facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 18, 2005, 09:39 AM
First Class Cricketer

Default who is the richest briton?

well i just heard 4rm my dad dat a person called lakshmi mittal is the richest briton and no. 3rd in da world!
well i neva knew dat n indian wud rule over british economy!
his estimated worth is said 2 b 25.6bn n it is also said he is the next big threat to bill gates.(mayb in 5-6yrs coz he jumped 4rm a value of 6bn last year 2 25bn this year)
guyz how much is it true?

Edited on, October 18, 2005, 2:41 PM GMT, by bombayrocks.

Old October 18, 2005, 11:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

hes not the 3rd richest in the world, but lakshmi mittal is the richest in the U.K .

Edited on, October 18, 2005, 4:54 PM GMT, by Huda.
Old October 18, 2005, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Bill gates and other rich people have paper money. Which means it is not real money. The assets that they hold values that much (intangible). Now for some reason say Bill gates wants his money as cash or tangible assets then the stocks he wants to sell would not sell at the current price, it will fall. He would have hard time cashing his government bonds too. As such, most of the top rich people in the world are not worth as it seems.

Now with his money Bill Gates can lease BD for a year (buy the government budget). After the recent election, Tariq Rahman unofficially bought the country for 5 years. lol, who is richer?
Old October 18, 2005, 05:25 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

2/3 months ago I watched a show on MTV 'the richest kids' but it didn't show anything about Lakshmi Mittal eventhough I've heard he is the richest in Britain and one of the richest in the world..

Now eventhough the show was about kids who earned their own money + inherited or will inherit their rich parents' money, how come there was nothing about Mr Mittal?... if he's so rich, surely his kids are IN THE ZONE right?

Anyway I think Bill Gates is worth 40bn and sadly each of his kids will only inherit 0.2something% of the money!

the rest of it will go to charity...

Old October 18, 2005, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:

Anyway I think Bill Gates is worth 40bn and sadly each of his kids will only inherit 0.2something% of the money!

now u know why Bill Gates DESERVES to be rich and not you!
Old October 18, 2005, 06:17 PM
Cricket Legend

yes I heard of mittal .... actualy probably in Banglacricket not sure... He has steel business if I remember it correctly.

Currently the richest in world are Bill gates, what's his name... found of berkshire hathaway, Michael Dell and wife, brother, mother, sister blah blah of walmart's owner.. who got rich of inheritence.

Edited on, October 18, 2005, 11:18 PM GMT, by Orpheus.
Old October 18, 2005, 06:32 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by Orpheus
Quote:

now u know why Bill Gates DESERVES to be rich and not you!
when did i say i deserve to be rich? :duh:
Old October 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatebreed
[ sadly each of his kids will only inherit 0.2something% of the money!

when did i say i deserve to be rich? :duh: [/quote]

You don't have to say it

I meant to say Gates deserves to be rich and he is rich.. and u in comparison is a poor man whehter u deserve it or not.

u said it's "sad" taht his kids will get less than 1% of wealth. - hence my comment.

For me, Gates is by far the most admired person. I don't like ppl like trump, Bloomberg etc....

Good luck
Old October 18, 2005, 10:12 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Quote:
[ sadly each of his kids will only inherit 0.2something% of the money!

when did i say i deserve to be rich? :duh:
You don't have to say it

I meant to say Gates deserves to be rich and he is rich.. and u in comparison is a poor man whehter u deserve it or not.

u said it's "sad" taht his kids will get less than 1% of wealth. - hence my comment.

For me, Gates is by far the most admired person. I don't like ppl like trump, Bloomberg etc....

Good luck [/quote]

You have no right to judge whether or not I deserve to be rich.

It is SAD because unlike any other rich people's kids, only Bill Gates' will get the least amount despite the vast fortune he's made and I never implied anything negative by what I said so don't jump to the frickin conclusion my friend.

Unless you have anything constructive to say, don't say nothing. Your personal attack will not be welcomed.
Old October 19, 2005, 03:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Amla

lol, have to agree with you hatebred, who is he to judge whether he desevers to be rich or not?
Old October 19, 2005, 04:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

You have no right to judge whether or not I deserve to be rich.....
heh! alright remind me not to respond to your post in the future, My mistake!! I usually avoid certain types of people here. Now you know why we never encountered before

Good luck!
Old October 19, 2005, 08:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Now you know why we never encountered before
Good luck!
please, don't go for the 'Encounter' thingy..we don't wanna lose any off you !!
Old October 19, 2005, 09:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

guyz guyz in case u've forgotten the post is bout mittal n not bout the oral fight of hatebreedV/sorpheus!
kiddin
howeva huda i've got sumfin more intresting 4 this thread!
he is the third richest in the world by forbes magazine.
http://www.forbes.com/worldsrichest/ :source
Old October 19, 2005, 02:37 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Quote:

You have no right to judge whether or not I deserve to be rich.....
heh! alright remind me not to respond to your post in the future, My mistake!! I usually avoid certain types of people here. Now you know why we never encountered before

Good luck!
you speak of my mind because I know very well how to discard 'certain types' of people here who are just full of themselves and don't have the brains to come up with a better argument.

ciao!
Old October 19, 2005, 10:47 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by bombayrocks
well i just heard 4rm my dad dat a person called lakshmi mittal is the richest briton and no. 3rd in da world!
well i neva knew dat n indian wud rule over british economy!. [/i]
i heard of that guy.....he got into some scandal with tony blair ....btw, he is from west bengal...
Old October 19, 2005, 10:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

It is SAD because unlike any other rich people's kids, only Bill Gates' will get the least amount despite the vast fortune he's made and I never implied anything negative by what I said so don't jump to the frickin conclusion my friend.

