facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 3, 2011, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Wink Get your cars fixed before Feb 10th. Make it shiny. Naile..khobor ache..;)

riday, February 4, 2011Sports

Only shiny cars are allowed

Staff Correspondent

It's time for Dhaka to get dolled up for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011. No ugly scar will be allowed to spoil the view of the city adorned in the finest attires during the sporting fiesta.

In the run-up to the tournament, the emphasis is placed on traffic as part of the overall city beautification.

The government has asked owners to make their dilapidated vehicles in the capital shine like new ones by February 10 and mobile courts will take action against tainted automobiles from the next day.

The directive came yesterday at a meeting on tackling traffic congestion and maintaining signal during the World Cup.

"Fitness certificate and route permit will be cancelled if any of those [bad looking] vehicles are found plying on city streets after the deadline," Communications Minister Syed Abul Hossain said after the meeting at his office.

The meeting also directed the owners in Chittagong, the other venue in the country for the World Cup, to paint their vehicles by February 28. And mobile courts in the port city will keep a watch on automobiles from March 1.

Passenger buses of the Bangladesh Road Transport Corporation will have colourful graffiti of players and welcome slogans on them.

The meeting, which was attended by leaders of different transport associations, also urged the city dwellers to obey traffic rules and maintain road discipline.

State Minister for Home Affairs Shamsul Haque Tuku was present at the meeting and called upon the main opposition BNP to withdraw their February 7 hartal.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=172784

Bhaijanera.. taratari garir color thik koren. Make it like new. Naile Feb 10th er pore dekhle apnader shoho tule niya jabe

Old February 3, 2011, 03:09 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Is this some kinda joke? And also I heard they are paying money to the poor to stay out of sight?

Why not actually make the city beautiful, instead of try and hide things with these short-cuts, temporary crap.
Old February 3, 2011, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Not a bad initiative, but god knows how much of it will be misused by corrupt guys to harrass innocent people.
Old February 3, 2011, 03:13 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

wohooo I am loving it. Atleast for the next few days Dhaka will have less air pollution.. Ei rokom jodi shob shomoi thakto aaahhh...
Old February 3, 2011, 03:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Is this some kinda joke? And also I heard they are paying money to the poor to stay out of sight?

Why not actually make the city beautiful, instead of try and hide things with these short-cuts, temporary crap.
Dhaka/CTG city are beautiful without the beggars and cars from my 40s/60s. These old and ugly cars make the traffic 2/3 miles long. Tarpor abar kalo dhua from the behind..

But yeah, you are right. Eshob short cut diya kisu hobe na. Long-term chinta korte hobe.
Old February 3, 2011, 03:24 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

While they are at it, why not keep the rickshaws away from the city, keep couple of new ones around for show, but get rid of the rest.

NO Thela-Garri!!

If I could, I would spray paint the sky blue, because damn it looks DARK!
Old February 3, 2011, 03:41 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Not a bad initiative, but god knows how much of it will be misused by corrupt guys to harrass innocent people.
Thats the whole idea.
Old February 3, 2011, 03:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Why not keep away poor people!
stupid decision.
Old February 3, 2011, 03:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Who says our government is run by idiots? Genius! Why improve when you can mislead?
Old February 3, 2011, 03:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Its just that everyone wants to look the best on their wedding day.... be it with expensive clothes, jewelery or total 'chun-kam' (makeup) .....
Old February 3, 2011, 03:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
Its just that everyone wants to look the best on their wedding day.... be it with expensive clothes, jewelery or total 'chun-kam' (makeup) .....
And as soon as you "bag" them..
Old February 3, 2011, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
And as soon as you "bag" them..
...you take'em off!
Old February 3, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Guys please chill out and enjoy the ride for the next few days . You might not see all these new looks in your life time ever again. We all know that this is just an abortive effort to hide our darker side but atleast they are trying to make our country look presentable. Jodi kono rasta ghat clean na korto, ei shob vanga chura gari rastai thakto WC er shomoi tahole hoito amrai boltam desh ta ke ektu o shajalo na...Please Give credit where credit is due and enjoy the fresh air till it lasts ...Oh and pray so that we get to see many more developments of our country in our life time..
Old February 3, 2011, 04:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Dhaka/CTG city are beautiful without the beggars and cars from my 40s/60s. These old and ugly cars make the traffic 2/3 miles long. Tarpor abar kalo dhua from the behind..

But yeah, you are right. Eshob short cut diya kisu hobe na. Long-term chinta korte hobe.
lol,u sound like Jamie Siddons here.
Old February 3, 2011, 05:05 PM

amader ei shorkar eishob dui nombori buddhi baade aar kisu bhabte paare na! Ete khoti grostho hobo amra aam-jonota jara bhangachura gari chalai ar chori. MP-Montri'i to shob jholok-shojja kora Porsche ar BMW chalai; amader ayna-churi-howa corolla chalok'der himshim tara ki bujhe?

