facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old February 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

And I now have understood why I sometimes become a misanthrope. This world is a beautiful place because of man like Ian!!!

Old February 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Comon bhais, what's going on....

I think Afghanisthan has some very skilled, aggresive and at the same time can be very very rooted down and extremely focused batsmen and a few good fast bowlers who bowl pretty strong and swing!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by afghan
we beat ireland several times including in the crucial matches like t/20 qualifier final. so, it is not like beating once and then losing to ireland for the next 20 matches. like bd did against some big teams. i am not talking about just one match win over bd, we feel that we can beat them in a one day series. we beat all the top icc associate teams including ireland frequently in the recent past. we have proved that we are among the best of the associates. even irish will agree. so, we want to just play against bd a three match series to see who is better.
Really sorry boss i was not aware of that. I genuinly thought (no hard feelings) bro that afgans beat irish as a one off. Thats great allhamdullilah. But u seem really serious abut the fact that u have a chance of beating us. Over the past few months im not sure how much u are aware, bdesh have also shown signs of improving to atleast exceed the quality of cricket played by west indies and pakistan. I just feel i dont know y that u will not have much of a scope of victory against us. Perhahs a one off. Enwayz i wish the best for the future of bdesh cricket.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:44 PM
Banned

this afghan is an infiltrate. a mocker.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear Afghan bhai, are you a true man of Afghan origin? Please introduce yourself to us and tell us about the Afghanisthan team and cricket in Afghanisthan in general, what is it like out there bhai?
Old February 23, 2010, 05:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Ganguly,Vettori,

Quote:
we beat ireland several times including in the crucial matches like t/20 qualifier final. so, it is not like beating once and then losing to ireland for the next 20 matches. like bd did against some big teams. i am not talking about just one match win over bd, we feel that we can beat them in a one day series. we beat all the top icc associate teams including ireland frequently in the recent past. we have proved that we are among the best of the associates. even irish will agree. so, we want to just play against bd a three match series to see who is better.
First win ONE match out of five against our Under 21 team or under 19 team. An XI comprising of our weakest regional teams scored 250 against England yesterday, and you think you can beat our main team?

True, shoot for the star. You may even hit a tree top.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:46 PM
Cricket Savant

This thread is Jamin Hooot right now!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 24 (14 members and 10 guests)
bujhee kom, Eshen+, ialbd, Tigers_eye+, Wakidul, shajib14+, B_IKHAN_71, afghan, betaar+, Ashfaq+
Old February 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
Cricket Legend

I understand the sentiment Shardul.... but this is where we have to step up as well. We constantly keep saying, we'll win against NZ this time, we'll beat England this time.... and I am sure they just ignore all that and focus on their game play cuz they are just Professional. We have to be like that.... and go beyond our sentiments/complexities...

btw Afghan bro, I have began to doubt your motive. We are already a big well wisher of the Afghan cricket team and only wish for their best, but I am getting a feeling that you are rather looking for rivalry.... plz tell me I am wrong ....
Old February 23, 2010, 05:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Ghazni and Samarkand are not in Afghanistaan, right? I always think as Afghanisthan as being the most beautiful, romantic country in the world!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Confidence is good and I myself rooted for Afgan team. But what I don't like is: Shiitiest ever team, newest ever team, associate team or division 5 team.....everyone thinks that they can beat Bangladesh. Afgans playing well and everyone started saying, they are better than BD..they can even beat BD. Look, no one will say, this Afganstan can beat Zimbo. This attitude by others is very very hard for me to swallow, given that many of us already have a subtle and sub-conscious inferior complexity embedded in our mind.

Therefore my reply to Afgan - দূর হ!
I know what you mean. I myself think some might be jumping the gun just a little bit. But hey! We brought this on ourselves. Even if we did whitewash them when they came over, we did lose to Ireland in the World Cup. Thats the big one.

Confidence is a fickle thing. It can vindicate one moment, and set you up for disappointment the next. I personally hope it doesn't in this case. I like the whole "Rocky" thing they have going. Didnt one of their allrounders say they would handle Dale Steyn easily? Now, that's chutzpah!

I kinda wish their first representative on this board wasn't a troll though. That kinda kills it...
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd

btw Afghan bro, I have began to doubt your motive. We are already a big well wisher of the Afghan cricket team and only wish for their best, but I am getting a feeling that you are rather looking for rivalry.... plz tell me I am wrong ....
Just curious - what's wrong if he is looking for rivalry? Is not that all sports about?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashfaq
Afghan don't get too excited. The Ireland team Afghanistan beat and the Ireland the one that was undisputed No.1 associate for the last three years aren't the same team. England stole the best Irish players and now Ireland is beatable by Afghanistan.

Also, remember that a mediocre(at best) attack got you for 250 in the first innings and then you conceded more than 550 runs to them.

