facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 26, 2011, 06:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default Should Bangladesh boycott the game against India in WC?

I know some of you may say why mix politics with sports, but I think enough is enough. Just read this: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=35287
When nothing is being done and it's not being taken seriously by our own government and the rest of the world, only our cricket team can send a message at the gala event by boycotting the game against India or at least wearing a black arm band to protest the kiling of unarmed Bangladeshis in the hand of Indian border goons.
I know the Indian government has assured taking some steps but I know nothing will be done and things will be back to normal as our puppet of a government will do nothing.

Old January 26, 2011, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Unfortunately we lack cojones to stand up to India like that. But if our players do end up wearing black arm bands, it will send an unbelievably strong message to the whole world and let everyone know we are not a football and others can't just kick us around.
Old January 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^+1

This is something I feel very strongly about. But I have resigned myself to the fact that nothing will be done as long as the present government is in power. It would be amazing if the players put on armbands as a mark of protest against the brutality however I am sure we would end up losing the hosting rights or something.

Last edited by Equinox; January 26, 2011 at 07:13 PM..
Old January 26, 2011, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

If our team is the only entity capable of sending out a message as you claim, it should be through beating the living hell out of their team to the extent that their players are fallen to their knees, their apparel torn in several places, their hands clasped together begging in vain for mercy for their careers. All in the cricket field. And no, the message we send out shouldn't be political, but something that will forever instill fear in the minds of their cricketers, something that will take the form of their worst - and only - nightmare, every night.

And we should do the same to all other teams.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Then again, black armbands could be worn, but not because the opponent is India. We shouldn't need a reason to mourn the loss of our citizens other than their loss.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:14 PM
BC Editorial Team

As myself:
seconded.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:20 PM
Cricket Savant

What Asif bhai said.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 26, 2011, 07:35 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

No way we should boycott the game. We should win them and tell them where we dedicate the win

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 26, 2011, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
If our team is the only entity capable of sending out a message as you claim, it should be through beating the living hell out of their team to the extent that their players are fallen to their knees, their apparel torn in several places, their hands clasped together begging in vain for mercy for their careers. All in the cricket field. And no, the message we send out shouldn't be political, but something that will forever instill fear in the minds of their cricketers, something that will take the form of their worst - and only - nightmare, every night.

Asif, as usual your statements are very inspirational in a dramatic way but I'm afraid the outcome of the game does not send a mssg of the reality that is part of life of the poor people living by the border. What we do to their cricketers within the 65 yard of Mirpur stadium will only remain in the mind of cricket fans but we need to reach even a bigger crowd. Yes, our cricket should be out of politics but the number of deaths that have happend over the decades is too staggering to let go.
If we recall the incident in Mumbai, India themselves severed all ties including cricket with Pak; why shouldn't we do the same? The Mumbai incident was done by a bunch of hooligans and the act by BSF is sponsored by their own government.......it's nothing short of an act of war.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Hasina's promise--one day BD will be India's state. hate her chamchagiri

no boycott is not the solution. just beat india--thats the solution
Old January 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
I know some of you may say why mix politics with sports, but I think enough is enough. Just read this: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=35287
When nothing is being done and it's not being taken seriously by our own government and the rest of the world, only our cricket team can send a message at the gala event by boycotting the game against India or at least wearing a black arm band to protest the kiling of unarmed Bangladeshis in the hand of Indian border goons.
I know the Indian government has assured taking some steps but I know nothing will be done and things will be back to normal as our puppet of a government will do nothing.
Can't support boycotting the game because it would help them to go through to the next round easily. Let's beat the **** out of them like we did in last World Cup.

But I support that our players should wear black arm bands to protest.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

There are other approaches to solving political issues. Our cricket team should not have to suffer the consequences of the people electing spineless leaders every five years. Reiterating what has been said in the other thread, the government isn't doing its job and that's where the real problem is.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:53 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

It makes me feel awful when ever hearing the news about the border killings. This should not be happening at all at the hands of our neighbors. It actually makes me bitter when I even watch Team India playing. I know it's not right to mix politics with sports but I just can't help it.

