facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 4, 2007, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
but we don't know that. no one knows that. rafique's international career wasn't looking all that great even a few years ago and look where he is today.

bashar, too, used to be worse than nannu/akram/selim shahed/khaled mahmud, and he turned out to be our best test batsman ever (well he probably still is - we haven't played tests in a while, so it's hard to say).
Yeah I understand what you are saying. Based on current performance I do not see Kapali warranting a place and based on current and past performances I was predicting that Kapali should be out of the team for good. However if he performs obviously his inclusion would be justified and no one would be able to predict the future with certainty.You are right on that count. My prediction was based on past and present trends, mostly past I would say and probably a bit of personal dislike of Kapali for hogging a spot in the team day in day out without performing anything.

Old May 4, 2007, 01:32 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bulbul ( past), Ash, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot fan
read article in paper today saying that the four players outside the test sqwuad that would be in contention for the test 11 are

nafis iqbal
pilot
kapali
tusher

so no el haque which is very surpirising to me

faruq is really pathetic. he didinot take anam??????
Old May 4, 2007, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Here is my lineup:

Shahriar Nafees (I know he is going through bad patches but lets see if test matches help him out)
Javed Omar (I wouldn't put Tamim in just yet. Nafis needs to prove his form first. Golla is there because we don't have anyone better. I wouldn't pick Mehrab as an opener)
Habibul Bashar (He is still one of the best in test matches)
Mohammad Ashraful (Automatic choice)
Sakib Al Hasan (First test but automatic choice)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Got the techniques and temperament to do it. He will be amazing. Trust me)
Khaled Masud (Still our number one keeper and a must in test matches)
Mashrafee Mortaza (automatic choice)
Mohammad Rafique (automatic choice)
Enamul Haque jr (Welcome back. Lets see what he can do. He needs to do well since Razzak is pushing for his spot)
Shahadat Hussain (A tight fight between him and Rasel but aggression and pace wins it for him)

12th: Rajin Saleh/Mehrab jr
i also agree wid u...but i want rajin saleh also......he is good for test matches!!
Old May 4, 2007, 02:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Here is my lineup:

Shahriar Nafees (I know he is going through bad patches but lets see if test matches help him out)
Javed Omar (I wouldn't put Tamim in just yet. Nafis needs to prove his form first. Golla is there because we don't have anyone better. I wouldn't pick Mehrab as an opener)
Mushfiqur Rahim (Got the techniques and temperament to do it. He will be amazing. Trust me)
Enamul Haque jr (Welcome back. Lets see what he can do. He needs to do well since Razzak is pushing for his spot)
Shahadat Hussain (A tight fight between him and Rasel but aggression and pace wins it for him)

k.masud can b 12th man!!!
Old May 4, 2007, 02:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Iqbal
JO
Rajin
SN (VC)
Ash (C)
Sakib
Mushfiq
Mash
Rafiq
Enam Jr.
Shahadat

12th man Habibul Bashar.

If Nafis Iqbal is not ready yet then Mehrab Jr. comes in. HB remains as the 12th man.

did u come from pabna???? hablu is the best bd batsman in test!!!! go to pabna .soon...
Old May 4, 2007, 02:39 AM
Club Cricketer

Can anybody please send the link to the article? Is this a fact or just wishful thinking by Pilot_Fan?
Old May 4, 2007, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
I think neither of Pilot or Kapali should be in either the test or ODI team. Why would we want to go backwards is beyond me. We have so many younger players coming along who are much better than these two. We should persist with the same team that played in teh WC for both test and ODI and only replace any players with newer players who are coming of age not the older fagheads.
sunen bai Kapali ekhono young pula ebong o ekhono amader desher cricket team er ekjon sompod hishabe cricket board gonno kore. kapali onek valo palyer goroa lige valo korche. Bhuila gechen pak er birudhe or balling hatrick. o onek chance paiche tik so do others in current team. or avarage ekhono onek valo current team er onek palyerder cheye. amader deshe ekhono emon playerra ute ashenai je chailei jare tare doira dukanu jay. Kapali onekdin break paiche somoyer sathe experience hoiche jeta amder khub dorkar. Dekhenna Aus team e sob bura gula khele, oder sobaike onek experimenter por team e neya hoy,

so Kapali has to come back there is no question about it, and I bet you he is the batsman anyone love to see his bating, not the javed omar. He got the most straight bat bating style then any other bangldeshi batsman. He deserve to have chance and we need to rotate players like him who has to get the form in sake of our future.
Old May 4, 2007, 03:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Here is my lineup:

Count my vote for it, too.
In the future, I wish Aftab can make the cut in the middle order, with Mushfiq opening. We have another opener option in Mehrab. Tamim has to change the Afridi attitude. But he is a future prospect for sure. Nafees must improve his foot movement, if he is going to be successful against quality opponents.
Old May 4, 2007, 04:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shahriar Nafees

Ive read the article too.. they were in the practice session because they are contracted.
I dont think anyone from these 4 are getting a chance apart from Khaled Mashud..who has a BIG possibility in the test team.
Old May 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

My fourteen would be:

Shahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful
Sakib Al Hasan
Tushar Imran
Mushfiqur Rahim
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammed Rafique
Enamul Haq Jr.
Shahadat Hossain

12. Raqibul Hasan
13. Syed Rasel
14. Alok Kapali
Old May 4, 2007, 11:56 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

This is what the article said

The 14-member one-day team trained in two sessions in groups at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur with four other cricketers -- Khaled Mashud, Tushar Imran, Alok Kapali and Nafis Iqbal -- joining the weeklong camp.

Considering India's strength in spin, Bangladesh drafted in Kapali to practise leg-break bowling for the nets. It seemed that the four cricketers who joined the one-day team, were actually called to tune up for the Test series
Old May 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Obviously some of us are mistaking an ODI team with a test team. If the context is test team which means 5 day matches, not 3.5 days,,, then you dont go backwards when you call your experienced players. You go backwards when you bring new 18-20 years players in a TEST team. We are not Zimbabwe that we dont have first class match experienced players to fill the test squad. Having the temperment to weather out 50 overs versus 180 overs is not the same... There is no winning test squad in the world that has an average age below 25 and there is a reason for that. Without experience and the mental strength that you can draw from previous experiences, chances are most of the young players will play wild shots in their second innings, the very concept of playing by the 'session' than the 'days' is not even there.

Bottomline: If you see players like Kapali/Tusher/Pilot back in place of Mushfiq/Sakib/Raj in the test squad, it shouldnt surprise any... after all, the selectors are not that stupid to go with experiments and give a chance to humilate Bangladesh by the Indians to wrap up the match in 2 days.
Old May 4, 2007, 12:31 PM
Banned

Shahriar Nafees/Tamim Iqbal/Nafis Iqbal
Javed Omar/Nafis Iqbal
(If Tamim does well in ODI series, why not even bring someone attacking in opening slot. Out of all the openers, only Nafis Iqbal has right technique. Golla/SN are at sea when the new ball is moving, just like playing and missing. If you have bad technique, then what you do? Keep on hitting in test like SN and Golla in test. Golla always play like ODI in test, do you know why? cause he wnats to quickly score some run so that he can get the next chance)
Habibul Bashar
Rajin Saleh (Although I do not like him much in ODI, but his place should be secured based on his latest test performance. When most of the players were finding difficult to read aussi (player apart from bashar and ashraful) bowler specially warne & mcChil, he was always comfortable to go behind the line of ball)
Mohammad Ashraful
Sakib Al Hasan (how can we drop this brave man)
Mushfiqur Rahim/Pilot (If Mushfiq plays really well in ODI, we should keep him in an endeaver to draw at least one test)
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammed Rafique
Sayed Rasel (If you remember in the absence of Mashrafee, Rasel/Rajiv bowled really well against SL, even though Rasel looks innocuous but he always gets wicket in time due to his tight line)
Shahadat Hossain

(Most of the fast bowlers are young, we should keep good back up for them so that if any one fails we still have another pace bowler to keep pace from both end. Its test bowling we should keep attcking with pace when the team in india)
Old May 4, 2007, 12:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie
Shahriar Nafees/Tamim Iqbal/Nafis Iqbal
Javed Omar/Nafis Iqbal
(If Tamim does well in ODI series, why not even bring someone attacking in opening slot. Out of all the openers, only Nafis Iqbal has right technique. Golla/SN are at sea when the new ball is moving, just like playing and missing. If you have bad technique, then what you do? Keep on hitting in test like SN and Golla in test. Golla always play like ODI in test, do you know why? cause he wnats to quickly score some run so that he can get the next chance)
Habibul Bashar
Rajin Saleh (Although I do not like him much in ODI, but his place should be secured based on his latest test performance. When most of the players were finding difficult to read aussi (player apart from bashar and ashraful) bowler specially warne & mcChil, he was always comfortable to go behind the line of ball)
Mohammad Ashraful
Sakib Al Hasan (how can we drop this brave man)
Mushfiqur Rahim/Pilot (If Mushfiq plays really well in ODI, we should keep him in an endeaver to draw at least one test)
Mashrafee Mortaza
Mohammed Rafique
Sayed Rasel (If you remember in the absence of Mashrafee, Rasel/Rajiv bowled really well against SL, even though Rasel looks innocuous but he always gets wicket in time due to his tight line)
Shahadat Hossain

(Most of the fast bowlers are young, we should keep good back up for them so that if any one fails we still have another pace bowler to keep pace from both end. Its test bowling we should keep attcking with pace when the team in india)
You lost me when you picked Tamim. This test not an 20/20
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old May 4, 2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulbul_fan
faruq is really pathetic. he didinot take anam??????