Your performance is credible. But remember you are yet to play any game with test playing nations. You have to do a lot more before your big claims stop sounding ridiculous. Though I agree you should play BD A team few times a year. Practice for you, Practice for us.
No bd A team is too bad. they were thrashed by ireland in their last tour to ireland. we have beaten ireland several times, recently in a 4 day match and twice in t/20 wc qualifier. we want to play against the main bd team.
Old February 23, 2010, 05:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Dear Afghan bhai, Are you not a man of real Afghan origin? Do you not have any connection with my dream Afghanisthan...then why am I saying all this? Are you there Afghan bhai, please say something!
Old February 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I understand the sentiment Shardul.... but this is where we have to step up as well. We constantly keep saying, we'll win against NZ this time, we'll beat England this time.... and I am sure they just ignore all that and focus on their game play cuz they are just Professional. We have to be like that.... and go beyond our sentiments/complexities...

You are confusing me. I'm sorry but as far as I can tell I am a professional engineer and being in banglacricket doesn't entail any professionalism clause.

I know exactly how I should approach infantile claims, but I'm surprized that people are even entertaining the idea. Afghanistan are good, but they are yet to play any ODI series. How can they beat us?
Old February 23, 2010, 05:54 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim,Rahim,shakib

fair play to ya afghan and ur beloved nation ., tbh i didnt evn knw afghanistan had a cricket team !!
itz gud to see them rising 4rm almost no where to being a force to be reckoned wiv. i believe this is exactly wa bangladesh need,to be lookin over there shoulder evry second ., so we dnt gett complacent and rest wen we get a bit of success under our hands., and if we do then ... well we dont desrve to be called a cricketin nation.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Just curious - what's wrong if he is looking for rivalry? Is not that all sports about?
absolutely.... thats what sport is about...

but I think we rather keep this forum free of maramari & galagali.... I think we are better than that....

reminds me of nzfan...... sigh..... rivalry had the better of him
Old February 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
if you're really an afghan: congrats and welcome!

if you're indian, or equally worse, paki: scram!
I dont believe they are afgans. Most of them are pakis.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

To back to original idea: Chasing 500 runs is not easy, they did it. Congrats. But it stops there. Thinking Afghan team can beat Bangldesh at a heartbeat with only beating Ireland few times is just laughable, if not a libel.. Ireland, Zimbabwe, Kenya all thought they have improved beyond what BD had, they came to Bangladesh and got thrashed. Never did Ireland utter they are better than Bangladesh again even after their T20 win. Bangladesh is unpredictable but not a team that Afghanistan can beat that easily. Yes, we lost few times here and there but look at the past 2-3 years history of records,, and you will see that a team of 3 -Tamim/Shakib/Riad alone can beat Afghanistan 12 team member. But then again, congrats on winning against whatever team that was you have beaten. Do come to Bangladesh and arrange a series...
Old February 23, 2010, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

I agree, though to be honest I think our academy side would prove too strong for you guys.

But I still think Afghanistan should play BD A team for a first class tour of BD.

I would be interested in how well Afghans do, and if BD A can thrash Afghanistan completely - that would be nice to see, our young boys handling big games like that.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximumpro
do u guys have enough money to buy the air tickets for ur player to come bangladesh and beat them?
Your post is not consistent with BC spirit specially when it is directed to a new member.
That was completely unnecessary and rude. Moderators should take note of this. This kind of remarks should not be tolerated.

Afghan, welcome to BC. Please ignore his post. And hey congrats. It is always good to see new nations coming up. Look forward to match between BD and AFG.

No intention to burst your bubble. As far as I know most of your current players are actually products of either Pak or Eng. That actually casts doubt whether the recent progress of AFG is sustainable for a longer period. However, I hope this success generates interest for cricket in AFG.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
absolutely.... thats what sport is about...

but I think we rather keep this forum free of maramari & galagali.... I think we are better than that....

reminds me of nzfan...... sigh..... rivalry had the better of him
Yeah, it's a real shame how majority of fans here start to act when a foreign fan puts up a challenge here.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:10 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

http://www.cricinfo.com/icccont2010/...ch/438893.html
maybe you guys can play a series against our u-19 team. I doubt you will win a game tho... doesn't matter what format.
Old February 23, 2010, 06:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You are confusing me. I'm sorry but as far as I can tell I am a professional engineer and being in banglacricket doesn't entail any professionalism clause.

I know exactly how I should approach infantile claims, but I'm surprized that people are even entertaining the idea. Afghanistan are good, but they are yet to play any ODI series. How can they beat us?
hahah... Ashfaq bhai, I called the NZ/ENG PLAYERS Professional..... not the banglacricket members.....

I meant to say, our PLAYERS have to deal with these professionally (that is in the field) rather than fighting over 'How dare they challenge us?'

you had me wondering with all the engineering talk....
Old February 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
hahah... Ashfaq bhai, I called the NZ/ENG PLAYERS Professional..... not the banglacricket members.....

I meant to say, our PLAYERS have to deal with these professionally (that is in the field) rather than fighting over 'How dare they challenge us?'

you had me wondering with all the engineering talk....
Sorry for the confusion. I was confused and confusion is contagious.

I hope our players are professional enough to play the delivery and not the bowler. But that doesn't mean I'm going to act all stiff upper lip gentle man in an internet forum. What is the use of anonymity if I can't let my dark side take over one a while?
Old February 23, 2010, 06:21 PM
Banned

Quote:

Because your team lost to ireland twice in crucial tournaments like WC and t/20 wc and we beat ireland several times in all forms of cricket. so, we believe that we can win 3 match odi series against bd.
Closed Thread