facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 28, 2007, 08:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

The problem with Nasser is he does not have any experience.........but he has a agressive cricketing mind what i like abt him and also he was a very hardworking cricekter.......so not too bad a idea....but still we should not go for a coach without any experience

Old April 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Make a note of this post. I have a dream. One day the great Ganguly will be our BD coach. I have no doubt and am fully confident. He has the right ingredients to be a world class coach and he will fit the job specs quite perfectly.

After Nasser's prolonged career now he's being considered for BD coaching job and I hope same happens to Ganguly.

Darun...Dada...Darun!
Old April 28, 2007, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
Make a note of this post. I have a dream. One day the great Ganguly will be our BD coach. I have no doubt and am fully confident. He has the right ingredients to be a world class coach and he will fit the job specs quite perfectly.

After Nasser's prolonged career now he's being considered for BD coaching job and I hope same happens to Ganguly.

Darun...Dada...Darun!
I hope ur dream never comes true dude! That wud totally suck!
Old April 28, 2007, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Naser has a Mathematics degree from Durham! Besides coaching he can help calculate accurate runs to chase in a rain curtailed match. At least Ash in future wont have to run to the umpires for that.
Old April 28, 2007, 06:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Just now in the post match session Hussain said "maybe a young guy from Bangladesh like Ashraful can be next Brian Lara".
Old April 28, 2007, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Thats it, we need to phone Nasser up, so he can lead us to the 2011 world cup finals.

Did you see how much prospect he gave for bangladesh in the post-match session, about BD's future capability of challenging Aussie's dominance.
Old April 28, 2007, 06:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

He definitely has something up his sleeve. The way he is praising Bangladesh and comparing Mo Ashraful with the greatest cricketer gives to much indication that about him being possibly approached by BCB.
Old April 28, 2007, 07:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
I hope ur dream never comes true dude! That wud totally suck!
What the heck is wrong with dada? He is a class batsman. Give him another 3 years before he retires. Give or take another 5 years before becomes the head coach of BD
Old April 28, 2007, 07:18 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
He definitely has something up his sleeve. The way he is praising Bangladesh and comparing Mo Ashraful with the greatest cricketer gives to much indication that about him being possibly approached by BCB.
You know what , watching him on sky sports today I felt the same way. He mentioned few times about our young BD tigers. I don't think it be a disaster though. Lets fish around first, ey?
Old April 28, 2007, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Well if he is praising Ashraful or other Bangladeshi players,, I think the players deserve it. Its not like he was praising any non-performers. But he does fit BCB's list.. someone not a celibrity coach, someone who would grow with BCB, someone who wont be demanding. But during the WI/Bangladesh match when Duncan Fletcher was retiring the commentator asked him whether he wanted to be the coach and he outright ruled it out. Do we know when the coach selection would be finalized? All it takes is some phone calls by that Shamim dude,,,,
Old April 29, 2007, 12:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What the heck is wrong with dada? He is a class batsman. Give him another 3 years before he retires. Give or take another 5 years before becomes the head coach of BD

And what makes you think a class batsman wud make a great coach? I dont remember Sir Don Bradman coaching! Not that I am comparing him in anyways to the great man...And I dont even wanna start talking about his 'Class Batsmanship' in any ways or numbers...Looks as if the guy is ur favourite batsman..There is no harm in that....But definitely not a Bangladesh coach in a million years...He always had something against us anyways...You need somebody our players will repect...
Old April 29, 2007, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Darun...Dada...Darun!
By the way...just curious..Are you Bangladeshi by any means?
Old April 29, 2007, 12:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
By the way...just curious..Are you Bangladeshi by any means?
Doesn't matter bro, does it? He can be a Ganguly fan even though he's a Bangali. Can't he?
Old April 29, 2007, 02:38 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Naser has a Mathematics degree from Durham! Besides coaching he can help calculate accurate runs to chase in a rain curtailed match. At least Ash in future wont have to run to the umpires for that.
he never could when he played :p

i think Bangladesh could do better then nasser
Old April 29, 2007, 07:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Mate, I've got one word for you: MONEY!
Are you suggesting that the only problem hiring three coachs is money? Trust me, money's no problem for BCB. Whether hiring three coachs is a good idea or not is a different argument.
Old April 29, 2007, 11:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

I want STEVE WAUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH @!@!!!
Old April 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
And what makes you think a class batsman wud make a great coach? I dont remember Sir Don Bradman coaching! Not that I am comparing him in anyways to the great man...And I dont even wanna start talking about his 'Class Batsmanship' in any ways or numbers...Looks as if the guy is ur favourite batsman..There is no harm in that....But definitely not a Bangladesh coach in a million years...He always had something against us anyways...You need somebody our players will repect...
All great coaches were great players once upon a time. Atleast thats what I believe. BD is looking for some high profile coach, a coach who had a great career whether he was a bastman or bowler or else he wouldn't make it to the shortlist.

I didn't know Ganguly always had something against us. I haven't followed cricket since 1999 WC. So it's been a while. I can only imagine sledging in the field. 8/10 years later no one can hold it against him just because he said something to BD players few years back. And by then those BD players will have no recollection of Dada's attitude on the field against BD. Forgiven and forgotten.

I think it's a common attitude of our people in south east asia to respect others who is not of your own kind. Anyone with white skin or black skin...our players will respect. I think thats what you are suggesting. Thats BS.

Yes I am a Bangladeshi and a proud tiger.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
All great coaches were great players once upon a time. Atleast thats what I believe.
Mate!! you are horribly wrong.

Please check the profile of John Buchanon, the most successful coach ever and possibly the greatest.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Mate!! you are horribly wrong.

Please check the profile of John Buchanon, the most successful coach ever and possibly the greatest.
what about dav whatmore. he wasn't great player either.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
what about dav whatmore. he wasn't great player either.
At least he played test and one-day for Australia.

Dav scored 6116 runs in first class cricket averaging near 34

Buchanan in his entire career played 7 first class matches averaging 12.30 (he was a batsman).
Old April 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
At least he played test and one-day for Australia.

Dav scored 6116 runs in first class cricket averaging near 34

Buchanan in his entire career played 7 first class matches averaging 12.30 (he was a batsman).
what was his day job before he took over coaching job
Old April 29, 2007, 12:22 PM
ODI Cricketer

Well they were great players in their era. You are comparing them with the modern era . I may be wrong but what about Johnty Rodes of SA? He is the fielding coach. Why did they appoint him for? May be because he was good at hockey.
Old April 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovik
what was his day job before he took over coaching job
A teacher.

From cricinfo,
Quote:
A teacher by trade, and a one-time university lecturer, his first-class career never progressed beyond seven Sheffield Shield appearances for Queensland in 1978-79;
Old April 29, 2007, 12:26 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

i'm not sure how Nasser would be as a coach. i think bangladesh should still look around...but i do love the guy---he praised the tigers so much...it would be nice to have a coach who likes and cares about the team...

Last edited by cricketlvr; April 29, 2007 at 12:32 PM..
Old April 29, 2007, 12:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Well they were great players in their era. You are comparing them with the modern era . I may be wrong but what about Johnty Rodes of SA? He is the fielding coach. Why did they appoint him for? May be because he was good at hockey.
no, because he was a great fielder. but its not always that the great players would make great coach.

coaching is not about tell the players what to do. its about managing a team too. Bob woolmer was a decent cricketer but not great. but he was the best if coaching was concern.