facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 26, 2009, 11:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Well and truly said by Siddons. Hope we will go with this momentum and it will be accelerated. The risk factors are:

1. Our players can be over confident. They did it in past but till now there is no sign. may be because of our Captain (Shakib). He is emotionless. Hope media and fans will also show some maturity.

2. Chance of political interference. Success of cricket team is always shown as success of particular political party, who is in the power. However, this chance is very low. Not more than 5%-10%. I expect we passed that era.

3. BCB can be over confident and continue to avoid domestic level. It will definitely be a boomerang and national performance will be affected.

Hope for the Best.

I disagree with you. Coach and players know what they got into and what is at stake. JS pointed out clearly it is long way to go. And political party, specially the rulling party, is not hinderance to the team success as PM encouraged them, provided them incentive and reminded them what needs to be done by the players.

Old August 26, 2009, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Shakib's captaincy was successful although at times his youth was tested and his patience with others of lesser ability in his team tested..
What does that mean?

So does that mean, there was already some kind of conflict beween him and some players mainly due to his inexperience as a captain and/or his expectaion to get more from his players?

If so, I would like to know who are some of those players who were not happy with his captaincy at certain point in the series?
Old August 26, 2009, 11:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
What does that mean?

So does that mean, there was already some kind of conflict beween him and some players mainly due to his inexperience as a captain and/or his expectaion to get more from his players?

If so, I would like to know who are some of those players who were not happy with his captaincy at certain point in the series?
Na, wicket mic'a raqibul'rey jai gali disey tar kotha bola hoitasey monay hoi. Practice field'a monay hoi aro beshi jhari dai. As for Siddons, he must have memorized all the slang at first go. Must have followed the youtude learning bangla in under 2 mins. (Mav posted one on the Forget section)
Old August 26, 2009, 12:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

I am glad that JS spoke following Hayden's comment about Bangladesh. I wanted to know what is the plan from here on.
Old August 26, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

cricinfo -

"Siddons acknowledged that his team's chances of winning increased significantly due to the absence of West Indies' senior players but he pointed out that Bangladesh weren't fielding a full-strength team either. The ICL had recruited many of their established players, who, upon being granted amnesty by their board, have to wait until December 31 before making a return to international cricket. "

I did not like this comment at all. Once again, we are trying to compare our ICL-er with Gayle & Co. This is embarassing comparison. If anything, the ICL-ers should be kept far far away from our current Test squad. Yes, some of them can be brought back in for our T20 squad but for ODI, it is still debatable.
Old August 26, 2009, 12:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Actually we are in a confusing state now, as we have won series with teams that are weak compared to us and we are expected to win those two series. So, we should not come to the conclusion that we are in the right track. Rather we should think about some important issues such as - Strengthening bowling attack and concentrate on domestic structure. The recent success should be used in a way so that it carries us to the next level. By not being satisfied, we should focus on various weak links that we have and sort it out.

I feel our bowling attack is very poor and it will suffer with any strong team. As Mashrafee not in the team, actually we are playing only with one Bowler - Sakib. In coming test matches, we are going to suffer to take wickets and I find no wicket taker really. This is high time to be serious on this and plan for the bowling attack for the series to come.

There are lots of work to be done.

Exactly what I had been thinking too. Unless we play and acheive this type of success against the top 7 + stroner WI, it is too early to say that we cannot be taken lightly. 17 catch drops in a series will not win us any matches against the big team.
Old August 26, 2009, 12:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
cricinfo -

"Siddons acknowledged that his team's chances of winning increased significantly due to the absence of West Indies' senior players but he pointed out that Bangladesh weren't fielding a full-strength team either. The ICL had recruited many of their established players, who, upon being granted amnesty by their board, have to wait until December 31 before making a return to international cricket. "

I did not like this comment at all. Once again, we are trying to compare our ICL-er with Gayle & Co. This is embarassing comparison. If anything, the ICL-ers should be kept far far away from our current Test squad. Yes, some of them can be brought back in for our T20 squad but for ODI, it is still debatable.
Actually I like his comment and the way he used ICL-ers to neutralize the weak WI team logic.

