facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old December 7, 2010, 08:25 AM
Cricket Sage

so how about them Jets?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)

Old December 8, 2010, 12:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I don't see how Pats are stopped this year. They are on a roll. Belichik has done an astonishing job with that very young Defense. Its scary to think how much better they will be in years to come. I think Pats O-line is the most underrated unit. Brady is never touched and they have gone against some great pass rushing teams like Jets and Steelers.
Old December 12, 2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Looking forward to the Eagles downing the Cowboys once again.
Old December 12, 2010, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Picked off by Austin. Eagles have it ...
Old December 13, 2010, 01:17 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I don't see how Pats are stopped this year. They are on a roll. Belichik has done an astonishing job with that very young Defense. Its scary to think how much better they will be in years to come. I think Pats O-line is the most underrated unit. Brady is never touched and they have gone against some great pass rushing teams like Jets and Steelers.
Eagles to blow them away. That's what they are waiting on. Vick-Jackson-Maclin-McCoy run all over their so called "good defense". You ex play Asante Samuel to pick up Justin Bieber at least twice.
Old December 13, 2010, 11:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Old December 19, 2010, 04:24 PM
Cricket Sage

unfreaking believeable. How in the world did he pull off that run not to mention he dropped the catch at first.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old December 19, 2010, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

What a dumb punt to begin with. What was he thinking...Good return TD though.
Old December 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

That was an exciting Sunday

Beamer, I thought Ben was going to end our season, Rex got smart called 2 time outs and like an NBA Coach drew up 2 plays on the fly and luck was on our side and we got 2 stops. Good Game, we got a break with no Troy but I thought you guys got a break since Revis was injured and covered the other WR instead of Wallace. I'm sure we'll take care of business vs either Chi or Buffalo and take the 6. We can go into SD and beat them again but I'd rather play KC and than try round 3 vs the Pats

The Giants, in 8 minutes them dudes lost a Bye and the #2 Seed in the NFC to a Play in game vs Green Bay Next Week, alot of angry people here.

San Fran can actually matchup well vs the Saints, I don't know how a 7-9 team can beat the reigning super bowl Champs, but whoever comes out of the West ... San Fran has the best chance to beat N.O
Old December 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Nah..Even if we won, it wouldn't have ended Jets season. You guys still would have a lead in wild card over other teams chasing you. It was a great game. Jets had a great game plan. Kudos to Shotty and Sanchez. The KR hurt us and the safety was just dumb call by Bruce Arians ( who needs to get out of town ). You just don't call a draw play in end zone. You go forward, not lateral. It requires line man to move sideways and with our back ups playing in O-line, it was too much to ask. Still, Ben almost did what he always does, which is being money in two minute situation. More than Troy, the absence of Heath Miller hurt us more. His back up Spaeth dropped balls all day, and in the two last plays, he dropped the final ball which should have been caught, and prior to that, he actually got in the way of Sanders to knock the TD away! But, it happens. I thought Cro got away with at least two PI that was not called which could have changed the game. But, once again, thats part of the game. Some day calls go your way, and some days, it doesn't.

Tone got a massive reception before the game. We don't forget. But, when the game started, he was the enemy and was booed. He bowed to the crowd after the game. That was a good gesture. We wish him the best. He will forever be in the history books for this great franchise.

AFC is pretty set. Don't get met started on NFC west. It is a joke.

Going back to Heinz Field on Jan. 1. Not for a football game this time : )
Old January 5, 2011, 12:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Playoffs are set. What's your prediction guys?
Old January 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I can't believe Eagles are out!!! Why would Vick go for his 4th/5th receiver on important down like that, when he has Jackson, Maclin, Macoy, Avant. I think it was gonna be Celek the TE in place of Cooper or w/e his name is. But Celek got injured.