I know what your trying to say betaar bhai but I doubt it will do any good. It's not going to stop and it's not our cricket team's responsibility to handle these issues. Our politicians should have the guts to stand up to India and make a stance. The problem is they say nothing to them and these border patrols gets to do whatever. It makes me soo sad that we still have spineless leaders. As long as we have these leaders at the helm I don't see Bangladesh improving.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

It's ok to mix politics with sports if there's a potential of any good coming out of it. In this case, I doubt there will be any impact. Again, it's not the cricket team's responsibility, but rather the government's and the people's as a whole.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:00 PM
Cricket Legend

While any kind of extrajudicial killing is bad but border guards everywhere has the right to shoot at suspected smugglers and drug peddlers. To the best of my knowledge Bangladeshi Border guard also shoots at Rohingas. U just dont see that in bengali newspapers.......
Old January 26, 2011, 08:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Or we could just effing crush those guys on Feb 19th and have Shakib declare to the world during match presentation that "this win goes to all the men and women and children who are... " idk, someone finish this line. "... who are getting beaten up for crossing the borders..."

Doesn't really make sense.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Bangladeshi guards do, yes, and either side has to make an effort to put an end to this. This isn't an us vs them issue, this is the lives of innocent people we're talking about.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Bangladeshi guards do
I hope you can prove what you're saying when you are trying to compare this with the BSF brutality.

Even the Rohingya people are not claiming that BDR shoots them, how can you say that? It's Nasaka who're shooting them.

http://www.rohingya.org/index.php?op...=263&Itemid=63
Old January 26, 2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
While any kind of extrajudicial killing is bad but border guards everywhere has the right to shoot at suspected smugglers and drug peddlers. To the best of my knowledge Bangladeshi Border guard also shoots at Rohingas. U just dont see that in bengali newspapers.......
right to shoot at suspected smugglers and drug peddlers

^^^that's a questionable rule and BSF are killing innocent people NOT the smugglers
Old January 26, 2011, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Not necessarily Rohingya people, but there have been many reports of Indians being shot by our border forces as there have been reports of our citizens being killed by BSF. I'm not comparing acts of brutality, just saying that nothing is worth the loss of innocent lives. Both sides have to mend their ways, without getting defensive about the matter.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:

TOP post
Kill the Indians on field, not off field and I know Shakib will just do that.
Old January 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

we shouldn't boycott the game...that would hurt us more than anyone else.

black arm bands not just for the India game but for the entire WC would be an amazing idea. besides, betaar, how are we going get BCB to boycott the game? Isn't our current government a virtual Indian chamcha...anything the BCB does, would have to be approved by Miss Bongobondu. And thats considering the BCB boss would even want to...doesn't the government always appoint its lackeys to be the chief of the cricket board?

but yes, black arm bands would be an awesome idea...and it would be terribly embarassing to New Delhi as well.

but then again you can kiss every playing India again good bye...but principles matter more than that. so i say go for it.

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; January 26, 2011 at 10:05 PM..
Old January 26, 2011, 09:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

This kind of nonsense is nothing new. India always does this as they say- big fish always eats small fish and can getaway easily. As a revenge, Bangladesh should beat the hell out of India in WC. But I support wearing black arm band all the time.
Old January 26, 2011, 09:45 PM
Cricket Legend

boycott??? its payback time for those atrocities (feb 19th)...

on a serious note, a wearing a black arm band on the matchday will send a simple yet 'strong' message across, but as some of us mentioned, we are just not there yet and there will be no govt backing....
Old January 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

We all know what kind of atrocities BDR is capable of....And YES Rohingyas are shot at everyday (including women and children)....
US border guard shoots the mexicans too....its easy to shoot than chase...So get on with your life...
Time to look into our own flaws and fix it first....