facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 24, 2003, 08:40 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Care to go on a battle?

From BBC's International messege board:

"re: New era? Brijesh Pandey - 194th post - 24 Oct 2003 14:02
Does anyone else agree with me when I say history is about to repeat itself. Bangladesh is definitely not a strong force, I'm watching that match and they're bowling slower, lesser bounce but still got the English out in the first innings. I think a lot has got to with the fact that they're sooo poor. Except for Hasan Sarkar and Morataza everyone is very poor, they're playing good but they don't have a class. I think this test can turn into a draw. The facts have spewed forth in virtually every piece filed from Bangladesh so far, yet their true impact clearly hasn't sunk in. Here's a quick reminder (make sure the kids are safely tucked up, now). Bangladesh have played 24 Tests, and lost 23 of them (it would have been 24 if it hadn't rained against Zimbabwe), 15 of them by an innings. If - monsoons permitting - England fail to win both Tests by big margins, it will be one of the worst results in their history. Those are the facts, yet we seem strangely uncomfortable confronting them.
Why? Well, there's probably more to this than the mindless etiquette of pre-competition psychology. England are not good gloaters-in-advance at any sport, even rugby union. Gloating just doesn't sit easily with the national psyche, especially when it comes to that symbol of the sporting empire, cricket.

There's another reason. Ever since the moment every other major team managed to catch up with England - around the late 1970s and early 1980s - the drip-drip of confidence ebbing away has echoed through the corridors of Lord's. And it has continued to echo, even in the flintier days of Nasser Hussain, because of the continued subservience to the Aussies. If we don't gloat-in-advance, it's because we haven't had the practice.

But let's put all that to one side for the moment. England - fresh-faced captain, young bowlers, slow pitches, egg-on-the-Spin's-face and all - should thrash Bangladesh. Even their coach, Dav Whatmore, has said he doesn't care about losing, he just wants to see some progress. As a pre-series war-cry, this is unprecedented. As a Test side, so are Bangladesh. The equivocation stops here.

I think history is repeating itself in the sense Oz, South Africa and Pakistan are the top teams once again with NZ being a strong test team and India being a strong one day team! [reply] [Complain about this post] "

Old October 24, 2003, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

My blood pressure just goes up. It's not helping me or my health.
So, I will stand back and give you my moral support. These sort of brats need to be put in their right place but they will never accept any improvemennt BD makes.So just ignore them. They are die hard anti-Bangladesh.

Old October 24, 2003, 08:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

I was looking for it but its not there.....whoever it is ....he is dumb
Old October 24, 2003, 08:59 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

It is under the post "New Era". And then after a several replies.
Old October 24, 2003, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Is this guy Indian?

I hope our first win will come against the poms.

But I pray that our first test win by an innings come against India.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Arnab]
Old October 24, 2003, 09:43 AM
First Class Cricketer

By any chance...That wasn't AMIT. Was it?

Prohor
Old October 24, 2003, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Well here is my simplistic and paranoid BD fan analysis. There are 2 kinds of reaction from Indian fans towards BD:

1) The genuine ones who want BD to suceed and actually there are quite a few out there including people in this board. I believe they are the silent majority and should be welcomed by us with open hands.

2) The nasty ones full of duplicity. They are I suspect the legions of quiet RSS supporters who cannot see beyond differences of religion and bigotry. They love to hide behind the fave argument that BD does not deserve to play test.

The same analysis could be applied to the Pakistan fans.
Old October 24, 2003, 09:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Well said oracle. Totally agreed. And no that wasn't amit. He couldn't put those hard words together to make a meaningful sentence to save his life.
Old October 24, 2003, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I read the whole article, but it is totally empty. No truth or fact in the whole article. He is saying BD sucks, never brings up what BD did against Australia or Pakistan, tries to hide all by 23 loss and one lucky draw. He is simply trying to stay ignorent that BD is playing this good now, he thinks if he believes this team lost 23, BD will lose big to England too. It is like closing your eyes and saying "there is no spoon".

Someone needs to wake this idiot up.

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Rajputro]
Old October 24, 2003, 11:54 AM
Banned

Wake him up ? And have one x-tra idiot around ? No way sir !

Based upon my life long interaction with people from these countries, these are the reasons why we see such articles -

From the English person -

a) Still in denial over their descendancy in world affairs
b) Genuinely racist
c) Obnoxious

From the Pakistani person -

a) Some are just idiots
b) Genuine superiority complex (not necessarily racism)

From an Indian Person -

a) Inferiority complex on themselves, which is turned into sup complex to overcome their psycological deficiencies
b) Religious bigotry

From an Australian Person -

a)Sometimes racist
b)Most of the time overly competitive

From a Srilankan person -

a) Character issues (mix of everthing, but nothing strong in particular)

However, all folks not falling in the above categories from these countries are just the best.

Old October 24, 2003, 12:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default why post such rubbish?

It doesn't even deserve our attention. We have better things to do...like fry some pom bottom tomorrow.
Old October 24, 2003, 12:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

I liked the last line.
Old October 24, 2003, 01:43 PM
Banned

I agree partly with you and at the same time disagree.

Yes, to your point, we are the better human beings by ignoring such imbeciles.

But maybe its exactly that, that allows such unbridlled nonsense to strive. We as fans (the players will answer in the field) ought to grab such leeches by their collars and put them where they truly belong !