Unless you have anything constructive to say, don't say nothing. Your personal attack will not be welcomed.
dude hatebreed...you dont have to be so defensive....

orphy was only joking...u cud say so by his tone and emoticons......do you know how much sarcasm i endured when i said nazmul hussain is my favourite player?? i never lashed back....even if i did, i wasnt so aggressive...

take it easy.......you dont have to listen to me but me and i am sure most ppl in the forum dont want to have a good discussion turned sour....
Old October 20, 2005, 05:20 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:

dude hatebreed...you dont have to be so defensive....

orphy was only joking...u cud say so by his tone and emoticons......do you know how much sarcasm i endured when i said nazmul hussain is my favourite player?? i never lashed back....even if i did, i wasnt so aggressive...

take it easy.......you dont have to listen to me but me and i am sure most ppl in the forum dont want to have a good discussion turned sour....

How can I be defensive and aggressive at the same time? Quite a few people have made remarks about me to an unnecessary extent. I don't mind criticism or a simple joke but when a person is being judgemental through sarcasm, I don't appreaciate it. You probably have the tolerance and patience to endure such comments but I dont, and thus my 'aggressive' reply to make that clear. Thanks for your concern anyway.
Old October 20, 2005, 10:50 AM
First Class Cricketer

well sum1 said i m a wall!( a gud comment after a long time)
tho gettin bac 2 posts,hav u guyz noticed dat he waz born in west bengal?
Old October 20, 2005, 11:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope Lakshmi MIttal is sharing his wealth with the needy people in India. With billions of dollars he can surely change the lives of millions of people.

I saw in BBC that he is planning to invest a few billion dollars in steel industries of India. That's indeed a good news.
Old October 20, 2005, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Classic Orphy! You are still alive eh?
Old October 20, 2005, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Classic Orphy! You are still alive eh?
hahaha...yeah, hatebreed's sure having problems coping..lol

to hatebreed:

chill, buddy. orphy doesn't mean anything. he's not passing any judgement on you at all. he's like that - most (not all) of his posts are meaningless. i and many others actually find it pretty hillarious. he is in fact the resident BC clown, and "loved" by all

i thought u'd have known by now (judging from the fact that u registered in june), but you will soon if you take a look at his previous posts.

orphy's just joking/playing around with you, so stop giving us the opportunity to take home a good laugh from this conversation.
Old October 20, 2005, 08:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
You probably have the tolerance and patience to endure such comments but I dont, and thus my 'aggressive' reply to make that clear. Thanks for your concern anyway.
your name describes you well.....breeding hatred everywhere......

its just that ordinary posters like me find it rather annoying to see you pop up out of no where and start an online brawl...

i tried saying that to you in a polite way but your snobbish & stubborn nature couldnt take it......

if you dont like it dont post here...if do want a proper debate dont use words like "frickin" or "bloody" unnecessarily just coz u cant bear any sort of humour....

ciao!
Old October 21, 2005, 07:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

well put tiger_man.
bombayrocks bows at tiger_man n every1 wid brains
Old October 21, 2005, 02:58 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
Quote:
You probably have the tolerance and patience to endure such comments but I dont, and thus my 'aggressive' reply to make that clear. Thanks for your concern anyway.
your name describes you well.....breeding hatred everywhere......

its just that ordinary posters like me find it rather annoying to see you pop up out of no where and start an online brawl...

i tried saying that to you in a polite way but your snobbish & stubborn nature couldnt take it......

if you dont like it dont post here...if do want a proper debate dont use words like "frickin" or "bloody" unnecessarily just coz u cant bear any sort of humour....

ciao!
You're the 2nd person after 'whiteguy' to assume my nickname has anything to do with my posts. I suggest you look back in the 'Bangladesh sovereignity...' thread to clear up your misconception.

Let me make something clear right now..... I never have and never will condone someone posting unnecessary remarks about me that you seem to find 'humourous'. Perhaps I lost all my sense of humour recently after another person in this forum already made me laugh too much by makin a total buffoon out of himself.... or may be I need to work on my sarcasm analysis skills till i go bald :bald:

There is no brawl goin on here. If Orpheus is the 'BC clown' then I am the same old Bangladeshi homebreed who happens to make a straighforward response to a joke that ain't so funny.

You've been polite, and I have thanked you for your concern not mocked you, so dude, take a chill pill and just let this lame argument die.

Ciao!