Magistrate ar Thola bahini to amagorei ghusher taka ar case'er taka khaowar jonno dhorbo!

B@stard government!
Old February 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
Cricket Sage

ফিটনেসহীন, রংচটা যান চলবে না

নিজস্ব প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ০৪-০২-২০১১

বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট উপলক্ষে ঢাকা ও চট্টগ্রাম মহানগরে পুরোনো রংচটা বাস চলাচলে নিষেধাজ্ঞা জারি করেছে সরকার।
গতকাল বৃহস্পতিবার যোগাযোগ মন্ত্রণালয়ে বিশ্বকাপ উপলক্ষে যানবাহনের সুসজ্জিতকরণ ও ট্রাফিক আইন মেনে চলাচলের বিষয়ে এক যৌথ সভায় এই সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়।

সিদ্ধান্ত অনুযায়ী, ঢাকায় ১০ ফেব্রুয়ারি এবং চট্টগ্রাম মহানগরে ২৮ ফেব্রুয়ারির মধ্যে রংচটা গাড়ি, বিশেষ করে বাস-মিনিবাস, সিএনজি অটোরিকশা ও হিউম্যান হলার সুসজ্জিত করার সময়সীমা বেঁধে দেওয়া হয়েছে। এ ছাড়া যেসব গাড়ির ফিটনেস নেই, দ্রুত যান্ত্রিক ত্রুটি সারিয়ে এবং বডিতে থাকা ঘষা বা ভাঙাচোরা মেরামত করে সনদ নেওয়ার নির্দেশ দেওয়া হয়েছে। সরকারের এই নির্দেশ বাস্তবায়নে ঢাকায় ১১ ফেব্রুয়ারি এবং চট্টগ্রামে ১ মার্চ থেকে ভ্রাম্যমাণ আদালত পরিচালনা করা হবে। পাশাপাশি এ সময় পুলিশের অভিযানও চলবে।

এদিকে বাংলাদেশ সড়ক পরিবহন কর্তৃপক্ষের (বিআরটিএ) একটি সূত্র জানিয়েছে, সংস্থাটি শিগগিরই এ-সংক্রান্ত বিজ্ঞপ্তি প্রচার করবে।
সভায় আরও সিদ্ধান্ত হয়, রাজধানীর যেসব সড়ক দিয়ে খেলোয়াড় ও অতিথিরা চলাচল করবেন, সেসব সড়কের পার্শ্ববর্তী ভবনগুলোতে দেয়াললিখন ও কোনো পোস্টার থাকতে পারবে না। ভবনের দেয়াল পরিষ্কার রাখতে ঢাকা সিটি করপোরেশনকে দায়িত্ব দেওয়া হয়েছে।

বৈঠকে সভাপতিত্ব করেন যোগাযোগমন্ত্রী সৈয়দ আবুল হোসেন। সভা শেষে যোগাযোগমন্ত্রী সাংবাদিকদের বলেন, ক্রিকেট বিশ্বকাপের মাধ্যমে বাংলাদেশকে বিশ্বে তুলে ধরার একটি বড় সুযোগ। বিদেশি অতিথি ও খেলোয়াড়দের অবস্থান নিরাপদ ও আনন্দময় করতে যোগাযোগ মন্ত্রণালয় সচেষ্ট এবং প্রয়োজনীয় উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে। মন্ত্রী বলেন, পরিবহনমালিকেরা সরকারি সিদ্ধান্ত বাস্তবায়নে প্রতিশ্রুতি দিয়েছেন। ব্যর্থ হলে আইনি ব্যবস্থা নেবে পুলিশ। বিআরটিএ সংশ্লিষ্ট যানের ফিটনেস বাতিল করবে।

মন্ত্রী জানান, বিশ্বকাপ উপলক্ষে ঢাকা, চট্টগ্রাম, নারায়ণগঞ্জসহ গুরুত্বপূর্ণ রেলস্টেশন সাজানো হবে। সরকারি পরিবহন সংস্থা বিআরটিসির যাত্রীবাহী বাসগুলো ছবি ও শুভেচ্ছাবাণী দিয়ে সুসজ্জিত করা হবে। খেলোয়াড় বহনকারী বাসগুলোর চালকদের বিআরটিএ প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে। এ ছাড়া মিরপুরে বিআরটিএ কার্যালয়ের খোলা জায়গা খেলার সময় পার্কিংয়ে ব্যবহার করার সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হয়েছে বলে মন্ত্রী সাংবাদিকদের জানান।

