facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 26, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluster11
I did not see this movie but got a good description based on links provided above. To me banning/surpassing a media piece because of the controversial content is not a wise move and probably helps such piece get more notorious fame than it may actually deserve. That being said, we shouldn't be restraint in criticizing such piece to our heart's content if it is using a major historical piece like 1971 as a backdrop and then fails to be honest about it. Nobody expects a documentary or 100% accuracy on a drama piece that uses historical tragic incidents. But any piece of such Art (unless trying to act as a children fantasy tale) at least needs to be honest with the context. The visual elements maybe nicely done, a director may appear "brave" to deal with unpopular theme in a movie but ultimately if the piece is poorly executed and doesn't have much substance it simply doesn't pass the smell test.

A good contrasting example would be "The Reader" which also deals with love, guilt, mass murder and the national moral dilemma. Now if we try exploring the possibility of a Pakistani made movie on this subject even remotely approaching this theme it will simply sound absurd. That is because in case of "The Reader" both the abuser and victim groups have more or less acknowledged the actions and aftermath and tried to move on. In the case of Pakistan - be that the government or the people, there is more effort on denial and blaming other factors than have an honest dialog about 1971.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you - this was one of the couple of posts in this thread that sounded like it was written by an adult.

One thing that I find amusing is how everything in us Bangladeshis bring a conversation back to the '71 atrocities. I guess it's true - it does take a lifetime to heal a wound - even if you weren't born when you were wounded.

Old January 26, 2011, 04:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Who gives a two cents about a film, more important is, is it made well, does the story hold up? Editing, technical fine details etc.

The Biharis did take part in crime against humanity and Bangalies but after the independence we Bangalies also took revenge on the Biharis and today the Bihairs are in very bad inhumane state without any hope and dreams. What we need to do is understand and accept the Biharis as ourselves today, we are one, we are all humans, these Biharis are humans, there is no difference between any of us, we are all flesh and blood, many of them have done wrong, so did we Banglalies! Now we should heal each other and hold the great concept of a good, loving and caring Bangladesh where we stop treating anyone bad and share our joy and sadness together. Two wrongs do not make it right.

We, Bangladeshis have the responsiblity to hold humanity at the highest level. We Bangladeshis should teach the world what Tolerance means and what compassion means, not because it will make us look better than others, but because IT IS the Humane thing to do.!

All the Islamic countries (maybe barring Egypt, Syria) sent money and support to Pakistan to demolish us and our dreams.
The United States of Amreica sent money, weapons and support to Pakistan to demolish us and our dreams.
The whole western Allies/NATO took Pakistan's side to destroy us.
China send money, weapons, food Pakistan in order to oppress us and destroy us.

Today we have to live with them and accept them as our friends and allies. Why, just because we are weak? No, because we know better, we teach the world that when Bangladesh prevail, humainty prevails, learn from us!

We Bangladeshis and Bangladesh have tons and tons of other moral, ethical problems, we are not perfect, we have to keep working on these, fix these, until each and everyone of us leave the planet. It's a constant effort and a constant refinement process.

We have to teach the world and it's people that with love, tolerance and compassion is the only way to survive, otherwise, it's a filthy, hateful, disgraceful way for a human to die.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Bujhee Kom bhai...........I can understand the greatness behind your words. I salute you for that. However, I beg to disagree. Allow me to explain.

When the whole nation is trying to unite in order to bring justice by finding people who committed crime against humanity in 1971, we can’t talk about forgiveness. Not now. It gives a different message. We need justice on what has happened in 1971. JUSTICE.

Most of the Pakistani’s I know never accepted the fact that they performed genocide on Bengali civilians during the war. Since, they

1. Don’t care on what has happened in 1971
2. The Pakistani Armed forces or their local collaborators never accepted their crime and begged for forgiveness

Why should we become soft on them?

There’s a difference between Greatness and Weakness. If you don’t bring the criminals under justice mechanism, the criminals will always think they got away because the victims were weak (not great) and keep committing crimes on others.

I’d like to quote one of Rabindranath’s line “ Onnay je kore, ar onnay je sohe, Tobo ghrina jeno tare, trinisomo dohe”.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist
Bujhee Kom bhai...........I can understand the greatness behind your words. I salute you for that. However, I beg to disagree. Allow me to explain.

When the whole nation is trying to unite in order to bring justice by finding people who committed crime against humanity in 1971, we can’t talk about forgiveness. Not now. It gives a different message. We need justice on what has happened in 1971. JUSTICE.

Most of the Pakistani’s I know never accepted the fact that they performed genocide on Bengali civilians during the war. Since, they

1. Don’t care on what has happened in 1971
2. The Pakistani Armed forces or their local collaborators never accepted their crime and begged for forgiveness

There’s a difference between Greatness and Weakness. If don’t bring the criminals under justice, the criminals will always think they got away because the victims were weak (not great) and keep committing crimes on others.