What's wrong with Faruq now? ...it's just a news with no validity! Tel me whom you are working for as an sales agent?
Old May 4, 2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Here is my lineup:

Mehrab Jr. (I wouldn't put Tamim in just yet. Nafis needs to prove his form first.

12th: JO/RS
Sadi bhai...I just made one placement in your post! I am a fan of Rusel though!!!
Old May 4, 2007, 03:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

No I am not from Pabna. I have reasons and will try to explain.

(Kabir bhaia tumi koi? Not Akabir77 bhai)

1) Does Bashar change his approach in batting when he is playing the longer version of the game or the shorter version of the game? For what I have seen the answer is "no". He gets out the most predictable shots and runouts.

2) I understand he is/was the best test batsman (stat wise). But when a person's form is off, no matter what type of game he is playing at the international stage, expecting to perform like the glory days is a little too far fetched. (If someone is going to debate on this point please know how many consecutive decent innings (50+) he played in the last one year? Domestic or International)

3) I want Bd team's success. I care very little on individual performances specially what was done in the past. My selection process is to choose the best possible team which can have an advantage over the opponents and would be best for the environment they are playing. So current form is very important to me. Not stats of two years old.

4) Age is big factor. He can't run between the wickets. There were 8 WC matches that most of us saw. Which match he was sharp? I didn't criticize him cause I had a pledge for that tour. Current form is so important for international outing. Rajin or anyone would have a bigger impact than him (batting, bowling or fielding). The team would benefit if he sits as the 12th man. Carrying water would give him some well needed exercise.

The only way, I would take Bashar in the team is if KMashud is in the playing 11 (in my playing 11 he is not). The baggage KMashud brings (bad influences) can be negated or minimized by Bashar's presence. I am sure Ash can't handle KMashud.
Old May 4, 2007, 03:17 PM

[quote=Tigers_eye;440481]
I am sure Ash can't handle KMashud.[/quote]

...me too!
Old May 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: all, esp mushfiq n sakib

aaaaaa, mush is better, he should b dere!
Old May 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: all, esp mushfiq n sakib

in d news dey showed mush batting..
Old May 4, 2007, 04:20 PM
Test Cricketer

i dont understand how people are picking enamul over razzak. razzak is in the form of his life and nowhere is it written that he wont be able to perform similarly in a test match. i'll definitely pick him over enamul anyday.

my team

J Omar
S Nafees
H Bashar(c)
S Hasan
M Ashrafaul
Mehrab Hossain (i think he'll perform better in middle order than as opener)
M Rahim (wk)
M Mortaza
M Rafiq
A Razzaq
S Hossain
Old May 6, 2007, 06:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Here's my dream test team against India. Unfortunately, Hablu's still around.

1. Nafis Iqbal
2. Shahriar Nafees
3. Mushfiqur Rahim
4. Sakib Al-Hassan - Vice Captain
5. Md. Ashraful - Captain
6. Alok Kapali
7. Mashrafe Bin-Murtaza
8. Md. Rafiq
9. Enamul Haque
10. Syed Rasel
11. Shahadat Hossein

Reserves: Rajin Saleh, Tapash Baisya, Dollar Mahmud, Nadif Chaudhury, Dhiman Ghosh (Extra WK)

Last edited by Sohel; May 6, 2007 at 10:14 AM..
Old May 6, 2007, 06:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote: Mehrab Hossain (i think he'll perform better in middle order than as opener)

dude, next time you're in dhaka, watch him play if you have that kind of time to waste. he's worse than hannan sarkar. statistics from our mediocre leagues, and wishful thinking never match up to the actual ability these guys (mehrab, farhad reza) don't have the talent to deliver anyway, while talented guys like dhiman ghosh continue to get the shaft. it's all about who you know. thankfully, the momentum of positive national change will catch up to BCB before they know it.

Last edited by Sohel; May 6, 2007 at 06:56 AM..