facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old April 27, 2014, 10:49 PM
Cricket Savant

BC is a good therapy. BC is my playground. BC completes me. If I leave BC when others make fun of me I feel depressed for days.

On topic: mod ta tahole hoye jaak....e bepare bilombona na korai bhalo. My suggestion :PO

Old April 28, 2014, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
BC is a good therapy. BC is my playground. BC completes me. If I leave BC when others make fun of me I feel depressed for days.

O
who makes fun of you? I havent seen anyone making fun of you..
Old April 28, 2014, 01:28 AM
Cricket Savant

Okay I am not sure if it is my browser problem with virus but I get 404 page not found almost every second I refresh or browse forum. Help??
Old May 20, 2014, 08:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Can someone please update the count down clock now that the India series is confirmed. Thanks!
Old June 13, 2014, 09:46 PM
Cricket Legend

world cup forum is a big mess. y is there so many threads on day 1? in an attempt to make things more organized i think it created ugliness....

i know somewhat which grouping each country is but i dont know the letter of group..what group letter is us in? y are the names of the country not in the title thread for each group?

whats going on....
Old June 13, 2014, 10:07 PM
Cricket Savant

eto chete jawar ki ache

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 13, 2014, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
world cup forum is a big mess. y is there so many threads on day 1? in an attempt to make things more organized i think it created ugliness....

i know somewhat which grouping each country is but i dont know the letter of group..what group letter is us in? y are the names of the country not in the title thread for each group?

whats going on....
Let's try this again.

Hey, can you guys add the names if the countries in each group to the group thread header? I'm not totally familiar with which country is in which group. Thanks! Oh, I'm just being an ungrateful bastard.
Old June 14, 2014, 12:28 AM
Cricket Legend

well why do i have to be grateful for sloppy work? the beauty of public forum is if u dint do it, someone will do it and do it way better....

i just wrote what i feel everytime i visit that forum, if u want me to be fake, i can be...

there are many other problems... for ex each of those thread links to a page from fifa which takes time to load...and has unnecessary info..... and it is not user friendly... ...
Old June 14, 2014, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Why do I even try. You and most others have a sense of entitlement. I'm afraid you just broke the camel's back.
Old June 14, 2014, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

but we bangalees like to ride a broken camel......cuz its our camel and we love him and we expect the highest performance from him even if he has a broken back....

u can call it entitlement i call it pure love......

i would beat the **** out of my son if he underperformed.....but then i take a bullet for him too... yeah? i think all of us here feels same way about somebody..
Old June 14, 2014, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

a scenario:

shakib al hasan scores a duck
fan: u suck, y dont u spend more time practicing instead of posing for bollywood
shakib next day in newspaper: our fan are ungrateful, has sense of entitlement, hey expect too much...the things that i have done for my country nobody has come close...that loser fan didnt do 1 millionth of what i have done...

fan buys the ticket for his next game....sakib scores a 100.... fan worships shakib....

moral of the story: if u are shakib al hasan our expectation from you is endless... u cant have weak shoulder....u are a freaken hero....

get it zunaid get it?
Old June 17, 2014, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

thanks zunaid for the improvement.
Old April 7, 2015, 07:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

You guys should seriously consider doing player smilies for Bangladeshi players
Old April 8, 2015, 02:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
You guys should seriously consider doing player smilies for Bangladeshi players
Donal Cozzie spending too much time in PakPassion I see
Old April 8, 2015, 04:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

I spend too much time everywhere tbh.

But seriously, player smilies are really neat IMO, sure there are some Bangladeshi gems out there to be found
Old April 8, 2015, 08:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Please disable my thread opening feature.
Old April 10, 2015, 09:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Please disable my thread opening feature.

Tell me who got under your skin. Tell me. I'll take care of that chump.
Old April 10, 2015, 11:19 AM
Cricket Savant

I am surprised I didn't get warning this month. Pleas fix it mods.
Old February 24, 2016, 09:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Mods, admins, and all other important people...

I noticed that there's no MLB thread in the "Other Sports" sub forum

I think the one that was there got sucked into the black hole that passed by in the first week of last December.

So, is it ok if I open a new MLB thread?
Old February 26, 2016, 10:40 PM

@Aklemap, go ahead. In such case, members do not need asking permission.
Old October 24, 2016, 02:53 PM
Cricket Savant

You guys really need to read this and take help from outside. And don't say that I can't bicker about it. Because you had the courtesy to have a suggestion box in the first place.

