facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
Test Cricketer

No point sugar coating what we did on day one versus other teams.
Other teams ranked among 1 to 4 where we're fighting to play test among tier 1 teams.
This compassion means nothing really!
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Old January 27, 2014, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

We always play terrible in the opening match. Things haven't changed a bit. But I expected to see better performance from our boys specially after big 3 drama. The way some of our batsmen gifted their wickets was excruciating and wearisome. We gave big 3 enough ammo

Pissed at Shakib. He was set and was looking good. We could've easily scored 300 if he was out there.

This match is out of our hand. Draw will be an extremely good result. But it all depends on how well we bat later. Not expecting much from our 3 pacers.
Old January 27, 2014, 06:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
You can insult me as much as you want but you cannot deny facts.

Fact is that our players need understand how test cricket really is to be played. Yes it was an off day for us, but it did expose some of the important things like how weak our top order is, and the urge for the batsman to score big runs. Gazi was trying to play hero, and Robiul being a no. 10 wanted to shield a no. 11 batsman who scored a six the over earlier!

Fair weather fan or not, I always try my best to follow all the matches of Bangladesh. Even when we lost to Zimbabwe by a mamoth margin, I watched the ENTIRE test match despite the agony. As a fan I have right to criticize the team, especially when fans have sacrificed so much only to see the team win only 4 matches, that too against Zimbabwe and a WI-B graded team. I have nothing against our ODI performance because we performed well in ODIs, while we are starting to be competitive in T20. It hurts when we are performing like this during crucial moments.
So one bad day is weighed larger than the dozen or so good to great days we had in 2013 with pretty much the exact same batting lineup? Thats not even ill logic, that is propaganda.

I also watched the entire first Test versus ZIM. Do you want a medal for your effort?

We've been in similar situations twice against NZ and the batting clawed itself back up. They are more than capable of doing it again, in fact I expect them to.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 27, 2014, 06:50 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Like the guy said above, BD have been in this situation before against NZ and clawed the game back in second innings batting. Yeah the position we are in right now means we are chasing the game and will have to put up a rearguard batting in second innings to save it and draw. Bar a exceptional bowling effort, a draw should be the aim.

Once BD start performing better in 1st innings, which will be soon, they won't need to chase the game in the 2nd innings and instead can set up a win for the team. We've been drawing test matches for a year now, they need to continue the draws and slowly the wins will come. Stop expecting big strides....

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old January 27, 2014, 07:42 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

lets all jump the bandwagon....
Old January 27, 2014, 08:14 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib

Personally I do not care much about the results (You win some, sometimes you do not). What saddens me is the intensity. I would love to see more intensity in those eyes.
Old January 27, 2014, 09:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
We always play terrible in the opening match. Things haven't changed a bit. But I expected to see better performance from our boys specially after big 3 drama. The way some of our batsmen gifted their wickets was excruciating and wearisome. We gave big 3 enough ammo

Pissed at Shakib. He was set and was looking good. We could've easily scored 300 if he was out there.

This match is out of our hand. Draw will be an extremely good result. But it all depends on how well we bat later. Not expecting much from our 3 pacers.
My memory says we play our best in the first match, especially at home, and then gradually go down as our opponent acclimatize themselves.

And please don't use the off field drama as an excuse. It was because of good SL bowling on a sporting wicket (as Shakib asked for) mixed with usual brain farts by our batsmen and unconditional bad umpiring at least on 2 occasions (Nasir and Mushy) with iffy 3rd one (Marshall).

In terms of umpiring; it was almost as if these umpires from OZ and ENG were there to materialize their boards 2 tier agenda.
Old January 27, 2014, 10:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
My memory says we play our best in the first match, especially at home, and then gradually go down as our opponent acclimatize themselves.

And please don't use the off field drama as an excuse. It was because of good SL bowling on a sporting wicket (as Shakib asked for) mixed with usual brain farts by our batsmen and unconditional bad umpiring at least on 2 occasions (Nasir and Mushy) with iffy 3rd one (Marshall).

In terms of umpiring; it was almost as if these umpires from OZ and ENG were there to materialize their boards 2 tier agenda.
You can't say a dismassal was due to good bowling and a brain fart at the same time. We threw our wickets away and the lack of focus of the boys indicates they were in fact obsessed about off field issues. SL bowling was perhaps disciplined and thats about it. Apart from the snorter from Eranga it was basically gifted wickets. And the wicket is pretty flat, not sporting. If we can keep SL to around 400 we'll have done well, but we'll still be behind a ton.

If we can somehow draw this match, it will be impressive.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 27, 2014, 10:20 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar

I could be very much wrong but We usually play horrible at Mirpur, then turn things around and play much better cricket at Ctg. And most of the times we play our opening match at Mirpur. No?

Agreed on the 2nd part. Our batsmen really did let us down. Most of them simply threw their wickets away. But was expecting a die hard attitude that a test match deserves from our players since the big 3 are asking for our head. A solid performance could have been an answer to them. Not saying that would shut them off but could have been a bold message

About bad umpiring, totally agree with you. From Ashoka to these 2. Seems like we always play against 13 men.
Old January 27, 2014, 11:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
You can't say a dismassal was due to good bowling and a brain fart at the same time. We threw our wickets away and the lack of focus of the boys indicates they were in fact obsessed about off field issues. SL bowling was perhaps disciplined and thats about it. Apart from the snorter from Eranga it was basically gifted wickets. And the wicket is pretty flat, not sporting. If we can keep SL to around 400 we'll have done well, but we'll still be behind a ton.