বৈঠকে উপস্থিত ছিলেন স্বরাষ্ট্র প্রতিমন্ত্রী শামসুল হক টুকু। তিনি বৈঠক শেষে সাংবাদিকদের বলেন, বিশ্বকাপ উপলক্ষে যানজট নিয়ন্ত্রণে রাখতে ট্রাফিক পরিকল্পনা চূড়ান্ত করা হয়েছে। খেলা চলাকালীন মহানগরকে ভিক্ষুকমুক্ত রাখা হবে। কিছু স্থানে আলাপ-আলোচনার মাধ্যমে সাময়িকভাবে হকারমুক্তও রাখা হবে।

জানা গেছে, বৈঠকে বাস মালিক ও শ্রমিক সমিতির নেতারাও উপস্থিত ছিলেন। তাঁরা আশ্বাস দিয়েছেন, বাস কোম্পানিগুলোকে সমিতির পক্ষ থেকে চিঠি দিয়ে সরকারি সিদ্ধান্ত বাস্তবায়নে তাগিদ দেওয়া হবে।
বিআরটিএর হিসাব অনুযায়ী, রাজধানী ঢাকা থেকে নিবন্ধন নেওয়া যানবাহনের মধ্যে ৮০ হাজারের বেশি চলছে ফিটনেস ছাড়াই। ফিটনেসবিহীন এসব যানবাহনের বিরুদ্ধে ব্যবস্থা নিতে গত জুন মাসে পুলিশের কাছে চিঠি পাঠায় বিআরটিএ। পুলিশের কাছে ফিটনেসবিহীন পুরোনো গাড়ির নম্বর-সংবলিত এক হাজার ৫৪৪ পৃষ্ঠার একটি তালিকাও তখন পাঠানো হয়। কিন্তু পুলিশ কয়েক দিন অভিযান চালিয়ে আর এগোইনি।

তালিকায় ব্যক্তিগত গাড়ি থেকে শুরু করে বাস-মিনিবাস, ট্রাক-কাভার্ড ভ্যান, মাইক্রোবাস, ট্যাক্সিক্যাব, হিউম্যান হলার ইত্যাদি রয়েছে। বিআরটিএ সূত্র জানায়, তালিকায় থাকা কিছু যানবাহন নিবন্ধন নেওয়ার পর কোনো দিনই ফিটনেস নিতে আসেনি। অধিকাংশ যানবাহন পাঁচ-সাত বছরের মধ্যে ফিটনেস পরীক্ষা করতে আসেনি বিআরটিএ কার্যালয়ে। সংস্থাটির ধারণা, পুরোনো ও ফিটনেসবিহীন এসব যানবাহনের জন্য যানজট হচ্ছে এবং দুর্ঘটনাও বাড়ছে।

গতকাল যোগাযোগ মন্ত্রণালয়ে অনুষ্ঠিত বৈঠকে আরও উপস্থিত ছিলেন স্বরাষ্ট্রসচিব আবদুস সোবহান সিকদার, সড়ক ও রেলপথ বিভাগের সচিব মোজাম্মেল হক খান, বাংলাদেশ রেলওয়ের মহাপরিচালক তৌহিদুল আনোয়ার চৌধুরী, বিআরটিসির চেয়ারম্যান এম এম ইকবাল, বিআরটিএর চেয়ারম্যান আইয়ুবুর রহমান খান, যোগাযোগ মন্ত্রণালয়ের অতিরিক্ত সচিব খোন্দকার ইফতেখার হায়দার, পরিবহন মালিক সমিতির নেতা মশিউর রহমান রাঙ্গা, খন্দকার এনায়েত উল্লাহ্, শ্রমিক নেতা ওসমান আলী প্রমুখ.
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...04/news/128914
Old February 3, 2011, 06:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

it's really unfortunate that a bunch of amateurs are running the show...
Old February 3, 2011, 06:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, guys, the problems of Dhaka / Bangladesh will not be solved very quickly. On the face of it, some of these initiatives look ridiculous - I fully agree with that.

But think of it a little differently - There will be a huge influx of cricket fans from different countries. I am sure that they will expect every bit of filth, chaos, slum dwellers with their ghoti bati, street beggars and all the other negatives that Bangladesh usually represent in the media.

If some of these artifical polish makes the tourists pleasantly surprised and they carry back a more positive perception of BD than what they carried in, what's the harm in it?

This is a great oppotunity to advertise BD. I am sure that very few (if anyone) from the incoming tourists would have travelled to BD out of their own interest. Since they are coming in, why not take this chance to show off (or hide off, may be)?

Someone above gave a wedding analogy - very appropriate. Even more accurate analogy would be the patri dekha ritual for arranged marriages.

Last comment - our govt may be incompetent, but they would get jobs in an ad agency without prob

This car thing is a bit overboard, but as long as they go after public transport (moorir tin etc), I think that's great.

(Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinion if the govt comes up with more and different ideas)

Old February 3, 2011, 06:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

top post from Sauron bhai, down to his disclaimer.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 3, 2011, 07:22 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
amader ei shorkar eishob dui nombori buddhi baade aar kisu bhabte paare na! Ete khoti grostho hobo amra aam-jonota jara bhangachura gari chalai ar chori. MP-Montri'i to shob jholok-shojja kora Porsche ar BMW chalai; amader ayna-churi-howa corolla chalok'der himshim tara ki bujhe?

Magistrate ar Thola bahini to amagorei ghusher taka ar case'er taka khaowar jonno dhorbo!

B@stard government!

i am very frustrated too. i think we need some thing like cairo very soon

1. this govt do everything what india ask
2. changing name, spending billion dollars
3. giving scholarship to indian student to study in dhaka medical college
4. all about awameleague and giving benefit to its people
5.crime rate is all time high
6. destroying opposition and humiliating them
7. against nobel winner younus. hasina might be thinking, if nobel commitee take younus's prize, they might give it to her
8. giving india corridor and all facility without getting anything in return
9. some people think , BDR mutiny is also act of BAL to please India and BSF
10. ruining our whole economy and infrastructure
11. unnecessary harassing people.
Old February 3, 2011, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
1. this govt do everything what india ask
2. changing name, spending billion dollars
3. giving scholarship to indian student to study in dhaka medical college
4. all about awameleague and giving benefit to its people
5.crime rate is all time high
6. destroying opposition and humiliating them
7. against nobel winner younus. hasina might be thinking, if nobel commitee take younus's prize, they might give it to her
8. giving india corridor and all facility without getting anything in return
9. some people think , BDR mutiny is also act of BAL to please India and BSF
10. ruining our whole economy and infrastructure
11. unnecessary harassing people.
And I am guessing that when the other group comes/ was active those things didn't happen? I am not a B.A.L. or D.A.L. or C.H.A.L. nor that I know anything about these Bangla parties, but seems to me, it doesn't matter which ever party comes to power, people are always writing those things.

If the crime rate is high, people are being harassed, economy is bad etc then why did people vote for these guys? I mean things must have been great when the other group was one?

It's a shyt-cycle. And it's gonna keep on happening, unless people get rid of them, and get some new people.
Old February 3, 2011, 08:07 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

I am not a BAL memeber and I do not like them for so many reasons.

But during BAL's reign Amar Sonar Bangla was never a number one thief on earth - that she was for five consecutive years under the big beards and big ghomta.

Now Chorer Mar boro gola. Oh if you call it a hypocrisy then you are a hypocrite.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Guys please chill out and enjoy the ride for the next few days . You might not see all these new looks in your life time ever again. We all know that this is just an abortive effort to hide our darker side but atleast they are trying to make our country look presentable. Jodi kono rasta ghat clean na korto, ei shob vanga chura gari rastai thakto WC er shomoi tahole hoito amrai boltam desh ta ke ektu o shajalo na...Please Give credit where credit is due and enjoy the fresh air till it lasts ...Oh and pray so that we get to see many more developments of our country in our life time..
100% \m/ If we know how to criticize, we should also know how to appreciate ppl's good work. At least they are taking some steps to make the two cities somewhat presentable.
Old February 3, 2011, 09:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron
Well, guys, the problems of Dhaka / Bangladesh will not be solved very quickly. On the face of it, some of these initiatives look ridiculous - I fully agree with that.

But think of it a little differently - There will be a huge influx of cricket fans from different countries. I am sure that they will expect every bit of filth, chaos, slum dwellers with their ghoti bati, street beggars and all the other negatives that Bangladesh usually represent in the media.

If some of these artifical polish makes the tourists pleasantly surprised and they carry back a more positive perception of BD than what they carried in, what's the harm in it?

This is a great oppotunity to advertise BD. I am sure that very few (if anyone) from the incoming tourists would have travelled to BD out of their own interest. Since they are coming in, why not take this chance to show off (or hide off, may be)?

Someone above gave a wedding analogy - very appropriate. Even more accurate analogy would be the patri dekha ritual for arranged marriages.

Last comment - our govt may be incompetent, but they would get jobs in an ad agency without prob

This car thing is a bit overboard, but as long as they go after public transport (moorir tin etc), I think that's great.

(Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinion if the govt comes up with more and different ideas)

Very well said indeed.
Old February 3, 2011, 10:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

And I see the same old cycle of blaming the current ''shorkar'' and listing up hundreds of complaints. After 4 or 5 more years, we are gonna again blame BNP by putting up similar complaints and saying the same things over and over again when they will be ruling the country!

hay re.....amra Bangali ra toh ei cycle er moddhei asi....why don't we just stop it, onk boring hoye gese ei bapar ta...!!!! eta toh janar karo baki nai je 2 doli chor...but bar bar oi same jinish niye pechal pere toh laabh nai...!!!