facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 9, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate
Default Tamim wants to leave it behind - Daily Star.

Quote:
Asked what the highlight of his nine-month term as vice-captain was, Tamim Iqbal gave almost the perfect answer.

"I thought the title was very nice," he said with a big smile.

After the board's decision on Monday and the subsequent reactions of the erstwhile skipper Shakib Al Hasan and new coach Stuart Law, yesterday was Tamim's turn. He could have voiced his opinion, vented his frustration or perhaps protest at the Bangladesh Cricket Board's decision to sack him and Shakib Al Hasan of their job as vice-captain and captain.

Instead, Tamim was pragmatic with a hint of lament at the handling of the matter.

"I feel normal, to be very honest. I didn't ask for the vice-captaincy and neither did I hand it back. It was totally the board's decision. I am not worried and bothered about the reason [behind the board's decision]," he said after training at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur.

Aware that voicing opinion, venting frustration and protesting a hastily taken decision would amount to nothing in Bangladesh cricket, the left-handed opener was keen to move on.

"I am the happiest man in the world as long as I'm performing and playing for Bangladesh. If I play well and the board thinks I'm the right man, it will come back again. At this moment, maybe I'm not the right man so I'm fine with it.

"If they discussed it with me at least once, it would've been better. Even then, I have no complaints," said Tamim, who could earn the praise for being an active deputy since he was handed the job.

"There isn't much work for a vice-captain on the field but off it, I have done my duty and done well," he said, clearly of his ability to gee up the team when things weren't quite rosy for the Tigers, especially after the West Indies game in the World Cup. In his only tour as a vice-captain, Tamim gathered his team for most dinners in Harare and Bulawayo and is the most social member of the team.

Despite all the bonhomie, the sacking would put a tag on Tamim that could be hard to take off. He has offered full support to whoever the new man at the helm is but the truth remains that the board's impetuous judgment has ostensibly left him in limbo as he wasn't asked to give his version of events.

The opinion among many is that the board has only completed one part of the job and would use the sacking as a cover-up for their own mistakes. But Tamim didn't want to be drawn to any further controversies. "There are lots of other issues but at this moment, we should leave all these. We better start thinking of the upcoming series and we are all concerned about Bangladesh winning games and playing well," he said
Source.

This is what I want to see, players being players because they want to rep. Bangladesh

Old September 9, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Tamim accepts BCB’s decision - New Age BD.

Eager to perform well against West Indies

Quote:
Tamim Iqbal does not hold a grudge against the Bangladesh Cricket Board for its decision to strip him of vice-captaincy and is instead determined to help the team rediscover its winning touch in the upcoming series against the West Indies.

As part of the ramifications of the disastrous tour of Zimbabwe where the Tigers lost both the one-off Test match and the five match one-day series, Sakib al Hasan and Tamim were relieved of their duties as captain and vice-captain of the side on September 6.

During the tour of Zimbabwe, Tamim in particular grabbed the media spotlight mostly for his off-the-field antics, firstly when reports of a row between him and coach Stuart Law over training emerged before he infamously labelled Zimbabwe’s Brian Vitori an ‘ordinary bowler’.

The left-hander, along with Sakib was also said to be embroiled in a dispute with the team management in Zimbabwe over the selection of Mohammad Ashraful in the Test team, something that was believed to have caused friction in the dressing-room.

Speaking to the media at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium on Friday, Tamim fully accepted the board’s decision to remove him from the post – a decision he feels the board is entitled to make, although he would have preferred to have been consulted before the announcement was made.

‘At this moment, I feel we should put these matters behind us and look forward to the upcoming series [against the West Indies]. There has been enough talk about these issues but now let’s just get away from it and look forward,’ said Tamim.

‘The inevitable has happened and there is nothing I can do about it. To be honest, I feel very normal.

‘I did not ask for the vice captaincy neither did I give it away. It’s totally the board’s decision and I respect that. I am not at all worried or bothered about the reason behind the decision as it was beyond my control,’ said Tamim.

‘However, it would have been better if they had discussed the matter with me once before making a decision but even then I don’t have any complaints,’ he added. The swashbuckling opener, who was appointed as the Tigers’ deputy skipper on December 31, 2010 for a period of one year leading up to the World Cup, though, declared that it was an honour to have served as the team’s vice-captain and harboured no regrets about losing the position while pledging his full support to whoever is appointed as the team’s new captain and vice-captain.

‘Vice captaincy is an honour and I used to like the title. I cannot say much about captaincy but the vice-captain has a great deal of responsibilities and I think I performed them well,’ said Tamim.

‘Throughout the world, the cricket boards decide on who will become the cap

tain and the vice-captain so the board knows best about who should be picked for the position. Whoever becomes the new captain and vice-captain of the side will have my full support.’