The negative attitude of the moderators is palpable. In gist, just like you wouldn't hire someone constantly being cynical and negative in a work environment - especially if it is a high risk one like industrial complex with heavy machinery- you shouldn't hire someone who is always opinionated, has temper, and lacks basic people skills to foster interaction.

Quote:
As I have said before, you must never repress your community. You must ensure that you moderate your forum effectively – this means adopting a laissez-faire approach and allowing your members a large amount of freedom. If you or your moderators crack down on members the second they step out of line, you will be sending a negative signal to your community that free speech is not tolerated on your site. You will make people nervous and discourage them from getting involved – hardly the ingredients for a successful community!

Forum moderators should promote interaction

The primary role of a forum moderator should be to promote interaction
http://www.communityspark.com/the-re...tors-revealed/

You might argue " oh we need balance between all the rainbowy and rosy people to balance with the 'realistic negative minded people' ". That's poppycock.

How will a workplace environment thrive if someone is constantly being cynical and critical of the members and that same person hardly praise others? Suppose a employee is constantly thinking of all the wrong things that will happen, a person will get his hands sawed off and be amputee from machine usage, someone will slip and fall... all these are valid 'realistic' excuses, but this constant negativity will get no work done.

Think about it. An accident happens or say a member misfires. A positive person doesn't overlook it. While a negative person will do 'hoo hotash' and say 'oh you will suffer, you will cry and pain in misery...blah blah blah...' while the positive person keeps his head cool, doesn't utter a word, immediately dials 911, gets to first-aid kit and looks for bandage...in times of crisis his brain works in clockwork fashion, while the negative person dissipates focus and energy.

Same negative incident, but two different responses from the positive and negative minded individual. One cleans up the mess in most efficient manner, and the other just wastes his time, energy and breath.

Being positive doesn't mean to be in denial, it's how you deal with a problem.

I love positive minded moderators like Jadukor, silent killer like RS and too bad ATMR is not here. These individuals are breath of fresh air than the old school iron fist dictators we used to have. But still a lot of nepotism is in effect and personal biases to hire people whom the admins feels foster the environment with their "balanced view."

The tone of some moderators here is of utter know-it-all and opinionated and lacks basic courtesy and decorum while they preach the very same thing.

I personally feel a revamp is in order from the grassroots and remove all the dead weights and negative people who were hired from personal liking of admins and supermoderators without an iota of knowledge about the greater good of community.

Also the same article:

Quote:
The biggest mistake forum owners make when taking on forum moderators is expecting them to police the community. Many see the main role of moderators as enforcers of the site rules, as people who delete posts they don’t like and lock topics the moment they run off-course. If these are the priorities of your moderators, you are doing it all wrong.
Tout court, if the admins and supermods have an ego that they know it all and they are unwilling to accept suggestions and feedback about what thrives a community, then you are all missing the point entirely.

Quote:
What I’ve learned from this experience:
1)Never reward a member with a moderation spot just because they have been an active/long time poster. Find other ways to reward good members.
2)Look for warning signs that they might not be a good moderator. Do they get snippy or argue with other members? Are they very opinionated? Do they have an even temper? Have they been ‘know it all’ posters?
3)Avoid mixing moderators and friendship. When things go bad it’s hard to separate the two.
4)Make sure you have written rules on what the moderator job is and how they are expected to act and make sure the see them BEFORE you make them a moderator.
5)Chose a moderator as if you were hiring an employee. Will they represent you well both on and off the forums.
6)Remove moderators quickly if they are losing a forum.
Some people just take the power trip for personal gain. This quote by another member is so true for this instance:
" Power corrupts...
and absolute power, corrupts absolutely"
Appointing moderators can be a pretty sticky situation if they are biased in such a way that it is destructive rather than helpful.
Moderators who are immoderate and partial are very destructive, damaging users' trust.
You can lose a lot of core/good members when even one mod gets rude/patronising/personal or is clearly editing in a partial or biased way!
https://www.seroundtable.com/archives/013440.html

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
Cricket Savant

^^ that's comprehensive. Covered all of the bases. Now gotta hit the grand slam!
Old October 31, 2016, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Match Thread archive needs to be updated....

Please and Thank you
Old November 12, 2016, 04:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Is it possible to increase size/resolution limit of our profile pics? 100x100 is awfully small
Old November 20, 2016, 07:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

I think we should consider a site revamp. We need to change the themes, layout etc. Bangladesh Cricket is growing now, and I think it's time this site grows as well. We want to compete with Pakpassion. Social media is big now, so we need to make sure our Youtube, Facebook, Twitter sites etc. grows along with it. I'm sure we have some web designing experts around. Just my suggestions. Promoting BanglaCricket.com is a must.