facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 4, 2007, 10:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default College Football - 2007/08

With USC, O'khalamma (Oklahoma), LSU flexing their muscles can Florida copy their Basketball program? That is repeat in College Football too?

Other contenders like Ohio State, Oregon, Cal's week 1 performance just shows they are not out of the picture as of yet.

Week 1 has already finished and we have upset of the century already? A national title contender out going coach (who already has won a national title) lost to a Division I - AA school? First time in the college football history a top 25 team lost let alone a top 5 team. Yes, Michigan, as esteemed program lost to Appalachian State 32-34. Lloyd Carr, the coach wants to start the season from scratch. Only to face an improved Oregon team who are vying for respect themselves.

Texas got a scare. Only a forth quarter penalty saved them similar fate against Arkansas State (one of the bottom teams in Sun-belt Conference).

Georgia Tech just manhandled Over rated Notre Dame at south bend. 33-3. The race cards plays a big role. The worst loss in the History of Notre Dame in the opening game. Mike Willingham (Black) previous coach was out the door for having a 7 win season. I wonder why Charlie Wise is facing a different music. No one is yet to say that he is even on the hot seat. Funny world.

Heisman race is on. D-Mac started on the right note. Running for 151 yards and a touchdown and also throwing for a score. Averaged 6.3 Yards a carry. His Homeboy, sharing the back field Felix Jones had 129 yards in 12 carries averaging 10+. He also scored on a kick off return. Now that is the impressive back field duel that we have seen for quite some time in any team history. Yes, it was against Troy (45-26). However, the SEC would feel their presence in coming weeks. Go Hogs.

FSU (dad) lost to Clemson (son). Bowden family is back to sharing information on other teams.

Other notable games:
Mighty Tennessee lost to Cal. That was revenge game for Cal. 31-45
Auburn beat Kansas State. 23-13
Georgia finished off Oklahoma State. 35 -14.
Rutgars, Louiville, LSU, Penn State, Boise State, Florida, Michigan State, W Virginia, UCLA, Nebraska, Kentucky, Hawaii, Vanderbilt, Texas A & M, Texas Tech, Kansas, Alabama, Arizona State won big. For most of the big names, the opponents were little known schools. Another two weeks and the real matches start (conference games).

Last edited by Tigers_eye; September 4, 2007 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Spelling: Appalachian

Old September 4, 2007, 09:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

So when are you going to open the NFL 2007-08 Season Thread?
Old September 5, 2007, 01:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancan
So when are you going to open the NFL 2007-08 Season Thread?
After setting so many examples still it is not enough for you guys to follow my lead? You could have opened it on behalf of me.
Old September 6, 2007, 08:17 AM
Cricket Savant

AP Top 25 Week 2
1.USC (59)
2.LSU (5)
3.West Virginia (1)
4.Florida
5.Oklahoma
5.Wisconsin
7.Texas
8.Louisville
9.Virginia Tech
10.California
11.Georgia
12.Ohio State
13.UCLA
14.Penn State
15.Rutgers
16.Nebraska
17.Auburn
18.Arkansas
19.TCU
20.Hawaii
21.Georgia Tech
22.Boise State
23.Texas A&M
24.Tennessee
25.Clemson

SEC: LSU (2), Florida (4), Georgia (11), Auburn (17), Arkansas (18), Tennessee (24) = 6 teams

Big 12: Oklahoma (5), Texas (7), Nebraska (16), Texas A & M (23) = 4 teams

PAC 10: USC (1), Cal (10), UCLA (13) = 3 teams

Big East: WV (3), Louisville (8), Rutgars (15) = 3 teams

Big Ten: Wisconsin (5), Ohio State (12), Penn State (14) = 3 teams

ACC: Va Tech (9), Ga Tech (21), Clemson (25) = 3 teams

WAC: Hawaii (20), Boise State (22) =2 teams

Mountain West: TCU (19) = 1 team

Last edited by Tigers_eye; September 6, 2007 at 08:29 AM..
Old September 6, 2007, 08:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Games to follow in week 2 are:
1. Va Tech at LSU (2): For Va tech this would be an emotional season. LSU wants to prove that they are legit. This may turn out to be a one sider for the home team, however, Va Tech has the tools to compete with anyone in the nation. My pick would be LSU 32 Va Tech 10.

