facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 20, 2014, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Hey guys I think you guys are over reacting to the loss. I have few points to make

1. HK is not as bad a team as many of you are taking them. Remember they qualified for T20 WC and then in WCQ finished in Top 4 getting ODI status till 2018. Only 6 teams have ODI status- Ire, Afg, UAE, Scot, HK & PNG
2. They finished ahead of teams like Can, Ken, Neth in the tournaments
3. They are not a expat side. You might see South Asian names but infact majority of the players in the team have played U15, U19 for HK, hence the cricketers have learned the game in HK itself
4. They are 1 of the 2 Associates which have Multi Day cricket in their domestic tournament
5. They have decent facilities in HK- Remember HK sixes, they always have a HK team and these players play against the best players in that tournament
6. Last, I know many of you will pounce on me for that, BD are better than Associates but not so better that they will win 10 out of 10 times. Against Afg, Ire will would say 7 out 10 times, against others 9 out of 10 times. So you have to give the team this much liberty

Most of the year BD have an empty calender. I hope BCB starts to invite the Associate teams for ODI and Four Day matches. This will help team to experiment a lot, and get it's bench ready when facing the so called Big 8. That is all I have to say. Don't kill me for that
We are not interested to discuss about how good HK team is. We are discussing about how bad we are!!!

MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Do they even care?
Of course not.. PM and other sponsors have lined up Lacs, sedans and flats for the players as they qualified for the next round!
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashan83
Hey guys I think you guys are over reacting to the loss. I have few points to make

1. HK is not as bad a team as many of you are taking them. Remember they qualified for T20 WC and then in WCQ finished in Top 4 getting ODI status till 2018. Only 6 teams have ODI status- Ire, Afg, UAE, Scot, HK & PNG
2. They finished ahead of teams like Can, Ken, Neth in the tournaments
3. They are not a expat side. You might see South Asian names but infact majority of the players in the team have played U15, U19 for HK, hence the cricketers have learned the game in HK itself
4. They are 1 of the 2 Associates which have Multi Day cricket in their domestic tournament
5. They have decent facilities in HK- Remember HK sixes, they always have a HK team and these players play against the best players in that tournament
6. Last, I know many of you will pounce on me for that, BD are better than Associates but not so better that they will win 10 out of 10 times. Against Afg, Ire will would say 7 out 10 times, against others 9 out of 10 times. So you have to give the team this much liberty

Most of the year BD have an empty calender. I hope BCB starts to invite the Associate teams for ODI and Four Day matches. This will help team to experiment a lot, and get it's bench ready when facing the so called Big 8. That is all I have to say. Don't kill me for that
I hope you are joking about this. No matter what please dont up excuses and have some pride. We shouldnt have lost to a team like that. What kind of batting was that? It wasnt to their credit at all. And please be indignant after losing to a team like that. Here in Australia all the officers around me are having a good laugh. Its so embarrassing, they are all talking about it over the radio. Its all so bloody embarrassing.
Old March 20, 2014, 01:07 PM
Test Cricketer

If our players had balls and brain, they should come out and resign! I am talking about the captain and the vice captain.

And we get pissed when AFG player talks junk!
Old March 20, 2014, 01:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

am I the only one who is not too hurt with this loss because of the joy of qualifying for the next round?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 20, 2014, 01:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Something needs to happen sooner than later. Now it went past blaming the individual player or captaim. To this point:

1. The coach need to take responsibility.
2. The selectors should need to take responsibility.
3. BCB executives should need to take responsibility.

Too many thinks happenin including continuously choosing wrong players, roles are not well defined and they are not accountable, punishments are not transparent, captaincy issues are not resolved.

At this point, Coach, Selectors, and BCB executives should start taking the heat.
Agree 100%
Old March 20, 2014, 01:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
am I the only one who is not too hurt with this loss because of the joy of qualifying for the next round?

Shetai to mone hocche !
Old March 20, 2014, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Yes the batting sucked. However we could still win this. And the reason we didnt do so lies entirely on Mushy. I love him as a batsman, a fielder and a keeper. However,I dont know who should be the captain but Mushi should not remain the captain. He pissed me off so much after this match. Has no brains whatsoever.

Why keep bowling his useless fast bowlers? Especially why bowl Reza and release the pressure? Why bowl an injured RUbel? Why keep making the useless Al-Amin field in fine-leg? Why do they keep smiling like idiots just because they qualified despite losing so badly against a team like Hong Kong? Even a team like Hong Kong has better fast-bowlers than us(they didnt bowl cross-seam unlike Al-Amin who couldnt control his swing)? Afghanistan fast bowlers are also way better. God so pissed at the moment. We will be slaughtered in the next round.

And even a neanderthal should know the quality of our fast bowlers, then why not use Nasir, Shabbir when you can see the Honk Kong batsmen struggle against spin?

