facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 8, 2015, 05:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Sorry wrong section. Can someone move it to the cricket section?

Old May 8, 2015, 06:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

how is it different then iCL?..how'll they by pass BCCI?
Old May 8, 2015, 08:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Dhaka Warriors Round 2 coming
Old May 8, 2015, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Jayasuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/872447.html

Hope the BCB takes steps to safeguard our cricket and are not blindsided like last time. The younger players will be particularly vulnerable to advances. Some mind-boggling numbers doing the rounds.

On the other hand, players I wouldn't mind seeing go: Abul, Shahadat, Hom, Ash (his ban is almost up)
Spot on. It is paramount we start getting more A-tours to serve as incentives for national team call up to keep the likes of Rony, LKD, Mustafizur, Majid in the loop.

I wouldn't be so dismissive about Abul Hasan, he is still a very good prospect for me and just needs more exposure and a stint for an English county 2nd team or minor county would help him a lot to understand his game.

Same for Hom, hard to judge someone who is put in at number 8 and bowls pies where he really belongs in the top 6.
Old May 8, 2015, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Dhaka Warriors Round 2 coming
Will it be filled with out-of-favored domestic failures?
Old May 8, 2015, 03:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Dhiman, Mosharraf, Kapali, SN, etc should go back there, there is no future left for them in Bangladesh team.

Even better, this time Ashraful should go with them.
Old May 8, 2015, 05:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Can they pelase take HaBa as selector, DurJon (Dur-joy + shoe-jon) as coach and manager respectively? Thank you.
Old May 8, 2015, 07:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Their offers to warner/clarke match what they paid,but 200 or 300 thousand should ropse some players in,bangladesh don't pay their players like australia does and its poorer than the ecb and ecb.So they will have no trouble getting a bangladesh side.Its just a matter of when it happens?
Old May 8, 2015, 09:52 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

I don't agree with this ban mentality. It's all about money at the end. If boards are so greedy that they wouldn't let a player earn honest money, then player has every right to look out for his financial gain. To me it is unethical for a board to ban a player because he went to play another league. All of this banning business is because board/icc is scared that the rebel league will be too popular and take away some of their sponsors.

Competition is always good, there is nothing wrong with having lots of "unauthorized" leagues. I am sure ICC and BCCI will portray players and organizers of these leagues as crooks. We shouldn't make the mistake and judge players just because he went to play another league. It is players' right to play anywhere they want, just like we can chose to work anywhere we want.
Old May 9, 2015, 01:51 AM
Cricket Legend

With a lot of players getting on in the career who can blame them take ireland 5/6 players maybe 7/8 getting to the latter stages of their career coulsn't blame them for golden handshake.I mean whats ireland got to play for now.
Mortaza no longer at IPL i am sure he would be keen to get some extra cash and set himself up.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:04 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Their offers to warner/clarke match what they paid,but 200 or 300 thousand should ropse some players in,bangladesh don't pay their players like australia does and its poorer than the ecb and ecb.So they will have no trouble getting a bangladesh side.Its just a matter of when it happens?
Make no mistake...Bangladeshi players who made it to national team are rich even in USD....there's a lot of money they earn simply besides match fees...yes, for the players who have no hope in representing Bangladesh national team, the ICL round 2 might be a good alternative.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:06 AM
Cricket Guru

Our players, if given an offer, should be allowed to play as long as it does not conflict with national duties, idk why we followed BCCI/ICC's demands b/c its not as if we have loads of players playing in the IPL
Old May 9, 2015, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Does the Bangladesh Board declare earnings of players,i know Shakib would make a packet,maybe tamim the others not so sure.
Old May 9, 2015, 02:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Does the Bangladesh Board declare earnings of players,i know Shakib would make a packet,maybe tamim the others not so sure.
The amount of money they get from politicians, endorsements, sponsors, ads, sponsorships, bonuses...its crazy in Bangladeshi context I can tell you...but if you are talking about millions, then besides Shakib, probably no one else earns that much annually, but the other top players of Bangladesh, likes of Tamim, Mushfiq earn definitely in six figures USD if you want an answer..
Old May 9, 2015, 02:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
The amount of money they get from politicians, endorsements, sponsors, ads, sponsorships, bonuses...its crazy in Bangladeshi context I can tell you...but if you are talking about millions, then besides Shakib, probably no one else earns that much annually, but the other top players of Bangladesh, likes of Tamim, Mushfiq earn definitely in six figures USD if you want an answer..
Six figures, annually....in USD....are you out of your mind?
Old May 9, 2015, 03:10 AM
Cricket Legend

