facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 22, 2009, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

SN missing out on a few effortless centuries!

Old July 22, 2009, 02:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
i want to see guys like shamsur, shuvo, naeem, imrul and sajidul featured in this series.
Like we don't have enough newbies in the team already
Old July 22, 2009, 03:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Like we don't have enough newbies in the team already
atm there are really only a couple of newbies i.e. imrul and rubel. naeem and junaid are the next most inexperienced and they have 11 and 17 ODIs respectively. robin is inexperienced but he hasn't been playing so he doesn't really count as he's not in the playing XI atm.

besides did you see the aussie experience going into the current ashes series? 5 of the guys who were in the playing XI (hughes, north, hauritz, siddle, hilfenhaus) have less than 10 matches each. going into the series hughes had played 3 matches, north just 2 matches, hauritz 4, siddle 7, and hilfy 3 matches. ponting is currently the only aussie in the test playing XI who has 50+ matches to his name. before the series clarke and ponting were the only 2 in the playing XI who had 40+ matches under their belt.

i know it won't happen though.
Old July 22, 2009, 03:52 AM
Cricket Guru

The inexperienced Aussie team is not doing that good, is it?
Old July 22, 2009, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
The inexperienced Aussie team is not doing that good, is it?
they're doing ok, not great, not bad. the bowling department is where most of the inexperience is and the newer bowlers (hauritz, siddle, hilfenhaus) are actually doing a good job. hughes and north aren't doing well this series but against south africa they both did very well. the senior players aren't playing up to their usual standards which is why they're not doing as well as they could be.

Last edited by Gowza; July 22, 2009 at 05:17 AM..
Old July 22, 2009, 04:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sean Williams

Quote:
Interesting to see all matches will be arranged in Bulawayo which is believed to be more spinner friendly. Are Zimbabweans afraid of our pacers more than our spinners? Or do they think Ray Price and other Zimbabwean spinners are much better bet than their medium pacers are?
The reason why the games are being played in Bulawayo is because no international cricket has been played there for a long time and in the recent report into Zimbabwe cricket the ICC recomended that ZC need to take the game to diffrent areas of the country.

Zimbabwe's main strength is there 3 man spin attack consisting of Ray Price, Prosper Utseya and the new boy Greame Cremer and i personally beliove that we should play 3 spinners but former player and now assistant coach of the Under 19's Heath Steak has called for pace top be used to unsettle the Bangladesh Batsman

The pacers are likely to be Ed Rainsford, Tawandia Mupurwira and leading allrounder Elton Chigumbura.

I can gurantee you one thing guys all Zimbabweans are born natural fighters, and we will fight all the way this series and hopefully prosper.
Old July 22, 2009, 04:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimfan
The reason why the games are being played in Bulawayo is because no international cricket has been played there for a long time and in the recent report into Zimbabwe cricket the ICC recomended that ZC need to take the game to diffrent areas of the country.

Zimbabwe's main strength is there 3 man spin attack consisting of Ray Price, Prosper Utseya and the new boy Greame Cremer and i personally beliove that we should play 3 spinners but former player and now assistant coach of the Under 19's Heath Steak has called for pace top be used to unsettle the Bangladesh Batsman

The pacers are likely to be Ed Rainsford, Tawandia Mupurwira and leading allrounder Elton Chigumbura.

I can gurantee you one thing guys all Zimbabweans are born natural fighters, and we will fight all the way this series and hopefully prosper.
And for you to prosper, you have Prosper Utseya
Old July 22, 2009, 05:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Sorry zimfan, if I gave you the wrong impression. We lost 2 out of 4 matches against Zimbabwe at home earlier this year, so there is no scope for Bangladesh to take Zimbabwe lightly on their own backyard.
Old July 22, 2009, 05:40 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:

Heath Streak.. assistant coach of Zimbabwe U-19 team? Am I missing something here? Has he agreed he terms and conditions set by ZC?

Last edited by Miraz; July 22, 2009 at 05:48 AM..
Old July 22, 2009, 07:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
No no, I really didn't want to bring personal stuff into the ZIm tour thread! But in New Orleans, I wonder if AHaque bhia could kindly ask Mamun, Tonuj, Tushar, Nimi apa, Nitu apa to return my money that they all borrowed! And also bujhee kom did not forget the abuse at Bhooter Golli in the 80s! Bujhee kom never forgets the pain!
ওহ জাভেদ ভাই আপনি পারেনও...তা হয়েছিলো কি? বেশী humiliating হলে বাদ দেন।
এক জমানায় ভুতের গলিতে আমরাও আড্ডা দিতাম, অবশ্য আপনাদের অনেক পরে হবে নিশ্চয়
Old July 22, 2009, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:

Really??? The same guy who quit zim cricket???
Old July 22, 2009, 10:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Heath Streak.. assistant coach of Zimbabwe U-19 team? Am I missing something here? Has he agreed he terms and conditions set by ZC?
Yeah Heath Streak is back in Zimbabwe and has been running some coaching clinics in his home town and is going to be assisting the under 19 coach Keith Curren preparing for the under 19 world cup next year

He has shown a real desire to be involved in the future of Zimbabwe cricket
Old July 22, 2009, 11:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Yeah Heath Streak is back in Zimbabwe and has been running some coaching clinics in his home town and is going to be assisting the under 19 coach Keith Curren preparing for the under 19 world cup next year

He has shown a real desire to be involved in the future of Zimbabwe cricket
I read in newspaper couple of days back that things getting fixed in Zimbabwe cricket. This is one of those positive I suppose.
Old July 24, 2009, 07:36 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
I read in newspaper couple of days back that things getting fixed in Zimbabwe cricket. This is one of those positive I suppose.
Oh yes there has been many positive developments in Zimbabwe cricket over the past few months, as ZC have implemented nearly all the recommendations made by the ICC

1. Increased the amount of first class games from 6 to 16 per team per season

2. Increased the number of first class teams to 5 from 4

3. Developed a franchise system that has given the responsibility back to the franchise, who are now responsible for the running of the franchise and the grass roots.