Oh and one more thing, please for the love of god drop Razzak. His time is long past. Bring in Tajiul or A,B,C,Detc or use Mominul instead of him. **** our team-management is filled with brain-dead people and our team is filled with players who get satisfied too easily.
You can't even remotely place the blame on captaincy here. And I'm a Shak fanatic but when he used to be captain there used to be a LOT of whining about his captaincy, tacticswise too. Not all of them unfair, but just to keep things in perspective.

You lost this because of shitty batting. There are some weird tactics Mushy constantly keep employing, but that aside he's okay. And I don't know why he hadn't bowled spinners enough, so speculation would be useless I guess. Probably he was worried about leaking runs - Sabbir is still technically a part timer and Nasir's bowling has crashed down a lot. But I still agree that he should've given them a go.
Old March 20, 2014, 01:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Apology will not cure this defeat.
Old March 20, 2014, 01:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I agree with Fazal totally that BCB and selectors and to a good extent even the coach should be the ones taking the blame.
Old March 20, 2014, 01:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
Apology will not cure this defeat.
Indeed

I don't want any apology. All I want is too some match-winning performance by Bangladesh in the next stage.
Old March 20, 2014, 02:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:

haha for some reason i feel the same way. i was just very nervous about 13.2 overs. but after that i am like whatever if we win or lose. even though it matters a lot because losing to associates such as HK is never acceptable.

but on the other hand, i am glad that we lost because if we would have won, then razzak/reza would definitely play in super 10. at least they will be out now and the rest will play with high intensity (like 1st game against afg)
Old March 20, 2014, 02:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Mamu emne caption lekha bondho hoise..aeibar jodi apnar mon ato bhalo thake aru kisu caption chai...amader player gula, BCB, selector der bhalo caption dewa uchit..eder kono lojja nai
Old March 20, 2014, 02:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
haha for some reason i feel the same way. i was just very nervous about 13.2 overs. but after that i am like whatever if we win or lose. even though it matters a lot because losing to associates such as HK is never acceptable.

but on the other hand, i am glad that we lost because if we would have won, then razzak/reza would definitely play in super 10. at least they will be out now and the rest will play with high intensity (like 1st game against afg)
Mufi you just clearly showed how we think (no pun intended ..you know how much I appreciate you)

When our players saw that message in billboard that BD qualified they were happy and didn't mind losing...if you closely look at the videos or their body language they didnt look that hungry anymore...so they go by emotions and not professional like big boys at all...this is a mentality lots of our players show this batch or previous batch...even lots of us do the same..we are ayeshi probably the moglai food made us like this...

I don't think your wish for removing dead weights will work...over there we also show amazing intelligence of selection process...

We are bound to see this type of shocks more often..I don't have to wait till I get really old to get heart problems
Old March 20, 2014, 02:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Q1. Why reza, Razzak, rubel and al amin tried to hit a ball when they needed to play 20 overs
Q2. Why bring reza when you see the lower order can't play spin.
Q3. I think their attitude was again oh HK we will make 500 that's so sad...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 20, 2014, 02:17 PM
Cricket Guru

We need to do holland and get zea and sunny in. Can we have a scan of Reza and Razzak... it could be BF scan... (BF= bad form)
Old March 20, 2014, 02:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
Mufi you just clearly showed how we think (no pun intended ..you know how much I appreciate you)

When our players saw that message in billboard that BD qualified they were happy and didn't mind losing...if you closely look at the videos or their body language they didnt look that hungry anymore...so they go by emotions and not professional like big boys at all...this is a mentality lots of our players show this batch or previous batch...even lots of us do the same..we are ayeshi probably the moglai food made us like this...

I don't think your wish for removing dead weights will work...over there we also show amazing intelligence of selection process...

We are bound to see this type of shocks more often..I don't have to wait till I get really old to get heart problems
I know you appreciate me very much and I appreciate you too

The fans and the players, we are all bangali after all. It's in our nature to be so ayeshi. I wanted them to go through because it means 4 more matches against 4 big teams. Win or lose, each BD match keeps me excited.

But I think Shakib was serious throughout the match. You can tell from his bowling and the way he appealed and fielded. And I think the selectors will wake up now and drop Razzak/Reza.

Thing is you see, we need a kick in the rear all the time. If we won all 3 matches, taile mone korto dhur kono bepar i nah super 10. Ekhon HK er shathe harsi so kichu ta hoileo ekta hunger kaj korbe. That's why we scored 320+ against Pak after losing to AFG.

I am just trying to find some solace in this loss. The situation is totally horrendous but at least trying to pretend that it aint so bad. We hope and so we live. Shopno dekhi, asha badhi, ar tai to beche roi...philosophical chinta bhabna.
Old March 20, 2014, 02:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

^^There's no one, repeat, there is no one who has BIG B^LL$ to drop Razzak from the team. Repeat no one! At least that's what past history of BD cricket taught us.

No idea, what was wrong with Ziaur since Asia cup. What good Farhad Reza did in recent (and his entire career) history to BEG him to be in the team? I can see why someone would not like Ziaur, but why Farhad in place?

