facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 8, 2009, 04:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara & Ashraful

All 6 (out of total 8 matches) of the first round will be played at home. Obviously, they are thinking Ban may not make beyond the first round. I pray that Allah proves them wrong and Ban make to the semifinal.

Old November 8, 2009, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel
Yeah same here with me man. I REALLY want to go and hopefully some of my cousins in BD will help me get around. The only problem is that its during the school year and I will be a Senior. I want to graduate with Honors but one of the requirements is that you cannot have more than 3 unexcused absences. I don't know if I could make it to BD, see the BD-IND match, and make it back to the US in 3 days. Unless the match is on a weekend but still it would be very tough to make all of this happen.

An alternate plan is to have a "Senior Skip day" type thing on the day of the match, buy the package from Dish Network or something, sit back and watch the match on a plasma, while having my laptop with me to post during the match. Hmm maybe I could cook some biryani as well...

Edit: Well actually I could just say I am sick. But that sometimes requires doctor's notes if I'm out for more than 2 days...
And that is why you become good friends with doctors or expert forgers.
Old November 8, 2009, 04:44 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur R & Nasir H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
It will be EXPLOSIVE! What makes it even more great is that it is on the day before my birthday and as it is a D/N match the match should run into the early hours of my birthday. And I hope to celebrate it with the sight of my beloved Tigers beating the Indians. I just have to be there...I don't care that it is on my A-Level year.
Same my friend, im currently doing my GCSE's. It will be between my Alevels aswell btu i dotn give a crap i have to travel to bangladesh and watch this game live in the stadium, another game i want to watch is bangladesh vs england. Im guno warn my friends about it.
Old November 8, 2009, 06:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Yeah same here with me man. I REALLY want to go and hopefully some of my cousins in BD will help me get around. The only problem is that its during the school year and I will be a Senior. I want to graduate with Honors but one of the requirements is that you cannot have more than 3 unexcused absences. I don't know if I could make it to BD, see the BD-IND match, and make it back to the US in 3 days. Unless the match is on a weekend but still it would be very tough to make all of this happen.

An alternate plan is to have a "Senior Skip day" type thing on the day of the match, buy the package from Dish Network or something, sit back and watch the match on a plasma, while having my laptop with me to post during the match. Hmm maybe I could cook some biryani as well...

Edit: Well actually I could just say I am sick. But that sometimes requires doctor's notes if I'm out for more than 2 days...
i dunno if it would be worth it to just go for a single match. but hey if u can pull it off, more power to you.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 8, 2009, 08:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

well, if I can't go to bd and have to stay here in GA during the tournament, I know where to go for some biryani.....
Old November 8, 2009, 08:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazz1
well, if I can't go to bd and have to stay here in GA during the tournament, I know where to go for some biryani.....
Yeah man u are welcome at my place. Invite some of ur friends as well including Indians!!
Old November 8, 2009, 08:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Yeah man u are welcome at my place. Invite some of ur friends as well including Indians!!
No Indians, don't wanna share my precious biryani.
Old November 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

This is huge. OMG, can't imagine the atmosphere would be in Bangladesh, and in Mirpur Stadium.

Whatever you do or whatever the result is till 18th February, just beat India on 19th February, 2011, thats it.
Old November 8, 2009, 11:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
How come India agreed to play their WC opener in our backyard despite the horror of 2007? Daredevil? মামুর দিবানি খাওয়ার পর Daredevil হওয়ার মজা বুঝবে
Absolutely...চট্টতে ব্রিটদের চটকানোর ব্যাপারে শতভাগ নিশ্চিত...আইরিশ এবং ডাচদের দুগ্ধপোষ্য শিশুর ন্যায় স্পিন ভেল্কিতে কুপোকাত তো আসলে হবে পান্তাভাতের মামলা।