They are offering 200/300 for average players for top of dollar players they are offering a lot more.
They have a stated budget of 3 billion so skies the limit on offer.
See world cup,test cricket and loyalty being the only reasons to stick around.
Australian cricketers can make up 2 4/5 million on their wealth alone some of them.
A players in their 30's with family will find it hard to turn down.
Its not just bangladesh but other nations too.
Old May 9, 2015, 03:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Six figures, annually....in USD....are you out of your mind?
Am sorry..you probably don't have any idea on earnings of Bangladeshi cricketers...
check this link out
https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=3584550152344
....yes BPL payments was a big fiasco, but even without getting paid half or three quarters of their due amount, our top players earned a good 5 figure deal..like overhere, Mushfiqur complains of not getting 100,000 USD but he says he got $110,000.....same with Nasir Hossain, he was priced at $220,000 for the auction, but got only 25%, which is $60,000....these players also earn close to $20-25,000 for DPL (Mohammad Yousuf said that in an interview too and praised Bangladesh for that, I can show you the link if you want), now just adding Nasir's annual income for that particular season got him $80,000 (60k BPL + 20k DPL) without considering any international match fees....and if you include those with other bonuses and goodwill amount, that easily surpasses $100k for him, not to mention that the several ads he has alreayd appeared in and the money he has made from them.....collectively yes he made over 100K in USD...and this is just Nasir Hossain am talking about who made his debut in 2011...so gives you a fair idea of the potential of income just from Bangladeshi sources and not playing or participating in foreign leagues...
Old May 9, 2015, 03:46 AM
Cricket Guru

BPL doesn't exist anymore
Old May 9, 2015, 04:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
BPL doesn't exist anymore
Well, good to see you aren't denying the facts I mentioned. However, even without BPL, these players make six figures. Those were official figures because this was an organized commercialized tournament. But in Bangladesh, as we know, many things happen unofficially. If you are just talking about the official contractual payments from BCB, then of course they do not make six figures. But There is plenty of money that goes into the cricketers from all kinds of sources. It's incredible in Bangladeshi context really. Just because of currency discrepancy betwen USD and Taka, it doesn't seem much. I mean just halfway through this year, the players are gonna each receive around 70k USD from the 8+ crore Tk awared this year to the team....yes, you will say it was WC success plus we had huge series win, but just goes onto show that even the newcomers are getting impressive 5 figuress....as for BPL, it's resuming this year..but the point is, Bangladeshi players have already had the experience of sums of money of whereabouts of six figures and even more.....

Last edited by Ace of BD; May 9, 2015 at 04:51 AM..
Old May 9, 2015, 04:43 AM
Banned

Also, forgot to mention, you are hugely undermining the money our cricketers make from ads/endorsements/signing up as ambassadors of different companies and corporations....they aren't obviously million dollar deals....but these money collectively add up to form an appreciable percentage of their overall pay....I mean just 5 years back, you wouldn't find a Bangladeshi cricketer like Riyad signing up as ambassador for construction and laptop company....neither would you find a Rubel Hossain entering into long-term deal for ads with Robi...go and check Soumya Sarkar's interview too with the link posted in his thread, where he was asked on offers from different advertising agencies, which he claimed he got but didn't get the time to follow up because of the preparations of Pak series...this is jut for a new debutant in WC....so you've definitely hit the jackpot if you've made it to the Bangladesh national team...and definitely ICL round 2 cannot be a lure for these players if you cannot pay their entire career's salary in advance, say for simple calculations, 100k times 10 years,, which is 1 mill US. So suppose if Sabbir is given 1 million in advance, only then he might consider just purely on financial basis to join...but as Shakib has demonstrated, you can end up in millions if you are doing awesome in national colors and get noticed by foreign leagues like IPL, BBL....so overall....ICL 2 is gonna find it very hard to attract even the main Bangladesh A players who know they've got a very good shot of entering the national team anytime, or the youngsters knocking on the door of national team....not only that...the fame you get by playing for Bangladesh...you can't replicate that by playing for ICL 2....and for many budding Bangladesh cricketers, getting a chance in Bangladesh national cricket team is like the 'American dream'....so overall...Essel group looks headed for another disaster....
Old May 9, 2015, 05:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not a supporter of essel nor an agent but support its chance to exist.
But 100,000 dollars is chicken feed to what bangladeshi cricketers can make especially if they are offering warner and clarke 50 mill.
As i said they have a budget of 3 billion.
There is no doubt they will put a bangladeshi team together.Even if its including some ex players and some of the lesser known international players.
The former icc president showed BCB not loyal to India,including bangladesh fans.
I will go 1 step further bangladesh fans will support this team as well as the international team,and i gather there will be fan threads on here as it is a democracy.
The fact bangladesh has to qualify for the 2019 world cup and the t20 world cup may sway some players.
Loyatlty only gets you so far.
100,000 is piffel to what they will be offering,its piffel to what leading oz players paid.
Old May 9, 2015, 05:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Put it this way Bangladesh players those on central contract make more than Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Zimbabwe, West Indies players from cricket only (international)