2. Next Texas (7) hosting TCU (19). Last week Texas got a scare from Arkansas St. TCU is far more explosive. This can be an upset game. Mack Brown must justify his raise by beating non-conference teams.

3. Spurrier bringing his Gamecocks to Bulldog Territory. Before the season started Spurrier said this is the 3rd season and they are ready to win their division. lol, that is just not respecting Florida, Georgia, Tennessee. Even Vandy is much improved this season. South Carolina must win if they are to challenge the division title.

4. Another Cracker. 4 million dollar man Nick Saban who left Dolphins to make Bama a powerhouse faces their first test on the road. Vandy is not huge in Football but this year they may challege anyone. I just wonder what will the fanbase say if they lose to Vandy. In the first practice day of Nick's era there were 92,000+ fans watching. Imagine the pressure in real games.

Other games that may be significant down the roads are:
Nebraska (16) at Wake Forrest (Last years ACC champ)
Navy at Rutgars (15) - After last year every game for Rutgars are important.
Fresno at Texas A&M
Boise St. at Washington
Kent State at Kentucky
Notre Dame at Penn St. (I reluctantly put this one on the list. Notre Dame is over-rated. If Michigan didn't lose the beating by Ga Tech would have been front page in every paper and news media)
Old September 6, 2007, 08:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin
Thumbs up BEAT STANFuRD

We'll be happy ...

As long as we do some of this ...

And beat StanfUrd ...

GOLDEN BEARS ATW !!!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

all the players are african-american?
Old September 9, 2007, 08:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Man am I pissed off right now. My UGA bulldogs lost to stupid South Carolina. Stafford played terrible and we couldn't score a f****ing touchdown. Everytime we got in the redzone, we settled for a field goal.
Old September 9, 2007, 10:16 AM
Cricket Savant

Yea I thought Georgia would stop Big mouth Spurrier. It seems the legendary coach knows what he is talking about. He is gunning for SC's 1st division championship ever. hard to claim before the season started and the division contains Defending College Football champion Florida, traditional powerhouse Tennessee, Georgia, much improved Kentucky and Vandy.
Old September 10, 2007, 09:55 AM
Cricket Savant

LSU proves they are legit. Killed Va Tech 48 - 7. Va Tech passed two years were #1 in overall defense. Oct 6, gator comes into town. Now that game gets bigger than anything for LSU.

Auburn got dumped from the top 25 poll after losing to South Florida. South Florida?? Yup!! Past two years they beat ranked opponents also.

Michigan and NotreDame continued their downward slide. Both team 0-2. Next week they face each other. Someone must win, lol. The loser faces 0-3. I believe it would Notre Dame scratching their heads after this game.

Alabama finished of Vandy. Their running back looks solid. Impressive plays by QB Wilson. I liked that boy for his poise, determination and strength.

Louisville, Rutgars, W Virginia, Cinci, Oklahoma, Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan State, Clemson, Boston College, Penn State, Kentucky, Florida, Kansas, Washigton State, Oklahoma State all won big.

Boise State's loss to washington must give Notre Dame fans pain (Washington's (2-0)coach Willingham is an ex Notre Dame coach who was fired despite having a winning record). This broke winningest record in the country which was 14 (Boise St).

Week 3 games to watch:

Arkansas (16) at Alabama. D- Mac time.
W Virginia (4) at Maryland.
Mississippi St at Auburn. Huge game for Auburn (must win).
Iowa at Iowa St. Iowa should easily roll. However, this is a rivalry game so anything can happen.
Tennessee (22) at Florida (5). For Florida every game is a big game. They just can't lose. They must win big for nationational title implications. Tennessee is no push over either.
Notre Dame at Michigan. (loser bowl)
Ohio St (10) at Washington. This can put Washington in the map if they can some how upset the buckeyes.
Louisville (9) at Kentucky. Not as easy as it may seem for Louisville. This may be an ambush that they didn't see coming. In-state rivalry also.
USC (1) paying a visit to Nabraska (14). Back in the glory days the corn huskers wouldn't even pay any attention to this game. I am sure there will be over 100,000 red huskers screaming at the stadium. Can't get any bigger than this. A hicupp and LSU would be of to the races.
Boston College (22) at Georgia Tech (15). I think Georgia Tech is getting no respect from the pollsters.
Florida St visiting Colorado. Not a place to be comfortable in.
Old September 10, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Michigan is over-rated. Notredame is garbage. They play each other next week. Loser bowl it is.

