facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 4, 2012, 10:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Why all the anti-Shakib feeling here in BC. Not fair . Here is he without make up. Decide for yourself

Our khan is much better than the Pathan King Khan. Shows we have a good mix

Old May 4, 2012, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

So you are saying Rafique is the avg. Bengali? That face just as easily could be from Morrocco,Iraq, and closer to us, even Sri Lanka. I'm telling you man, there is no such thing as a national face prototype by which you can identify one from a crowd.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: YOURFACE

^ with a population 160+ million, there's bound to be variety. But honestly speaking, I can almost always spot bengali's in a crowd.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
So you are saying Rafique is the avg. Bengali? That face just as easily could be from Morrocco,Iraq, and closer to us, even Sri Lanka. I'm telling you man, there is no such thing as a national face prototype by which you can identify one from a crowd.
Then you may have a discerning eye if you think Rafique looks Moroccan or Iraqi. He would not even pass for a Sinhalese even giving the common ancestry. As I mentioned in an earlier post, one can tell quote easily someone's origin if you know of the subtle facial differences (ignoring other physical traits). Even my wife can now pick a Bangali out of a crowd of desis with fairly good precision and recall.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Why all the anti-Shakib feeling here in BC. Not fair . Here is he without make up. Decide for yourself

Our khan is much better than the Pathan King Khan. Shows we have a good mix

and how do you know that Shakib aka @#$%^&^%$ khan didn't put on make-up in it? Mufi lol! Couldn't you find anything else than comparing this
Old May 5, 2012, 05:04 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Shah rukh aint pathan, he's a ----------------
Why's shakib wearing two earings?
There's place for only one shakib in the limelight and it's not the guy above
Old May 5, 2012, 05:11 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

I thought gota change from the Bhaat chehara so I opted for pasta and pizza, this is what happened

Didn't like the look so went for the baked beans look

Didn't like that either. looked like a womaniser. Went for a diet high in fibre and fruits

Then got saddled with a loser

Ate a lot of spinach so I could look like................

Instead ended up like

Then I realised I'm happy the way I am
Old May 5, 2012, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
and how do you know that Shakib aka @#$%^&^%$ khan didn't put on make-up in it? Mufi lol! Couldn't you find anything else than comparing this
LOL. I know. As much of a good dude Mufi is, he has dug himself into a big hole in this thread. First trying to say Bengalis can be easily recognized, and now with the whole man crush on Shakib Khan.
Old May 5, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

From my father's side (still in close contact with the original family in those places):

Turko-Persian-Punjabi (Mughal) + Bangali with family in Old Dhaka, Noakhali, Feni, Chittagong, Khorasan and India (Isfahan, Iran; Old Delhi & Gurgaon, Hariyana) + Indigenous Tripura with family in Agartala, India.

From my mother's side:

Bangali + Indigenous Tripura with family in Noakhali, Laksmipur and Agartala, India.

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 5, 2012, 07:00 AM
Administrator

I have a dash of Vulcan and a smidgen of Romulun.
Old May 5, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I have a dash of Vulcan and a smidgen of Romulun.
Sounds like a perfect Bangali like moi.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old May 5, 2012, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel N

sohel bhai your mom is very beautiful. what i dont understand is how a monster looking guy like you came out of her. the power of carried genes

nice pictures.

i dnt really say this to a lot of guy (actually i do) but nice eyes.
Old May 5, 2012, 08:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

both you and your brother look like your father,specially yr bro is very similar looking to yr father.
Old May 5, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cricket Savant

@Orphy: she is and I've often wondered the same.

@Simon: my brother Saanyaan looks EXACTLY like my dad except at 6'2", he's taller like my grandfather and a couple of uncles. I look like a combination of my parents but looked more like my mom before hitting puberty.
Old May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Dear Sohel bhai saheeb, salaam!

First fo all, both of your amma and abba are very Shaarif looking Bonedi Shaandar people! And both you and your little brother are as well but a bit Motoo! You and your brother look more Columbian-Italiano famiglia del Miami-Bogota hitman type...heheheh, khub shundor lagche amar kachey!!!

2nd: Sohel da, byt the way Orphy's eyes are on you now, he liked your eyes!!! Both you are Chatgiya and Orphy is a Chatigaiya, now you need to sleep at night with your door closed, locked, with blanket, Kombol, Comforters, Lep all wrapped up!! Karon Orphy's moti-goti uddesho bola jai naa...ekbar kichu hoye gele Orphy will laugh and dance and clap and apni on the hand cry cry koira kandben...aar amra BC-te shobai bolbo, Ya Allah, Nauzubillah, Ki hoiya gello!! Hehehe! Orphy-ke Barite dhuktey dieyen naa!
Old May 6, 2012, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
From my father's side (still in close contact with the original family in those places):

Turko-Persian-Punjabi (Mughal) + Bangali with family in Old Dhaka, Noakhali, Feni, Chittagong, Khorasan and India (Isfahan, Iran; Old Delhi & Gurgaon, Hariyana) + Indigenous Tripura with family in Agartala, India.

