facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Ziaur Rahman. Why?

Mods - please delete if there's already a thread about this.

I fail to understand my Mushy never gives the ball to Zia - especially when Shafiul is performing so badly. Even against India, everyone was shocked that Zia was taken off the attack after he got a wicket.

Is it personal? Does Mushy have something against Zia? I can't think of any other reason.

Old March 4, 2014, 12:01 PM
Administrator

It's being discussed in various threads but I think it's important enough to deserve its own thread.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

What was the harm of giving only one over.. he should have been tried with at least an over...
Old March 4, 2014, 12:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Mushy doesn't think sometimes.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Don't think he is a special bowler to begin with but if you are to keep him in the side as a no. 8 batsman it won't do any harm to give the ball to him instead of Razzak
Old March 4, 2014, 12:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Ask the hard questions to Musfiq. He is complaining to the media left and right, but he is getting away with his repeated mistakes as the captain.

"Why Zia if he is not bowled a single over" is one question? Its not that other bowlers were doing great in the game.

The other question is Why Riyad (the specialized bowler) and Razzzak and not Sunny?

And why bringing back Razzak in 48th over instead of Al-Amin when finally when we was having a decent spell later in the game.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:16 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Goboy, #1-Allrounder

Mushy is clueless and when the going is good he is fine but a few boundaries, and the momentum changes so fast that he has no idea what to do. Mominul+Mullah in theirs overs were good and that was when Zia should have been brought.

Its sad. Zia will be equally lost since he will have no idea what he is doing in the team.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Mushy is still the classic reactionary captain. Today, when he saw the spinners were doin well he just bowled them. I mean, in the past he never used the bowling of Momin or Nasir when many fans, inclduing, myself were calling for that. If he sees a Robiul is bowling well he will bowl him till he breaks down.

He definitely should have bowled Zia an over or two just to see how he fares. Zia actually is a very decent bowling option with his wkt 2 wkt stuff.

The management must sit down with Mushy and discuss his captaincy and bowling options. He should be urged to become much more proactive. He definitely, shouldnt have bowled Razzak his last over since he went for plenty in his previous over. Momin or Zia would have been much more intelligent option.
Old March 4, 2014, 12:24 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Ziaur is a wicket to wicket bowler who can contain runs - seriously mushy missed a trick here, least should have given Ziaur 2-3 overs least between 26-33 overs. Shafiul was very expensive in his first second and 3rd spell.

Me and this uncle we were shouting loud why Ziaur isnt bowing few overs instead of Shafiul and Razzak between 20-44 overs. Obviously you wont try him in the PP, then why not before it?
Ziaur isnt MaGrath but no doubt he is wicket to wicket bowler and has better control than Shafiul and Razzak.

Last edited by Hasan2k8; March 4, 2014 at 02:50 PM..
Old March 4, 2014, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I think Zia's big body is a camouflage for Mushfiq in the background..
Old March 4, 2014, 01:01 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

If you have clueless captain like Mushi , BD can't win even scoring 400 !! Here is one example of Zia's recent match winning performance in ODI as a bowler :
Ziaur Rahman takes five in Bangladesh victory vs Zimbabwe
After Shafiul Islam's strikes put Zimbabwe on the back foot early in their chase of 270, Ziaur's five for 30 snuffed out any hope of a revival as the hosts were bowled out for 148.

Agence France-Presse | Last updated on Friday, 03 May 2013 20:50 Printfont size-+

Ads by Google
Watch Full Episodes – Turn Your Computer into a TV! Watch Full TV Episodes w Free App
www.televisionfanatic.com
Bulawayo: Ziaur Rahman's maiden five-wicket haul in just his fourth one-day international saw Bangladesh record a comprehensive 121-run victory over Zimbabwe in the first of a three-match series in Bulawayo.

After Shafiul Islam's strikes put Zimbabwe on the back foot early in their chase of 270, Ziaur's five for 30 snuffed out any hope of a revival as the hosts were bowled out for 148.

Although Bangladesh have a healthy record at Queens Sports Club, winning six out of eight one-dayers before this encounter, the margin by which Zimbabwe lost led captain Brendan Taylor to brand the defeat a "shocker".

