facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Closed Thread

Old February 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
sorry but where is the cricket pitch?
Oi je Roni bhai, oi paharer bhitore, padodeshe!

Old February 23, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by afghan
Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

http://www.cricinfo.com/icccont2010/...ch/438893.html
Good to see beside Ireland, there is one other team who is breaking through the barrier for a test status soon!
Old February 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Congratulations Afghanistan, it was a splendid effort and deserves all the credit. I hope you fellows play well in the world T20, would love to see you guys make the semis, a lot depends on Hamid Hassan. Anyway looking forward to your match against India in T20. Will be rooting for you guys.
Old February 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
^^Arrey One World bhai, ami na hoy eka eka ekta pagoler moto chopi post kortesi, apni kaar shathe kotha boltesen?
Oh sorry bbhai, I thought you were serving Biriani with Peshowari Kebab.
Old February 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Reminds me of Syed Mujtaba Ali's দেশে বিদেশে
Old February 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Congrats, Afghanistan.
Now a matured minow will learn from a young minow, how to win. Wonderful.
Old February 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Reminds me of Syed Mujtaba Ali's দেশে বিদেশে
Dadas, arrey Minir shey Kabuliwalar desh...boro shundor desh! Afghanisthan-er moto eto shundor desh ami aar kothao dekhi nai konodiin, not even Saudi Arabia! Ami Afghanisthan-er landscape-er preme aaj mogno!! Ami oi deshe gie cinema/Film banate chai!!
Old February 23, 2010, 10:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

To quote the great George W. Bush

Bring em on.
Old February 23, 2010, 10:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

4 pages? wow

Super-hit thread.

Afghan guy seems like a Pakistani guy. Same arrogance same attitudes.
Old February 23, 2010, 10:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Accha bhais, Afghanisthan-e amra loke pathate pari naa? Honeymoon-e jaabe public! Amra jete chai Singapore, Bankok, Malayasia.....Afghanisthan mone hoi aro kache! Package tour kore dibo! Family deal as well!
Old February 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Just like our own fans get carried away with the Bangladesh teams successes, I think we're getting too carried away by considering Afghanistan a big threat. It's just a big step backwards. Teams like NZ and Pakistan, who aren't too far ahead of us, crush us more so than the top teams do. This is how we should approach the likes of Ireland, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan.

To the Afghan fans, congrats on the win against Canada. Definitely no mean feat chasing such a big total. But bear in mind, you're playing a Canadian bowling line-up in Sharjah - ultra flat wicket. Don't get too ahead of yourselves.
Old February 23, 2010, 11:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Ya, my beloved Afghanistan cricket team won a first class match against Canada today by scoring 494 in the fourth innings on the last day. It is a record. I am sure any team would have struggled to score that many runs on the last day pitch. I am now waiting to see a match against Bangaladesh. Bangaladesh lost matches against ireland several times and we, the Afghan team beat ireland comprehensively in all forms of cricket recently. So, get ready for the defeats of your team against our team. sorry guys, it was initially only ireland. now add Afghanistan in your threat list.

u forgot that IR won one day match or T20 in a bouncy pitch. don't worry it will take more for your team to beat us. u scored against some pathetic bowlers in a sand filled stadium try to do it in bd against shahadat and co. Don't try to fly before you can walk. and stop thinking bd as your punching bag that same IR team will get beaten by us 100 times in our condition but for your information your team doesn't have a different condition as bd got same kind of weather...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old February 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar

It's true that Bangladesh would’ve definitely struggled to claim even a draw batting on a last day…against any team. And to win a match the way Afghan’s did is a feat by itself, regardless of the opponent and the pitch condition or the size of the ground.
Heck, did any of our players even score a double ton against any international side at any level or form of cricket…….they should learn from this afghan team.
But Afghan’s shouldn't get carried away because to be honest no matter how bad Bangladesh or Zim is it will not be easy to beat. But with the way Afghan’s started there international cricket I am sure it won’t bee too long before they become a force to recon with. Good going guys.