I’d like to quote one of Rabindranath’s line “ Onnay je kore, ar onnay je sohe, Tobo ghrina jeno tare, trinisomo dohe”.
Who are "them"? Who are these so called "criminals"? Are you referring to whole nation of Pakistan just to be clear?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 26, 2011, 07:19 PM
Cricket Savant

And that was one of the most sincere HUMANE speech I have heard in the forum - the one by bujhee kom bhai.

Old January 26, 2011, 07:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Who are "them"? Who are these so called "criminals"? Are you referring to whole nation of Pakistan just to be clear?
I see. Although you haven’t answered my post dedicated to you (post 13), I’ll try to answer your question.

To clarify what I meant by them/criminals was “the Pakistani forces and their local collaborators who committed war crimes in 1971”.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:04 PM

Dear Javed, as usual another nice speech. But unfortunately well off topic [the movie and its theme], off target [miserable fate of Biharies and our lack of effort towards them came as side topic, BC has several threads on this issue too] as I found it.

And Dear cluster11 you have said it better that I could have thought, thanks.
Old January 26, 2011, 09:16 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Well...well...well....no offence Zee bro but I think you really need to read our history of independence. How can you even compare '9/11' with a 9 months long full scale war of independence where approx. 3 million of our own people got massacred (brutally killed), 200000 women got raped by Pakistani soldiers (mainly), biharis and razakars, and nearly 8-10 million people fled the country to seek safety in India. My own family members fought against the Pak army and several got killed. Please don't dare to compare this genoside with your 9/11 drama.

A good read can start from Wikipedia and there are numerous others when you finish that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_Bangladesh_atrocities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Liberation_War

On biharis....what can I say....Allah will judge what they did...but when I see the present day biharis....majority of them still think themselves as the citizens of Pakistan (while living in the slams in Bangladesh) and Pakistan never wanted them to begin with.....I feel pity for them (and anger as well)...
"My" 9/11 drama?

Before I respond I like to say I am on the same boat as you and it's my country as well with all the history tied to it. You may be emotionally very charged up and may be lose the objectivity of it but I will try my best not to be insensitive or launch ad hominem attacks.

Dear Alchemist,

If you want to twist my and Javed bhai's words that's your problem. I was not comparing the incidents rather the residual effects of the incidents. There is a difference. Second thing you twisted is you wrote to Javed bhai that:

Quote:
creating a "us" versus "them" separation making it seem like Javed bhai was an apologist for the Pakistani war criminals. No where in his post he hinted that.

It's sad to see so many Bangladeshi people are:
more interested in problems than solutions
more interested in violent escape routes than non-violence
more interested in revenge and retribution than forgiveness

If I am not putting words in Javed bhai's speech than his point was to pay more attention to the latter than the former and be a role model in humanity to the rest of the world. But still some of us want violence, revenge, problems than peace and forgiveness. It is the same mentality that breeds war on war and caused America to retaliate against Iraqis recycling in further hatred and violence.

Thus I whole heartedly echo Javed bhai's peaceful sermon.

This is not a competition about comparing "MY" events -where you seem to indicate I have my own agenda- to "YOUR" ones. This sort of rationale is very puerile if not foolish.

How many of you are clamoring here on this thread about "crimes against inhumanity" are actually doing something about it? Have you written to your Congressman to stop killing innocent illegal aliens of Mexican origins? Have you raised any awareness of the millions of Jewish extermination? Or how about the slavery issue where black people came to America in vessels with space as small as a coffin where they shat and pissed on each other? Or do those people do not "count"? What about the Hutus and Tutsis? Are you writing to your local newspaper?

But it's not about playing "holier than thou card" either because I haven't done anything either. I lost my reverence for a local imam when he declared lot of MUSLIMS were affected in a disaster in India (about six seven years ago). Why is it that if the people who suffer who are not muslims or Bangladeshi that their suffering doesn't bring any attention?

As I said it's NOT about looking for more problems than solutions. It's about setting our indifference aside, coming to terms for a greater cause than our trivial self and uniting to solve those problems for benefit of mankind and global peace.

But we can never do that unless we ourselves aren't united.

[This will most likely be my last message in this thread as it is NOT my intention to spin off of this incident for personal intellectual debates. If I offended anyone I apologize.]