But that doesn't mean some of the fringe players wont be tempted to play in this new league which is about to arrive soon. I see no harm. Money talks. Sure they will have sides from BD,SL,PK,ZIM,WI with ease. Why not? not all players can get into the central contract, not all players can earn alot money playing in domestics so why deny them to earn big bucks?

I welcome this league, healthy competition will be better for cricket. And, it will sure giver icc a kick in the backside to wake up and develop the game outside big 3!
Old May 9, 2015, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am not a supporter of essel nor an agent but support its chance to exist.
But 100,000 dollars is chicken feed to what bangladeshi cricketers can make especially if they are offering warner and clarke 50 mill.
As i said they have a budget of 3 billion.
There is no doubt they will put a bangladeshi team together.Even if its including some ex players and some of the lesser known international players.
The former icc president showed BCB not loyal to India,including bangladesh fans.
I will go 1 step further bangladesh fans will support this team as well as the international team,and i gather there will be fan threads on here as it is a democracy.
The fact bangladesh has to qualify for the 2019 world cup and the t20 world cup may sway some players.
Loyatlty only gets you so far.
100,000 is piffel to what they will be offering,its piffel to what leading oz players paid.
I get you...its nothing compared to some earnings of high profile stars...but the question is....our current youngsters in the national team, for eg: Taskin, Soumya, Sabbir won't even consider to join the rebel league if they are offered a few hundred thousand dollars....it gotta be massive....as I said, in millions...I frankly don't see how Essel group will be willing to invest a million dollar to lure even the likes of Nair, forget about even approaching Mushfiqur and Tamim....and 100k usd is what they "usually" earn...its not like the ceiling, with return of BPL soon, it's gonna increase a lot more...so yes, if Essel group wants to put in a million dollars each for getting Sabbir, Nasir, Litton....then they might consider...so brockley...if you can give me approximation of how much they are willing to put in on young Bangladeshi players, then I can give you an idea? As i repeated several times, anything less than a million dollars, our young players won't risk it....plus financial value of bangladesh cricketers in Bangladesh are on meteoric rise...i have no doubts in couple of years, their annual earnings will triple or quadreble over due to the new found market opportunity in Bangladesh to commercialize our cricketers through brands, which wasn't a phenomenon for our previous era of cricketers...
Old May 9, 2015, 07:43 PM
Banned

To give you an example brockley, the reason for Shakib's hype was he was the first Bangladeshi superstar who had earnings close to or over a million dollars in USD even before debut in IPL....when his brand value for cricket exploits sky-rocketed after becoming no.1 all-rounder in tests and odis during his 'rise' years in 2009 and 2010 and when awards and recognition followed such as from Wisden....this article about his earnings was way back 4 or 5 years ago, can't find it now .....so he was already a millionaire even before joining foreign leagues....the reason other Bangladeshi cricketers haven't financially reached close to him, is simply because they haven't been able to convince the foreign and domestic marketeers alike that they are worth close to a million...Tamim had the opportunity at the same time as Shakib but failed to capitalize, but again recently you'll see very soon how he and Mushfiqur are again flooded with offers that'll bulge their financial assets. 100K is just the 'norm', but these norms are rapidly changing with our current performances.... Let me see how much Essel has to offer to get in the youngsters from Bangladesh at what price....I think it's gonna be a few hundred thousand dollars max, and yes, you'll again see the likes of Nazimuddin, Farhad Reza join them because of their 'zero' hope to represent Bangladesh again.
Old May 9, 2015, 08:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

All for leagues/orgs that will take down ICC. I'm done with ICC. I hope these new guys taps into China/USA etc.