From my mother's side:

Bangali + Indigenous Tripura with family in Noakhali, Laksmipur and Agartala, India.
NOAKHALI!!! Ore!!!! No wonder your parents are so good-looking well Noakhali people are very broad-hearted as well
Yes, your brother does look like a mirror reflection to your father(may his soul rest in peace)....
Old May 6, 2012, 11:30 PM
Cricket Savant

@BK: my brother and I are way beyond "a bit motoo" at this point and must get back in shape pronto. If not, it'll never happen again, and we'll become permanent Mayors of Man Boob City. I come from a "dangerously liberal and proud" family, and lived and worked in San Francisco long enough not to let Lal Khan Bajar bother me. As a matter of fact, I find compliments from my own gender quite flattering. We have some openly and closeted gay people in our family, not all from Chittagong, and we love them all, and accept them for what GOD made them to be.

@Zinat: NK rocks because we have the best and worst of what Bangladesh has to offer. Nothing in-between. The Tripura blood adds the balance and thank GOD for that.
Old May 7, 2012, 01:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
@Zinat: NK rocks because we have the best and worst of what Bangladesh has to offer. Nothing in-between. The Tripura blood adds the balance and thank GOD for that.
100% true. We don't deal in-between
Old May 7, 2012, 02:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
100% true. We don't deal in-between
Here's a classic example. Recently a group of relatives wanted to buy a piece of "dhani" land from me, about the size of 3 soccer fields by the highway, at the rate of BDT 6,000 per decimal. I had no idea about such things and called the DC's office in NK. The DC wasn't in but his PS told me that the government rate was about BDT 10,000 per decimal for that particular piece of land. So I made some more phone calls and was advised by another group of relatives not to sell below BDT 17,000 per decimal and they offered to pay cash right away. Happy, I drove over to the NK to do the paperwork. The DC had returned by then and invited me for lunch before signing the papers. A third group of politically active BAL relatives, until that point in the dark about the deal, joined us. There I was informed that the market value of the land is actually BDT 150,000 per decimal because of commercial development (hospital, apartments and a fishery) in the area! One of them instantly paid cash for all 48 decimals and saved me from being defrauded like that. Just calculate the monumental discrepancy in money and you'll see my relief.

Things are totally different with my Dhakaiya and Adibashi Tripura relatives. They'll never do any of the things my NK and CTG relatives are capable of doing either way.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Here's a classic example. Recently a group of relatives wanted to buy a piece of "dhani" land from me, about the size of 3 soccer fields by the highway, at the rate of BDT 6,000 per decimal. I had no idea about such things and called the DC's office in NK. The DC wasn't in but his PS told me that the government rate was about BDT 10,000 per decimal for that particular piece of land. So I made some more phone calls and was advised by another group of relatives not to sell below BDT 17,000 per decimal and they offered to pay cash right away. Happy, I drove over to the NK to do the paperwork. The DC had returned by then and invited me for lunch before signing the papers. A third group of politically active BAL relatives, until that point in the dark about the deal, joined us. There I was informed that the market value of the land is actually BDT 150,000 per decimal because of commercial development (hospital, apartments and a fishery) in the area! One of them instantly paid cash for all 48 decimals and saved me from being defrauded like that. Just calculate the monumental discrepancy in money and you'll see my relief.

Things are totally different with my Dhakaiya and Adibashi Tripura relatives. They'll never do any of the things my NK and CTG relatives are capable of doing either way.
Haha! This just reminded me of the incident that my father faced while selling his property at NK. Well, in spite of all this, you have to admit that NK's are probably one of the most hospitable people in our country (well Bangladeshis are in general)

By the way, your nanu will be in prayers. At least you are lucky to be able to get spoiled by her....I, for one, did not witness it, she passed away when Ma was studying in 3rd grade.
Old May 7, 2012, 08:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

This page goes to NK ... where are others of BNCC..? This belt might have had a lots of mixes between them??
Old May 7, 2012, 08:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I think the Shatoals have similar feature like the Aboriginals of Aus- papua- Pacific islanders. They maybe the oldest inhabitants. No one will claim to be one however, sadly...
Old May 7, 2012, 09:03 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think Sohel da's brother has that Turkic/Central Asian features as he said he has family has roots there too.

What's more interesting is our similarity with Mexicans or Central American people. Height, Hair, Skin tone, and everything is very similar. There are some Hispanics that looks so similar that if few goes to Dhaka people won't realize they are different and would start talking in Bangla. Its funny that we are continents apart but somehow looks very similar.
Old May 7, 2012, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I think the Shatoals have similar feature like the Aboriginals of Aus- papua- Pacific islanders. They maybe the oldest inhabitants. No one will claim to be one however, sadly...
We Bengalis have assimilated much of the original inhabitants. Look to the etymology of "deshi" words - chingri, chula, pet etc. These do not have Indo-European roots.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

I meant Shaotals ( Santals ), not Shatoals..