Old January 26, 2011, 09:24 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe

I haven't seen the movie myself but prothom alo te pore ja mone holo...ta lojja jonok...ei rokom akta movie kibhabe banano holo ar sheta censor board er kache kichui mone holo na? hai re bangali...kobe tora bhalo hobi...

amaderVideo.com
Old January 26, 2011, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

The following comment from that site seems to have got it right:

Quote:
১৬ | লিখেছেন কানা বাবা [অতিথি] (তারিখ: বুধ, ২৬ জ্যান ২০১১, ০২:৫০ AM)
না দেখে বর্জন করাটা কি ঠিক হবে? আর যুদ্ধ এমনই একটি বড় ব্যাপার যা কিনা একটি পূর্ণদৈর্ঘ্য ছবিতে ধারন করা যায় না, আর তাই অনেক সময়ই চলচ্চিত্র নির্মাতারা বড় ক্যানভাসের একটি ছোট খন্ড ঘটনাকে নিয়ে ছবি বানায়। মেহেরজানও হয়তো এমনই একটি খন্ড ঘটনার চলচ্চিত্রায়ন, যা কোন ভাবেই সমগ্র যুদ্ধ ও যুদ্ধের প্রক্ষাপটকে ধারন করে না। তাই বলে ছবি বর্জন করাটা একটু বেশিই হয়ে যাবে হয়তো। আর তাই আমি দেখতে চাই - শুধু আমার পূর্বপুরুষের বীরত্ব নয়, তাদের কাপুরুষতা, আপোষকামিতা - সবই দেখতে চাই।
It's just a movie; as a nation we should be secure enough of our identity and our history to not censor POV's that deviate from the norm.
Old January 26, 2011, 10:33 PM
First Class Cricketer

Dear ZeeshanM

Thanks for your response. Could you please indicate where exactly did I twist your and Javed bhai’s words?

At the beginning of my post, I’ve shown full respect to Javed bhai’s words. What I am trying to say is: before you can get peace, you’ve to identify the problems and stand against them. Before you can find THE solution, you’ve to find out what’s right and what’s wrong within the context.

The context here is, a group of Bangladeshi film crews (where the director Rubaiyat Hossain is the daughter of the current Transport Minister Syed Abul Hossain of AL Govt.) have made a movie where they’ve shown a Pakistani soldier- Bengali young women love story while ignoring the actual theme of our liberation war. At the same time, a group of pro-pakistan people started saying in the BD media, forget the past and let’s just, move on. SORRY, we can’t just move on when there are victims of the war crying for justice.

It seems you’ve portrayed me as a narrow minded person who’s trying to spread hatred here in BC with my personal AGENDA. If that’s the case, you’ve got it horribly wrong. Asking for justice can’t be wrong as the intention behind it is to find the truth, which a lot of people are unaware of. I’m also a supporter of global peace, but how can you achieve that without bringing justice in the world?

Finding the right solution is the end state of a process. Before that you’ve to go through the identification and analysis of the PROBLEMS, how punishing it may be but that’s the way reality is.

To Javed bhai, I hope you understand what I’m trying to say. And please indicate where exactly I’ve twisted your words what Zeeshan bhai is accusing me for.
Old January 26, 2011, 10:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
The following comment from that site seems to have got it right:

It's just a movie; as a nation we should be secure enough of our identity and our history to not censor POV's that deviate from the norm.

On the other hand, I think Himu has got it right.

Quote:
১ | লিখেছেন হিমু (তারিখ: বুধ, ২৬ জ্যান ২০১১, ১২:৫২ AM)
এই পোস্টটি ফেসবুকে শেয়ার করি সবাই, আসুন।

ইউটিউবে একটা ট্রেলার পাওয়া যাচ্ছে এই সিনেমার। যেটা দেখে মনে হয়, ১৯৭১ ছিলো একধরনের বনভোজনের মৌসুম, আর তখন বাংলাদেশের কিশোরী-তরুণীরা পাকিস্তানী সেনাদের সাথে শৃঙ্গার আর মৈথুনাভিচারের সুযোগ নিতো।
Old January 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Of course you do, I got that from your previous posts. Didn't have to reiterate.
Old January 27, 2011, 12:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

EbaDouche Rahman, the misogynist of the Bangla "novel" দাস কাপিটাল fame, is the perfect example of deeply disturbed mediocrity pretending to be avant garde intelligence by appearing articulate and "semiotext(e)ually" hip to even dumber folks, wrote this flatus. The fact that he's a disgusting human being coming from the type of "Bangali" family he comes from, obviously couldn't kill enough of those eating Bandu Khan Kebabs on Clifton Beach in the 70s, just adds to it all. The less said about his groupie, the bimbo grand-daughter of Atroshir Pir who directed this thing, the better! OF COURSE there is an agenda but the content itself comes first.

No reasonable person is talking about banning the movie and folks ought to see this piece of crappola before seriously commenting on it. The content is enough to separate the decent from the indecent.