Why were Shamsur and Mominul sitting in all three games? What disservice have those two done in recent past? Especially when you compare the inclusion of Riad, Razzak, Farhad, Shabbir in all 3 games!

Looks like it was a competition to become who is champion retard,

Mushfiq naki Faruk?
Faruk naki BCB management who employed him as chielf selector?
Razzak naki Farhad?
Shabbir naki Mu'allah?
All other fans vs me?

What a competition! Hope the best retard prevails.
Old March 20, 2014, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

I saw a tv news thing where ataher, Faruk and a journalist came to the show. and some one asked faruk why zea was not in the team.
This was his answer (some what in this line).
1. to him zea and reza r same 19/20
2. they were looking for pace bowler allrounder, zea is a batting pace bowler allrounder!
3. zea bats better reza bowls better but at number 8 we don't need a better batter we need a bowler who can bat
4. when the team was declared zea's form was bad where as reza was doing supperve in domestic.
5. After the team declaration zea started doing well hence they got him in the SL series (not sure why reza couldn't get in!!!)
6. All the above logic goes out the windo when they talk about sunny and razzak... razzak's experience is next to saqlain (i made it up they didn't say it). thats why they don't need saqlaine anymore as coach as razzak will be coaching: how to ball 2 bad ball in a over...
Old March 20, 2014, 03:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Mushfiq confirmed he does not have much of a sense of shame:

লজ্জার এই হার থেকেও কিছু প্রাপ্তি খুঁজেছেন বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক, ‘এই হার আমাদের জন্য সতর্কসংকেত তো অবশ্যই। তবে এর ভালো দিকও থাকতে পারে। দ্বিতীয় পর্বে চারটি দলই অনেক শক্তিশালী। এর আগে আমাদের সবাই ব্যাটিংয়ের সুযোগ পায়নি। ওপরের দিকের তিন-চারজন খেলা শেষ করে ফেলেছে। আজ (গতকাল) সবারই একটু প্র্যাকটিস হলো। আমি তাই মনে করি খুব একটা খারাপও হয়নি। সবাই বুঝতে পারবে আরও কঠোর পরিশ্রম করতে হবে।’

পরাজয়েও প্রাপ্তি আছে!
Old March 20, 2014, 04:03 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Responsibility and accountability at BCB? Are you kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Something needs to happen sooner than later. Now it went past blaming the individual player or captaim. To this point:

1. The coach need to take responsibility.
2. The selectors should need to take responsibility.
3. BCB executives should need to take responsibility.

Too many thinks happenin including continuously choosing wrong players, roles are not well defined and they are not accountable, punishments are not transparent, captaincy issues are not resolved.

At this point, Coach, Selectors, and BCB executives should start taking the heat.
Old March 20, 2014, 04:08 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

If these are not reason enough to be fired, I don't know what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
I saw a tv news thing where ataher, Faruk and a journalist came to the show. and some one asked faruk why zea was not in the team.
This was his answer (some what in this line).
1. to him zea and reza r same 19/20
2. they were looking for pace bowler allrounder, zea is a batting pace bowler allrounder!
3. zea bats better reza bowls better but at number 8 we don't need a better batter we need a bowler who can bat
4. when the team was declared zea's form was bad where as reza was doing supperve in domestic.
5. After the team declaration zea started doing well hence they got him in the SL series (not sure why reza couldn't get in!!!)
6. All the above logic goes out the windo when they talk about sunny and razzak... razzak's experience is next to saqlain (i made it up they didn't say it). thats why they don't need saqlaine anymore as coach as razzak will be coaching: how to ball 2 bad ball in a over...
Old March 20, 2014, 04:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

its those martian races, that someone was talking about. we're not able to win against such players.
Old March 20, 2014, 08:43 PM
Cricket Legend

No - public apology needed for Nepal win going to their heads.
That's what irks me to no end! Ignorant arrogance carried onto the next game!
BS.

Flaunt em - if you got em - well you aint got em.
Old March 20, 2014, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Okay. Mushy has a lot of positives but he can't put pressure and seems to always have questionable bowling picks. I'll give you that he can only work with what he is given and Reza is not his responsibility.

Well,
Selectors select 15 men squad...and captain (Mushy), coach choose the playing squad..

Mushy is 100% responsible in today's case.

> Why he gave Reza to bowl the 2nd over when he saw that Hong Kong players are playing our pacer well..?

> Why Mushy did not use Shabbir and Nasir when spinners were doing great?

> Why Mushy picked up Reza over Mominul?

> Why Mushy backed Razzak to be in the WC squad when Arafat was a better choice in the first place (knowing Razzak's current below par form)

> Why Zia is not in the WC squad? Mushy never complained about T20WC squad, thus, my guess is he does NOT like Zia (proof: even when Zia is in the squad, he does not use him as a bowler much)

Anyway, I am ok with everything if Mushy is being honest, work harder, use his brain in the second round while field setting, using bowlers and selecting the playing squad.