"We were happy restricting them to 269 (for eight) on a flat wicket, but we didn't bat well," he said. "There's no room for excuses. We kept finding ways to get out."

Despite losing Regis Chakabva and Pakistan-born debutant Sikandar Raza in the opening four overs
Old March 4, 2014, 02:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Zia ke neya hoise karon o shu-dorshon, shutham dehi, ebong khub i purushali dekhte,
okey nile team er average height ektu barey (à la fois mentally & physically),
tacharao Ziaur Rahman ke neya hoise bortoman shorkar niropekkho bujhanor jonno
Old March 4, 2014, 03:24 PM
Banned

I also demand the answer. Media and Isam should be all over Mushy. This is just unacceptable. The best bowler at the moment is Zia. And, you don't let him bowl a single ball ???
Old March 4, 2014, 04:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

May be the current govt does not want the name Ziaur Rahman all over the press. ;-)

Back to the original topic; it's one of those things we will never get an answer of. Mushy may not feel Zia's bowling is anything special but when things are not working out you try all your options. The inclusion of Shaf was a brain dead one to begin with; he always bowls rank half vollies and goes for runs; why not include Aarafat Sunny instead?
Old March 4, 2014, 04:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
The inclusion of Shaf was a brain dead one to begin with; he always bowls rank half vollies and goes for runs; why not include Aarafat Sunny instead?
We already knows that answer, don't we? Hr even publicly fought with Faruk for him
Old March 4, 2014, 05:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Shafiul was a fatal mistake over Sunny. If it was Sunny instead, we could have won it with bonus point.
Shafiul was totally ineffective and it goes to show how our coach/captain fail to pick the right 11 based on the pitch condition and opposition strength. Maybe Taijul could have picked over Shafiul to begin with....
Old March 4, 2014, 07:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Sad thing is, we selected that loser Farhad Reza claiming he is a phast bowling all rounder, and let him bowl the most important over of the game. Yet, when we have a guy in our team who is probably a little better than Reza, we don't even give him one single over.
Old March 4, 2014, 11:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

I think mushi is worried that Zia may perform well... in that case mahmudullah is be replaced at no.7 ... so u can understand...

we need to replace our captain.. mushi is acting like a dictator since he has been awarded long term captaincy role..
Old March 4, 2014, 11:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good to see his name start with a "Z" again after the letter "J" kept me entertained against Afghanistan.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 5, 2014, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

This needs to be sorted out. Farhad Reza is the better bowler, Zia is the better batsman. But neither imo are good enough for the team. If we dont want to use them, why not play someone like Sabbir who is more energetic in the field. Is also handy with his leg spin in addition to his brave batting.
Old March 5, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
May be the current govt does not want the name Ziaur Rahman all over the press. ;-)
Thats why I guess he changed the name in his shirt to Jiaur..

However zia should make mushfiq realize that he is in his team and will not betray..
Till now m.ullah, razzak and shafiul could earn his trust
Old March 5, 2014, 06:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Mushfiq hates Zia for some reason. I recall him being the victim of Mushy's jhari on at least a couple of occasions. He also severely under-rates Nazmul while over-rating the ability of guys like Shafiul, Rajib, Abul and Rubel (in Tests). Me thinks he has a pace fetish.
Old March 5, 2014, 06:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
. He also severely under-rates Nazmul while over-rating the ability of guys like Shafiul, Rajib, Abul and Rubel (in Tests). Me thinks he has a pace fetish.
He must see a hidden Steyn in them
Old March 5, 2014, 07:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Mushfiq hates Zia for some reason. I recall him being the victim of Mushy's jhari on at least a couple of occasions. He also severely under-rates Nazmul while over-rating the ability of guys like Shafiul, Rajib, Abul and Rubel (in Tests). Me thinks he has a pace fetish.
Sorry when did Abul play last time ?

Give the man a break.
Old March 5, 2014, 07:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Sorry when did Abul play last time ?

Give the man a break.
I'm talking about when he did play. He was a clear favourite of Mushy despite a lack of results. With that being said, I actually see real potential in Abul. He has all the ingredients needed to be a successful fast bowler and I hope he recovers and is back in action soon.