facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2012, 02:37 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Default Bangladesh vs New Zealand

Without wishing to jinx anything, Bangladesh are perfectly capable of beating NZ today.

I am sure we will come back to this comment after the result to see if it was true, but the fact is BD can win this and really should win this.

The side is better placed than it was in 2010 when the Banglawash happened in the 4 matches of 50 overs. This time, the squad has more depth, more experience, and for me, the right Head Coach.

The great thing about T20 is that it is unpredictable and any side can win on any given day. The difference between teams is whether they can bowl more dot balls than the opposition and have big overs. Both of those take the game away.

The BPL taught the guys to play and gave them momentum. The Asia Cup carried that forward. If Pybus has got it right he will tap into that spirit and use it to have specific roles for each of the squad so there is no panic - just simple execution of their plans.

I am backing a BD win today for those reasons. NZ are rebuilding and not the side they once were. The conditions suit BD. The ball will grip (for spin) even though pitches have more grass on them.

Good luck to the BD players today.

Old September 21, 2012, 02:51 AM
Club Cricketer

Like.

Fingers crossed.
Old September 21, 2012, 02:52 AM
Banned

ian pont and bangladesh zindabad !!!!!!!
Old September 21, 2012, 02:55 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

But i am bit concerned about Pallekele's pitch. It will suit NZ fast bowlers. It has got pace and bounce. Our batsmen will be in trouble if they want to play too much hook and pull. Not sure about much turn our spinners will get. Our spinners can't turn the ball anyway

Best of luck tigers !!!!
Old September 21, 2012, 03:10 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

BTE

Best. Thread. Ever.
Old September 21, 2012, 04:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Cheers...
Old September 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Test Cricketer

Yes we all want Bangladesh to win. Yes we know that they can win. Its about giving your very best for 40 overs.

Yes it is absolutely possible that we will get killed by new Zealand.

Please don't point at Asia Cups success and the 4-0 Banglawash to say that we should definitely win the match. This is a different format. This is a format where couple of months back we didn't even have a ranking. This is a format where 10 balls faced by Jos Buttler can change the whole game. This is a format where Pakistan chases 186 one day and the next day they cant even chases 111. This is a format where one bad over bowled by a Mahmudullah, dot balls played by a Sunny, stupidity of the middle order will mean defeat.

New Zealand are prepared. Very very well prepared. They have beaten India in India no matter the margin. They have almost chased South Africas mammoth target facing the likes of Steyn and Morkel. Our bowlers? Heck we do not even have a stable pace attack.

But we can still win. We can still win. There is no doubt about that. There is no doubt that we are improving. Yes its been told for 12 years or so but the signs are more frequent now. We love this team. We support this team. Regardless of the the result today, keep that love alive. Keep on supporting.

Believe.

Come on Bangladesh.
Old September 21, 2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.

Please don't point at Asia Cups success and the 4-0 Banglawash to say that we should definitely win the match. This is a different format.
I said this: The BPL taught the guys to play and gave them momentum. The Asia Cup carried that forward. If Pybus has got it right he will tap into that spirit and use it to have specific roles for each of the squad so there is no panic - just simple execution of their plans.

I was talking about momentum and spirit NOT the fact that the wins ages ago affect this match.
Old September 21, 2012, 06:32 AM
Test Cricketer

I got what you have mentioned Coach but a lot of people [and not just on this forum] keep mentioned past ODIs success while comparing with T20s.

Well we have just been toyed around by McCullum and they scored 191. Will need to have our best day in cricket ever to chase this :P
Old September 21, 2012, 06:40 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Sob ai thread er dos
Old September 21, 2012, 07:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Thread Phail

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old September 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Have faith guys. We can still beat Pakistan if we play like we did in Asia Cup.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Whoops. Kalam bhai raped us.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cricket
No we cant cause we lost both matches against Pak.

Old September 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
No we cant cause we lost both matches against Pak.

Yea, by only 3 runs. With enough motivation we can beat them.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:01 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr cricket
Thats a different format. Something I have been repeatedly saying. We beat NZ 4-0. So what? That was a different format.

Lets face it. We do not have enough power hitters. We do not have that one player in the top order whose name send down shivers among bowlers. A Gayle, Sehwag, McCullum, Warner, Nazir/Afridi [even though they are inconsistent]. Neither do we have pacers who can bowl pinpoint yorkers. We still have a long way to learn in this format. We are a better ODI team than a better T20 team.

Can we beat Pakistan? Of course we can. Its cricket after all. And Pakistan scored 186 but collapsed big time against England and Australia.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Rubbish, absolute rubbish from the team! I thought only the Bangladeshi fans were ever optimistic, but going into this game, people from all over the world thought we'd win it. But on what basis? Seems like our players, coaches and management are too content with mediocre performances, almost as if no one heard the alarm bells ringing! We lost to Zimbabwe, Scotland, the Netherlands, T&T, the cup to Afghanistan (lowest of all lows), Ireland and now this. Seriously, no one saw this coming? The team has been traveling everywhere, losing to everyone and our idiotic players go on and on about how they're coming together as a team. What the heck did you do in the last six/seven years then? Then you have the blind fans who go on and on about how these are just practice games, how our team is better than this, how these results don't matter. Better on what basis? Losing the cup to Afghanistan? Not putting up a fight against Scotland? Practice match or not, if they can beat us why can't we beat them? How much longer will these people be in denial? Absolutely disgusting.