Some relevant excerpts:

Quote:
প্রিয় পাঠক, তার মানে আমরা কি চাইছি ছবিটি নিষিদ্ধ করা হোক, কিংবা এর প্রদর্শনী বন্ধ করা হোক? না, মোটেও তা নয়। আমরা নিষিদ্ধের বিপক্ষে। আমরা মনে করি, চিন্তা আর সৃষ্টি প্রকাশের সব জানালা-দরজা খোলা থাকুক। এটি খোলা রাখতে হবে আলো-বাতাস আসার জন্য,... সঙ্গে ধুলোবালি তো কিছু আসবেই। জাতির জন্য প্রতারণাপূর্ণ আর মুক্তিযোদ্ধাদের প্রতি অবমাননাকর এই ছবিটি না হয় ধুলোবালি হিসেবেই থাকুক। নতুন প্রজন্ম ঠিকই বুঝে নেবে প্রকৃত সত্য।

লেখকবৃন্দ: ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষক, শিল্পী ও একাত্তরের মুক্তিযোদ্ধা-বীরাঙ্গনা

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...26/news/126403
Quote:
Some viewers will be irked by a perceived assault on the honour of history, but for me the dissatisfaction instead is with the celluloid execution. Scenarios are built as a dissociated dollhouse, within which the ugly context is a force-fit and the attempt at counter-narrative loses its way. The brutality of genocide and the geography of ravage vanish, while starry-eyed lovers stroll, undisturbed, through mustard fields.

http://unheardvoice.net/blog/2011/01/23/meherjaan/
Also:

Quote:
সিনামাঠাকুর

লালনরে নিয়া গৌতম ঘোষ সিনামা করল। সেইটার নাম রাখল ‘মনের মানুষ’। সেই সিনামায় জ্যোতিরিন্দ্রনাথ ঠাকুর বলে - যেহেতু সে জানতই না দেশে লালনের মত রত্ন আছে সেহেতু লালনকে এই প্রশ্ন - আপনার জন্য কী করতে পারি বলুন? লালনের উত্তর সিনামাখান দেখলেই জানবেন। যা জানবেন না সেইটা হইল লালন আসলে কী বলছে।

বাঞ্ছা করি লালন এই কথা বলছিল: কিছুই করার দরকার নাই গো ঠাকুর, খালি পারলে আমারে নিয়া আর সিনামাটিনামা বানায়েন না।

ঠাকুর কথা রাখে নাই।

তারা কথা রাখে না। বড়লোকের নাতিরা আমাদের উপর সিনামা কইরা দেয়। কেউ কেউ নিশ্চয়ই চায়, তারা এইসব আর না করুক। কিন্তু তারা আমাদের রেয়াত দিবে ক্যান? তাই একদিন আমাদের উপর ‘মেহেরজান’ নামের সিনামা কইরা দিল বড়লোকের নাতিরা।

কারা এই বড়লোকের নাতি

বড়লোকের নাতি কি কোনো গালি? যেকোনো কিছুর নাতি হওয়া কি দোষের? জন্মে তো কারো হাত নাই। তাইলে আসো, এই বিষয়টা নিয়া একটু ভাবি। বড়লোক বড় কারণ সে পূঁজির মালিক। যার কাছে যত পূঁজি সে তত বড়লোক। বড়লোকের নাতি জন্ম থাইকা পূঁজি হাতে পায়। দিনকাল ভাল থাকলে সে ঐ পূঁজির উপব্যবস্থাপক হয়া উঠে। বড়লোকের নাতি অর্থ পুঁজির উপব্যবস্থাপক। পুঁজি হারাম হইলে সে হারামিপনা করে। হালাল হইলে হালালিপনা। আর হারাম না হালাল বুঝা না গেলে, স্রেফ উপব্যবস্থাপনা।

‘মেহেরজান’ নাম রাখা সিনামার রুবাইয়াত নামের ডাইরেক্টর আপাতত পুঁজির উপব্যবস্থাপনা করছে। সিনামা করতে এইটা করতেই হয়।

ছোটলোকের কথাকিরিঞ্চি

কিরিঞ্চি শব্দের মানে আমি জানি না। আপাতত এইটা ইংলিশ প্রবলেমেটাইজেশনে বাংলা। গায়ত্রী চক্রবর্তীর ইংলিশ লেখায় দেখছি সে এই শব্দ ভালো পায়। গায়ত্রী ছোটলোকের কথাকিরিঞ্চি নিয়া উনিশশো অষ্টআশি সনে একটা কাহিলকরা লেখা লিখছে। নাম ‘ক্যান দ্য সাবঅল্টার্ন স্পিক’। ছোটলোকেরা কি কথা কইতে পারে?

