facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 6, 2017, 12:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Are you seriously that naaive? It got killed ..haha ... which ideas is there that is not out there thats some one will not try to kill ...

Look up history on electric car and how it was "killed" but all of a sudden tesla is the 2nd largest car maker in market cap .... just needed a different guy.

And I am not gonna go make theoretical discussion if it was successful ..if it was it would have been bad for Bangladesh cricket .. a league based on India would be controlling our sports and players ....

Vision!x!
it was killed, BCCI banned whoever was with the league and made sure other countries dont let any of their players take part in it. without resource it was destined to die

but BPL wont be that case, if players from nepal form a team here BCCI or any other entity wont come knocking with a hammer.

look I didn't reply to this thread at first as I was oppose to a foreign team in our league, but looking at it now from pure sports point of view it wont be that bad to bring teams from other cricket playing countries. it will be nice to see Dhaka vs Kathmandu or Ctg vs say Dublin

India/Pak teams make no sense as they already have their own league and wont allow their team to be part of another league. but I think associate nations will dig the Idea

Old September 6, 2017, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
it was killed, BCCI banned whoever was with the league and made sure other countries dont let any of their players take part in it. without resource it was destined to die

but BPL wont be that case, if players from nepal form a team here BCCI or any other entity wont come knocking with a hammer.

look I didn't reply to this thread at first as I was oppose to a foreign team in our league, but looking at it now from pure sports point of view it wont be that bad to bring teams from other cricket playing countries. it will be nice to see Dhaka vs Kathmandu or Ctg vs say Dublin

India/Pak teams make no sense as they already have their own league and wont allow their team to be part of another league. but I think associate nations will dig the Idea
Don't bother using logic with the illogical. This point has been made before. iDumb is just unable to comprehend.
Old September 6, 2017, 12:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
LOL . I know all that.. you are missing the point I think. It was a open market t20 in India for someone to grab 10 years ago. IPL owners won ..ICL lost simple ... all the rest of excuses u bring are simple hurdles that needed to be overcome.

They still tried somewhat ..that's why the Bangladeshi player exodus despite being it "illegal".. but just weren't good enough ... ever wondered their approach was wrong ?

Quote:
but BPL wont be that case,
Won't be what ? That in trying to create greater international audience that bpl will lose local interest ? Maybe no chatgaigaya is interested in see tamim scoring 100 against some fat guy name laberock or whatever ...

Quote:
India/Pak teams make no sense as they already have their own league
India pak Afghan sl that's where the talent is and that's where the money is ... if icl can take half of Bangladeshi national players illegally ... bpl can't recruit some local boys u telling me from those countries ?

What does their local league have to do with anything ? If teams from these countries do not make sense to u why does one from Nepal does ? Is it because ease of entry ?
Old September 6, 2017, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
3rd biggest cricket league by monetary value, only after IPL and PSL if I am not wrong, I won't call it substandard as it attracted quite few big names over the years, issues I find are lack of venues and poor video quality which can surely be improved.
Don't want to offend you bro but I religiously follow the BPL

The crowd apart from home games is poor
The broadcast quality is poor
Technical aspects is poor
No home and away games
Pitches are rubbish, which is why we have many sub 120 matches

Yes BPL has money and top players but I think quality wise it would 3rd from the bottom of all the T20 leagues in the world.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 6, 2017, 12:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Don't bother using logic with the illogical. This point has been made before.
What point ? What is actually your goal for bpl... figure that out first before writing nonsense .

If it's greater international and quality players along with exposure then Afghanistan... Pakistan or other established countries are better choices...

If it is to form an associate global t20 in bd... then bangladesh is not rich enough to sustain that .... and in an effort to do that it will kill whatever it created ...

But my biggest question is WHY? How does it benefit Bangladesh cricket ?
Old September 6, 2017, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
What point ? What is actually your goal for bpl... figure that out first before writing nonsense .

If it's greater international and quality players along with exposure then Afghanistan... Pakistan or other established countries are better choices...

If it is to form an associate global t20 in bd... then bangladesh is not rich enough to sustain that .... and in an effort to do that it will kill whatever it created ...

But my biggest question is WHY? How does it benefit Bangladesh cricket ?
You only have to read the first post to get the answer to all your questions. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. To get my point (as you asked), you literally have to read the first post. The answers to your questions have also been hammered home by all the other posters. Even the ones that don't agree with me atleast understand the point. You are literally the only guy here who can't comprehend anything whatsoever. It's not our job to hand hold you through every post. It's not a failure on any of us, it's a failure on you.