While his primary focus remains on helping the side out with his blazing stroke-making,Tamim has refused to close the door on the possibility of reclaiming the role in future, and would gladly accept it should the board identify him as being the right man for the job.

‘The only thing that I know is that I am the happiest man in the world when I am performing well for the Bangladesh team. If I keep performing well, I may again be considered for the role’ said Tamim.

‘But at this moment, I may not be the right man for the job as far as the board is concerned which I am fine with,’ he added.
http://newagebd.com/newspaper1/sports/32648.html
Old September 9, 2011, 03:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

That's the spirit ... Keep going, you have a long and colorful career ahead. Ups and downs are all different colors of life. Nice positive attitude.
Old September 9, 2011, 06:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

very positive attitude...hope and pray he will bounce back roaring..
Old September 9, 2011, 06:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Good use of the mouth this time by Tamim bhai,carry on with this spirit.
Old September 9, 2011, 07:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Pollard, Steyn

Cheleta kotha bolte pare. Maje maje aktu beshi kotha bole fele, but this time what he said is perfect.
Old September 9, 2011, 08:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

smart kid. arektu budhhi thakle eto khota dito na loke.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old September 9, 2011, 09:49 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Thats the Tamim i know
Old September 9, 2011, 10:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Old September 10, 2011, 05:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

After a long time we have seen Tamim giving a good interview.
Old September 10, 2011, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Eibar perform korar pala. Hopefully West Indies series ei sheta dekhte paabo.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 10, 2011, 05:35 AM
Administrator

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/531875.html

Quote:
I have done my duty - Tamim

ESPNcricinfo staff
September 10, 2011
Comments: 3 | Login via | Text size: A | A

Tamim Iqbal: "I'm the happiest man in the world as long as I'm performing and playing for Bangladesh." © Associated Press
Enlarge
Related Links
News : Shakib and Tamim stripped of leadership roles
Players/Officials: Shakib Al Hasan | Tamim Iqbal
Teams: Bangladesh

Tamim Iqbal has said he is not upset by the Bangladesh Cricket Board's decision to sack him as vice-captain. Playing well for the team, he said, was more important than occupying the post, though he would have preferred it if the BCB had spoken to him about the decision beforehand.
"I feel normal, to be very honest," he told the Daily Star after a training session in Mirpur. "I didn't ask for the vice-captaincy and neither did I hand it back. It [sacking him] was totally the board's decision. I am not worried about the reason [behind the decision].
"I'm the happiest man in the world as long as I'm performing and playing for Bangladesh. If I play well and the board thinks I'm the right man, it [the leadership role] will come back again. At this moment, maybe I'm not the right man, so I'm fine with it. [But] If they discussed it with me at least once, it would've been better. Even so, I have no complaints."
Tamim took over as vice-captain from Mushfiqur Rahim ahead of the 2011 World Cup and, with captain Shakib Al Hasan, was stripped of his title on September 5, in the aftermath of a dismal tour of Zimbabwe. Indiscipline was cited as one of the reasons for the pair's removal. Tamim, however, said he thought he had met the requirements of being vice-captain.
"There isn't much work for a vice-captain on the field but off it, I have done my duty and done well," he said. Now though, he said he's looking forward to moving ahead. "There are lots of other issues, but at this moment, we should leave all these alone. We better start thinking of the upcoming series. We are all concerned about Bangladesh winning games and playing well."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.
Old September 10, 2011, 06:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

Bravo Tamim! Keep going.
BCB Officials comes and goes. You and players will remain so long you perform. May Allah be with you, ameen.
Old September 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
Test Cricketer

I must admit, really didnt expect these dignified responses from both Shakib and Tamim on this whole saga, but good on them for coming out with cool heads and politically correct answers. Now we can finally move on and get on with it coz we have a lot of cricket to play in the coming days!
Old September 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Thank God he didn't say: ''I will score two centuries vs West Indies, and/or Roach is ''ordinary'' ''.
Old September 10, 2011, 08:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Thank God he didn't say: ''I will score two centuries vs West Indies, and/or Roach is ''ordinary'' ''.
Lol yeah...but who knows, he still might say such things
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old September 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
I really wouldn't even want him to say that to someone like Mudaseer Bukhari, or Trent Johnson. No cricketer is ordinary in their own right.
Old September 10, 2011, 08:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

good. finally all the bamboo during the zim series is yielding some good results(sensible comments)
Old September 10, 2011, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i agree wit TIK, time to look at WI series.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 10, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

now that's call professionalism and smartness !! pulatar upostith buddhi gyan besh prokhor hosse mone hosse..
Old September 10, 2011, 03:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
The way you put it as if it's "Haram" to say such things. So he needs permission from you and the fans on what to say or what his personality should be? The man simply can't be himself?

So be it if he talks big and fails to deliver but it PO-s me when people attempts to put these players on leash.