আঁকায়া বাঁকায়া সে অনেক কথা বলছে সেইখানে। কিন্তু সোজা উত্তর হইল, পারে না।

উত্তরঔপনিবেশিককা ে, সাদা চামড়া ও মন-সাদারা ছোটলোকের না বলা কথা নিয়া ব্যপক উত্তেজিত হয়া পড়ে। তারা ছোটলোককে শিল্পসাহিত্যসিনা ায় কথা বলতে দিতে চায়। কেউ কেউ ‘বাকি ইতিহাস’ লিখতে উদ্যোগী হয়। এতকাল ছোটলোকেরা নির্বাক আছিল। তারা এই না-ইনসাফি মানে না। দারুণ।

কিন্তু গায়ত্রী বলে, থামো, পারবা না। কারণ, এক, তোমরা ছোটলোকদের ছোটলোক ছাড়া আর কিছু ভাব না। তাদের ছাতুর গোলার মতো কিছু একটা ভাব। আর দুই, তাদেরকে কথা বলতে না দিয়া তুমি নিজেই মাইক্রোফোন অ্যাবিউজ কইরা যাইতাছ।

ছোটলোকের শিল্পসাহিত্যসিনা া ফালানির সময় নাই। আর সে যখন সত্যিই কথা বলবে, তখন ‘বাকি ইতিহাস’ কপচানোর সুযোগ তুমি পাইবা না।

তারপরও ‘মেহেরজান’ বাকি ইতিহাস লিখতে চায়।

উফ! যুদ্ধটুদ্ধ

যুদ্ধের সময় বড়লোক মেহেরজান তার নানা খাজাসাবের এলাকায় যায়। খাজাসাব, যে নাকি ছোটখাট জমিদার, চায় না এইসব ব্লাডশেড হোক। তাই সেই এলাকায় যুদ্ধটুদ্ধ হয় না। খালি একদিন মিলিটারি আইসা পড়লে, এক বালুচিসেনা মেহেরজানেরে সম্ভাব্য ধর্ষণের হাত থাইকা বাঁচায়। মেহেরজান বালুচির প্রেমে পড়ে। মেহেরজানের আঠারো, তার এইসব যুদ্ধটুদ্ধ ভাল্লাগেনা। আর বালুচি ওয়াসিম খান, যেহেতু মুসলমান মারতে অপারগ, তাই পাকিস্তানী সেনাবাহিনীর চোখে গাদ্দার। এহেন ভাল বালুচিরে খারাপ মুক্তিযোদ্ধা, মেহেরজানের খালত ভাই, মারতে চায়। কারণ, মেহেরজানের খালত ভাই মেহেরজানকে বিয়া করতে চায়। সুতরাং, ওয়াসিম খানরে একদিন পালায়া যাইতেই হয়। সে আর ফিরে নাই।

এইটাই মেহেরজানের ট্র্যাজিডি।

উফ! এইসব যুদ্ধটুদ্ধ না হইলে চলত না?

বীরাঙ্গনার নাবলা কথা

মেহেরজান সিনামার ইউএসপি হইতেছে বীরাঙ্গনা। সিনামাওয়ালারা বাণিজ্যিক প্রচারমাধ্যমগুলা বীরাঙ্গনা বীরাঙ্গনা বইলা ফেনা তুলে ফেলছিল। এই ছবিতে বীরাঙ্গনা আছেও একজন, তার নাম নীলা। নীলা, মুক্তিযুদ্ধের শুরুর দিকে, পাকিস্তানী মিলিটারি ক্যাম্প থাইকা ছাড়া পায়া খাজাসাবের বাড়িতে আসে। খাজাসাব, যে নাকি ছোটখাট জমিদার, তারও নানা লাগে। মেহেরজান খালত বোন। নীলা প্রতিশোধ নিতে চায়। পাকিস্তানী মারতে চায়। কিন্তু মাঝখান দিয়া তার সাথে প্রেম হয় চিনপন্থী বামনেতার সাথে। সে যুদ্ধ শেষ না হইতেই জানে, এই যুদ্ধ ‘বেহাত’ হবে। মুসলিম লিগার খাজা সাবের সাথে সে একমত। এইভাবে চিনপন্থী আর মুসলিম লিগারদের তালমিলের অনিচ্ছাকৃত আলামত পাওয়া যায় এই সিনামায়। তো, এই চিনাবামও নীলাকে শারীরিকভাবে পাইতে চায়। নীলা ডায়লগ দেয়, সব পুরুষ এক। পাকিস্তানি মিলিটারির আগেও সে যৌন নিপীড়নের শিকার হইছে।

তোমরা খামাখা খালি পাকিস্তানিদের এক তরফা দোষ দাও।

‘যুদ্ধে যুদ্ধে আমি ক্লান্ত’

