facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 7, 2009, 07:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

I took some pics and placed them here...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=9a0e74abf7

Old June 7, 2009, 07:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Great pics!

Let me clarify - I have nothing against Indian fans and am not particularly annoyed at their behaviour. It's sport after all.

I am just hugely disappointed at the lack of BD fans given the number of Bangladeshis living in the UK. There are thousands not working in restauarants and shops - mainly the new generation. But I guess you guys are right, they just don't watch cricket or support BD.
Old June 7, 2009, 07:34 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: MICHAEL HUSSEY

I was there yesterday, me and my brother were sitting together surrounded by Indian Supporters, the Indian supporters were taking the mick but we were giving it back shouting our lungs out and there was only 2 of us. It didn't get hostile as it was just friendly banter.
I was dissapointed at the Bangladeshi supporters turn out as I normaly work on a saturday night and still managed to get the day off to go to the match.
I will also be going to the match tomorrow v Ireland and hope to see better support as it is a Monday and a lot of restaurant/takeaway workers will be free and we will see a lot of glory supporters as a lot of bangladeshi supporters go to only the matches we are certain to win.
I would like to give credit to all those Bangladeshi supporters who were there yesterday supporting the team win or lose, we are the real supporters.
Old June 7, 2009, 07:56 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

the bangladeshi support would have been higher if the match was in london
Old June 7, 2009, 08:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I agree with AGC...We were horrificly outnumbered!!! I was the only one in my setion wearing our jersey...Its shocking considering the volume of Bangladfeshis I see around East London!! ... It just seems as if they don't care enough....Even the hotel I stayed in (Jurys Inn) was full of Indian fans...Some of them had actually come all the way from India!!...Having said that I found nothing wrong with their behaviour...They were all friendly in general and wished me best of luck before the match and most of them shook hands after the match...I was just dissapointed that we didnt have more support...I lost my voice trying to keep up with the screaming!!!
Old June 7, 2009, 08:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by moulvi_b
I was there yesterday, me and my brother were sitting together surrounded by Indian Supporters, the Indian supporters were taking the mick but we were giving it back shouting our lungs out and there was only 2 of us. It didn't get hostile as it was just friendly banter.
I was dissapointed at the Bangladeshi supporters turn out as I normaly work on a saturday night and still managed to get the day off to go to the match.
I will also be going to the match tomorrow v Ireland and hope to see better support as it is a Monday and a lot of restaurant/takeaway workers will be free and we will see a lot of glory supporters as a lot of bangladeshi supporters go to only the matches we are certain to win.
I would like to give credit to all those Bangladeshi supporters who were there yesterday supporting the team win or lose, we are the real supporters.
exactly my point. me and my brother were also surrounded by an army of indian supporters. the guys in front of us were friendly. but they're were some idiots behind us that were saying so horrible horrible things to they players. for e.g "ur scotland is in the sky", " have u got ur visas", " go to bricklane" . and it's like how the hell do u react to that. and it's not like we had anything to retaliate coz we simply didnt expect it. i mean all i could say bout dhoni is go lose weight fatty, that is pretty pathetic i knw!
but nontheless we screamed our hearts out and cheered for our boys. and yes gratitude goes out to all those who made it. i know it was difficult expecially if u were travelling from london but you still made it.

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old June 7, 2009, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I took some pics and placed them here...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=9a0e74abf7
these are great pics!!! i think i can actually spot myself in one of them. my pictures didnt come out that good...

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old June 7, 2009, 08:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

lol yes - I think those of us that were there put up a good fight! Ended up losing my voice too...
Old June 7, 2009, 08:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha
these are great pics!!! i think i can actually spot myself in one of them. my pictures didnt come out that good...
let me know which one, I will tag you ..

I could count around 50 to 100 Bangladeshis were present in 18,000 capacity groud (sold out event) yesterday. There were 50000-60000 people were present in Mela last month. There are usually 10,000 people turn up for Momtaz's concert every year.

How unfortunate about our cricket!
Old June 7, 2009, 09:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

ye most of my relative born in uk dont like cricket i'm the only one, only people that were born in bangladesh like cricket in my family. Pretty understandable though the Indian team win loads of matches and are world champions so kids abroad from india are proud find fun in it and support them. But other than us fans the rest of the world thinks bd lose all of their matches so bangladeshes born in the uk don't want to have anything to do with loosing as so they would rather look towards british sports like following football etc
Old June 7, 2009, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Yea, there wern't too many BD supporters from the looks of it. Really disapointing. Although I must say the few that were there were pretty spirited. I think one guy showed up in a tiger suit.
Old June 7, 2009, 12:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzle
ye most of my relative born in uk dont like cricket i'm the only one, only people that were born in bangladesh like cricket in my family. Pretty understandable though the Indian team win loads of matches and are world champions so kids abroad from india are proud find fun in it and support them. But other than us fans the rest of the world thinks bd lose all of their matches so bangladeshes born in the uk don't want to have anything to do with loosing as so they would rather look towards british sports like following football etc
Ya we call them B.B.C.D - British Born Confused Deshi
Old June 7, 2009, 12:32 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

I was looking for ticket like hell but couldn't get it(didn't bought be4, though i might have exam on match day)...still looking for Super8 matches.

I'm sorry guys....
Old June 7, 2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Ya we call them B.B.C.D - British Born Confused Deshi
they act like British or following pakis and indians.

I wonder How many ppl born in England that comes at BC? none?
Old June 7, 2009, 12:36 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

I do, born in Leicester UK
Old June 7, 2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I do, born in Leicester UK
1...I'm prod of u bro just for this
Old June 7, 2009, 12:40 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
I was looking for ticket like hell but couldn't get it(didn't bought be4, though i might have exam on match day)...still looking for Super8 matches.

I'm sorry guys....
Nadim Bhia if you want match tickets go on this website;
https://eticketing.co.uk/iccwt20/default.aspx

It's the official ICC website so no problem with forgery etc...

Old June 7, 2009, 12:43 PM
Test Cricketer

lol Bangla cricket members you may think im sad saying this but since the post is about supporters i thought i might say it. Lol about 4 years back when i was eleven i used to cry everytime bangladesh lost a game. Now after all that losing ive lost all the water for my tears. However, in the future inshallah I want to be laughing after all bangladeshis matches.
Old June 7, 2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakidul
lol Bangla cricket members you may think im sad saying this but since the post is about supporters i thought i might say it. Lol about 4 years back when i was eleven i used to cry everytime bangladesh lost a game. Now after all that losing ive lost all the water for my tears. However, in the future inshallah I want to be laughing after all bangladeshis matches.
lol
Old June 7, 2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Nadim Bhia if you want match tickets go on this website;
https://eticketing.co.uk/iccwt20/default.aspx

It's the official ICC website so no problem with forgery etc...

thanks bhai
Old June 7, 2009, 12:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

Bro I was also born in England and being brought up here. Not saying im even close to being good enough but if i became a professional cricketer and got to choose from playing in my mother country and Bangladesh and England. I would most certainly play for Bangladesh even with a low price. At the end of the day wheter you agree with me or not 'Money' is not everything.
Old June 7, 2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Bro I was also born in England and being brought up here. Not saying im even close to being good enough but if i became a professional cricketer and got to choose from playing in my mother country and Bangladesh and England. I would most certainly play for Bangladesh even with a low price. At the end of the day wheter you agree with me or not 'Money' is not everything.
Exactly what i want to do.
Old June 7, 2009, 12:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Match cholakalin mathe jawar theke amader basha-e boshe ei BC-tei pandami korte beshi moja laage!
BC te jiner asor ache!!
Old June 7, 2009, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

me and three of my mates were there yesterday and we cheered louder than 1000 indians in our stand hehe..

but a very friendly atmosphere and enjoyed friendly banter with the indian fans with plenty of cheeky name calling as usual lol..all in good manner and heart but was disappointed with some indians at the end shouting 'loser' in our faces which was uncalled for and we appropriately put them in their place at the end..

I was most annoyed with the number of bangladeshi turn out as we were truly ambushed, it surely proves how much of tight wads we really are, i mean i saw more shada manush then bangalis for godsakes..

what hurt the most was seeing bangalis walking out the stadium with 5 overs to go, whoever u are, ur all traitors and false supporters..SHAME ON YA
Old June 7, 2009, 01:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

When Yuvi dropped Mash. All the indian fans in our stand start singing "Yeh dosti hum nehi churenge". It was funny.