If we can somehow draw this match, it will be impressive.
The reasons I mentioned was not for A particular wicket, I was talking about all the wickets and listing out the reasons. But why can't a wicket come from a mix of a good ball and a brain fart? Take Tamim's wicket as an example; it was good fast ball right on the his face which Tamim could've left alone, instead he chose to hook.

As far as the wicket being sporting; this was one of the most lively (perfect for pacers) with consistent bounce (good for batting) I have seen in BD for a long while....in my book that's quite sporting since it provides opportunities for both.
Old January 29, 2014, 04:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Sri lanka scores 650 for the loss of 6 and our so called quality test batsman could not score more than 232.

Our batsman need to look at lasting in the crease for 4-5 sessions rather than looking to score somewhere around 400-500. We need to frustrate the hell out of the SL bowlers and when they get tired, we pounce of them. This is exactly how you play test cricket. Take your time, don't play your shots if you don't have to. New Zealand former batsman, Martin crowe said: "Batsman need to bat for long periods of time, being able to bat for 2-3 sessions is better than sex"
Old January 29, 2014, 04:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

^
You do realize that the pitch was very diffrent in the intial 3/4 hours of play on the very 1st morning? SL won a very crucial Toss and a few decisions have gone against us, too. Yes, they have batted poorly. But, didn´t BD score over 500 runs TWICE very recently?

Frankly. I find this sort of threads quite disturbing and in very bad taste.
Old January 29, 2014, 04:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
^
You do realize that the pitch was very diffrent in the intial 3/4 hours of play on the very 1st morning? SL won a very crucial Toss and a few decisions have gone against us, too. Yes, they have batted poorly. But, didn´t BD score over 500 runs TWICE very recently?

Frankly. I find this sort of threads quite disturbing and in very bad taste.
Its the nature of dismissals that hurt me. Tamim got out trying to hit a six against a short ball, shakib playing slog sweep, Gazi trying to play hero, SRS playing as if its an ODI and so on.

Batsman only look to score boundaries. ZERO INTENT to stay in the crease
Old January 29, 2014, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

That shot by Tamim Iqbal just shows the mentality of our batsman.

15 runs on the board, need to survive for almost 180 overs, our premium opener tries hit a six against the best test bowler in the world.
Old January 29, 2014, 09:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Its not TEST status that we should lose, its Tamim who should lose his position in the TEST team for the way he got out for two consicutive innings.

What's the hurry? Missing a train? Needed to go to toilet or couldn't resist the urge to smoke? If as a VC he approach the innings like that, what can we expect from the newer players?
Old January 29, 2014, 07:21 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Kohli

With the new proposal i don't think you guys will get much test cricket and that might be a good thing. You should focus on your strong points and try to get better in ODI/T20s.
Old January 29, 2014, 08:14 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big
With the new proposal i don't think you guys will get much test cricket and that might be a good thing. You should focus on your strong points and try to get better in ODI/T20s.

Who r u to decide? People dont get big by mouth, they do by their work. India just lose to nz by 3-0 ... & one more to come.... So r u saying india, austrilia, England no matter how much they play bad... They will be still so called ( vhua cat fish)??????? Modetor pls delete this topic... Pls. Joi bangla.
Old January 29, 2014, 08:19 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

I understand what is happening to bd team now... They shocked by the news out there that bd have to play test matches with minnows.... It's effected badly in their mind .. Otherwise i know, what tamim, musy, sakib, nasir, mominul are capable of? I m sure we will fight back strongly ... If its today or next test in Chittagong.
Old January 29, 2014, 09:12 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricbook
Who r u to decide? People dont get big by mouth, they do by their work. India just lose to nz by 3-0 ... & one more to come.... So r u saying india, austrilia, England no matter how much they play bad... They will be still so called ( vhua cat fish)??????? Modetor pls delete this topic... Pls. Joi bangla.
No need to get emotional man.

Are you actually trying to compare BD to the big 3?
Old January 29, 2014, 09:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big
I dont think Eeendia will get many away tours and I think that might be a good thing. You should focus on your strengths and just play on your table tops with your slew of trundlers. And buy wins by bribing everyone to ensure #1 ranks and world cup wins.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2014, 09:19 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I dont think Eeendia will get many away tours and I think that might be a good thing. You should focus on your strengths and just play on your table tops with your slew of trundlers. And buy wins by bribing everyone to ensure #1 ranks and world cup wins.
Well if we are buying win that means the rest of the teams are corrupt puppets. Thats not our fault is it?

I know Pakis hate us but y so much hate from you guys? We have always helped you, direct yourhate to the real enemies plz.
Old January 29, 2014, 09:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big
Well if we are buying win that means the rest of the teams are corrupt puppets. Thats not our fault is it?

I know Pakis hate us but y so much hate from you guys? We have always helped you, direct yourhate to the real enemies plz.
What's with Eendianos and Peskitanians always claiming they help us and that we should be eternally grateful to them? Go get a life!
Old January 29, 2014, 09:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big

Hate? Hate is by definition undeserved. We don't hate you we treat you with the ridicule you earn.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 29, 2014, 10:42 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big

we hate you because people like you who come here and cricinfo and troll like this, to be honest i dont blame you or those guys cause we have our share of trolls too
Old January 30, 2014, 12:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big

Thats true but at the end of the day our fingers are clean and you eat with that hand because BCCI are too cheap to waste water to rinse. England and Aus don't engage in such manual colonoscopies as often and when they do they at least have the sense to use a good antibacterial handwash. [mod.edit]

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by Zunaid; January 30, 2014 at 03:38 AM..