মেহেরজান সিনামায় তিন মুক্তিযোদ্ধার দেখা পাই।

একজন মেহেরজানের খালত ভাই, তার বিশেষ ডায়লগ হচ্ছে, মা আমি মরতে চাই না। আমি বিয়া করতে চাই। মানে তার যুদ্ধ ভাল্লাগেনা। মেহেরজানকে পাইলে, সে এইসব আকাজে আর কালক্ষয় করত না। কিন্তু আফসোস মেহেরজানের মনে বালুচি সেনা।

দ্বিতীয়জন, মুক্তিবাহিনীর কমান্ডার। সে খাজাসাবের এলাকায় ঘাঁটি গাড়ছে। খালি ঘুইরা ঘুইরা খাজাসাবের কাছে আসে। ‘খাজা সাহেব অনুমতি দেন, আমরা অ্যাকশনে যাই’। খাজাসাব বলে নো। আমি এলাকায় মারামারি চাই না। তাই মুক্তিবাহিনী মুক্তিযুদ্ধ নামের মারামারিতে ফাইনালি যাইতে পারে না।

তৃতীয়জন, ছোট মুক্তিযোদ্ধা। সে খাজাসাবের মেয়েরে বিয়া করতে চায়। তারও মুক্তিযুদ্ধ ভাল্লাগেনা। সে খাজাসাবের বিয়া-পাগল মেয়েরে চায়। খাজাসাবকে বলে, যুদ্ধে যুদ্ধে আমি ক্লান্ত।

বাংলাদেশে এই তিন প্রকারেরই মুক্তিযোদ্ধা আছিল বইলা প্রত্যয় হয়।

খাজা

- যে নাকি ছোটখাট জমিদার, তার পরিচয় দেই। খাজা পুরান মুসলিম লিগ নেতা। আলিগড়ের পড়াশুনা। কলকাতায় থাকত। সাতচল্লিশে পূর্বপাকিস্তানে দেশের বাড়িতে চইলা আসে। সেইখানে অনেক জমিজমা। সবাই তাকে পীরের মতন মানে। সে বড়লোক। চিনাবামরা তাকে গরিবের রক্তচোষা জোতাদর বইলা চিনে। যদিও লতায়পাতায় আত্মীয়।

খাজার মনে ছিচল্লিশের দাঙ্গার ঘা। সে পাকিস্তানের অখণ্ডতা নিয়া ঘোলা ঘোলা কথা বলে। কিন্তু শান্তি কমিটির মেম্বার হয় না। সে শান্তিকামী। কিন্তু একাত্তরের মানুষ মারা নিয়া একবারও মুখ খুলে না।

খাজা এই সিনামায় ভালো মানুষ। একাত্তরে মুসলিম লিগ হইলেই কেউ খারাপ মানুষ এমন ভাবা ভুল। সে কেমন মুসলিম লিগ একটু দেখা যাক।

খাজাসাব বলে সে লাহোর প্রস্তাবে বিশ্বাস করে না। লাহোর প্রস্তাবে নাকি বাংলার কথাই নাই। লাহোর প্রস্তাব উনিশশো চল্লিশ সনে আনা হইলে, একত্রিশ বৎসর ধইরা সে কেন মুসলিম লিগ এই প্রশ্নের জবাব ডাইরেক্টর দেয় না। এবং ডাইরেক্টর জানাইতেও চায় না, লাহোর প্রস্তাবে ভারতে পশ্চিম আর পূর্বাঞ্চলে মুসলমান প্রধান স্বাধীন ‘রাষ্ট্রসমূহে’র কথা পষ্ট লিখা আছে। তাইলে, খাজাসাব ক্যান মুসলিম লিগ? উপরন্তু খাজাসাব এও দাবী করছে ‘জিন্নাহর দ্বিজাতিত্ত্বে’ তার ঈমান নাই।

বড়লোকের ইতিহাস

খাজাসাব ক্যান মুসলিম লিগ, এই হিসাব দিতে গেলে বলতে হয়, পুরানা সামন্তছক থাইকা সে সরতে পারে নাই। তার মুসলিম লিগ করার কারণ তার শ্রেণীপরিচয়। সংক্ষেপে, এ-ই বাংলাদেশের বড়লোকের বেসিক। তারা, ছোটলোকের কারিগরিতে গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রের উত্থান আজও মানতে পারেন নাই।

তাই এই বড়লোকের নাতিরা মুক্তিযুদ্ধ শব্দটা নিয়া অস্বস্তিতে থাকে। তারা বলে যুদ্ধ। আর যেকোনো যুদ্ধই তো খারাপ।

‘মেহেরজান’ ছবিতে খারাপ শব্দ যুদ্ধ প্রতি তিন মিনিটে একবার হইলেও আসছে।

আজকে বড়লোকের নাতিরা আমাদের উপর ‘মেহেরজান’ সিনামা কইরা দেয়ার পর মনে হইতে পারে, ১৯৭১ এ যুদ্ধ নামের খারাপ কাজটা আমাদের করা উচিৎ হয় নাই।

নাকি অতটা অনুচিতও হয় নাই? দেশ স্বাধীন তো সেন্সর বোর্ডও স্বাধীন ...