LSU looks really good. I will be watching USC-Nebraska.
Old October 7, 2007, 09:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

STANFORD beat USC!!!!!!! HAHAHAHH 24-23!!! wow I can't believe this....

texas lost to OU, Wisconsin lost to illinois...man o man...what's happening
Old October 9, 2007, 09:37 AM
Cricket Savant

This year the upsets are far too many. Most of the big name schools have tasted defeats. Cal, Ohio State, Arizona State remains unbeaten. Ofcourse LSU is in the top. However, they are in SEC where any team can win on any given day.

Ramadan and Arkansas losses to bama and Kentucky has taken a toll on me.

Rutgars and Louisville was ousted early.
Notre Dame is facing their Karma.
Texas's back to back beat downs were pleasant sights.
Wisconsin ran out of luck, finally.
USC's 35 game winning streak at the collisium was upset of the week at the hands of Stanford who was a 40 point underdog.
Old October 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

ok i saw the other day that MU is now number 11. Is it the top 11 or some other rank?
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old October 9, 2007, 11:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
ok i saw the other day that MU is now number 11. Is it the top 11 or some other rank?
It is!! This year they have a better team than last year. However, the next six out of seven games would be tough. They can lose 4 road games and two home games. Anyways, congrats for the 5-0 start and huge victory over Nabraska at home.
Old October 9, 2007, 12:52 PM
Cricket Guru

kool. i think the QB is very good. he had better offer than MU but his parents made him come here... anyway he is like vick... no he doesn't bet on dogs but he also runs and throws like him...
Old October 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
kool. i think the QB is very good. he had better offer than MU but his parents made him come here... anyway he is like vick... no he doesn't bet on dogs but he also runs and throws like him...
Vick was almost a model student at Va Tech. In Highschool he use to go the lakes to stay out of gangs. The problem started after he got millions in endorsements and NFL contracts. Wait till the QB get in NFL.

Games that matters next week:

Florida State (21) at Wake Forest.
Wisconsin (19) at Penn State.
LSU (1) at Kentucky (17) watch out.
Georgia (24) at Vandy.
Auburn (22) at Arkansas.
Missouri (11) at Oklahoma (6).
Louisville at Cinci (15).
Oregon St at Cal (2).
Old October 9, 2007, 03:32 PM
Cricket Guru

btw he is a white guy... (MU- QB). Eider din khela ki mushkil...
Old October 9, 2007, 07:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

OHIO STATE BUCKS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

we are gonna get what we missed last year.

get ready.

this Saturday, Kent State going to get some beating and then Michigan State will and we are gonna go all the way down to Michigan at the end and whop their asses too.

NUMBER 3 BABY! haha
Old October 10, 2007, 10:13 AM
Cricket Savant

If Ohio State loses to Michigan would that mean Appalachian State is better than the Buckeyes?

Do you remember last year's rear kicking by the Bigger, faster, superior Gators? Any SEC team excluding Mississippi schools can take them down any day.
Old October 15, 2007, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

i'm goin up to storrs to see UCONN"S homecominn game this fridayy..i'm so excitedd....they were doin ok with 5-0 but lost the last game..
Old October 16, 2007, 12:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Sourav Ganguly

screw Ohio state.

btw, did everyone hear about Kansas getting fined after their win against LSU in triple overtime. Apparently they let fans run on the field in celebration.
Old October 16, 2007, 07:54 AM
Cricket Guru

started watching football...can you watch football games in internet, I have lost my right on watching tv!!
Old October 16, 2007, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS
started watching football...can you watch football games in internet, I have lost my right on watching tv!!
sorry just score card but only NFL. i am not sure they have something for the college or not...
Old October 16, 2007, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

We gonna kick #2 South Florida's bottom this thursday. Go Rutgers!!!