facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 30, 2018, 12:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Within the next 100 years, climate change is going to screw a lot of things up.

I feel bad for people who have kids and/or grandkids. Ya'll are eventually going to get f***ked.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old November 30, 2018, 10:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
why more people from Norway aren't moving to the United States.
Same reasons Americans don't move to Norway.

Many ppl always bring some examples of countries that are doing social programs better than the USA but usa is the only country that is so BIG AND RICH at the same time. Most of the highly populated countries aren't rich. This creates a big hurdle for widespread generous social programs.

Someone has to pay for it. I like to have an idealistic world view but I hate it when I see the so much taxes withdrawn from my paycheck. I should not work for someone who is sitting home getting basic income. This simply is not a concept i comprehend.

Leading a financially fulfilling life is not a right. You have to compete and work for it.
Old December 5, 2018, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

A great article!

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/12...nsable-nation/

Quote:
Poverty is an imposed oppression, the byproduct of rampant greed and the bastard child of an ever decadent capitalist class. And the way it is imposed is through food, housing and healthcare insecurity.
Quote:
“Americans, like human beings everywhere, believe many things that are obviously untrue. Their most destructive untruth is that it is very easy for any American to make money. They will not acknowledge how in fact hard money is to come by, and, therefore, those who have no money blame and blame and blame themselves. This inward blame has been a treasure for the rich and powerful, who have had to do less for their poor, publicly and privately, than any other ruling class since, say, Napoleonic times.”
– Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Slaughterhouse-Five

“I am opposing a social order in which it is possible for one man who does absolutely nothing that is useful to amass a fortune of hundreds of millions of dollars, while millions of men and women who work all the days of their lives secure barely enough for a wretched existence.”
– Eugene Debs

“The genius of our ruling class is that it has kept a majority of the people from ever questioning the inequity of a system where most people drudge along paying heavy taxes for which they get nothing in return.”
– Gore Vidal
Old December 5, 2018, 09:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

^The coin has two sides dear
Old December 8, 2018, 01:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Same reasons Americans don't move to Norway.
a) Norwegien conservatives aren't asking that question though. Americans are. Why are only sh*****le country immigrants coming to America, but not Norwegians.

b) Americans should be moving to Norway en masse, in theory. When an American gets shot by a mass shooter, he runs to the emergency room. When Americans can't afford to pay their medical bills, they complain. Norwegians don't have those problems.

c) America might be BIG or RICH, but the majority of Americans are not big nor rich. We hear that 20% of Americans control 80% of the wealth. That means 80% of Americans only control 20% of the wealth. 80% of Americans are therefore not rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Leading a financially fulfilling life is not a right. You have to compete and work for it.
No one is getting rich off welfare. You are still at a minimum 20-50x better of financially than the folks on welfare.

Most people of real wealth were born into wealth (eg Paris Hilton) or were fortunate enough to have been born in a time and place where opportunity presented itself.

Donald Trump is wealthier than 99.9999999% of the people currently alive. But he is neither smarter than the same percentage, nor more hardworking than that number either. He's mostly lucky, and then smart/shrewd/cunning/hardworking.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 8, 2018, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
c) America might be BIG or RICH, but the majority of Americans are not big nor rich. We hear that 20% of Americans control 80% of the wealth.
big AND rich. Big by population which creates some budgetary problem when you want to broaden your handouts. 20% shouldn't subsidize life of 80%.

Quote:
No one is getting rich off welfare. You are still at a minimum 20-50x better of financially than the folks on welfare.
Listen I will always choose to pay a lot more in taxes than be one who receives handouts. That is not the argument here. My point was in relation to universal basic income idea. I think we have a moral obligation to take care of the elderly and the disabled who do not have support of their own. In fact I don't think they get enough help. My problem is the idea that a 24 year old able guy can sit at home and contemplate his dream while collecting a basic income that I get taxed for. I wouldn't even lend that type of hand to my own blood brother.
I support cut in spending always over anything and I will choose any candidates who preach that.

Quote:
Most people of real wealth were born into wealth (eg Paris Hilton) or were fortunate enough to have been born in a time and place where opportunity presented itself.