Just like getting banned was also on you. You can pretend otherwise, but its obvious that's why you are so combative.
Old September 6, 2017, 12:40 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
LOL . I know all that.. you are missing the point I think. It was a open market t20 in India for someone to grab 10 years ago. IPL owners won ..ICL lost simple ... all the rest of excuses u bring are simple hurdles that needed to be overcome.

They still tried somewhat ..that's why the Bangladeshi player exodus despite being it "illegal".. but just weren't good enough ... ever wondered their approach was wrong ?
IPL owners own because they tied up ICL owners with BCCI. I can't do business against you if you lock me up and not let me do anything. Those Bangladeshi players were expats because BCCI made sure of it. if the situation was not like what BCCI made it to be things might have been different, I followed Dhaka Warriors and enjoyed, if the league was legal I would have followed ICL till now because of DW. May be you didn't enjoyed it but its depends on perspective

Quote:
Won't be what ? That in trying to create greater international audience that bpl will lose local interest ? Maybe no chatgaigaya is interested in see tamim scoring 100 against some fat guy name laberock or whatever ...
BCCI will not ban BPL if BPL have a team from Kathmandu, thats what I am saying. it wont face the same issues as ICL. because of BD players playing BPL wont lose interest. I for one would love to see tamim score 100 against dublin dulhas! you will say meh!..see it depends on person to person. you dont like it doesn't mean I wont care. if their are no local interest to see our players vs Katmandu or Dublin or whatever then we can scrap the idea,but before we try we wont know.

Quote:
India pak Afghan sl that's where the talent is and that's where the money is ... if icl can take half of Bangladeshi national players illegally ... bpl can't recruit some local boys u telling me from those countries ?

What does their local league have to do with anything ? If teams from these countries do not make sense to u why does one from Nepal does ? Is it because ease of entry ?
if you take a team from kolkata you are in BCCI territory, you are making money with BCCI product. any team with a Indian origin is BCCI owned. Here BCCI will step in. same thing ICL faced. Thats why I am saying Countries which have their own leagues wont allow their teams to take part in other leagues. Something that is not possible why we are talking about it even if that is where the money is
Old September 6, 2017, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
if you take a team from kolkata you are in BCCI territory, you are making money with BCCI product. any team with a Indian origin is BCCI owned. Here BCCI will step in. same thing ICL faced. Thats why I am saying Countries which have their own leagues wont allow their teams to take part in other leagues. Something that is not possible why we are talking about it even if that is where the money is
this is the only good point made in this thread (apart from all my posts) but that pertains to India. There is Afghanistan with loads of talent waiting to get a sniff.

Ultimately it seems like ease of entry is what attracks you.

Try to think of ways to Elevate quality of BPL so our local boys can be discovered and weight can be given to the tourney for any selection process. It is not in our fans interest to involve associate teams in the league. and that too NEPAL out of anyone.
Old September 6, 2017, 01:10 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Try to think of ways to Elevate quality of BPL so our local boys can be discovered and weight can be given to the tourney for any selection process.

you are right, I agreed with your previous posts that I hoped BPL was there to get hidden local talents. We should try to elevate quality of BPL so we can find better players for our team. that should be the ultimate goal.

now getting associate teams in the mix will degrade the quality I dont agree with that. simply because our own teams are not that good..apart from national players in the team and couple of fringe players most are bad. we have ziaur rahman, nazmul islam apu etc filling atleast 4 spots in a team.

now imagine Ireland National team playing as team from dublin. and if we add 5 foreign players in their team, they are much better than team with ziaur rahman, nazmul islam apu. here we are not degrading quality by adding associate teams. yes you can counter argue that nepal national team is adding no value in this argument and I will give you that.

Quote:
It is not in our fans interest to involve associate teams in the league. and that too NEPAL out of anyone.
I am a fan and I am interested, you are a fan and you think this is a bad idea. its already 50-50, so you cant say for certain its not our fans interest to involve associate teams in the league.
Old September 6, 2017, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

night wolf you are thinking about quality associate teams now. Ireland. If you can get half of ireland national team to play for BPL.. that's great. I also mentioned Afghanistan. zimbabwe. Counties with rich cricket history and following at some point. There is a theme.. if you gonna do it (again why), do it right.

When i say fans interest, I meant to say does it help bangladesh cricket? that's the main question. whose pocket its filing or emptying is not any of our concern for a tournament paid by private companies.

the only thing nepal is good at is making delicious Momos.
Old September 6, 2017, 02:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

I agree with idumb on ICL. Lol at people making a martyr out of it. ICL was a rogue league and treated as such. It was an epitome of ill planned activity and poor vision. An act of stupidity does not become bravery no matter how cool and revelutionary it sounds. What were they expecting when they went up against the most powerful board and the governing body of cricket itself? You can not drain out talents illegally from countries and expect the respective boards to just sit back and chill. They knew the rules, they knew who they will be compitting against. BCCI did nothing wrong, no government tolerates a parallel government within its boundary. Punching above weight is cool and all but when a featherweight decides to lock horns with the heavyweight champion and don't come out alive of the ring he has no one to blame but himself. When you set up a business without risk analysis and market study your business is bound to fail, your shiny business ideas are worth jack. You take lessons from failures and disasters, you don't celebrate them and repeat the same **** all over again.

