facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 28, 2011, 01:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
all of the pakistanis i've ever met - and I have met a lot - and granted these are 2nd generation US/Canadian born/raised people, have accepted and lamented that genocide was committed against us. the question is, how would they know this being born and raised out in the West? clearly, their parents must have told them, and this means that their parents told them at least the truth, i.e "we fought against them and oppressed them".

out of all the many dozens of pakistanis i have met, i have only ever met one who's views regarding our Independence I don't appreciate. and even he admits genocide and wrong-doing were committed on the part of the Pakistanis, although he tries to justify it.

i know pakistani denial artists exist, i've seen them post on PP...but they are very few and far between. i'd say, there are far more Bangladeshis who are allergic to Pakistanis than there are Pakistanis who remain biased against Bangladeshis, at least amongst the more educated classes.
aF bhai, as long as they do not repay for what they have done, I do not give a damn to what they think about the history. (I play cricket with them; but I do not need to get the history lessons from them)

We have all the reasons to be what you call 'allergic' and I call justified 'hatred' towards them.

Old January 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
as long as they do not repay for what they have done, I do not give a damn to what they think about the history. (I play cricket with them; but I do not need to get the history lessons from them)
Just to be clear, you mean 30 million lives in return of 30 million lives, a few hundred thousand women being raped, and mass graves being created in numerous places in pakiland, etc etc.

Good stance I must say.
Old January 29, 2011, 01:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
all of the pakistanis i've ever met - and I have met a lot - and granted these are 2nd generation US/Canadian born/raised people, have accepted and lamented that genocide was committed against us. the question is, how would they know this being born and raised out in the West? clearly, their parents must have told them, and this means that their parents told them at least the truth, i.e "we fought against them and oppressed them".

out of all the many dozens of pakistanis i have met, i have only ever met one who's views regarding our Independence I don't appreciate. and even he admits genocide and wrong-doing were committed on the part of the Pakistanis, although he tries to justify it.

i know pakistani denial artists exist, i've seen them post on PP...but they are very few and far between. i'd say, there are far more Bangladeshis who are allergic to Pakistanis than there are Pakistanis who remain biased against Bangladeshis, at least amongst the more educated classes.
Ok...first thing I should clarify is.... most of the Pakistanis I've met.....are 1st generation Pakistanis.....I've studied with them in the only OIC managed Engineering University in the world....IUT that is......and yes.....most of them admitted that there were killing....but when the discussion came to Pakistani armed forces performing genocide and killing 3 millions.....they denied this...and said that it must be Indian army doing the mass murder and not them!!! Well....Indian army (or BSF) is doing their part now.....but not in 1971.

I admit that we can't bring history every time we meet a pakistani national....in my office in Sydney, I've co-workers who are decent pakistanis.....but when it comes to 1971.....they just like to play ignorant......when there are hundreds of website saying what Bangladeshi's think about 1971, the war of independence.....they just don't care!

Back to the actual topic.......just follow Baundule bhai link to see what kind of research our beloved (!) film director Rubaiyat did on Biranganas.....and you'll get an understanding on why we are saying this movie has a pro-pakistan agenda.