Donald Trump is wealthier than 99.9999999% of the people currently alive.
Just like good looks, good physique, good genes are also luck - which family you are born into is also a matter of lottery. If you are born ugly - you don't have the right to free plastic surgery to look like a model. You learn to adapt the best way possible. Why is it that if you are born poor, you think you are automatically entitled to money from others who are better off? It's one thing if there aren't opportunities but we are talking about United states - it has all the infrastructure for you to thrive. There are also examples of billionaires that came from nothing. USA still lets in some half a million immigrants each year to fill the labor market and many of them climb the social ladder in less than a decade ....

And when we talk about poor in US we aren't really talking about destitute. Our poor is still better than many middle class in developing countries. They carry 1000 dollars iphone.

This country is full of ppl being brought up with sense of entitlement. A sense that they have the right to be taken care. I support anything that challenges that.
Old December 9, 2018, 10:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
No. I know a lot more than you and what I possess better than you is an ability to analyze and not regurgitate others ideas. There have been small scale study on basic income. It doesn't work. Even then the studies have to taken in context of many other factors. US with its 300 million + population needs cut in expenditure not expand. There are circumstances where basic income will not be enough. Some one has to pay for it.

And I also understand human behavior and the 3rd class mentality. For countries with large population, UBI is a bad idea in my opinion. It may work in smaller rich countries.

Next time don't talk out of your *** and throw dumb opinions as fact. Its an idea and it can be analyzed with data and an educated hypotheis can be made. Automation is taking away jobs but it is still at its infancy to have widespread unemployment. Other jobs will be created. It is not so black and white. You only expose what a chagol you are repeatedly making dumb assupmtions about everyone here.
a whole lot of words without any real value. Passing off your own opinions as facts with your typical antagonistic "pay attention to me" khet mentality. it's obvious from all the nonsensical interactions you have here, you can't analyze jack, just make idiotic assumptions and lack the ability to pause and think. And worst of all is you can't even convey your thoughts in a coherent manner, just type whatever comes to your head like a 5 year old dyslexic chagol.
Old December 9, 2018, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

^

ppl with handouts recipient mentality like the one above usually get angry when you tell them they don't deserve their handouts.

Blame the system for all your failures. Receiving free money sounds great when you never have to pay for it. Your pretentiousness do not hide your poor intelligence - the faster you realize that the better it is for you so you don't keep making fool of yourself.
Old December 9, 2018, 11:35 AM
Cricket Legend

^^ no chagol, im not in need of handouts. The fact that you still cant differentiate UBI with handouts is a proof enough that you have no clue wtf youre talking about.

Also, i'm not pretentious. Im not going to dumb down my vocabulary just because your still stuck on page 2 of your ESL book. read more idiot.
Old December 9, 2018, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

the same guy that thinks its hell marry questions others intelligence? gtf outta here you pathetic wannabe.
Old December 9, 2018, 12:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
im not in need of handouts. The fact that you still cant differentiate UBI with handouts
ok you are in need of Basic Income happy?

Quote:
Also, i'm not pretentious. Im not going to dumb down my vocabulary .
haha say what? Your vocabulary is not the pretentiousness. You thinking you are actually not dumb is the pretentiousness. A dumb person can not dumb down - so stop pretending.

anyways buddy stay in school - and study hard. You need to.
Old December 9, 2018, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

haha say what? Your vocabulary is not the pretentiousness. You thinking you are actually not dumb is the pretentiousness. A dumb person can not dumb down - so stop pretending.

if you ever get that fat head of yours out of your fat a$$, you might actually see how stupid this post is.
Old December 9, 2018, 12:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
you might actually see how stupid this post is.
it was tailored made specifically for you.
Old December 9, 2018, 01:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

This is why i have no respect for you idumb. Every one of your arguments always comes down to status and money. Your go to argument is to just accuse others of being poor or wanting handouts, because youve convinced yourself that your the most successful one here.

Get over yourself. My net worth is way more than you ever could ever obtain checking prostates all day. Dont kid yourself doctor.

Arguing with you on the merits of UBI when youre the idiot that thinks it means basic income happy is not fun for me. How can you have a discussion with a fathead who refuses to even see the other pov. Have some self awareness and realize why no one takes you seriously.
Old December 9, 2018, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
it was tailored made specifically for you.
whooosh. I was referring to your definition of pretentiousness. Thats not what pretentiousness means dummy.

also its tailor made, not tailored made. Try harder next time.

fyi, it's cute how you painstakingly edit others post so it feels less mean towards you. its actually quite endearing how much you care about what BC thinks of you. If only we could edit out the bad thoughts like idumb edits quotes

did I say endearing? I meant pathetic. sorry, pulled an idumb there.
Old December 9, 2018, 01:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

This is like a twitter thread...