পাকিসঙ্গম

১৯৭১ সনে পাকিস্তানের সেনাবাহিনী বাংলাদেশের অগুনতি নারী ও পুরুষকে হত্যা ও অগুনতি নারীকে ধর্ষণ করে। তারা বাংলাদেশরে মারতে পারে নাই। বাংলাদেশ হত্যা-ধর্ষণের চিহ্ন মুছে, উঠে দাঁড়াইছে। খুব দ্রুত, বাঘের ক্ষীপ্রতা নিয়া, উল্টা পাকিস্তানকে হত্যা করছে। পৃথিবীতে ১৯৭১ সনের পর পাকিস্তান বইলা আর কিছু জীবিত নাই। পাকিস্তানের ধারণাকে আমরা মাটিপোঁতা দিছি ঐ বৎসর শীতকালে।

তারপরও, পাকিস্তানের প্রেতাত্মার সাথে সঙ্গমসুখ অনুভব করে, এমন লোক দেখতে পাই। ‘মেহেরজান’ সিনামা ঐ কল্পসঙ্গমের ফোকফ্যান্টাসি।

http://www.sachalayatan.com/aninda21/37291
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; January 27, 2011 at 01:12 AM..
Old January 27, 2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez
So how many biharis were killed after 16th december!! what do you want to prove by saying this? Do you think, how much bangladeshi(people who livied in dhaka) people suffered by them in the 71 just paid off after some incidents happened on them??
No, nothing about paying off anything. Just implying that war dehumanises all. I'm not saying its 'good' or 'bad' to be dehumanised after a traumatic 9-month episode of war; just objectively stating that the rationalisations and defending the violent actions of a few bangladeshis after the war seem to be the norm in defence of the tyranny we have suffered as bengalis. Makes it very hypocritical when we defend our extra-judicial violence as retributive justice, while their violence was a war crime.

Bangladeshis are still not mature enough to enforce justice through reconciliation which is what war crimes tribunals and conflict resolution focuses on. Reconciliation allows for moving on with a deep grasp of our history and an acceptance of the sufferings from all sides. For us the taste of vengeance is much sweeter. Otherwise we wouldnt be going around denying/defending the counter-killings of the biharis. Blame our ego for it.
Old January 27, 2011, 12:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Good Facebook note:

Quote:
মেহেরজান ছবির ব্রশিওর এ ছবিটি সম্পর্কে বলা হয়েছে, ছবিটি phallocentric unitary masculine(ব্রশিওরে যার বাংলা করা হয়েছে: পুরষতন্ত্রের একক ক্ষমতায়ন হিসাবে) আখ্যানের বাইরে গিয়ে নারীত্বের আবেগ ও অনুভুতির বহুবিচিত্র সংবেদনশীলতা কে এগিয়ে নেয়ার প্রয়াস। নারীত্বের আবেগ অনুভুতির “বহু বিচিত্র সংবেদনশীলতা”র প্রকাশ ঘটানোর জন্য মূলত কেন্দ্রিয় চরিত্র মেহেরজান এবং পাশাপাশি মেহেরের খালাতো বোন নীলা,‘পাগলাটে’ খালা সালমা এবং নীলার সন্তান যুদ্ধ শিশু সারাহ এই চারটি চরিত্র বেছে নেয়া হয়েছে।যুদ্ধের ৩৮ বছর পর শত্রু সেনার প্রেমে পড়ার অপরাধবোধে ভুগতে থাকা মেহেরের “নিরবতা ভঙ্গ করে সারাহ- খালাতো বোন নীলার ঔরসজাত যুদ্ধশিশু যাকে বিদেশী এক দম্পত্তির কাছে দত্তক দেয়া হয়েছিল- সে তার বীরাঙ্গানা মায়ের সন্ধান করতে এসে মেহেরকে আরেকবার দাড় করিয়ে দেয় সেই ভুলে যেতে চাওয়া অতীতের মুখোমুখি।”মুক্তি ুদ্ধের সময় লেখা মেহেরজানের ডায়েরীকে অলম্বন করে ফ্ল্যাশ ব্যাকের মাধ্যমের মেহেরজানের আখ্যান রচিত হয়।