And how do you miss 2 FG?? That fool missed over 40 FGs in post-season.
Old January 10, 2011, 11:50 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Can't believe Jets got through (or Seahakws!!). I wanted one more Colts vs Pats!!
Old January 16, 2011, 09:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Since my colts lost, I am happy that Bichicheck lost as well. I love LT. But I think Pitt at home goes through Dallas.

However, Da Bears all the way!!
Old January 16, 2011, 10:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Round 2 Beamer

The Celebrations at the end of the game was nothing like I've ever seen. The Backflips, the Planes. Very Disrespectful

Serves them right for running up the score on us, they have an entire offseason to remember us now. A new rivalry is born

Manning, Brady,
now Ben doesn't get easier but Our Defense has gone up to a entire different level.
Old January 17, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Round two indeed cricman. A masterful game plan by Rex last night. Flooding the zone with man to man coverage by corners. You can only do that when you have two great corner backs. Pats are too dink and dunk and the middle of the field was taken away. Brady and Manning are rattled with pressure, but Big Ben is the opposite, and when everyone is covered, he will either improvise or run with it. So, we will see what Rex comes up with him, though I expect heavy pressure. Our O line is primarily back ups with two tackles out for season. I was so proud of the way we fought back against the Ravens in second half. It was incredible. Now the up and coming Jets for the right to SB. We will be ready. We have the no. 1 Defense, unlike the Colts and 25th ranked Pats D. Jets have a great ST. We have a weak ST. It is a concern. This time we will have Troy back and Heath Miller is also available. I am scared too death about Holmes though. No one needs to tell us what he brings to the table. And that Revis guy as well! I am beginning to think that Ben is a better playoff QB than some others who the media is in love with. 9-2 career record with two rings and the man gets no respect! Anyway..it will be great game. Packers are going from NFC.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old January 19, 2011, 01:25 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Wes Welker pays the price.

Wanted a Eagles vs Pats SB. But then at least Pats vs Packers, and wanted to see the Pats try and beat the Packers with Rodgers fully fit, but only to fail. Oh well. Jets vs Packers. I am all in for that.

Would hate to watch a Bears vs Ben superbowl. I won't even watch the game.
Old January 23, 2011, 10:17 PM
Cricket Savant

so this is where the cool people of bc hang out huh?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
Cricket Guru

Good Game Beamer, Good Luck vs Packers

This game hurts much worse than last year, At least I know in my heart of hearts that were equal with Pitt. We just have a$$ clown of an Offensive Coordinator. Don't know what happened in the 1st Half, Don't know how they magically remembered how to tackle in the 2nd

Big throws by Ben at the end, fair play to you guys. If we just had a bounce go our way than I'd be in a better mood

Are you going to make the Trip to Jerry's World.

At least I know my Quarterback has the Intestinal fortitude and come back after taking a monster hit and not quit on the team
Old January 24, 2011, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Cricman

Congrats to your Jets as well, for showing tremendous character in the second half. Believe me, we were sweating. They fought back manfully and Rex Ryan is a tremendous coach regardless of his perception. I am sure Shotty is taking a lot of grief. But, people here are bitchin about Arians second half ! Its tough job being an OC, anywhere. I told you a few days ago, its one thing to beat Brady and Manning with your coverage, because you do have the best secondary in the country, and quite another to beat Ben with same tactics. He will just buy time, find the open guy, or run it when nothing is there. Like the second INT, he eluded the rush, but Brown at the last second made a rookie mistake and cut back infield in to the coverage. If he continued towards the pylon, Ben would have had a TD. So, yes, little bounces or mistakes here and there end up being the difference in big games. All teams are on equal footing here. There is a reason why they are here. Steelers have a tons of big game experience. Jets do as well now. So, don't be surprised when the tables are turned in the future. Don't forget we lost to AFC championship games at home way back in 2002-04 to Pats. Ben had to lose first before he became a winner. Its gonna be exciting for us next few weeks. More on the Packs-Steelers match up later.