Having said all these I do believe there is merit in Yankees' proposal, as it is about promoting talents of new members not breaking away or draining resources from already established cricket playing countries.
Old September 6, 2017, 03:08 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Lol at people making a martyr out of it. ICL was a rogue league and treated as such. It was an epitome of ill planned activity and poor vision. An act of stupidity does not become bravery no matter how cool and revelutionary it sounds. What were they expecting when they went up against the most powerful board and the governing body of cricket itself? You can not drain out talents illegally from countries and expect the respective boards to just sit back and chill. They knew the rules, they knew who they will be compitting against. BCCI did nothing wrong, no government tolerates a parallel government within its boundary. Punching above weight is cool and all but when a featherweight decides to lock horns with the heavyweight champion and don't come out alive of the ring he has no one to blame but himself. When you set up a business without risk analysis and market study your business is bound to fail, your shiny business ideas are worth jack. You take lessons from failures and disasters, you don't celebrate them and repeat the same **** all over again.

Having said all these I do believe their is merit in Yankees' proposal, as it is about promoting talents of new members not breaking away or draining resources from already established cricket playing countries.
No need to get defensive and defend your beloved BCCI. Nobody here is saying ICL was a noble initiative and needed to continue. The model of ICL of having a team from Bangladesh and Pakistan alongside the Indian franchises worked to market the tournament to those countries. Whether it is illegal or not is not the discussion since nobody is defending ICL here. ICL is only being used as an example to prove that it is possible for BPL to field a Nepali team in similar fashion provided there is a market demand for it in Nepal.
Old September 6, 2017, 03:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
No need to get defensive and defend your beloved BCCI. Nobody here is saying ICL was a noble initiative and needed to continue. The model of ICL of having a team from Bangladesh and Pakistan alongside the Indian franchises worked to market the tournament to those countries. Whether it is illegal or not is not the discussion since nobody is defending ICL here. ICL is only being used as an example to prove that it is possible for BPL to field a Nepali team in similar fashion provided there is a market demand for it in Nepal.
So I am being defensive for merely stating my opinion

The big bad BCCI has every right to safeguard it's interest and eliminate threats, if there was a rebel league within BD I am sure BCB would have done the same.

Double at ICL model, a tried and tested failure, being used to prove a point and presented as a glorified example. If you actually read my post without cherry-picking the keyword 'BCCI' you would know I liked the idea (Not that it matters) of having teams from Nepal and other associates in BPL, just that can't help but point out the logical fallacies of taking inspiration from a disastrous and rogue league.
Old September 6, 2017, 03:49 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
So I am being defensive for merely stating my opinion

The big bad BCCI has every right to safeguard it's interest and eliminate threats, if there was a rebel league within BD I am sure BCB would have done the same.

Double at ICL model, a tried and tested failure, being used to prove a point and presented as a glorified example. If you actually read my post without cherry-picking the keyword 'BCCI' you would know I liked the idea (Not that it matters) of having teams from Nepal and other associates in BPL, just that can't help but point out the logical fallacies of comparing a rogue league with a functional one.
Anything related to IPL and BCCI and a Trumpesque reaction is a certainty from you
but do speak your mind about harmful effects and consequences of rebel leagues however tangential it is to this particular discussion.
Old September 6, 2017, 03:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Anything related to IPL and BCCI and a Trumpesque reaction is a certainty from you
Intolerance much? Can't handle different opinions? Or is it my nationality that rattles your cage? I really don't think I need assistance or recommendations to form my own opinions. Disagree all you want, refute my points by all means, but when you come up with straw-man arguments like this you lose credibility.
Old September 6, 2017, 04:07 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
I agree with idumb on ICL. Lol at people making a martyr out of it. ICL was a rogue league and treated as such. It was an epitome of ill planned activity and poor vision. An act of stupidity does not become bravery no matter how cool and revelutionary it sounds. What were they expecting when they went up against the most powerful board and the governing body of cricket itself? You can not drain out talents illegally from countries and expect the respective boards to just sit back and chill. They knew the rules, they knew who they will be compitting against. BCCI did nothing wrong, no government tolerates a parallel government within its boundary. Punching above weight is cool and all but when a featherweight decides to lock horns with the heavyweight champion and don't come out alive of the ring he has no one to blame but himself. When you set up a business without risk analysis and market study your business is bound to fail, your shiny business ideas are worth jack. You take lessons from failures and disasters, you don't celebrate them and repeat the same **** all over again.

