facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 7, 2005, 04:13 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default God told me to invade Iraq: Dubya

LONDON: An appalled, only marginally amused Britain and much of Europe has reacted with shock to an extraordinary revelation by the BBC, which claims President Bush confessed to senior Palestinian leaders that God told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

Late on Friday, the BBC stuck to its original claims, made on video and tape by Palestinian negotiator Nabil Shaath in the course of a TV series to be broadcast next week, even as the White House dismissed the allegations as "absurd".

Meanwhile, Bush, famously a born-again Christian and infamously pilloried in Europe for likening the ‘war on terror’ to a latter-day crusade against radical Islamists, was parodied on frontpages. The president was variously portrayed with a golden halo, speaking out of a crystal ball, or intoning, messiah-like from on high that he was God’s messenger.

The BBC TV series, ‘Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs’, contains Shaath’s recollections of meeting Bush during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Sharm-al Sheikh summit of June 2003, four months after the Iraqi invasion.

Shaath, the Palestinians'senior negotiator, recalls, "President Bush said to all of us, 'I am driven with a mission from God’. God would tell me, 'George, go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did.

And then God would tell me, 'George go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Shaath added that Bush went on to say, in what was obviously an attempt to reassure Palestinians that the world's only superpower was engaged with their problems, "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security and get peace in the Middle East'. And by God, I'm gonna do it."

I r re pre s s i b l e British commentators waggishly said it was striking that the Almighty appeared to be on "first-name terms with Bush" and that the president had let it be known that God addresses him as George.

Source: Times of India >>

Old October 7, 2005, 04:33 PM
Street Cricketer

Hahahaha, I see people making fun of Bush Bhai in forums...

Kee p it up. lolz.
Old October 7, 2005, 04:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by aliza
Hahahaha, I see people making fun of Bush Bhai in forums...

Kee p it up. lolz.
not just forums honey. world wide, in bars, libraries, shopping malls... it must be getting embarrassing to the patriotic Americans. Any Bush supporters here by the way???

If I ever bought some of his logic years ago, it has all eluded me now. it's monkey logic to me.

Read the thread "President Bush goes to Elementary School" if you wanna laugh.

cheers.

hey welcome to this forum. there's a male / female ratio imbalance here. we'll trash bush way more so you will stick around. we need a female perspective on all the retarted but addictive conversations going on here.

Edited on, October 7, 2005, 9:52 PM GMT, by whiteguy.
Reason: welcome wagon
Old October 7, 2005, 04:57 PM
Test Cricketer

oh shoot. It just occured to me Aliza could be a male. I'm sorry if that's the case. It sound like Lisa. No offense.
Old October 8, 2005, 03:12 PM
Test Cricketer

Bushes Divine Mission Link Denied!

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...eut/index.html

Although I agree that Bush should be ousted as soon as possible, it is hard to believe that he would make such a blunder coming from a country where religion and politics is supposed to be kept separate.

But than again, we are talking about BUSH. hhhmm
Old October 8, 2005, 05:35 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well this is what he actually said (which will appear in a BBC documentary next week), "God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq... And I did.

"And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East. And by God I'm gonna do it."
Old October 9, 2005, 12:02 AM
Cricket Legend

The country where religion and politiics are kept apart, did commit crmes againt Libya & Iran in 80s, against Vietnam in the 60s, and numerous other other cases where innocent people were bombed to death., and in one of those cases were Bush in power

Keeping religion and politicis apart is NOT an indication that the country is harmless and innocent.
Old October 10, 2005, 01:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

to be a bush supporter is to have an iq of 1
Old October 10, 2005, 09:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

hahaha! The Supreme Court nominee, Ms. Harriet Mier said that Mr. bush was the most inteligent person she saw in her entire life. lol

And we are going to make her a 1st time supreme court Judge (she was never a judge in any kind of court) by George.
Old October 10, 2005, 02:37 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Cats_eye .... it's never what you know, it's who you know. Specially when it comes to Bush. Roberts was surprisingly a good pick but this one is just about the worst case of SHOJONPRITI that Bush has shown in his two terms (and we still have two more to go - YIKES). His 'people' have been rewarded for compromising national security and commiting fraud (Big $ value) and negligence. It's a surprise that he still has such strong support among some groups. Kinda makes you wonder the intelligence and 'motives' of these people.

Watching Mangal Pandey (the rising) recently, i found strong resemblence between Bush & Haliburton (sp) with the then British Govt and the East India company. They are still at it.
Old October 10, 2005, 05:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

In the begining......

...and Now
Old October 10, 2005, 05:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Edited on, October 10, 2005, 10:22 PM GMT, by ekatturerBangalee.
Old October 11, 2005, 06:30 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

LMAO I see Bush has been smoking a lot of ganja lately!

By the way, since we are talking about Bush, God, religion and politics... let's discuss a relevant side-topic.......

do you guys know Bush was a member of the secret organisation called 'Skull & Bone' at the Yale University? If yes, how much do you know about the purpose and functions of this organisation?

You might say if it's secret then how do people know about it. Well, by secret it means the organisation's 'activities' are secret but there are some very controversial theories and information that has been exposed about the organisation on the Sky One documentary 'Conspiracy Theories... Skull & Bone'.
Old October 11, 2005, 09:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Bush follows Hasina...

I remember once hasina saying when she was PM that don't eat potato/onion (i forgot which one) cause its expensive...

Same by bush last week.. don't drive too much cause the oil price is 2 high...

He loves to ride jet planes (army)

She loves to get Dr. degrees

He says GOD talks with him

She gives theories all the time, seems like she got connection with upper level

Famous quote by BUSH to a convocation:
People who are C grade students don't feel bad cause I was C grade student and look where i am now.....