হ্যা, ১৯ শে ফেব্রুয়ারী ২০১১ একটি জমজমাট বিজয়ের আশায়...হাত তুললাম গ্যালারীতে খুটি গাড়বো। আর কে কে যাবেন মামুজানেরা আওয়াজ দেন বাংলা ক্রিকেটের একটা অনেক লম্বা ব্যানার ধরতে হবে যে...
Old November 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Auntu bhai,
Allah bachaye rakhle ar shob kisu thik thakle, Inshallah amio achi apnar shathe.
Its gonna be right at home, how can we possible miss it??
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 9, 2009, 01:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Best wishes for BD team. Hope they can move to the next round. Very tough this time.
Old November 9, 2009, 01:12 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Auntu bhai,
Allah bachaye rakhle ar shob kisu thik thakle, Inshallah amio achi apnar shathe.
Its gonna be right at home, how can we possible miss it??
Great. Insha'Allah we would.
Old November 9, 2009, 02:23 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash
desh tv must have some very high jacks.....
since I havent found the news in any other place
Yeah perhaps, they were the first to leak this news followed by NTV and ATN in their late night news, desh.tv is really good when it comes to sports news in BD. Anyway, the fixtures will be officially announced tonight at 08:30 BST in Delhi and Star Cricket will show it live.
Old November 9, 2009, 02:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
Yeah perhaps, they were the first to leak this news followed by NTV and ATN in their late night news, desh.tv is really good when it comes to sports news in BD. Anyway, the fixtures will be officially announced tonight at 08:30 BST in Delhi and Star Cricket will show it live.
Desh has the most number of sports journalist in compare with other BD TV channels.
Old November 9, 2009, 03:25 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Absolutely...চট্টতে ব্রিটদের চটকানোর ব্যাপারে শতভাগ নিশ্চিত...আইরিশ এবং ডাচদের দুগ্ধপোষ্য শিশুর ন্যায় স্পিন ভেল্কিতে কুপোকাত তো আসলে হবে পান্তাভাতের মামলা।

হ্যা, ১৯ শে ফেব্রুয়ারী ২০১১ একটি জমজমাট বিজয়ের আশায়...হাত তুললাম গ্যালারীতে খুটি গাড়বো। আর কে কে যাবেন মামুজানেরা আওয়াজ দেন বাংলা ক্রিকেটের একটা অনেক লম্বা ব্যানার ধরতে হবে যে...
you mean these:
(Pic taken with fellow BC'ers- BD vs NZ 1st ODI @ SBNS on Oct 9,2008! )

Old November 9, 2009, 03:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Cant wait till its 12 months before the tournament so I can book my plane tickets!

I guess actualy match tickets may be tougher to get....
Old November 9, 2009, 07:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh's Last group match on 14 or 15 March??

Last edited by magic boy; November 9, 2009 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: correction :|
Old November 9, 2009, 08:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

People, peopleeeeeeeee!!! When do we play South Africa? Do we at all? or have they walked out already giving us all three points?
Old November 9, 2009, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

The fixture announcing ceremony is going live on Star Cricket from Mumbai, our board president AHM Mustofa Kamal is also present there, players from India and Sri Lanka is there too.
Old November 9, 2009, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
People, peopleeeeeeeee!!! When do we play South Africa? Do we at all? or have they walked out already giving us all three points?
We will play South Africa in our last group match on 19th March at the SBNS.

Last edited by Razi; November 9, 2009 at 08:58 AM..
Old November 9, 2009, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi
We will play South Africa in our last group match on 19th March at the SBNS.
Yeah, there you go. That news article missed out on this one. Where did you get this info from?
Old November 9, 2009, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

i wanna buy the tickets for the first game right now!
BD-IND game to kick off WC, in Mirpur. I dont think BNS, MSBNS,Fatullah put together will be sufficient to hold the crowd
Old November 9, 2009, 09:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purbasha T
Yeah, there you go. That news article missed out on this one. Where did you get this info from?
As I said in my earlier post the fixture announcing ceremony is going live on Star Cricket, and BCB president just unveiled the dates and venues that Bangladesh will host.
Old November 9, 2009, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
i wanna buy the tickets for the first game right now!
BD-IND game to kick off WC, in Mirpur. I dont think BNS, MSBNS,Fatullah put together will be sufficient to hold the crowd
The atmosphere seems to be buzzing right at this moment here in BC, by the sound of it seems all the people who are outside BD from BC will go to watch the match, so I just can't imagine what it would be for the local people when it officially comes out. It will be extremely difficult to get a ticket unless you have other connections, there will be many people who will be ready to pay any amount to get a ticket, even getting a gallery ticket would be a dream come true.
Old November 9, 2009, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

ticket paoa vagger bapar hobe...jemnei hok ticket chai!!!!! \

varot k dhore dibani!!!!!!!