facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 12, 2007, 04:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default meditate, Bangladesh

the bangladeshi cricket players are in a time period when they are extremely stressed out. they have had a long world cup and then india and now the afro-asia cup and sri lanka... they need a 4-5 month vacation to regather themselves and spent time with family, friends. all i see is that 15/16 players working day and night losing sleep over making a 6/7 year old little girl happy along with millions of bangladeshi people all over the world trying to live up to the expectations... come on... they are humans not a fighting machine who serves 15/16 million people.

right now is a great time for the whole bangladeshi team to meditate and relax, they have had a long year so far... and we don't want to totally stress our players out before this important sri lankan series, they need to calm their minds and relax. does anybody hear me,

the only way the bangladeshi team will outperform the sri lankans is with consistent concentration of the mind... they are capable of big, big victories....

Last edited by Rifat; June 13, 2007 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old June 12, 2007, 04:02 PM
Club Cricketer

puran pagol bhat pai na......
Old June 12, 2007, 04:08 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
4-5 month vacation
Everyone would gain weight and turn out to be like Ramesh Powar. Scary thought in its self, let alone the red shades.

Now you make a choice..
Old June 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name
puran pagol bhat pai na......
people are so so so so cruel
Old June 12, 2007, 04:39 PM
Cricket Sage

You think they need more time to relax? I thought they are doing that during the allocated 4th and 5th day of each test matches.
Old June 12, 2007, 04:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You think they need more time to relax? I thought they are doing that during the allocated 4th and 5th day of each test matches.
that's because they lack patience but if they concentrate on their minds, they shall last until the 5th day in the sri lankan test god willing
Old June 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifat
that's because they lack patience but if they concentrate on their minds, they shall last until the 5th day in the sri lankan test god willing
I thought its the other way around. They need more rigorus training to get a feeling what it takes to play 5 days TEST (apart from ODI). You don't learn it by relaxing during training, you condition yourself (soul as well as body) by practicing 200% harder (than play time condition). And thats how you seperate MENs from boys.

Now if any player thinks its too much work for the whole year... needs some rest... they are more than welcome to take a break ... and let other players (waiting in line) to substitute him.
Old June 12, 2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram

man, we cant do much about this busy international schedule. there was a specific cricket season during 80's(and before) and the players used to get 4/5 months vacation per year. but cricket is played throughout the year now and the teams have to adjust with this hectic schedule nonetheless. although it puts much pressure on their fitness and form, but they have to cope with this reality.
Old June 12, 2007, 05:18 PM
Cricket Sage

well, the players know all the basics and what to handle when it is only a matter of time to apply it because what's the point of playing cricket if you are fatigued out??? that was the point i started this thread so that our players are full of energy so we play good in sri lanka...
Old June 12, 2007, 05:31 PM

WC 2011:
Breaking News:
Bangladesh withdraw from WC (!) due to kheluerder grihoteg and meditation er jonno boney asroy grohon !!!

Mashrafi is leading the way...
Old June 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
WC 2011:
Breaking News:
Bangladesh withdraw from WC (!) due to kheluerder grihoteg and meditation er jonno boney asroy grohon er jonno.!!!

Mashrafi is leading the way...
Great satire my friend you are totally missing my point. [edit]

Last edited by Ehsan; June 12, 2007 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: mod.content - watch the language, review our board rules.
Old June 12, 2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Great satire my friend you are totally missing my point. [edit]

Boss, [edit] -a ki hoy bujhlam na!...Nichu storer prani to tai rader er upor diye choley giyechey!!Anyway, Boss money hochchey hasso-roshin kastha manus?!!! ...tamasa-o bujhey na!

Last edited by Ehsan; June 12, 2007 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: mod.content - quote edited
Old June 12, 2007, 05:45 PM
Cricket Sage

i should prabably get banned for my irrational behavior... my apologies indeed ami akta nichu storer prani who is trying to work his way up...
Old June 12, 2007, 05:47 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ashraful*Tamim*Mashrafee

Ok, agreed that they need a vacation. But 4-5 months!!!! Isn't that a bit too farfetched ? These players are professional cricketers, and they probably like their profession. And although they need a break once in a while, they most likely will not want to take 4-5 month vacation, when they could be at the peak of their career, earning fame, recognition, and bringing pride to their country etc.......
Old June 12, 2007, 06:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

4/5 months is a bit too much. What they need is sponsors to pay for their wife (or wives...just in any case) and/or girlfriend(s) to go with them during tourneys.

If anyone's wondering whether I'm joknig, I'm not. I'm serious.
Old June 12, 2007, 06:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Rifat Bhai if they BD players have break for 4/5 months I will go crazy
Old June 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
First Class Cricketer

lol..a funny thread after some time.. mash sitting under the banyan tree...lmao..btw what happens if the players neither have wives nor girlfriends? will the bc (esp females) community help them in that case?
Old June 12, 2007, 07:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Then they lose out on this exciting opportunity. Although, there may be a deal that the players/sponsors can have. If players can remain unmarried or un-engaged, they should be awarded with the money that would've been otherwise spent on their wife(wives)/girlfriend(s).
Old June 12, 2007, 08:36 PM
Cricket Sage

lol, i am grateful for the people who appreciate my work of literature.. but i do realize that in the 21st century cricket 4/5 months is a bit too long... wait we do get a break until the mini 20/20 world cup and until the new zealand series... right?
Old June 12, 2007, 08:37 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Rifat Bhai if they BD players have break for 4/5 months I will go crazy
lol, we fans live for bangladeshi cricket, that should cheer the team up then if that works then they don't need to meditate, they will be very high in spirit and then god willing...

Last edited by Rifat; June 12, 2007 at 08:44 PM..
Old June 12, 2007, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Quote:
I thought its the other way around. They need more rigorus training to get a feeling what it takes to play 5 days TEST (apart from ODI). You don't learn it by relaxing during training, you condition yourself (soul as well as body) by practicing 200% harder (than play time condition). And thats how you seperate MENs from boys.

Now if any player thinks its too much work for the whole year... needs some rest... they are more than welcome to take a break ... and let other players (waiting in line) to substitute him.
Snatched the words right out of my mouth, Fazal bhai.
Old June 12, 2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
i should prabably get banned for my irrational behavior... my apologies indeed ami akta nichu storer prani who is trying to work his way up...
You seems like a good person and have love for our team! You just need to have positive attitude and respect "poromotsohisnota" thats all!! Cheers-
Old June 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Quote:

Fazal bhai....perfect....feel exactly the same way
Old June 13, 2007, 02:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

mind over matter. zen and the art of playing cricket ... interesting topic. good effort rifat.

systematic visualization has been used as an effective tool for champion cricketers since day 1, but their actual "meditation" usually takes place on the pitch, not inside some yoga spa for 4 to 5 months.

a longer NCL - meaning an NCL formatted with a best of 5 First Class (instead of the current 2 match, home and away format) and best of 7 List-A matches (instead of the current 1 match format) for each team - played throughout the year if possible on a variety of pitches, can and will create better opportunities for our players to train themselves to learn to focus, empty their minds, and play each situation according to its own unique merit whenever they find themselves in the middle.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 13, 2007 at 10:04 AM..
Old June 13, 2007, 03:42 AM
First Class Cricketer

Then better retire....