facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 20, 2011, 12:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Don't change the batting order

Now that the selection saga is over we need to talk about the line up and also the batting order which is one of the most important decision the coach and the captain has to take now. Changes in batting order makes a team lose the momentum and also shift balance. For the last two series the batting has been fairly consistent and in a slow, low and batting friendly pitch of Mirpur or Chittagong a score of 240-260 will be defendable. I am really scared of accommodating our stars like Ashraful and Nafees to the team and changing the batting order.

There are lots of talk about the middle order (the top order is settled in my opinion with Tamim, Imrul and Junaid). Number 4 is one of the most important position in the batting line up, specially given our team context. It is followed by a stable opening pair and Sakib is joined later. I would definitely play Rokibul in number 4 as of now. His technique is one of the best in the team. And if pushed he can up the tempo.

Also, I want to remind people that this team does consist of fairly a good number of good hitters or clean strikers of the ball. Put Tamim, Sakib, Mushfique, Junaid, Naeem in the same category. We need partners to rotate the strike and that is where we need players like Rokibul, Imrul to come in. It would have been best if we had a Mashrafe but Shariful is a good hitter as I have heard.

My plea to the fans, BCB, coach and the captain is to go with the same team and till unproven and out of form don't accommodate the replacements. And also please take into account the fielding of Rokibul and Naeem (I wouldn't get into facts about how bad of a fielder Mahmudullah and Ashraful is).
Old January 20, 2011, 01:51 AM
Banned

I agree on not shuffling the batting order. If a player doesn't perform replace him with the other one in the squad but don't change the batting order. If someone hasn't performed in a certain position over a long period of time, there is no guaranty he will start playing well in a new position.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)

Note: Yay!! I just broke Brian Lara's test record. Good sign! Will definitely break his first class record in the world cup!

Last edited by firstlane; January 20, 2011 at 03:12 AM..
Old January 20, 2011, 02:24 AM
BC Editorial Team

hmm seems we have near relatives of Rok and Big Z in the forum!
Old January 20, 2011, 02:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
now, now ...

If SN is in, we won't have both of ROK or Big Z in the team. I say the former sits out...
Old January 20, 2011, 03:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
I'm pretty sure.
Old January 20, 2011, 10:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Well said.
Old January 20, 2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I say they both sit out.

SN at 3, Mushfiqur at 4.
Old January 20, 2011, 02:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I say they both sit out.

SN at 3, Mushfiqur at 4.
I agree. No room at the top.
Old January 20, 2011, 03:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
I say they both sit out.

SN at 3, Mushfiqur at 4.
Yup.

#6 - Ashraful
#7 - Riyad/Naeem (now thats way too lower for either of them... but do we rather play Rokibul at no. 4 and Mushy at #6 ? No... so as much as i'd hate to play Riyad/Naeem that low, there's no choice. Naeem comes in (edge in fielding), and Riyad sits out)
#8-#11 are for the four bowlers (Shubho/Nazmul, Shafiul, Razzak, Rubel)
Old January 20, 2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I say they both sit out.

SN at 3, Mushfiqur at 4.
yap....ashraful at 6..[need him for power play].
Old January 20, 2011, 10:42 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricadda
yap....ashraful at 6..[need him for power play].
I agree. SN, Mushi, and Ash at 3, 4, and 6, respectively.
Old January 20, 2011, 02:48 AM
BC Editorial Team

yeah well then who's the extra batter? I know ATMR is going to say Nayeem.
Old January 20, 2011, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
yeah well then who's the extra batter? I know ATMR is going to say Nayeem.
That sixth spot is the only open spot IMNHO. Mahmudullah or Nayeem? Depends on pitch to take advantage of their part-time bowling?

ps. I am reconciled to the fact will be in and assuming #7 for him.
Old January 20, 2011, 03:48 AM
Cricket Sage

Why not? Let the captain have freedom to do any changes he feels good for winning.
Old January 20, 2011, 04:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Yah sure, break the winning combination. I am sure Nafees has proven time and again along with Ashraful that they are consistent performers. It's a team sport and small parts of the game do matter for the big picture. Junaid's average was the highest among the run getters for Bangladesh last year.

Many people ignore the fact that S.Nafees's average against the top 8 teams in the world is appalling. Here is a summary for all the ODIs he has played against the top 8 teams.

Career averages

Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s
unfiltered 2005-2010 64 64 5 1976 123* 33.49 2790 70.82 4 11 9 253 7 Profile
filtered 2006-2010 26 26 0 347 73 13.34 532 65.22 0 1 6 52 0

Yes. An average of only 13.34 for the last 5 years. Sure, I would select him.... NOT
Old January 20, 2011, 09:40 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Yes. An average of only 13.34 for the last 5 years. Sure, I would select him.... NOT
Sure his output against the top-flight teams has been ugly, but those filtered numbers that you mention are from a period when he was in and out of the team, had a year of "rebellious" cricket in T20 format with a future-less entity, and had major technical flaws.