We banglais like to see us very small... for your kind information look at rokons stats he did that way way way before....

And didn't we chase SL score in last day and score 400+

We never get to play 4 dayrs against these associates teams? so how do u know we couldn't do it? when we played *** level no team other than SL and ZIMB could come to close to armature bd players...
so don't look down on bd players.

BTW what a way to open a thread by a foreigner to this site and attacking BD fans...

Sorry to say your wish or dream will take long time to become true inshallah...

By killing a stupid cat u think u can mess with tigers? ask India/Pakistan/Australia...

Old February 23, 2010, 11:39 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Brother, just look at the following two scorecards. you will understand we beat almost the same ireland team that you lost against. the irish team is still almost the same.
http://www.cricinfo.com/2010iccwt20/...ch/439511.html
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/355997.html
Ah now i understand whats going on here... its not the afgan team its you who doesn't understand C of cricket... or else u wouldn't make these silly comparisons...

We beat Austrlain world cup champion team. we beat WC runner up Pak team. we kicked out WC runner up Indian team? so????

Its not even worth replying to your messages. either u don't know cricket or a pki spy or a 2 year old kid... anyway this is my last reply to this stupid thread...
Old February 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Confidence is good, arrogance is not.

my wholehearted congratulations go to Afghanistan Cricket team and its respected fans. However, Bangladesh has never faced Afghanistan in the recent past. therefore, i will refrain from further predictions...

do you guys have ODI status yet?
Old February 23, 2010, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Djoker...chiria ekkhan
Mods vaisob, nisiddo ghosona kore amader k janan uni kun desher nagorik. I think IP address dekhe apni already jene gesen..ar eka eka moja nichchen.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old February 23, 2010, 11:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

18 year old guy scored a double ton, under pressure on day 5...SubhanAllah!!!
Old February 23, 2010, 11:58 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

The rise of Afghanistan and other associate nations started when all Assosciate countries have been given the opportunity to play 3-4 day games - right at the beginning of our gaining test status.

This was predictable when the first class games started among the associates and/or affiliates.

BCB should have started concentrating on improving our first class structure at least five years ago. Since the past and the current BCB personnel have failed in that respect, now we're failing or at least showing signs of failure in every other department (T-20, Tests, ODIs). I am pretty positive that if our main Bangladesh team faces this Afghan team, we could be on the losing side if the games are either T-20 or first class matches.

Because to be honest, we suck at both these games. The only matches that our current team is particularly good at, is the 50 over games, because we have been playing this particular format of the game way too many than the other formats. (And even in 50 over games, we're not strong enough to confidently say that we're gonna win a series against England / New Zealand) Sakib, our captain himself has admitted in the recent NZ tour that we don't know how to play in a T-20 game.
Old February 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

day 4.
day 5 shudhu test'a asey. Nevertheless, what a chase.
Old February 24, 2010, 12:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:

Hey, why don't you target India or Pakistan or India? They're way more crap than us....
And I don't mean target Pakistan as the Talibans do...

Chasing 400 against Canada is like chasing 150 against us...how is it the afghan bowlers were bad enough to actually allow Canada to set that target?

Anyway, you prob a troll...who got frustrated coz u cant get layd..
Old February 24, 2010, 12:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Just have Shahariar Nafees play against them and he'll score 502*...you would have to drag him out of the field if you declare before that...our batsmen are too aggressive in general, but Afghans would be lucky to score more than 150 in either innings..don't underestimate our team. We will overtake WI in 4 years' time.
Old February 24, 2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. ya, i believe the difference between Afghan team and Bd team is not that much.
Afim khaoyer pore emoni money hoy!
Old February 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
Test Cricketer

with the literacy rate of around 28%, you can't expect more manners. They are mostly fat-headed and values owning a piece of property or restaurant much more than having an education at higher level. Once this afghani guy was laughing when he heard that I was doing Masters in accounting. He said he didnt go to college, he and his 14 other siblings has restaurant business...pathetic