(Carry on folks)
Old December 10, 2018, 12:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
big AND rich. Big by population which creates some budgetary problem when you want to broaden your handouts. 20% shouldn't subsidize life of 80%.
The argument of national size is weak because why doesn't Norway say "hey, we're all a smaller than the US so if we adopt their style of capitalism we could be 10x better of than we are now". If you praise the American model and cite America's size advantage, you have to concede that smaller countries ought to feel they can do even better by replicating it.

The fact remains, Norway is aware of the US system, and they are still choosing theirs, and here's the key point: they aren't lagging in any major index vis a vis the US.

Quote:
Listen I will always choose to pay a lot more in taxes than be one who receives handouts. That is not the argument here. My point was in relation to universal basic income idea. I think we have a moral obligation to take care of the elderly and the disabled who do not have support of their own. In fact I don't think they get enough help. My problem is the idea that a 24 year old able guy can sit at home and contemplate his dream while collecting a basic income that I get taxed for. I wouldn't even lend that type of hand to my own blood brother.
I support cut in spending always over anything and I will choose any candidates who preach that.
No 24 year old sitting at home is earning a minimum wage of 15 dollars an hour.

The percentage of people who would rather do nothing and subsist on welfare alone rather than work hard and earn MORE money is negligable. 99% of people aren't unemployed because they like being unemployed...they're unemployed for some reason beyond their control.

Quote:
Just like good looks, good physique, good genes are also luck - which family you are born into is also a matter of lottery. If you are born ugly - you don't have the right to free plastic surgery to look like a model. You learn to adapt the best way possible. Why is it that if you are born poor, you think you are automatically entitled to money from others who are better off? It's one thing if there aren't opportunities but we are talking about United states - it has all the infrastructure for you to thrive. There are also examples of billionaires that came from nothing. USA still lets in some half a million immigrants each year to fill the labor market and many of them climb the social ladder in less than a decade ....
If billionaires truly came form nothing, then how come everyone isn't a billionaire? Billionaires still have some degree of luck and/or assistance from being born into wealthy familes (Trump) or being fortunate enough to have lived in a time and a place where they had an opportunity to get rich. If Mark Zuckerberg was born in the projects he probably wouldn't have been able to invent fb and get rich. JK Rowling is rags to riches, but if she didn't learn how to write well, she couldn't have come up with Harry Potter and gotten rich.

Having a novel idea or ingenuity is only part of the equation. Location, timing, and circumstance are the other 90% and not controlled by any individual.

If you have a million dollars and are stuck in the middle of Antarctica, you will still freeze to death. But with a million dollars in the middle of Manhattan you might be able to achieve something. Thats location and circumstance.

Quote:
And when we talk about poor in US we aren't really talking about destitute. Our poor is still better than many middle class in developing countries. They carry 1000 dollars iphone.
Purchasing power parity man. If a NYC janiter can get a decent Dhaka apartment at Dhaka rent, he's fine. But he's got to live in the NYC metro area.

This country is full of ppl being brought up with sense of entitlement. A sense that they have the right to be taken care. I support anything that challenges that.[/QUOTE]

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 11, 2018, 07:32 AM
Cricket Legend

The neoliberal ballon is about to burst in France but the ruling class is resorting to every possible brutal measure in the book to suppress and disperse it.

Emmanuel Macron after all was publicly endorsed by neoliberal king Barack Obama.
Old December 14, 2018, 02:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Obama wasn't liberal enough. He may have been the most liberal president, but his progressivism was fettered in large part by establishment Dem centrists like Hillary, Pelosi, etc. Plus true liberals like Sanders, Beto, Ocasio Cortez are more of a post 2016 phenomenon.

Over the next several years we are going to see both the right and left move further away from the center, because political issues are increasing non-negotiable.

Bipartisanship will be something that kids read about in schools like the Salem witch trials or slavery.

But to quote Anne Hathaway from the Dark Knight Rises, "there's a storm coming, Mr Wayne".

#OneTeam1Dream