facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 6, 2004, 06:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Default New Zealand Team News: selectors reflect Bangladesh test-status doubts

New Zealand Herald

Quote:
His comments followed a Dominion Post report this week that skipper Stephen Fleming will be rested for the one-day series, and that his position as captain will be filled by left-arm spinner Daniel Vettori

Quote:
Although NZC have refused to comment, it's believed the report is correct and that other leading players might also be rested so they are adequately prepared for next month's tour to Australia.

Quote:
The prime contenders seem likely to come from the New Zealand A tour to South Africa, where Kerry Walmsley impressed as the side's best paceman, Mathew Sinclair as the best batsman and Tama Canning as the best all-rounder.

More "n" tier rumblings

Edited on, October 6, 2004, 11:57 AM GMT, by oracle.

Edited on, October 7, 2004, 11:44 AM GMT, by oracle.

Old October 6, 2004, 07:20 AM
amit(a huge BD fan)
Unregistered

a win over nz will shut these kiwis up.

go bd go !!! beat those kiwis
Old October 6, 2004, 07:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I really think that this time we will prove a point, Nz's negligence will definitely give us some wins.
Old October 6, 2004, 07:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

These remarks are from Ken Rutherford. One can expect some anti-NZ remarks in this forum in the next few days.
Old October 6, 2004, 08:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Could someone please remind me exactly which country took 45 matches to win their first ever test match?!!!
Old October 6, 2004, 08:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Could someone please remind me exactly which country took 45 matches to win their first ever test match?!!!
It took New Zealand 40 years to achieve their first test win, a luxury that Bangladesh will most probably not be served. They were granted test status in 1930. The supreme irony is that when they drew the second test in Dhaka, 1970?, against Pakistan, they had finally manged to win a series. Probably few Kiwis are aware of that.
Old October 6, 2004, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

The only way to reply to these type of "comments" is to play superbly, like how we did in Australia, which shut the mouth of many "Ken Rutherford"s and compelled them to swallow back their comments.

Our players should understand this situation and know the business - play with much seriousness, not leave the wicket cheaply.
Old October 6, 2004, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Nz was my fourth choice. Now it iz 1000th choice.

Well, lets see what bd players can do.
Old October 6, 2004, 11:05 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Well to tell you the truth, we didn't do too well against New Zealand in New Zealand, so such remarks above is not quite unexpected.

I only wish our national players are reading these news staffs as we're reading, or at least, aware of these news reports.

Besides, the only one day matches that were played between these two teams were either too huge, or 'threatening during innings-break-turned out to be huge losses.
Old October 6, 2004, 11:09 AM
First BC Member

Default The Facts in Test Cricket

1st Test: Loss by an innings & 52 runs IN NZ

2nd Test: Loss by an innings & 74 runs IN NZ
Old October 6, 2004, 11:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

NZ is not sending a weaker team for the test series! Why should then our test status be in doubt? It is our limited over performance that is causing all the stir! Insignificant people like Ken Rutherford is mixing our test and one-day performance. Why should we? Our one-day performance is really shocking..............No point arguing that. We were better in 1999. Did not improve a bit and unless due emhpasis is put into domestic limited over games..............we will not prosper. The sooner BCB understands that the better. We have no chance even against the weakened NZ team as far as 50-overs match is concerned. But I think we can hold them for draw in Tests if we continue to show the improvement that we have shown in the last couple of years.