I wont make it to Dallas this time. I have a flight to catch early morning Monday ( Feb 7 ). I am two for two when in comes to SB and Steelers. We drove to Detroit in '05, and of course had a great time few years ago in Tampa. But, not this time, but Steeler Nation will represent as they always do. BTW, Sat night I saw Curtis Martin at a Downtown lounge. He was drinking martinis..

Go Steelers...
Old January 24, 2011, 05:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

That last pass was vital. Jets, 2 season in a row, so close. Rex's reaction after that last pass said it all.

Bear-walk stops right there. Hate Jay Cutler. He thinks he is good! Go home.. or stay home bears!
Old January 25, 2011, 03:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Two great games!! Although I wanted the Bears to qualify for no reason.
lol, Packers are favored by 3.5 points.

This should be interesting.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol, Packers are favored by 3.5 points.
Vegas sets the line in a way so that the Public will give equal action on both sides. The Packers have been the gamblers sweethearts the past 4 weeks.

1)The Majority of the Public Picked them as Road Underdogs vs The Eagles
2)Even a Bigger Majority Picked them vs Falcons as underdogs
3)So that Set of the Alarms to the Bookies and they were Road Favorites by (3.5) vs the Bears to get even action and people slight majority picked them again.

Also since alot of people picked them to win the SB before Preseason, they have backing of the public.

If the line was set any thing under 3 or if Pitt was favored close 75% of the Gamblers would pick the Pack
Old January 28, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Looks like cricman bhai is pretty well versed on the inner workings of the gambling enterprise He has got it exactly right. It's all about bookies making money. But, Steelers will use the underdog status as a motivation ploy without a question. Here is a 12-4 team, who have tons of championship experience, and yet they are underdogs to a 10-6 team. However, Packers are no avg 10-6 team, and you can argue that they have been the best team in the past month when it actually matters. They are going to be a monumental challenge with that quick beautiful passing game, something we do have trouble defending from time to time. We will see.

looks like super rook Pouncey is a no go. Broken bone in ankle. What else is new for us? That has been our story all year long. We have back up LT and RT. Both the starters are on IR. Now stud center is out. To put in perspective, go a whole season without Ferguson and Woody, and for a good measure take out Mangold from the line up as well for the SB to go with those two! I still can't believe we are in the SB ! We didn't have Ben for four games, Santonio was traded and we had only rookies and second year man Wallace as WRs, Troy missed three games down the road, Miller was out four with concussion, then we had the big brouhaha with fine gate, and here we are - back to the SB for the third time in six years! Mike Tomlin is da man without a question.

I don't see weakness with Green Bay. Maybe you can run on them a little bit, or expose the middle of the field with TEs a little bit, but other than that, I don't see any glaring weakness on them. So, needless to say, it's gonna be a tough task. We are going for seven, and I hope we get it.

About Santonio : His true character came out a bit post game. Jets need to be careful with this cat. He is a phenomenal talent but a bad teammate. He was quite all year because of suspension and contract year. He used to be late for practice here. He smokes all the time. He yaps all day to QBs about giving him the ball. He would have been a bad influence on our young core of rookie WRs. Once he gets his big contract, it's a matter of time, when he will have issues with a running team like Jets. I assure you that he will create problem for Sanchez when going gets tough. Hopefully I am wrong, because I loved what he did for us, and I was mad as he'll when we shipped him of for peanuts.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old January 31, 2011, 05:28 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Freaking Falcons! I hate Mike Smith! Screwing with Vick and Brees. Totally kept Matt Ryan in for whole 30 min, 2 qt of the probowl game! Just because he was the NFC coach, all the Falcons played pretty much the whole game. He started with Vick, just so people don't realize that he is a prick. I felt bad for Jason Witten. Leading TE of the season, didn't even get to start until like 4th Q.

On the other hand Belichick's side was fun. Even though his side got owned, he honored the true spirit of pro-bowl. Funny how he used all his TOs, when Brees went to knee. haha, everyone thought it was over, no one wanted to go back and finish the rest of the clock. And it was good to see him and Manning together. hehe