facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

If Chittagong Cricket Board can arrange a whole tournament in Dubai paying for all the players, officials, staff for 2 weeks including those of Shoaib Akhter, Razzaque, Aidan Blizzard etc.,, BCB can do it too. BCB has the advantage of pulling Pakistani players which BCCI doesnt...

In fact, I reckon, BCB is the pioneer in having tournaments with world class stars,,, we had Waskim Akram, Ranatunga, Heath Streak, Jayasuriya, Yuvraj Singh in Dhaka League way before ICC even thought of this type of tournament... Heck, Afridi, Jayasuriya, Imran Farhat were a common faces in Dhaka leagues..

Old September 21, 2011, 09:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)
Default বিপিএল’র দল ছয়টি, নিলামে ১৪৫ ক্রিকেটার

বাংলাদেশ প্রিমিয়ার লিগ ‘বিপিএল’ কমিটি প্রথম সভাতেই অনেকটা এগিয়েছে। বেশ কয়েকটি গুরুত্বপূর্ণ সিদ্ধান্ত নিয়েছে তারা।

২০১২ সালের ফেব্রুয়ারিতে টুর্নামেন্ট আয়োজনের সময় নির্ধারণ করা হয়েছে। ছয়টি দল নিয়ে হবে টুর্নামেন্ট। বিপিএল কমিটির সদস্য সচিব সিরাজউদ্দিন মো. আলমগীর বুধবার বাংলানিউজকে জানান,“ছয়টি ফ্রেঞ্চাইজ দল নিয়ে টি-টোয়েন্টি টুর্নামেন্ট হবে। ছয় বছরের জন্য দলগুলোর নিলাম হবে। তিন বছর শেষে কোন ফ্রেঞ্চাইজি ইচ্ছে করলে দল বিক্রি করতে পারবে। ছয় বছর পর পুনরায় নতুন করে নিলাম হবে।”

সভায় সিদ্ধান্ত হয় দেশের ৭৫ জন এবং বিদেশের ৭০ জন খেলোয়াড় নিলামে তোলা হবে। দেশের খেলোয়াড় বাছাই করবে বিপিএল কমিটি। ইভেন্ট ম্যানেজমেন্ট প্রতিষ্ঠানের মাধ্যমে বিদেশি খেলোয়াড় নেওয়া হবে। সেখানেও বিপিএল কমিটির পছন্দ অপছন্দ থাকবে।

২৬ দিনের প্রতিযোগিতায় ডাবল লিগে ছয় দলের সর্বমোট খেলা হবে ৩৩টি। খেলা হবে দুটি ভেন্যু ঢাকা এবং চট্টগ্রামে।

টুর্নামেন্ট বিসিবির হলেও আয়োজন করবে ইভেন্ট ম্যানেজমেন্ট প্রতিষ্ঠান। এ সম্পর্কে বিপিএল কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ হোসেন লিপু বাংলানিউজকে বলেন,“ইভেন্ট ম্যানেজমেন্ট প্রতিষ্ঠানের জন্য শিগগিরই আমরা আন্তর্জাতিক বিজ্ঞাপন দেব। প্রতিযোগিতার আয়োজন, বিজ্ঞাপন যোগার থেকে প্রয়োজনীয় সবই করবে ইভেন্ট ম্যানেজমেন্ট প্রতিষ্ঠান। তার জন্য ওই প্রতিষ্ঠানকে সার্ভিস চার্জ দেওয়া হবে।”

বিপিএল’র নিলাম কোথায় হবে এখনো ঠিক হয়নি। সদস্য সচিব আলমগীর জানান, দেশেও হতে পারে বিদেশেও হতে পারে। বিসিবি যেখানে পছন্দ সেখানেই আয়োজন করবে তারা। তিনি বলেন,“আমরা আইনজীবী নিয়োগ দিয়ে প্রকল্প পত্র বিসিবিতে উপস্থাপন করবো। বিসিবি তা পর্যালোচনা করে সিদ্ধান্ত নিবে।”

SOURCE
Old September 22, 2011, 04:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Finally, something is happening.
Will be great if BCB can manage to pull it well.