Edited on, October 6, 2004, 4:14 PM GMT, by Optimist.
Old October 6, 2004, 11:19 AM
First BC Member

Default The Facts: ODI Cricket

2003 World Cup our best game in the last world cup in terms of batting yet LOSS BY 7 WICKETS

2002 ICC Champions Trophy Our best bowling performance, yet LOSS BY 167 RUNS

World Cup 1999 Our worst batting performance, yet our bowlers got some respect LOSS BY 6 WKTS

1990 Australasia Cup: Good performance by our batters with 177 runs, but we conceded 338 runs (loss by 161 runs)

In short, we don't know and haven't played against our opponents (NZ) too much so we don't know too much about them, plus they also don't know too much about us. Result: the above words in this thread (see the top post by oracle).
Old October 6, 2004, 11:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

If they send a weaker test team, it makes life better for us! We are now closer to our first win!
I hope they continue to underestimate us.
Old October 7, 2004, 03:57 AM
Cricket Legend

What has happened to Fahim Muntasir. Where is he now. Well just wait till they name the team. Stephen Fleming is going home because of an ongoing injury he needs to rest.
Old October 7, 2004, 04:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Also was that 1st Test the test where Mohommad Sharif broke down for his 2 year back injury.
Old October 7, 2004, 06:08 AM

We have nothing to do, except make a good performance.
Only a good performance will say everything.
Let just try hard and earn respect from them, by our own strength.
Till then?.........nothing to say but keep silent.
Old October 7, 2004, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Sinclair replaces Papps for Black Caps

One day squad:
Daniel Vettori (captain)
Andre Adams
Nathan Astle
Ian Butler
Chris Cairns
Peter Fulton
Chris Harris
Hamish Marshall
Craig McMillan
Brendan McCullum
Kyle Mills
Mathew Sinclair
Scott Styris
Old October 7, 2004, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope sinclair does well but bangladesh wins. I hope this happens. Go Bangladesh Go
Old October 8, 2004, 02:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

Quote:
Originally posted by amit(a huge BD fan)
a win over nz will shut these kiwis up.

go bd go !!! beat those kiwis
Ya, you are right. I am really expecting it.
Old October 8, 2004, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Afterall, NZ is not sending a weaker Test or ODI team. Fleming will go back after test series on health reasons, C. McMillan will join in the ODI series. Sinclair, who scored a double century on his debut is replacing injured Papps.
So guys, I don't think that NZ are sending a weaker team.
Old October 8, 2004, 01:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

yes Sam vai.. u r probably right.

and there are some more questions that come to my mind whenever i see someone pointing fingers to harsh-critics who make negative comments against BD cricket.

firstly, probably it is time for us to be a little less sensitive in reaction to these type of comments... i mean the likes of New Zealand Herald or Crickinfo negative reportings. Because BD has had both negative bashing and positive supports from all over the cricket world. The more we will react to the negative comments... the more it will become like bringning some garbage onto the dinning table to see whether there is something still left in it that can be eaten!!(yuck!!)

secondly, we can't really be too sensitive to any team when they judge our current performance and try to take the series vs. BD team bit lightly and form a bit weaker side to play vs. BD. Because it's our performances that count at the end of the day! Don't we sometimes rest our most prolific and brighter senior players when we play with weaker teams than ours? This will only stop when BD starts getting highly competetive.

here r some self criticisms:

# sometimes our performance is so poor w.r.to our background... that we do earn disrespect of all sorts!
## The team often gives an impression that they r even weaker than the 2nd or 3rd string teams of the topmost test nations!!

I don't really mean to say that these sort of Indirect Demoralization by other nations is anything proper at all... but it can only be stopped through actual high performance against the stronger teams on the field!!... not through arguements.. or being sensitively reactive or through website vs. website debates..

We need performance as first step... that may even be the significant last step that we need!!

Edited on, October 8, 2004, 6:42 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.
Old October 8, 2004, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

U guys already said the things I wanted to say.

But I just hope that nothing happens to Ken R after the series. Because last time somebody (D Hooks) made a HURSH comment to our National team like that is now 'Six Feet Under'.

I don't wish that for to happen ofcourse but I wish all the words like Hooks, Ken goes under the grave soon when they see our tigers play like a TIGER
Old October 8, 2004, 02:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by BD Tigers
...I wish all the words like Hooks, Ken goes under the grave soon when they see our tigers play like a TIGER
Exactly, like a TIGER:tiger: