facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 12, 2005, 03:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default Bangladesh Grouping with Bermuda in WC 2007

Its official now.

The new ICC team that will be in Bangladesh group with India and Srilanka is Bermuda.

Bermuda earned 4th place in ICC qualifying tournament.

here is the link:

http://www.cricketnext.com/news1/nex...005/rep084.htm

Old July 12, 2005, 04:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bermuda?? Bhoy paichiii!
Old July 12, 2005, 05:48 AM
Club Cricketer

Old July 12, 2005, 09:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Guys, we cant expect BD to loose at any cost against Bermuda....

We need to win it by a very big margin...

I can expect BD loosing this game and then Bashar saying it was their day, they bowled us out, etc like Mashud, when he said some wht same after we lost to Canada in the WC2003...

Our team just shouldnt be over confident vs them. They just should be cool....I think its only bcoz of our players over confidence we lost to Canada & Kenya in WC2003.

We cant anymore bear the Shame like how once we beared whn we lost to Canada...wht a disgrace was it...it was surely the darkest day in BD's cricket history..
Old July 12, 2005, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

I think that Canada loss will be on their mind when they step out for their match.
Old July 12, 2005, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

NO way BD will lose!
Bermuda is'nt as strong as Canada. We are lucky not to be grouped with Scotland, Canada or Holland. Moreover, Bermuda wickets are not that similar to the other west Indian pitches, so there won't be any home advantage for them. I believe it has something to do with their grass.
Having said all that- if Bermuda wins, it will be a greater blow than the Canada defeat.
Old July 12, 2005, 10:04 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I'd be more cautious playing barmuda than india or sri lanka. if we lost against them, no biggie, but no way against bermuda. we have to play against them with the attitude england played the test series against us.
Old July 12, 2005, 10:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

We beat bermuda many times... so don't worry. At least we will win one match in 2007 WC
Old July 12, 2005, 10:23 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by r56hg
We beat bermuda many times... so don't worry. At least we will win one match in 2007 WC
Only once I think. They also defeated us once. So 1-1.
Old July 12, 2005, 10:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

i think this group is very competative. Bermuda for sure, but if we play our best game we can compete with India also. Not know much about the current status of Srilankan cricket, but doesnt look as healthy as it was several years back.

And the top two team move on to the next group. So, beating Bermuda and one more "upset" should move us to the next.

I think its a great opportnity for us.
Old July 12, 2005, 10:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Agree with Shakalaka. Inshallah, 2007 may see us in the semi-finals at least.

Now, everyone if Kenya can do it (with a bit of help from mother nature that was), we can do it also.

At this stage, anything is possible. After all this is OD cricket
Old July 12, 2005, 11:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

kenya got help from mother nature and englands refusal to play...that was at least 2 matches.
Old July 12, 2005, 11:34 AM
Retired BC Admin

We don't need to be wary of a loss. We are rapidly becoming a strong force in the limited over game. Little more sharpness and penetration by our bowlers and a bit of consistency from our boys are all that we look forward to.

It doesn't matter whether our opponent is Bermuda or Australia (ahh, doesn't it feel good to say something like this?), we'll sure be able to stage our best world cup fight ever.

In ODI, the difference between win and loss is steep. I'd rather look forward to strong showing by our boys than worrying about a sad repeat.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:01 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Yes, bermuda or australia. does feel good.

now, i think this shows how much a mental game the cricket is. I think our recent success has a lot to do with our u19 team mauling australia u19 team. that gave the senior team the mental advantage. Otherwise, we could not go even close to england once but beated australia once and had a close game again. just look at todays game: australia wins by 8 wickets in 35 overs against england. so they were not a weak team to beat, but mentally we were strong.

and thats the key in world cup as well. we've to believe we are well past that stage of bermuda and be professional in attitude.

then one step at a time. take each game separately without thinking about the 2nd round. if we can somehow manage to beat india (well we did before) or sri lanka (well did it in SL tour 2005 ) so why can't we repeat it.

yeah, starting the india visit, we had at least one win per tour. we should keep that in srilanka.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:11 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

WE got over the Canada Loss when we Beat Hong Kong! so I see no problem vs Bermuda. I think WC2007 or 2006 champions trophy will be the wake up call to the rest of the cricket world that we are not minnows! by then we will be a better Test team get a couple more draws and possibly a few more wins.
Old July 12, 2005, 12:27 PM
Test Cricketer

BD should take Bermuda as how they would take India or Lanka...