যে পুরুষতান্ত্রিক পুজিবাদী সমাজ নারীকে নরম কোমল, আবেগী, যুক্তি-বুদ্ধিহীন প্রাণী হিসেবে দেখতে এবং দেখাতে চায় তারই নির্মিত একটি স্টেরিওটাইপ হলো গোলাপি রং এর সাথে নারীত্ব বা ফেমিনিটির সম্পর্ক। গোলাপি বার্বি ডল যার একটি উদাহরণ। এ স্টেরিওটাইপ অনুসারে নারী জন্মগত ভাবেই কতগুলো বিশেষ বৈশিষ্ট ও প্রবণতার অধিকারি, সে নরম কোমল মানসিকতার অধিকারি, সে যুক্তির চেয়ে আবেগ দ্বারা বেশি চালিত হয়। নারীত্বের প্রতিক হিসেবে গোলাপি রং এরকমই একটি স্টেরিওটাইপ যে স্টিরিওটাইপ ব্যাবহার করে ভোক্তাহিসেবে নারীর জন্য বার্বি ডল থেকে শুরু করে গোলাপি জামা, অন্তর্বাস, ব্যাগ, বই, খেলনা, কলম, পেন্সিল, মাথার রিবন ইত্যাদি অসংখ্য পণ্য বাজারজাত করা হয় সারা দুনিয়া জুড়ে।

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...5&id=525322667
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old January 27, 2011, 12:54 AM
Cricket Savant

This is not "just a movie".
Old January 27, 2011, 04:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Ash

Good work, Sohel NR
Old January 27, 2011, 06:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Who gives a two cents about a film, more important is, is it made well, does the story hold up? Editing, technical fine details etc.

The Biharis did take part in crime against humanity and Bangalies but after the independence we Bangalies also took revenge on the Biharis and today the Bihairs are in very bad inhumane state without any hope and dreams. What we need to do is understand and accept the Biharis as ourselves today, we are one, we are all humans, these Biharis are humans, there is no difference between any of us, we are all flesh and blood, many of them have done wrong, so did we Banglalies! Now we should heal each other and hold the great concept of a good, loving and caring Bangladesh where we stop treating anyone bad and share our joy and sadness together. Two wrongs do not make it right.

We, Bangladeshis have the responsiblity to hold humanity at the highest level. We Bangladeshis should teach the world what Tolerance means and what compassion means, not because it will make us look better than others, but because IT IS the Humane thing to do.!

All the Islamic countries (maybe barring Egypt, Syria) sent money and support to Pakistan to demolish us and our dreams.
The United States of Amreica sent money, weapons and support to Pakistan to demolish us and our dreams.
The whole western Allies/NATO took Pakistan's side to destroy us.
China send money, weapons, food Pakistan in order to oppress us and destroy us.

Today we have to live with them and accept them as our friends and allies. Why, just because we are weak? No, because we know better, we teach the world that when Bangladesh prevail, humainty prevails, learn from us!

We Bangladeshis and Bangladesh have tons and tons of other moral, ethical problems, we are not perfect, we have to keep working on these, fix these, until each and everyone of us leave the planet. It's a constant effort and a constant refinement process.

We have to teach the world and it's people that with love, tolerance and compassion is the only way to survive, otherwise, it's a filthy, hateful, disgraceful way for a human to die.
Excellent.
Old January 27, 2011, 10:16 AM
Cricket Sage

As usual great post BK bhai.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 27, 2011, 04:38 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

vaijanera amio vabtasi ekta movie banamu........natzi shena ar ek french narir kothin premer golpo....invest korte chaile amare pm koren
Old January 27, 2011, 11:58 PM
Cricket Legend

anyway, it has been another super duper Bangla flop film. people do care little about this kinda thanda movie.Rather people like to watch Dipjol
Old January 28, 2011, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

^Now we're talking.
Old January 28, 2011, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
This is not "just a movie".
Right. This is a propaganda in favor of the war criminals. The writer (director, actress) of the film has intentionally done it. She provided wrong information also in her so-called thesis on Birangonas. http://www.sachalayatan.com/subasish/37375

Such pollution of the history should not be allowed.
Old January 28, 2011, 11:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:

all of the pakistanis i've ever met - and I have met a lot - and granted these are 2nd generation US/Canadian born/raised people, have accepted and lamented that genocide was committed against us. the question is, how would they know this being born and raised out in the West? clearly, their parents must have told them, and this means that their parents told them at least the truth, i.e "we fought against them and oppressed them".

out of all the many dozens of pakistanis i have met, i have only ever met one who's views regarding our Independence I don't appreciate. and even he admits genocide and wrong-doing were committed on the part of the Pakistanis, although he tries to justify it.

i know pakistani denial artists exist, i've seen them post on PP...but they are very few and far between. i'd say, there are far more Bangladeshis who are allergic to Pakistanis than there are Pakistanis who remain biased against Bangladeshis, at least amongst the more educated classes.

#OneTeam1Dream