In reality we all know those ICl-ers will not be brought back all in a sudden after Dec 31; some of them may be bought back only after they perform in local league and only to meet certain team needs. Atleast thats what we are all hoping.

But the way Siddon used ICL to neutralize the "weak WI" logic, is to me, shows great media savvy by the coach. This is a very good counter point that for different reasons, a nation cannot select the best players (on paper) in the team, but at the end of the day we need to accept that team as their national team and move on.
Old August 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I think we are definitely moving forward as a cricketing nation positively. I just hope that we win some games against some top sides.
Old August 26, 2009, 03:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Siddons got skin cancer:
http://www.prothom-alo.net/V1/mcat.n...yNDg2&mid=OA==
Old August 26, 2009, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Why to point fingers to others? Siddons himself is not shy to criticize players in front of the media when they lose.

It's pathetic to see there is no mention of Sujon and Salahuddin's contributions as assistant coaches! Taking all the glory for himself!

BTW, sorry to hear he got skin cancer. I hope he will recover fast.
Old August 26, 2009, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

kinda off topic but how much does IRE gain if they can beat ENG tomorrow? Does that bring them closer to us by much?
Old August 26, 2009, 03:54 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
kinda off topic but how much does IRE gain if they can beat ENG tomorrow? Does that bring them closer to us by much?
You can use this calculator to figure that out - http://www.banglacricket.com/tools/odichampcalc.php

Ireland's rating will rise from 27 to 42. But Bangladesh will be still ahead with rating of 55.
Old August 26, 2009, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Thx. Was not aware of this tool.

Wow, that brings them pretty close.
Old August 26, 2009, 08:33 PM
Club Cricketer

is the ng V ire match a real ODI or just practice? if its practice..no rating no nothing.
Old August 26, 2009, 09:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangladeshFan
I dont think Jamie Siddons has anything to do with Bd success, how long he has been coach? if we do a performance curve after he started it wouldnt show a smooth upward trend, rather a zigzag and mostly very poor curve.

there is one factor though and I think that is sakib (and probably shujon as asst coach), but we have won against a very poor WI and a struggling zim, so we cant really judge where we are now. But after those mentioned series we will know, even the zim tour to Bd will give us a better indication, I think zim will provide even more competition in Bd than what they did in their own ground.
Way to contradict your self there.
Old August 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by raf-stah
is the ng V ire match a real ODI or just practice? if its practice..no rating no nothing.
Well it is classed as ODI according to CI, also given ODI number 2878.

Funny thing is BD v ZIM last match was ODI 2874

So what happened to 2875,2876.2877 I am bit confused here.
Old August 26, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

There was some games between the Associates in the weekend.
Old August 26, 2009, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Canada v Kenya at King City (NW), 2nd ODI, Aug 22, 2009 [ODI # 2877]
Scotland v Ireland at Aberdeen, 1st ODI, Aug 22, 2009 [ODI # 2876]
Canada v Kenya at King City (NW), 1st ODI, Aug 19, 2009 [ODI # 2875]

Old August 26, 2009, 09:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

http://www.cricinfo.com/scotland/eng...ch/408627.html
Ireland vs Scot - 2876. So I think those are associate games.
Old August 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
Cricket Legend

well KEN, CAN, IRE, NED, SCO and AFG all have ODI status for now so any games involving them are legitimate ODI games.
Old August 26, 2009, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahms
I disagree with you. Coach and players know what they got into and what is at stake. JS pointed out clearly it is long way to go. And political party, specially the rulling party, is not hinderance to the team success as PM encouraged them, provided them incentive and reminded them what needs to be done by the players.
Misinterpretation of Message. So Sad
Old August 26, 2009, 10:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^^Thanks guys. That explains where those thre ODI gone. So if Noor Ahmed or whoever from Afgan scores a 200, we will forget about Charles Coventry's and Saeed Anwar's 194
Old August 26, 2009, 10:30 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mr. Kutta

but it won't happen i guess.
Old August 26, 2009, 10:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Salaam to pani Khai bhai.
Old August 26, 2009, 10:36 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mr. Kutta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Salaam to pani Khai bhai.
Walaikim salam bhujee_kom bhai.apni ti sotti kom bhujen?