Every match she should give all they can. Whteva be we cant and we dont deserve to loose against Bermuda....

I am too sure that if (Allah na ko ruk) we loose vs them, the moral of the whole team will be very very very low as at present the moral is high comp to ny other times day ....

Inshallah, BD will win vs Bermuda and Inshallah we will reach the Semi Finals...
Old July 12, 2005, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
I think our recent success has a lot to do with our u19 team mauling australia u19 team. that gave the senior team the mental advantage. Otherwise, we could not go even close to england once but beated australia once and had a close game again.
I actually doubt that.
The process of development of the U-19's don't have much significance in the National Team's camp... and the National Side's job is way tougher than the juniors. I have even seen some members here saying at times that our U-19 can even beat the opponents that our National side fails to. That is really quite funny thing to say... and both contexts are really so very different.

The current succes of the National side is really the outcome of gradual improvement in their courage and confidence, and I believe the Aussi beating resulted gradually from Drawing with the WI in test & bringing them close to defeat in ODI, Beating India & clearly dominating over Zimbabwe. The rest is all sweet memory now!

But one impact of the U-19 success surely effects the current National side.. and that is the inclusion of previously successfull U-19 players into the side.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
just look at todays game: australia wins by 8 wickets in 35 overs against england. so they were not a weak team to beat, but mentally we were strong.
IMO.... the Aussies are actually coming back to form now. They started their tour with very low performance and they lost 3 games before we defeated them. Their bad form co-incided with our Spirited performance and that brought their downfall. Right now the Aussies are in the best shape throughout the whole tour and they have become the Real Aussies!!
Old July 12, 2005, 02:10 PM
Test Cricketer

i understand that the ghost of 2003 world cup still haunts us and we can't underestimate bermuda in WC 2007, but so much fear to face bermuda is really pathetic. we recently beat two previous world champions india and australia, won test and ODI series against zimbabwe, drew a test with west indies. what we should do is be cautios playing against bermuda, but think about our matches against india and sri lanka. analyze their strengths and weaknesses and adopt strategies to beat them. we should look forward and not look back.
Old July 12, 2005, 02:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
... but so much fear to face bermuda is really pathetic. we recently beat two previous world champions india and australia, won test and ODI series against zimbabwe, drew a test with west indies. ....
Why is it so unlikely? For the same reason we beat Australia and India, we can get whipped by Bermuda... that is the uncertainty (and excitement) of cricket..
Old July 12, 2005, 02:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Well just think of the progress we made in the last two years, and project that into the next two. Sure, cricket is unpredictable, but our chances will be infinitely better than when we faced Canada..
Old July 12, 2005, 03:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by newbie
Quote:
Originally posted by howzatt!
... but so much fear to face bermuda is really pathetic. we recently beat two previous world champions india and australia, won test and ODI series against zimbabwe, drew a test with west indies. ....
Why is it so unlikely? For the same reason we beat Australia and India, we can get whipped by Bermuda... that is the uncertainty (and excitement) of cricket..
ofcourse it is not unlikely. it isn't unlikely for BD to beat india or SL either. i'm sure indians and srilankans will take their math against BD cautiously considering the uncertainty factor of cricket, but they sure won't start shivering out of fear of losing to BD.
Old July 12, 2005, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

If we can't beat Bermuda, I will seriously consider to stop following BD cricket I don't know for how long. The only way to face a defeat is out of complacency for BD.
Old July 12, 2005, 05:37 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

ummm guys... its gonna be in 2007... dont you think its a little premature to start talking abt the win or loss now?

By the next 2 yrs a lot can change... so yeah lets hope for the best.
Old July 12, 2005, 07:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
By the next 2 yrs a lot can change... so yeah lets hope for the best
it's less than 2 yrs from now. Not that far away..
Old July 12, 2005, 10:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Quote:
Originally posted by oracle
NO way BD will lose!
This is cricket, anything is possible. Australian also believed "NO way Aussies will lose to BD the worst cricket team on the face of the earth!" BD needs to take every team seriously in a professional manner.