Having said all these I do believe there is merit in Yankees' proposal, as it is about promoting talents of new members not breaking away or draining resources from already established cricket playing countries.
let me clear the air first. BCCI is not at fault here for killing ICL. ICL was a league that was using BCCI's properties and players to earn money without BCCI's consent. BCCI spends huge amount of money to create the local players that ICL were using. Any Cricket Board should not allow this, the best business decision was to crush ICL. any Board if allow something like ICL is stupid.

Having said that Me and idumb we were having discussion about the concept that ICL brought to the table. he argued that it was a failed league and I counter argued that it failed because of the circumstances with BCCI, ICL wasn't given the chance to flourish and we will never know what could have happen if BCCI did not kill it.

we are here discussing about if ICL concept of teams from different countries can work in BPL since here a force like BCCI will not be involved.
Old September 6, 2017, 04:14 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:

we are here discussing about if ICL concept of teams from different countries can work in BPL since here a force like BCCI will not be involved.
This was my original point as well. I think for all posts remotely mentioning BCCI we should put a disclaimer "This is not an attack on BCCI" in all caps to avoid hurting people's feelings
Old September 6, 2017, 10:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Interesting idea.

Not sure how big cricket is in Nepal and if any Nepalese company can buy a franchise and afford to buy international level cricketers.

I think Afg/Ireland are better options but as you said logistics will be an issue there.

It will be a completely requisitionary idea that has never been done before. So that's why I don't think BCB will take the risk.
Old September 6, 2017, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Great post
Old September 6, 2017, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

I think we can all agree that ICL was doomed to fail from the start. BCCI (just like BCB) is a government entity that has a complete monopoly on cricket in India. If I remeber correctly, BCB also put a ban on all ICL matches being televised in Bangladesh. So obviously a private company can never stand a chance at survival under those market conditions.

With that said, the people behind ICL were visionaries. It was the first T20 city based competition in the world (excluding England county system) and was basically copied by BCCI for IPL a year later. If what they did was so terrible, why did BCCI create the exact same thing? ICL beat IPL to the punch, had first mover advantage, and if IPL wasn't a government backed entity, then who knows what would have happened.

A similar thing happened in the US with basketball. There was the NBA league and then the ABA league was formed. NBA eventually won out and there was an acuquisition where 4 of the ABA teams joined the NBA. ABA actually pioneered the 3-point shot, which the NBA copied and is so prevalent in all the NBA games today. It made the NBA better in the long run.

My point is that when government has complete monopoly, its never a good thing. Development is slowed simply because it has no competition. Sometimes it takes a "rebel" league to show the way.

Last edited by Yankees; September 6, 2017 at 07:00 PM..
Old September 12, 2017, 10:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Apologies for bringing up an old thread, but here's an interesting and relevant article about why the NFL's Jacksonville Jags keep playing "home games" in London (b/c of money) :

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/heres-l...054351876.html

London doesn't have a NFL style league of their own, so every time the Jags play, games are always sold out. The NFL also has considered having a NFL franchise in London in the future.

Why is the NFL focused on London and not Canada, where they actually have history of playing football? Because Canada already has the CFL. The UK has nothing.

Hence why I suggested Kathmandu, Nepal and not Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, etc. as iDumb has repeatedly gone on about. You go where there is demand AND where the fans are void of any other substitutes.
Old May 13, 2018, 04:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Bumping an old but relevant thread after Sandeep's debut. Pretty sure BPL contract is next for him. More exciting talent to come from Nepal, i'm sure.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/video/clip?id=23487219
Old May 13, 2018, 09:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Watched all his deliveries last night. 17 years old, and this level of maturity! Frightening.

He had good control, hitting the right length, and had a good googly. Why on earth cant we produce one leg spinner
Old May 13, 2018, 11:01 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Watched all his deliveries last night. 17 years old, and this level of maturity! Frightening.

He had good control, hitting the right length, and had a good googly. Why on earth cant we produce one leg spinner
forget about leg spin, we cant even produce a single decent off spinner, Miraz cant spin the ball one millimeter without the help of the pitch
Old May 14, 2018, 08:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Virender Sehwag

Is the "author" going to credit sources at all?

Or maybe its just a co-incidence that the first post of this thread is a blatant copy of an idea that was posted on a different cricket forum just a couple of days before the inspiration struck him? Article below was posted on August 31st, and this one comes through a couple of days later.

http://www.indiancricketfans.com/art...n-cricket-r59/

Btw, I lurk here occasionally. First time posting. Hello all.