4. Fixing ties with ex players who left the games, a number of players have been playing in the winter leagues such as Barney Rodgers and Dougie Mariller and are rumored to be interested in returning to the first class game

5. Increase the participation of ex players in coaching, Andy Waller, David Houghtan and Heath Streak have all been included in a new coaching setup

6. Restructure the selection panel to include former players, former Zimbabwe captain Alister Campbell now heads the selection panel

All the recommendations have been put in place and i can really see Zimbabwe returning to test cricket as soon as the end of next year
Old July 24, 2009, 08:11 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Thats very good news ZimFan... we missed Zimbabwe
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old July 24, 2009, 09:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

I wish...............
Old July 25, 2009, 12:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Oh yes there has been many positive developments in Zimbabwe cricket over the past few months, as ZC have implemented nearly all the recommendations made by the ICC

1. Increased the amount of first class games from 6 to 16 per team per season

2. Increased the number of first class teams to 5 from 4

3. Developed a franchise system that has given the responsibility back to the franchise, who are now responsible for the running of the franchise and the grass roots.

4. Fixing ties with ex players who left the games, a number of players have been playing in the winter leagues such as Barney Rodgers and Dougie Mariller and are rumored to be interested in returning to the first class game

5. Increase the participation of ex players in coaching, Andy Waller, David Houghtan and Heath Streak have all been included in a new coaching setup

6. Restructure the selection panel to include former players, former Zimbabwe captain Alister Campbell now heads the selection panel

All the recommendations have been put in place and i can really see Zimbabwe returning to test cricket as soon as the end of next year
sounds good, hope it works out and zimbabwe are back to the test scene soon, when i found out zimbabwe lost their test status i was pretty mad.
Old July 25, 2009, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Their Test status was not taken away, if I remember, they gave it up, and now it looks like they have to work harder for at least another couple of years before they can earn it.

That is why BD should never dream of giving up their Test status even though they are struggling.
Old July 31, 2009, 07:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Man....Now I am Inshallah very excited about our Zimbabwe series!
Old July 31, 2009, 07:26 PM
Cricket Savant

When are the tour dates again bhais?
Okay I found it!
Bangladesh will play all five matches in Bulawayo from August 9 to 18.
Are we flying straight there to Afrika straight from the caribbean? We play our first ODi in Zimbabwe in 8 days!!!
Old July 31, 2009, 07:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

we have to whitewash zim to show the world that we are superior to them
Old July 31, 2009, 07:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I think they would give us tougher time on the ground. Also their spinning dept has a seasoned campaigner, Price, unlike West Indies. I remember this guy is a very good spinner.

Stats for price

Bowling averages

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Tests 18 28 5135 2475 69 6/73 10/161 35.86 2.89 74.4 5 5 1
ODIs 52 49 2697 1710 43 4/22 4/22 39.76 3.80 62.7 1 0 0
T20Is 4 4 96 52 5 2/6 2/6 10.40 3.25 19.2 0 0 0
First-class 95
22536 10161 338 8/35
30.06 2.70 66.6
19 3
List A 157
7552 4904 162 4/21 4/21 30.27 3.89 46.6 5 0 0
Twenty20 28 27 570 624 24 3/14 3/14 26.00 6.56 23.7 0 0 0

Last edited by WarWolf; July 31, 2009 at 07:37 PM..
Old July 31, 2009, 07:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Ji bhais, asoon, amra ei bephare kotha boli.
Khi khore Zimbabwe-ke Pach- 0 goal-e defeat khora jai, arekta bhalo full Kala-dholai dea jai!

Although, Ami ei kala-dholai-er mormo bujhee naa, 'koila dhuile moila zai naa', jaanen naa?
Old July 31, 2009, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Graeme Cremer is also a good prospective spinner for them. His stats look quite impressive. More than 2 wickets per match in tests and 3 wickets per match in ODI.

Bowling averages

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Tests 6 7 870 595 13 3/86 4/93 45.76 4.10 66.9 0 0 0
ODIs 5 5 275 172 15 4/31 4/31 11.46 3.75 18.3 2 0 0
T20Is 1 1 18 10 2 2/10 2/10 5.00 3.33 9.0 0 0 0
First-class 46
8115 4357 165 7/114
26.40 3.22 49.1 10 6 1
List A 36
1812 1216 61 4/24 4/24 19.93 4.02 29.7 4 0 0
Twenty20 13 13 273 214 10 2/10 2/10 21.40 4.70 27.3 0 0 0
Old July 31, 2009, 08:12 PM