facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 21, 2013, 09:34 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Posted by Chris_P on (April 21, 2013, 21:26 GMT)
"The batting performance in Harare had no similarity with that in Sri Lanka," said Jalal Yunus, the BCB's media committee chairman.. Is he kidding? Perhaps the reason was totally different pitches may provide some answers. This is the reason why BD won't progress, when the players are stymied by a board lacking vision & obviously have no idea about cricket. Timing of the tour, umpires, etc etc etc. Wow, total & I mean total lack of cricket concept.
I think he summed it up. Link

Old April 22, 2013, 02:50 AM
BC Editorial Team

Look I'm all for blaming BCB's general incompetence but let's face it, those Zim players have a board way way worse than ours. They still kicked our rear ends in. We have played on bouncier and faster pitches against better pacers and scored more runs. I saw most of the Test. I can tell you that this "can't play bounce" excuse is BS for this match. As is any attempt to blame umpiring. Other than Jahurul's there weren't any howlers.

Instead, what I saw was one of the most gutless performances ever. An outright choke job akin to the WC match against Windies two years ago: We were expected to win and we couldn't handle it, perishing instead to lack of application and fortitude. Same reason we lose to Netherlands. Simple as that. For that Mushy as skipper is accountable. Jurgs with his "don't worry be happy" is accountable. And anyone who held a bat is accountable. To get dismissed for sub-150 twice on that wicket to that bowling, every player should forfeit his match fee.

I would assert that I am one of the most even keeled, longer-term BC members, but if I were to meet our players today, I would ask them all to drop their trousers to prove whether they actually have a pair or not!!!!!
Old April 22, 2013, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
if I were to meet our players today, I would ask them all to drop their trousers to prove whether they actually have a pair or not!!!!!
bhalo bolla bhai. Ora ashole ki meye or chele amra shobai jante hobe.
Old April 22, 2013, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Looks like it's time to resurrect Dr Zs Conventional Wisdom
Old April 22, 2013, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Look I'm all for blaming BCB's general incompetence but let's face it, those Zim players have a board way way worse than ours. They still kicked our rear ends in. We have played on bouncier and faster pitches against better pacers and scored more runs. I saw most of the Test. I can tell you that this "can't play bounce" excuse is BS for this match. As is any attempt to blame umpiring. Other than Jahurul's there weren't any howlers.

Instead, what I saw was one of the most gutless performances ever. An outright choke job akin to the WC match against Windies two years ago: We were expected to win and we couldn't handle it, perishing instead to lack of application and fortitude. Same reason we lose to Netherlands. Simple as that. For that Mushy as skipper is accountable. Jurgs with his "don't worry be happy" is accountable. And anyone who held a bat is accountable. To get dismissed for sub-150 twice on that wicket to that bowling, every player should forfeit his match fee.

I would assert that I am one of the most even keeled, longer-term BC members, but if I were to meet our players today, I would ask them all to drop their trousers to prove whether they actually have a pair or not!!!!!
Exactly. There's really no excuse for the performances in the first Test and the players have only themselves to blame.

Anyways, no point wasting breath saying the same things over and over. Losers will always be losers.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:33 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Yep, heads WILL roll ...
I think Mushfiqur is on the hottest seat, but SJ might also be sacked. Riyad's tenure might be ending as well.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali007
First of all BCB should be re organized with Saber & Associates . This Jalal-Bobby-Papon-Lipu gang have to go !!!
Yes! But, who will make it happen?
Old April 22, 2013, 01:36 PM

It helps to win some matches. If you complain after winning a match, people listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I like however that the BCB has finally voiced the umpire issue. Of course that won't do any good and we are powerless to avoid being victimized over and over and over.

Buts all these injuries are BCB's fault for organizing this retarded BPL tournament that goes on for 5 weeks.
Old April 22, 2013, 02:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksud
Main reason is we dont know how to play on the turning and bouncy wickets.

Solution is to teach our batsman how to play on the turning and bouncy
wicket.
How hard it is to make a wicket like that !!
Old April 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Yes I agree.

Two 130 somethings in two innings is not acceptable from this batting order. In the batting senior players like Riyad, Sakib, Rahim, SN failed in both innings, young taltent Nasir and Shohag failed in both innings, another senior player again ran out like a cluless deer in the middle of the highway.