Personally, I'd have opted for 8 teams, just as they are having it in the NCL format.
Dhaka can easily accommodate 2 teams.

In the future, I'd like to see a team from CoxsBazar, given they do build the proposed stadium before the 2014 T20 WC.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 22, 2011, 08:09 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Let's buy a team .... don't think it's tough... if 5000 Fans contribute $ 1,370 / 100,000 Taka each, that raises 50 crores. I'm sure that the teams will not cost that much.

No need for anymore investment, unless we are super failure with the team.
5,000? Well, if we can get 500,000 fans to contribute, we'll need only $13.70 each. But, I am afraid that only 50 might show enough interest to put money from their pockets.
Old September 22, 2011, 08:59 AM
Cricket Sage

I prefer:

500 Fans contribute $ 13,700 / TK 10,00,000

or even better (and managable)

50 Fans contribute $ 137,000 / TK 1,00,00,000

Koti Taka is nothing, hater moila in Bangladesh.

5000 Fans owning a team sound great, but not practical at this time.
Old September 22, 2011, 09:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^^^ Koti taka is nothing? Bhai amare kisu dhar den taile.
Old September 22, 2011, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

wow! it's on!
Old September 22, 2011, 09:51 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^^^ Koti taka is nothing? Bhai amare kisu dhar den taile.
Last time I visited Dhaka, Bangladesh (this year), I was told, not to even mention any amount (in any discussion) unless its 100+ crore (TK) and embarass myself. I was also told that 1 koti taka Manuser (Dhaka's) pokete pokete thake as pocket money.

The way I saw people (in Dhaka) waste/spend money that I witnessed during my visit to Dhaka, it supports what my relative said to me.

Comming from USA, everything looked soo expensive in Dhaka this time... from restaurants, to shoping stores, health care/hospital cost, land/appartment cost ( 6 crore for each katha land), supports what I was told.

Now the story outside dhaka (for the rest of the country) may be different, but Dhaka is indeed an expensive place to live and money flies there.
Old September 22, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Aha jodi BC er shotti akta team thakto! Bepar ta shopner moto! Shundor shopno
Old September 22, 2011, 10:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Last time I visited Dhaka, Bangladesh (this year), I was told, not to even mention any amount (in any discussion) unless its 100+ crore (TK) and embarass myself. I was also told that 1 koti taka Manuser (Dhaka's) pokete pokete thake as pocket money.

The way I saw people (in Dhaka) waste/spend money that I witnessed during my visit to Dhaka, it supports what my relative said to me.

Comming from USA, everything looked soo expensive in Dhaka this time... from restaurants, to shoping stores, health care/hospital cost, land/appartment cost ( 6 crore for each katha land), supports what I was told.

Now the story outside dhaka (for the rest of the country) may be different, but Dhaka is indeed an expensive place to live and money flies there.
Yes its mostly true. I saw similar things when I was there 2 years ago. My friends that are in unis now use Iphone 4, IPad and have regular parties at expensive restaurants. On the other hand, I can't afford all the luxuries here. I still use an old samsung flip phone and play Tetris there.

The standard of life has improved a lot but you can only enjoy it if you are super rich, if your dad owns textile industries or are politicians. Most of my relatives are regular middle class people and they struggle day in and day out with the rising food prices and horrendous traffic system. These are the people that takes bus everyday to go work and reach office drenched in sweat.

One of my relative said a nice thing one day. In Dhaka, it sucks to be middle class. If you are poor then you can beg from people and get rice and other stuff from government run markets. If you are rich, your life is like the Sheikhs in MIddle East. But if you are middle class you are stuck in the suffering.
Old September 22, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yes its mostly true. I saw similar things when I was there 2 years ago. My friends that are in unis now use Iphone 4, IPad and have regular parties at expensive restaurants. On the other hand, I can't afford all the luxuries here. I still use an old samsung flip phone and play Tetris there.

