facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old October 22, 2008, 10:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
agreed. But if we're going to have rokib in the team, someone needs to be dropped to accomodate him...
Follow Kumble!! Come on Ash!! Give it up!! I will not call for your head if you give up your position for the next test. You are the one you have under performed the most. You should know. If not look at the scorecard. Give up your spot!!

For the team's sake show you can do anything. For your players, fans show that you can even sit out a test watch the match at home having home cooking meal. I will be ever grateful. So will be Bangladesh. For Multan we blame the umpires. For Chittagong I blame you. For Mirpur I will again blame you.

Old October 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TI/Dwayne Bravo/Afridi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports_fan_bd
I think RS will be happy to do that if necessary.
who the hell is rs???

Mrs Mahmudullah Riyad
Old October 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobha
who the hell is rs???

Rajin Saleh
Old October 22, 2008, 12:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

According to Cricinfo:
New Zealand allrounder, Jacob Oram, is in doubt for the second Test against Bangladesh starting Saturday at Dhaka. He experienced back pain after bowling in Bangladesh's second innings in the first Test at Chittagong and is currently undergoing scans in Dhaka.
Old October 22, 2008, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by zia
According to Cricinfo:
New Zealand allrounder, Jacob Oram, is in doubt for the second Test against Bangladesh starting Saturday at Dhaka. He experienced back pain after bowling in Bangladesh's second innings in the first Test at Chittagong and is currently undergoing scans in Dhaka.
there goes one of the saviors for the kiwies!
Old October 22, 2008, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I want to see Nafees Iqbal instead of Juanied. Rajin Saleh should make room for Rokibul. This will give us a solid batting line up. I also wanted Ash the fool out but he is the Kaptan. Bad luck. Do you know Ash holds the highest record for getting out before opening his account ( 0 ) in test cricket than any other players of Bangladesh? What a contrast to NZ captain.
Old October 22, 2008, 12:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Bismillah! Inshallah we will play better and we will hit NZ hard in mirpur!
mirpur is the spiritual ground fro the tigers! the tigers (or tiger, or are there any left?) at the mirpur zoo ain't too far from the ground! come on BANGLADESH! if we have to lose, we will lose, what the hell....still make it harder for them NZ boys....
rest is peaceful and wait for your flight to SAFA!

go cricman bhai....you are the super champion.....
Old October 22, 2008, 12:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Ash is going to make a century in Dhaka Test. Come on Ash do it again
Old October 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

BD er 2nd Test Squad ekhono announce korenai?
Old October 22, 2008, 12:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Good luck to Bangladesh.
Hope our boys can put up a better 2nd test performance than the history suggests.

Make it happen boys.
Write history in your own way.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old October 22, 2008, 01:46 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

জয় হোক টাইগারদের।
ইচ্ছা আছে ঢাকা টেস্টের একদিন মাঠে যাবো!
Old October 22, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
জয় হোক টাইগারদের।
Don't wait till the fifth day!!! This time take a good camera and be "click" happy!! Cherish the moments.
Old October 22, 2008, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Tamim: Slog.
Junaed: Any runs would be good.
Rajin: Score at a strike-rate of 20+, he'll get 50
Ash: Play natural game/ how he's been playing in ODI's
Mehrab: Play as he did in the 1st test.
Naeem: Bat the way he did in the 3rd ODI.
Shakib: see 1st Test
Mash: Take 5 wickets in match and bat in the right gear
Razz: See Mash + less arm balls, more flight.
Shahadat: Take 5 wickets in match, concede less than 4 an over, less short balls.
Old October 22, 2008, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers_eye
don't wait till the fifth day!!! This time take a good camera and be "click" happy!! Cherish the moments.
নাহ! ৫ম দিন খেলা গড়াবে না মিরপুরে, কিউই পাখিদের রোস্ট আগেই খাবো গরম গরম মাঠ থেকে!!
Old October 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
জয় হোক টাইগারদের।
If I were you I would go in first day and last day (which can be on 4 th day). I dont think it will be 5 day match.

Good luck to your quest. Go Tiger Army.
Old October 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

টাইগারদের জন্য শুভকামনা।
Old October 22, 2008, 03:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Best wishes for Bangladesh cricket team for 2nd Test in Dhaka.

Last edited by Green Tea; October 22, 2008 at 03:54 PM..
Old October 22, 2008, 05:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
নাহ! ৫ম দিন খেলা গড়াবে না মিরপুরে, কিউই পাখিদের রোস্ট আগেই খাবো গরম গরম মাঠ থেকে!!
Inshallah, with garam masala, ada, dhonia and jira and and extra bit of brahmanbairan chilly! let's make it hot and sweat! it will taste super heavenly!
Old October 22, 2008, 06:01 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: SH, MH, TA

All the best to the tigers. Hope they come up with the same attitude as they showed at ctg.
Go Tigers!!!
Old October 22, 2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers_eye
follow kumble!! Come on ash!! Give it up!! I will not call for your head if you give up your position for the next test. You are the one you have under performed the most. You should know. If not look at the scorecard. Give up your spot!!