Nafees seem to have let common-sense prevail, has worked on his batting, and has shown signs in the recent past that could only mean well for us. When he was in the U-19 ranks, Richard McInnes, our academy coach back then, spoke very highly of him. And its not like he couldnt bat against the best WITH his flawed technique: he smoked the in-form Aussie bowlers like Warne, Lee and Gillespie all over! Imagine what his improved version would do for us!
Old January 20, 2011, 07:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Good thread tanvir_nus bhai. I agree with you that Zunaed should be in there. I'm still not confident in SN playing the #3. Zunaed has done a good enough job at #3 for us this year so no point of taking a risk at that position. Roqib on the other hand has not had a good year this year so he should sit while Mushy bats at #4. Mushy unlike SN has been in the national team the past few years so I have more confidence that he will perform up the order. Ideally I would like Shakib being at the #4 but if he doesn't want it then he shouldn't be forced in to it. True Mushy hasn't batted a lot at #4 in the national team but he has done well once he got the chance.
Old January 20, 2011, 07:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
I would definitely play Rokibul in number 4 as of now. His technique is one of the best in the team. And if pushed he can up the tempo.
Yeah Like no offense
or techniquer ami kheta puri. Players like him reminds me of the 2005 2006 bangladesh when batting collapse was a usual thing and you would pray to God for Ashrafool to fetch the team a mere 30-40 runs in almost every match.
Old January 21, 2011, 01:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

Whatever we say about Ash, now that he's in and there's no real big hitter to do the job in the power play, he would be the best option to have at No.6/7! Mushy should be there at No.4, however, Raqibul's gonna get that spot over Mushy bcuz of being one of Siddon's favourites!

On the other hand, I wouldn't say Zunayed has done that bad at No.3 and may be he's gonna get the first preference ahead of Nafees, and I don't see much wrong with that. But the best thing with Nafees's inclusion in the team would be the fact that Zunayed will now know it very well that if he can't perform up to the level, Nafees will be there to grab his spot!
Old January 21, 2011, 01:16 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Hah , it's funny how sum e ppl get satisfied so easily, out of 19 ODIs played against competitive sides this year, we won 1! I did not include Kiwis tour in Bangladesh, because there was nothing competitive there...
And u dunt want to break "winning combinations" ?
I am not saying change the whole line up but the consistency of scoring 220 to 240 runs is awful. I mean anyone can be consistent in that if that's what they want. I want to see Nafees, Mahmudullah getting in.... Change batting order if that benifits.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 21, 2011, 01:24 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

I would play ash at number 7 and sakib at 6, riad at 5, mushy 4, shahriar 3, kayes and tamim open

naeem or shuvo at 8
shafiul 9
razzaq 10
rubel 11

s
Old January 21, 2011, 02:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
I would play ash at number 7 and sakib at 6, riad at 5, mushy 4, shahriar 3, kayes and tamim open

naeem or shuvo at 8
shafiul 9
razzaq 10
rubel 11

s
You know Riyad is completely unsuitable for # 5. Fate of the game will be decided against us by the time he is out. Instead Shakib should be @ 5 & Ash @ 6. Only role Riyad can take is come at 7 and hold one side, while the batsman at other side tries to hit as much as possible.
Old January 21, 2011, 01:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

I guess shuvo and naeem will rotate performance wise
Old January 21, 2011, 02:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

We hardly batted as a cohesive unit in the last two series, needing someone, usually Moyna, to bail us out and deliver time and again with the odd player-of-the-day supporting him. Therefore, the euphemism "winning combination" (with regards to our batting as a cohesive unit) can only appear in the embarrassingly challenged minds of egomaniacal morons at BCB/press still clueless after all these years of being involved with cricket. Shameful to flaunt one's idiocy in public like that and time to wake up to fact that not everyone is in need of meds, therapy and the urgent need to keep his mouth in check.

Generally excellent bowling coupled with almost solitary heroics with the bat delivered most of those wins.

As for Alok, remember I'm one of his biggest fans, he WAS given plenty of chances to perform his way back into the squad but he either bailed out of those opportunities altogether, or didn't perform the way he needed to. So not having him here is no surprise at all.

I am far more concerned about the FACT that the proven gadha of Bangladesh cricket, Sid's Sissified Trio (SiSi3) of once promising batting prospects, and the DramaQueen devoid of the basic ability to sight the ball earlier than it hits his freaking bat, constitute FIVE out of NINE recognized batsmen in the batting order.

Tamim, Abir, Moyna and GoBoy are the four who can. Abir is better than ever IMHO because of that extra effort and I'd like to see him bat at number 3 with GoBoy at 4. Put Imroze at 6 or 7 with the manhood handbook he didn't seem to need before Sid started his extensive estrogen therapy, and hope the gadha delivers Eid in the same positions. Nayeem needs the same handbook as Imroze so better get 2! No Riyad please!!!

DeshuHujur 2.0, though an excellent bowling prospect, can't hold the bat at this level yet and Nostrilamous Rex never could. Shuhash has genuine potential with the bat and I hope he spends enough time in the nets to contribute when the time comes in less than a month.

1. Tamim 2. Imrul 3. Abir 4. Mushfiq 5. Shakib 6. Motin/Imroze 7. Motin/Imroze 8. Nayeem/Shubho 9. Shuhash 10. Rubel 11. Nostrilamous Rex.

Anyway, what's done is done and it's time to get behind the team we have. Let's not forget to add SERIOUS prayers to our individual effort because Lord knows we need to in order to avoid another 2003 made infinitely more painful because we're at home!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 21, 2011 at 06:14 PM..
Old January 21, 2011, 02:19 AM

Needless to say ... Ash, Rock, Mullah 2.0 and Nayeem's career are in stake this time, these sissies better deliver in need, or fade away forever.