The standard of life has improved a lot but you can only enjoy it if you are super rich, if your dad owns textile industries or are politicians. Most of my relatives are regular middle class people and they struggle day in and day out with the rising food prices and horrendous traffic system. These are the people that takes bus everyday to go work and reach office drenched in sweat.

One of my relative said a nice thing one day. In Dhaka, it sucks to be middle class. If you are poor then you can beg from people and get rice and other stuff from government run markets. If you are rich, your life is like the Sheikhs in MIddle East. But if you are middle class you are stuck in the suffering.
Completely agree with your observation.

Yes it sucks to be a middle class, and may be that's why middle class is shrinking rapidly in dhaka.
Old September 22, 2011, 11:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

The disparity in wealth is widening. But once you are middle class, you will most likely always be one. Its extremely hard to move across the social ladder in Dhaka these days. Most people thought Stock Exchange is the route and some people did get rich in few days. But many more people lost all they had and are now penniless.

I sometime wish my dad was a politician or something like that in BD. I would have been be a spoiled brat for sure. Sharadin Yaba khaitam ar Club e giya taka uraitam. High and drunk 24/7. Ki mojar life. But morar por kobore bas khaitam.

Alhamdulillah I am happy with what I have now. More money leads to more evil temptations.
Old September 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
The disparity in wealth is widening. But once you are middle class, you will most likely always be one. Its extremely hard to move across the social ladder in Dhaka these days. Most people thought Stock Exchange is the route and some people did get rich in few days. But many more people lost all they had and are now penniless.

I sometime wish my dad was a politician or something like that in BD. I would have been be a spoiled brat for sure. Sharadin Yaba khaitam ar Club e giya taka uraitam. High and drunk 24/7. Ki mojar life. But morar por kobore bas khaitam.

Alhamdulillah I am happy with what I have now. More money leads to more evil temptations.

Alhamdulillah brother. I pray for you.
Old September 22, 2011, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
[/b]
Alhamdulillah brother. I pray for you.
For what? so that he can buy yaba? or get High and Drunk 27/7? or Spoiled Brat? or Kobore bash Khawa?
Old September 22, 2011, 01:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
For what? so that he can buy yaba? or get High and Drunk 27/7? or Spoiled Brat? or Kobore bash Khawa?
You know what I pray.
Old September 22, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:

nice consciousness..Thats the way to think
Old September 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Money is like sour grapes. I am saying all the big words because its easy and I don't have it.
But if I did had money and said the same exact words then it would be noteworthy.

Allah tests His slaves through wealth also. Some gets arrogant and pompous and incur only the wrath of Allah. Others spend it in charity and good use and that some money becomes a source of benefit for them both in this life and Hereafter.
Old October 18, 2011, 01:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Moyna, Cutter, Task

Image removed.

Last edited by reverse_swing; December 21, 2012 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: mod.edit: image from a malware site.
Old October 18, 2011, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

really???? that's very good then!
Old October 18, 2011, 02:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

Not surprised about Arun Lal's interest. He speaks Bengali and played in Bangladesh a while ago, so knows our culture a bit.
Old October 20, 2011, 01:55 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope BPL is gonna be Huge. This is a good news. KK news to hojom korte koshto hoy, I hope eta oder nijer kolpona kora kono news na.
Old October 20, 2011, 02:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

I don't get it. How can outsider like Chennai, Bengaluru be a franchise in BPL ? I thought it was supposed to be for our corporate houses or any foreign corporates operating in bangladesh in joint venture.

Does Vijay Malia or the owner of Chennai team have joint venture in Bangladesh ?
Old October 20, 2011, 05:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Kaler Kantho er khobor! Onno kono newspaper er reporters ra er kisui janena? Amar biswash korte kosto hosse.
Old October 20, 2011, 05:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

http://tigercricket.com/bcb-requires...t-company.html
Old October 20, 2011, 08:41 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Lets all buy a team from BC.

Boss- Team Manager
BK- Head Coach