facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 24, 2003, 06:54 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Question about Dish Subscription in US

Hello all,

I am trying to get the Dish network set up in my apartment for the World Cup. I live in an apartment where the only available option is to install the Dish network dish indoors--through a southwest-facing window (which I have). However, I called the Dish 800 number today...and they said that their designated installer would not attempt an indoor installation. Is anyone else in such a situation and has anyone figured out a way around this? If so, I would appreciate any information.

(I did find a local retailer who said he would attempt an indoor installation. However, in order to get the free installation with the $149 equipment for the cricket world cup, you need to buy the equipment directly from Dish...and their designated installer will do the free installation. If it helps, I live in western massachusetts.)

Thanks much.

PS. I only recently discovered this website. Kudos to the person who created the site. As far as I know, this forum really is the only place where die-hard supporters of the Bangladesh cricket team (as painful as that may be most of the time) can share their opinions...and also share their pain?

Old January 24, 2003, 07:42 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Welcome

Welcome to the board. It has indeed been a painful journey and from the looks of it, it will remain so for the next few months.

As far as indoor installation, it will probably be better to find neighbors who have dish network because I am not aware of it. You might want to check the credential of the local retailer. Hopefully it is no mom and pop business. (I will be highly crictical of them).

By the way, The World cup is going to set you back $450 ? The team better pay up.
Old January 24, 2003, 11:47 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Its not 450, full package is $299
Old January 25, 2003, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
author: nasif
Its not 450, full package is $299
Actually it is $450 if you are NOT a current customer of DISH. You have to pay 299.95 for the WC package and then pay an extra $150 for the receiver/equipment. The installation is "free".

There is another choice. You can subscribe to DISH network for A YEAR, then all equips and installation will be "free of charge". Then you can pay only 300 bucks for the WC package.

So, deshitrader - If I understand you correctly -
Quote:
I did find a local retailer who said he would attempt an indoor installation. However, in order to get the free installation with the $149 equipment for the cricket world cup, you need to buy the equipment directly from Dish...and their designated installer will do the free installation. If it helps, I live in western massachusetts
That's the MAN!!!!! You will have to pay that extra $149. You might want to do a research on DISH website or call them and ask for all available info.

If you got any relatives in NYC, I suggest you visit them for 2 months . WC is playing all over NY.

[Edited on 25-1-2003 by Orpheus]
Old January 25, 2003, 11:34 AM
Club Cricketer

The problem with going with the local retailer is that installation is not free with him unless I make a one-year commitment. With the $149 equipment solely for the purpose of the world cup (no 1year commitment), you get free installation only if you buy the equipment directly from Dish. Otherwise, installation is an additional $199.

Unfortunately, I cannot move to NYC for two months. Need to keep working for that paycheck.
Old January 25, 2003, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Default get the dish

trader-Man:

get the dish for a year. it has better programming than cable and doesn't cost that much more over the year. i have been afraid to get it because my wife will insist on the indian dish channels and turn this place into a bollywood zoo. but thankfully she goes back to work soon and won't have any time for it so I think i will take the plunge before the world cup starts.
Old January 25, 2003, 01:13 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Indian channels.

I want to find out about this but haven't had chance to call in:
Can anyone please go to www.kbs-tv.com, get the numbers for TVASIA/SOny Max and other channels (they dont have doordorshon, do thay ?0 and see if any one of them will show the WC.

IT will be much much cheaper if we can get those channels (15 bucks a piece/month) for a couple of months.
Just a shot, who knows, might be worth it.