facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2006, 12:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
worst than that. Atleast moneky goes up 1 inches each time and slides two inches backwards, the way we played it's like going 1 inch forward and slide down 100 inches backward. These batsmen and some bowlers are worst than monkeys. They can't even bat in this track where aussies can bat. Excuse will be dead pitch. What the heck if aussies can bat for 22 overs and get the total 124, being totoally foreigner how can you guys can't play in your own field. Instead of cricketer we should send them to village to do agriculture stuff and get familiar with the "ground". What an excuse of the field and ground.
remember how many times Pakistan and India got out within that score range against Aus?

Old April 29, 2006, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhferdaus
remember how many times Pakistan and India got out within that score range against Aus?
Australia v Pakistan: Totals less than 150 for Pakistan
108 Nairobi (Gym) 2002
117 Nairobi (Gym) 2002
132 Lord's 1999
140 Adelaide 1983/84
149 Hobart 1996/97

None of above are in recent days.
Also PAK scored 13 times 250+ against with a highest of 315.

Australia v India: Totals less than 150 for India
58 Brisbane 1947/48
67 Melbourne 1947/48
98 Brisbane 1947/48
104 Mumbai 2004/05
110 Adelaide 1999/00
125 Melbourne 1947/48
135 Delhi 1959/60
136 Kolkata 1956/57
136 Kolkata 1956/57
137 Mumbai (BS) 1969/70
138 Chennai 1959/60
141 Perth 1991/92
149 Chennai 1959/60
150 Sydney 1999/00

Apart from 104 in Mumbai, none of above are in recent days.
Also IND scored 19 times 250+ against aus with a highest of 315 including 4 times 300+

Australia v Sri Lanka: Totals less than 150 for Sri Lanka
91 Adelaide 1984/85
129 Melbourne 1989/90
They never got booked below 150 in front of their home crowd.
SL scored 9 times 250+ against aus with a highest of 343 including 2 times 300+

From all above statistics of sub-continental teams, Is there any inspiration for us????????????
Old April 29, 2006, 07:38 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Let's just admit, we're not India, Pakistan or SL. We haven't been playing as long as they have. We don't have as experienced players as they have. Australia is the world champion, highest ranked team and vastly experienced. We are not. We're expecting our team to climb up a step too many at once and that's not fair.
Old April 29, 2006, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockhomes
The Australia series is over now and its been a very diasappointing end of a series which gave so much promise in the very first day of the first test match. And unfortunately in both occasions the venue was Fatullah. Now if we look back at the oneday series then we might not be very happy with the way we have played the series but on the other hand a very optimistic person might think ohh..we gave the aussies a good fight in the first and second match although the final match was a bad one. But actually are we happy with the one day performence? Have we improved at all? I just wanna look at some points thats coming in my mind right now.

1.Our top order failed in every match, most reliable one is Nafees but he did nothing to remember. Moreover he got a bad decision from the umpire in the final match. Luck was not favouring him as well. But what about Ash, Aftab? We needed their service but they failed when it was necessary. Ash did bad in the first match , played a stupid shot and got out cheaply so was axed in the next match but came back again in the final one. Still it was all the same. And this time he gave a catch to mid wicket, which was a lollypop one. Only God knows what happened to him. Aftab was simillar, did nothing in the 1st odi and didnt' play in the 2nd one came back in the final one and failed again. Played a stupid shot which caused his death. By removing Ash in the second one and bringing him back in the final odi selectors have proved that how small amount of options we have now. If anyone does seriously bad then there is no one who can replace him. Or if there is some one then we don't know whether its possible for him to replace cause we have not given that player a chance to prove himself. Anyway, players might have bad days and its normal.

2. As the top order failed then it was middle orders responsibility to make some runs to give our bowlers some sort of score to defend with. But what a pitty we failed here as well. Just look at Habibul, he played within himself its true but was it good enough? In the 2nd one day we needed to score quickly form the 35th over but he and javed failed to do so. It was necessary to hit some big ones but they didn't do that and when they tried to slog then they got themselves out. Our top order didn't click as well but thats why there is a middle order to support!There was problem with the batting order as well which is really agonising.

3. Now if we look at the 3rd one dayer then what we see? Rajin struggled a lot. He always has been busy to hit the fielder's hands rather than the gap, which is was a serious concern cause that blocked our singles. In one day cricket you have to take singles to keep the scoreboard moving but we failed here as well. The bowling attack was really weak one, aussies had the second string side playing but still we could not take singles. We failed to make 1s into 2s and 2s into 3s. running between the wicket have been poorest, Habibul was very slow. Rajin was not willing to take singles, it seemed they wanted boundary in every ball! Ridiculous. They had no proper game plan. Their batting was aimless. Their inability to take singles proved that w actually dont know how to play one day cricket. And sadly its true.

4. Some of the batsman's technique is really poor. Javed's bat twists always in his hands, only the almighty knows what Javed wants to do with the bat. He has limitations it's true so why playing some nasty looking unorthodox shots? Can't play a sweep, can't play a proper straight drive, can't play an on drive..so what can you play? Same goes for Rajin. Both of them got poor technique, very weak stance. I can't imagine they don't wanna learn. Fitness is another issue. Is Bashar fully fit to play in the international level? Power - this word does not go with him. Still I would say he has done his best.

If I continue then I will never stop. So lets stop here. The last thing I would like to say - if we conclude Ash and Aftab from the current team then it will look like the pre icc trophy team. Still we will have some good bowlers left in the team but you need good batsman to give the bowlers the chance to bowl! We have improved its true but its also true that we need to find a solution for opening position and the middle order.
A very good work sherlock........
But have to say I don't agree about your comments on Bashar, specially when he is the top run getter of the serries. We know his limitation and he is really not a slogger or big stroke maker. However, he played himself and was good enough to pick up singles which was completely missing from any other player.
Old April 29, 2006, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I think we are walking no where. Actually we are walking in a cricle.
Nice picture Fazal. It really says all. Let's hope we can make it a straight line in future and move forward only.
Old April 29, 2006, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
Let's just admit, we're not India, Pakistan or SL. We haven't been playing as long as they have. We don't have as experienced players as they have. Australia is the world champion, highest ranked team and vastly experienced. We are not. We're expecting our team to climb up a step too many at once and that's not fair.
I'm sure we are not as good as any other sub-continent team. I was just replying someone's question when he was pointing India and Pakistan's failure against AUS.

I know AUS is the best but can't agree with your comment 'vastly experienced' about the team played on 3rd ODI. Did you notice who bowled? O ma'n, it was a shame to score that low against such an inexperienced attack.
Old April 29, 2006, 08:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
I'm sure we are not as good as any other sub-continent team. I was just replying someone's question when he was pointing India and Pakistan's failure against AUS.

I know AUS is the best but can't agree with your comment 'vastly experienced' about the team played on 3rd ODI. Did you notice who bowled? O ma'n, it was a shame to score that low against such an inexperienced attack.
A lot of things happen in cricket so lets forget the first two odi. But what about the 3rd one where Cosgrove bowled but we could not even take singles regularly? Why? We need to answer this question asap before the WC 2007. We need to understand one day is not all about big hits, you need to take 1s 2s and 3s as well to keep the score moving. But we failed to take valuable odd runs in the middle of the innings. I am sure Aftab bowls much batter than Cosgrove who is an ocassional bowler.

The failure against those bowlers was really agonising. During the 2nd and 3rd odi I was shouting hit the ball..hit the ball...from the UK!!!!! I was speaking with myself why don't they take singles, why they don't make an attempt to get to the target. But I was helpless but hopefull. They had to play in the field not me!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 30, 2006, 01:59 AM
Club Cricketer

Lots of analysis. Lots of stats. Lots of disappointment. Guys, you forgot one thing, we are playing against the No.1 team of the world. They just hesitate/unknown in the first one day (two day maybe) of the first test. But they get back into theirs bussiness. For the answer of this particular thread, I will say "Yes we are improving". I will not provide any stats. But wish to say some words. Aus is always the best, remember that. Why we fall in the 3rd ODI as they have second class attack ? Remember again, when players play for AUS they always try their best, cauz they know, this might be the only chance of my lifetime. So although the name was unknown for us, but they will not let aus down. Thats why they r selected. I think cosgrov is also a very good player in their league. So he get a chance and prove himself that he could play for AUS any time. He knows his limitation in bowling and try to bowl just line and length. and our batter got stuck into the crease. Now lets take a look at BD team. I think, "we have won against aus before, we have to win again" this type of particular thinking has done the damage. In the 3rd ODI we took much unneeded presure and play the worst. Also another thing, our player are very much capable of playing good cricket, but they can't apply that cauz they yet don't have enough matured brain into there head,which the aus player have naturally through playing there domestic cricket. Am i right ? Comments plz.
Old April 30, 2006, 02:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Australia v Pakistan: Totals less than 150 for Pakistan
108 Nairobi (Gym) 2002
117 Nairobi (Gym) 2002
132 Lord's 1999
140 Adelaide 1983/84
149 Hobart 1996/97

None of above are in recent days.
Also PAK scored 13 times 250+ against with a highest of 315.

Australia v India: Totals less than 150 for India
58 Brisbane 1947/48
67 Melbourne 1947/48
98 Brisbane 1947/48
104 Mumbai 2004/05
110 Adelaide 1999/00
125 Melbourne 1947/48
135 Delhi 1959/60
136 Kolkata 1956/57
136 Kolkata 1956/57
137 Mumbai (BS) 1969/70
138 Chennai 1959/60
141 Perth 1991/92
149 Chennai 1959/60
150 Sydney 1999/00

Apart from 104 in Mumbai, none of above are in recent days.
Also IND scored 19 times 250+ against aus with a highest of 315 including 4 times 300+

Australia v Sri Lanka: Totals less than 150 for Sri Lanka
91 Adelaide 1984/85
129 Melbourne 1989/90
They never got booked below 150 in front of their home crowd.
SL scored 9 times 250+ against aus with a highest of 343 including 2 times 300+

From all above statistics of sub-continental teams, Is there any inspiration for us????????????

u just proved my points, and look how inconsistent Pakistan was even after winning the World Cup, come on give our boys some credit for a series hard and sincerely fought, though sometimes not that intelligently.