facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 8, 2011, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Hi guys, I have a desktop that was physically connected to LAN. Now I need to have wireless connection to that desktop as I can't have cables running around my whole house. What is the best solution (and cheapest) to this that will give me almost similar performance as before.

Should I buy a wireless network PCI card or an USB one? Can you guys suggest me some thanks.

Old January 8, 2011, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

^^i need a solution by tomorrow.. otherwise no hd pr0n for me.
Old January 8, 2011, 03:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Usb wireless adapter is the better option. You can get it for 10-15 bucks from neweggs/ebay.
Old January 8, 2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Should I buy a wireless network PCI card or an USB one? Can you guys suggest me some thanks.
USB is better by far, especially in BD. More room to move it around and get the signal through the thick concrete walls. See if you can get one with an antenna attached to the dongle, they have better range and transmission abilities than just dongles in my experience.

I bought this one for my mom last summer, and its great - http://www.tp-link.com/products/prod...odel=TL-WN422G

available at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833704046
Old January 8, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
USB is better by far

I bought this one for my mom last summer, and its great - http://www.tp-link.com/products/prod...odel=TL-WN422G

thanks ammar. Just bought one. Will let you know how it is. If it doesn't work - you owe me $20 dinner.
Old January 8, 2011, 01:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
USB is better by far, especially in BD. More room to move it around and get the signal through the thick concrete walls. See if you can get one with an antenna attached to the dongle, they have better range and transmission abilities than just dongles in my experience.

I also have the same one for my desktop but new generation (Wireless N). G routers are too old now.
Old January 8, 2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
thanks ammar. Just bought one. Will let you know how it is. If it doesn't work - you owe me $20 dinner.
If it doesnt work, get a replacement on warranty. If that doesnt work, get a refund! And it'll likely not work if you are indeed iDumb in real life in the information age itself! Basically, I am in no way buying you dinner!

p.s: After reading Murad bhai's message, I think you've gotten a bad deal. This one is the new technology capable one for as much moola!
Old January 8, 2011, 08:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
If it doesnt work, get a replacement on warranty. If that doesnt work, get a refund! And it'll likely not work if you are indeed iDumb in real life in the information age itself! Basically, I am in no way buying you dinner!

p.s: After reading Murad bhai's message, I think you've gotten a bad deal. This one is the new technology capable one for as much moola!
oooooooooooh rejected!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 9, 2011, 01:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

that's the one I got ammar. Your TPlink link and that antenna suggestion lead me to it. I have an N router as well but my desktop is very close by so it wouldn't really make a difference.

I am not as dumb as people think I am :p Probably not as smart as you but smart enough to date your gf.
Old January 14, 2011, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

hi ammar using the new adapter. Seems a bit sluggish maybe compared to direct connection or in my head I don't know.. but i love my wire free living room
Old January 14, 2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
hi ammar using the new adapter. Seems a bit sluggish maybe compared to direct connection or in my head I don't know.. but i love my wire free living room
Did you try getting the updated drivers from the TP-Link website? Especially important if you're running the 64-bit Windows 7.

As for sluggishness, the latency of the connection might be off by 2-3 milliseconds compared to an ethernet wired connection, but thats not enough to be noticeable. Maybe your computer just doesnt like you.