facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 9, 2011, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
I thought all bengalis had brown skin and brown eyes, till my green eyed-pale skinned brother was born.

We're all a very different mix of people.

Old February 9, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Dear Banglaguy,

According to Hanafi Madhab keeping of the beard is Wajib and Sunnal Al Muaqqadah by the other three Madhaahib. Its a very important sunnah and muslims who have love of the prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) in their hearts should observe/practice it. Anything our prophet did or advised us to do is for our own benefit here and hereafter.

May Allah the Most High give you and all of us the tawfeeq to emulate our beloved Nabi to the best of our ability and with good understanding...Aameen!
Old February 9, 2011, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
couple of thoughts:

the most important task for any human being: is to recognize his/her creator. then one who submits to the creator is the one who accepts the fact that the creator has supreme control over all affairs.

many scholar will tell you many things: at the end of the day, what counts most? what matters most? what matters most is that if you enter paradise in afterlife and you receive no punishment in grave. at the end of the day, it is just you and your Lord! no intermediators!

the actions we do on a daily basis? are they pleasing to our lord? if we focus our daily activities towards pleasing our lord, then answer to many of these questions become quite clear

for example: suppressing/letting go of anger. a saudi muslim brother commented on maShAllah how i have noor on my face today and the very next moment he called me "stupid man" because i was "rapping in the masjid"/music in my mouth/americanized handshake(like after salaam, we say what's up!) with another muslim brother.

i have no idea how angry i felt at that instant...but Alhamdulillah! i let it go and he is my brother in islam and I ask Allah to expand our heart to understand how Prophet(SallAllahu A'laihe wasallam) conducted with other people and i ask Allah, the Greatest to grant us the quality of "letting go of little things!" This is what it means to "obey the messenger" is to focus on his qualities...like how he forgave all the mekkans on the day of victory after hajj after all these years of persecution, wars against him.

Bilal(may Allah be pleased with him) was once spat by another muslim brother! after that certain muslim brother felt guilty and asked Bilal to do the same Bilal's response was, "I do not spit on someone who has made prostration to Allah" SUBHANALLAH! this was the mentality of the muslims back then. and today, many muslims can't wait to start ranking on each other! every opportunity we find to criticize, we unleash our critic, we unleash our revenge!

and you wonder, why majority of muslims today are submissive to other forces like shaytaan and other human beings in just about every corner of the world today....

if we focus on the core of islam, like appreciation of creator, proper means to thank him, proper means to please him Allah will make our lives very very easy for us! and many "fiqhi issues" will resolve automatically!

just some thoughts, May Allah correct my mistakes!
Masha Allah! Great reminder, Rifat
Old February 9, 2011, 02:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Dear Banglaguy,

According to Hanafi Madhab keeping of the beard is Wajib and Sunnal Al Muaqqadah by the other three Madhaahib. Its a very important sunnah and muslims who have love of the prophet Muhammad (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) in their hearts should observe/practice it. Anything our prophet did or advised us to do is for our own benefit here and hereafter.

May Allah the Most High give you and all of us the tawfeeq to emulate our beloved Nabi to the best of our ability and with good understanding...Aameen!
I know hanafi says it sunnah, but Shafi says it farz, and the reason I ask this is my somalian friend said I have to keep it, and If i dont, I get a stake through my beard area when im in the grave....
Old February 9, 2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I know hanafi says it sunnah, but Shafi says it farz, and the reason I ask this is my somalian friend said I have to keep it, and If i dont, I get a stake through my beard area when im in the grave....
But nothing happens to you when you lie about your age when registering in an online forum obviously. Wow, I like this religion!
Old February 9, 2011, 11:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I think Banglaguy is not serious...he is joking here... + amar money hocche ntun botol, but purano maal!
Old February 10, 2011, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
But nothing happens to you when you lie about your age when registering in an online forum obviously. Wow, I like this religion!
Things do happen. And the admission of violation of forum rules have been publicly acknowledged. Now it is just a matter of my convenience when I swing the sword. I am kind of busy up here.
Old February 10, 2011, 12:05 AM
Cricket Savant

Sword of Damocles always hangs by hairy (or rather non-hairy) threads!

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old February 10, 2011, 10:32 AM
Banned

Salaam. I heard from some scholars that it is sunnah while others say it is fard, because the Prophet (pbuh) [ordered] his companions to keep the beard, and to trim the moustache, according to Ibn Umar (ra). I wouldn't say one will be punished for not keeping the beard, however one should keep in mind it was a great practice of the Prophet (pbuh) and his companions, and we should try to practice the Sunnah as much as we can. Furthermore, it shows and presents ourselves that we are Muslim. Check out these videos for more info:

Zakir Naik - Why Muslim Man Should have Beard?
Sheikh Mus`ad Anwar - Why the Beard? Say's Who?! Sunnah or Fard?
Old February 10, 2011, 01:10 PM

Nice try Moshin. Bye Bye.
Old February 10, 2011, 04:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:

Ouch
Old February 10, 2011, 08:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
haha poor kid. You guys are good.

I was just randomly thinking the other day, that the people that got banned I bet some of them are lurking around the forum with new nicks. And the first 2 people I thought of were Mohsin and Parisa.
Old February 10, 2011, 08:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

^^^ Mohsin and Parisa.....what a story
Old February 11, 2011, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
^^^ Mohsin and Parisa.....what a story
What happened to them?