facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 27, 2003, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Lehmann\'s racial comments last year

I'm reading Ricky Ponting's WC Diary and he mentions it in here

I already knew about the incident, but assumed that it had all been dealt with and was over. It happened when Boof was given out, and although I was in the viewing area and couldn't see or hear what happened, i was told be shouted f****** black c**** when he got into the rooms, loud enough to be heard by members of the Sri Lankan touring party who were in the communal corridor outside
-The weren't too happy, naturally, and Brute acted quickly, getting Boof to apologise to their coach, Dav Whatmore, straight away. Boof had come in fuming at getting out at a crucial stage, but when he calmed down he realised that he had been out of order, and at the end of the match he went into Sri Lanka's dressing room and apologised to each member of their squad one by one, something that cannot have been easy to do. On top of that he wrote a letter of apology to the Sri Lanka team. Match referee Clive Lloyd then got involved, but decided he was happy with the way the matter had been handled. I had nothing to do with any of those discussions; Brute told me what had happened before we left the ground and I thought that was the end of the matter. None of us expected to be hearing about it in the media the next day.