In the fielding there were mutiple culprits that includes ususal suspects like SN, Jahirul and Ashraful.

Except for Robiul all more or less failed. The idea that we should over load with spinneres regardless of the pitch failed. 3rd FB would be more helpful.

Captaincy lacked "booker pata" and Rahim is making same mistakes. Whne he is supposed to attack, he is more interested to saving runs. Bowling order was also debatable. If we ask it should be Rahim who should drop his trousers first, for his lack of courage as a captain.

Then we have the issue of whether it was wise to bat first or bowl first.

SJ is pretty much screwed his chances the most. Good or bad, I doubt he will survive after this series. May be this is good for us, lot of people thought he is agacha in the team.

The other person who may be phased out is Riyad. Atleast he will get more heat, and he should based on his recent attitute with the bat in last few games.
Old April 22, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I think Mushfiqur is on the hottest seat, but SJ might also be sacked. Riyad's tenure might be ending as well.
Yes ... yes and Yes.

After this type of performance they all deserve this.

Plus the selectors should also take some heat. Who is resposible that fit players are selected? Who is responsible to make sure that a player from injury (Sakib) should not directly play in the test without fully fit and without any warm-up matches?

Its not that we didn't have subsitute players. Mominul or Naeem could have played.
Old April 23, 2013, 12:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Mushfiqur Rahim, I can be somewhat lenient and forgiving on him; but no matter what Riyad has to go! enough is enough! even if Mushfiqur gets dropped from captaincy, He should still be in the team as a batsmen. Riyad only plays well in Dhaka/Bangladeshi pitches and the last time Riyad played well in overseas was in NZ in 2010 if i remember correctly.
Old April 23, 2013, 12:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Marginalized, non competitive and low quality cricket won't prepare us for high profile, competitive, and high quality cricket demanded at the highest level, or prepare us to deal with its pressures. Just calling it "First Class" and geekfesting about with decontextualized stats have not and will not do the trick. We choked big time and that is nothing but yet another case of the chicken coming home to roost. No amount of whining and blamegaming can excuse us from that obvious fact.

Anyone who cannot handle the pressures of playing international cricket better stick to being a paper tiger decorating the utterly farcical NCL and the slightly less farcical BCL with meaningless numbers.

Can't covert a 40? GTFO!

Can't perform when you're expected to win? GTFO!

Not only do we lack a sense of personal responsibility, we compound the problem by pretending that accountability is all about who can blame someone else the loudest and throw mud the farthest.

Retarded yet michka bunch of gutless losers from top to bottom and across the board! It's a miracle that we've come this far.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; April 23, 2013 at 08:27 AM..
Old April 23, 2013, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Can't perform when you're expected to win? GTFO!
If your interpreting that statement by the 'ability to handle pressure' then i understand. But even the best batsmen of world cricket have done poorly when they were expected to so in a way it's kind of harsh to say that.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

What is gtfo?
Old April 23, 2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
What is gtfo?
Explaining this acronym will violate the forum rules.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:45 PM

I think our players can handle pressure when they want to. But, they have this tendency of "ki honu re!" after they make some progress. They expected ZIM to lay down, but when that failed to materialize, they completely fell apart.
Old April 23, 2013, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

I think all can be forgiven as long as the team come good in 2nd test. There is still time to correct the mistake they (everyone) did.
Old April 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
What is gtfo?
get the ____ out
Old April 23, 2013, 06:12 PM
Cricket Legend

get the frogs out

or

get the fish out
Old April 23, 2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
get the frogs out

or

get the fish out
I like fish!
Old April 29, 2013, 04:17 PM
BC Editorial Team

After their gut-check win, I'm prepared to concede that team may have half of a pair.
Old April 29, 2013, 05:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Best way to feel OK about this? Call the first Test a "warm up" tour match. Win the remaining 6 games by big margins (143 is a start) to justify that and kick their tail whenever they come to BD or we see them in a WC match.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 29, 2013, 05:55 PM
BC Editorial Team

When they come to BD I propose we put them at Hotel The Versailis and Restaurant in Mogbajar and have them practice at the Wari club grounds (famous for mosha and dobar panir gondho).
They will get nothing but borhani and shutkir torkari for meals.