I'm sorry, but for all their travels, the players have done nothing. Looks like the coaching has been inadequate, there are no plans, no one (not even the coach) seems to care that we're losing to associates, because at the end of the day it's all good. What the bloody heck? What kind of jacka***s do they think we are? Oh wait, they're right, they say their performance has been great and we laud that attitude everyday, doesn't matter if it's Bhutan or Mongolia that we lose to.

Bull crap show by a bunch of less than ordinary players playing like club cricketers. And people around the world thought Bangladesh would beat NZ. Well, let's see us beat Uzbekistan first.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old September 21, 2012, 08:15 AM
Banned

Thread smartly opened.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:29 AM

Well that was too poor for words!

Bowling was dreadful at the death, batting looks like nothing has been learned and fielding just rotten.

Tamim, Sakib have to bat properly as the 'stars" and not just be happy they are on "TV". If Nasir can do it, then the rest can.. he's only young but already showing up the more 'senior' players with the bat.

I am so disappointed by this showing. It seemed to lack passion or a plan. Conversely, NZ had planned to negate the left arm spin, McCullum admitted this.

Everyone knows about SLA from BD.. it's old hat now. Fresh ideas, fresh thoughts and a fresh approach required. Time to plan ahead and not look from match to match hoping to upset a higher ranked team.

This defeat has left me depressed. Shafiul looks a shadow of the bowler he was in 2010.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Rubbish, absolute rubbish from the team! I thought only the Bangladeshi fans were ever optimistic, but going into this game, people from all over the world thought we'd win it. But on what basis? Seems like our players, coaches and management are too content with mediocre performances, almost as if no one heard the alarm bells ringing! We lost to Zimbabwe, Scotland, the Netherlands, T&T, the cup to Afghanistan (lowest of all lows), Ireland and now this. Seriously, no one saw this coming? The team has been traveling everywhere, losing to everyone and our idiotic players go on and on about how they're coming together as a team. What the heck did you do in the last six/seven years then? Then you have the blind fans who go on and on about how these are just practice games, how our team is better than this, how these results don't matter. Better on what basis? Losing the cup to Afghanistan? Not putting up a fight against Scotland? Practice match or not, if they can beat us why can't we beat them? How much longer will these people be in denial? Absolutely disgusting.

I'm sorry, but for all their travels, the players have done nothing. Looks like the coaching has been inadequate, there are no plans, no one (not even the coach) seems to care that we're losing to associates, because at the end of the day it's all good. What the bloody heck? What kind of jacka***s do they think we are? Oh wait, they're right, they say their performance has been great and we laud that attitude everyday, doesn't matter if it's Bhutan or Mongolia that we lose to.

Bull crap show by a bunch of less than ordinary players playing like club cricketers. And people around the world thought Bangladesh would beat NZ. Well, let's see us beat Uzbekistan first.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
very very well put
Old September 21, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Seriously there was no plans, not a single one; didn't see any messenger sent during the game too which is a bit weird imo. All the top teams have PLAN A, B, C or even D and we looked like have only PLAN A and nothing else. Really utterly massive disappointment esp after all the hype
Old September 21, 2012, 09:04 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohli_Sox
Seriously there was no plans, not a single one; didn't see any messenger sent during the game too which is a bit weird imo. All the top teams have PLAN A, B, C or even D and we looked like have only PLAN A and nothing else. Really utterly massive disappointment esp after all the hype
Tbh i dont even think we had a plan A, the way Sakib/Tamim gave their wickets away and played so negatively was as if they had given up after looking at the 190 plus score, trust me even if afganistan was chasing 190 loosing 2-3 quick wickets they'd go down fighting but bangladesh didnt even have any real plan on how to go about chasing 190. They were just thinkin keep it to 160 or less and we'll chase it, anything over 160 we've lost, wait for next game
Old September 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Their only plan for the last few months were throw all the SLA's at NZ, they never even anticipated the fact that they could have played in a pitch that had no turn, but no they stick to throwing all our SLA's at them. Accompanying those SLA is one decent pacer, who can't even do death bowling and another pacer who just can't bowl in general thinking the SLA's will have it covered.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Ei thread pura kata gayer nuner chitar moton. khali nun nah, mone hoy pura bombay morich galaiya chita ditase.
Old September 21, 2012, 09:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Their only plan for the last few months were throw all the SLA's at NZ, they never even anticipated the fact that they could have played in a pitch that had no turn, but no they stick to throwing all our SLA's at them. Accompanying those SLA is one decent pacer, who can't even do death bowling and another pacer who just can't bowl in general thinking the SLA's will have it covered.
We really dont have quality pacers in our arsenal and hence we opted for all spinners but i thought the wicket was just as harsh as was kalam bhai favoring seam and nothing for our spinners.