facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 30, 2003, 12:40 AM
Retired BC Admin

Default Please Leave Me Alone, I Wanna Cry

With Me? Please Sign Your Name.

Signed
chinaman

Old August 30, 2003, 01:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Chinaman:

Suffice to say that we feel your pain. Personally I don't subscribe to the new age psychobable of boys 'having a good cry' and 'getting in touch with their feelings'... I'm just kidding! I know you meant it rhetorically.

But look at it this way, the BD team has improved by leaps and bounds. Imran Khan has been suprisingly quiet has he not? The likes of Aliul, Mohsin and Trevor have been exposed for the charlatans they were have they not? The BD team has been competitive have they not? And I know, that begrudginly or not, you will agree with me that we are proud of this team's efforts so far!
Old August 30, 2003, 01:42 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

already crying inside..........
Old August 30, 2003, 03:33 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Back to old habits, eh?

Well we're back to old habits - which leaves me no regret which is, I am not watching the match on tv.
Old August 30, 2003, 06:57 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. For a team who had some fans going 'we're going to do die. we're going to die' even after an innings lead, it's only natural that the players prove them right.

Now you guys can go slap yourself in the back and preach more doom for the team, after all, you seem to celebrate every wicket, every fumble as if it were a personal victory.

As for me, dissapointed ? yes, but only with the second innings.

The Pakistanis turned around pretty quickly with the reverse swings, haven't they ? Ummmm, anybody had a chance to look at the seam of the ball ? In fact, they do have prior history of .......
Old August 30, 2003, 12:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Stop crying...

and toughen up! When the going was good for BD some members on this board were on ecstacy. You are quick to forget the performances from the past where the volitility of the batting has been exposed consistantly. I didn't watch the game but I have a feeling it was BD's own batsmen rather than Shoaib's bowling that did them in.

There has been all this talk of how the team under the new coach has improved by "leaps and bounds" but this test has just proved once again that when it comes to BD team old habits die hard. Complacency in both the players (and the fans) need to stop. BD might have two hatricks and an innings lead of more than 100 but that does not guarantee a win or a draw. And Kapali's bowling figures in the PAK's second innings goes to show both his inablity to contain the top order and the hat trick was a complete fluke!

BD can improve all they want but history will judge them by a draw or a win. Under Whatmore BD have only begun to know how to play in tests. I am deeply disappointed as well but, as much as a crazed supporter everyone (including me) is on this board, recognize the limitations of the team and take the good and the bad from the game. If anything it reaffirms the fact that the elusive win is just up the road ahead.
Old August 30, 2003, 01:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

Yes,
Bangladesh has shown improvements.
But the 2nd innings was really immatured like before. No one tries to stay there for long (except KAPALI/RAJIN).
In fact we love to play strokes because those give us runs with greater ease that's why we collapse quickly.
Anyway I am looking for the brightest future of Bangladesh.
Whatmore should prepare them for the battle. We have shut the bigMouths (Imran,Hooks) and that's it.
Remember when Whatmore took charge from there we faught back to a place like this with him and Inshallah we will conquere.
Thank You
Shafi
Old August 30, 2003, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I know it hurts, but cricket is not about winning or losing. It is a gentleman's game where performence is the key.

BD played good, not just good, simply awesome. One bad innings surely undid all the good, but Kapali's hattrick will never be erased. Or Hannan's century gave us such hope for future, nothing will erase that.

Frankly, I dont care if we lost next 20 tests if we take lead on first innings everytime. If we continue to play like we did and keep the performence improving, win is bound to happen.

Have patience.
Old August 30, 2003, 03:28 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Get a grip!

If test cricket allowed for one innings each then we would have won the test My point is we won first half of the test but then lost the second half, because we still have issues to sort out. A simple way to look at the defeat is that our own flaws led to our defeat and we have to work on them. At least nothing is getting swept under the rug. This is a chance to refine our game. We are still learning, and as long as we are improving (which we so obviously are) we should live the frustration that comes along with it.