For the team's sake show you can do anything. For your players, fans show that you can even sit out a test watch the match at home having home cooking meal. I will be ever grateful. So will be bangladesh. For multan we blame the umpires. For chittagong i blame you. for mirpur i will again blame you.
পারবেন না...মিজান ভাই!?
যদি আপনার কথা আশরাফুল শোনে, তাহলে অন্য কাউকে "বলির পাঠা" বানাতে হবে!!
Old October 22, 2008, 08:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_cat
dont expect too much from this test. NZ will be well prepared this time. we lost the golden opportunity in first test. we could lose this test with huge mergin. once again BD will miss the real test spinner who is enam jr. razzq wont get many wkts and eventually wont help bd. this time bowling of Sakib wont also help.
It's what we do, not what NZ does ... I've Heard this Crap all series. We've been Step to Step With them All Series and We kind of Fade at the End.

Just Watch, Listen Paltalk or Read Cricinfo
Old October 22, 2008, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Come on Bangladesh,lets win this one.
Old October 22, 2008, 09:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Following was a good read:
Hope the grades get better in this match.

October 22, 2008
Posted by Paul Ford 15 hours, 51 minutes ago
New Zealand by a freckle

Daniel Vettori: "The best No. 8 batsman and left-arm spinner in the history of Test cricket" © Getty Images

Greetings from Beige Brigade headquarters in deepest, darkest Karori - a part of New Zealand's capital city that is allegedly the largest suburb in the southern hemisphere. It’s lovely to be with you as the new bloke on Different Strokes.
I put my hairy neck on the line before a ball was bowled in the current battle between the team with a firm grip on the wooden spoon in the half-baked Reliance Mobile Test Championship, and another side in the doldrums of the pecking order and just two spots above.
I still honestly thought New Zealand would swagger across to the People's Republic of Bangladesh, a land of rice and reckless batsmen, and destroy them. And I put it in print, albeit masquerading as the intimate and unspoken thoughts of the New Zealand captain.
But the Bangladashis have played pretty well, and the Black Caps (who wear a uniform that might be dark blue) have been a little less than ordinary. The defeat in the one-dayer to start the series was certainly ignominious, and the win completed in the last 24 hours is my nomination for the most painful New Zealand victory in our history of Test cricket.
If I was fair and took off my Ray-Bans to run a few numbers through the abacus, comparing the Test records of the Tigers and the Kiwis man-for-man is a surprisingly sobering task, even for a Beige Brigadier surrounded by amber liquid of various sorts, and theoretically wallowing in a rare New Zealand Test victory.
Witness an analysis using HowSTAT's "team comparison" function, a lick of my own gut feel from watching the grinding series on the gogglebox, and a dash of jiggery pokery.
Redmond v Tamim: These forward defensive addicts have both had less than 10 innings in Test cricket – but Tamim averages 25.33 to Redmond's 19.00. Bangladesh 1, NZ 0.
How v Siddique: Jamie H has this one for New Zealand. The Bengali may have peaked in the one-dayers but with just six runs in the Test, and a total batting existence of just 14 balls. B 1, NZ 1.
Ryder v Saleh: The ‘Deshi is a veteran compared to the media magnet frame of Jesse Ryder. By the end of their respective careers, the Kiwi will have a greater impact on the cricket scene than his rival - but not yet. I'm copping out - this one's a draw. B 1, NZ 1.
Taylor v Ashraful: Another mismatch in size and appetite - Ashraful plays the million-dollar shot relentlessly, but it only comes off one in a million times. Taylor's been below-par with 21 runs in the test but that is 19 more than his rival. B 1, NZ 2.
Flynn vs Mehrab: Both have demonstrated more grit than the Sahara Desert at times during the series, but this one is Mehrab's at present - his average is a couple of lazy digits better than the young Kiwi left-hander and he scored more runs in the Test. B 2, NZ 2.
McCullum vs Mushfiqur: It is McCullum by miles on paper, but he appears to have been taking batting lessons from the Bangladesh captain over the past few weeks - and he received the worst lbw decision in the history of the game yesterday. The rumour this South Island property magnate is distracted by a looming real estate slump in NZ is probably unfair, but he's had his own little slump this week. B 3, NZ 2.
Oram vs Naeem: Big Jacob Oram should snare the allrounder war, although a quirk of statistics sees recent debutant Naeem with a better bowling average after snaring the scalp of Flynn this week. Both were less than effective with the bat. It's a painful draw. B 3, NZ 2.
Vettori vs Shakib: The best No. 8 batsman and left-arm spinner in the history of Test cricket grabs this one after an unbelievable performance, although the Tiger representative was on the hairy shoulder of the bespectacled Italian with both bat and ball in this match. B3, NZ 3.
Mills v Mortaza: Mortaza by a whisker - 1/50 vs 1/101 in the Test. The heat is obviously getting to the New Zealander who was in a permanent state of perspiration/exasperation at Chittagong. B4, NZ 3.
Patel vs Razzak: Razzak might have been the only Bangladeshi to make the IPL but his Test record is ordinary at best. Wellington's finest claims this one with his 4/120 trumping Razzak's 4/144 match figures. B 4, NZ 4.
O'Brien vs Shahadat: Unfashionable but reliable - the NZ skipper is using O'Brien (famous for looking like Dr Cox from the sit-com Scrubs) as his “banker” in Test matches these days. And he’s delivering with determination in spades. The Kiwi has the edge of the honest toilers here and tips the scales in the Black Caps’ favour by a freckle. B 4, NZ 5.

Old October 22, 2008, 10:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

Shouldnt you be comparing How to Tamim and Redmon to Junaid? considering How and Tamim are the "senior" members in the opening partnerships
Old October 22, 2008, 10:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
Shouldnt you be comparing How to Tamim and Redmon to Junaid? considering How and Tamim are the "senior" members in the opening partnerships
May be you are right, you should go to Paul's blog through Cricinfo link and put this comment.