odi kit and not a political one...
Old February 24, 2006, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

The new ODI Shirts doesn't represent Bangladesh.. The previous one was better. Why cant we just have a silhouette Bengal tiger over green? I like the training kit has better color combination ( yellow and Black). I think they ought to get a better designer. But before that,,, lets get rid of this mellow yellow. Hope BD team will not consider this as a lucky training kit after we win the series tonight...:P

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 10:48 PM GMT, by Dhakablues.
Old February 24, 2006, 05:08 PM
Test Cricketer

this is funny but the yellow comes from the color of a bengal tiger. they're changing everything to black and yellow. the theme of tigercricket.com. i think they'll change the whole kit to black and yellow.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 10:08 PM GMT, by howzatt!.
Old February 24, 2006, 05:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
this is funny but the yellow comes from the color of a bengal tiger. they're changing everything to black and yellow. the theme of tigercricket.com. i think they'll change the whole kit to black and yellow.

Edited on, February 24, 2006, 10:08 PM GMT, by howzatt!.
I suppose that kind of makes sense, but i think that the kit should be either dark green and red OR yellow and black and not a combination of both (e.g. the current kit with red, green and yellow because that just looks ugly).

By the way, do Bangladesh have a 2nd kit incase they play another team with a green kit?