facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 17, 2013, 12:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
CI: Bangladesh board didn't follow protocol - PCB
This by far has to be the most funniest excuse ever ... Trolling comes in all form i suppose

Old January 17, 2013, 03:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
anyway, the absence of Pak cricket is definitely going to hurt BPL,they really added a lot of value to this league but at the same time now it's sure that we r not visiting Pak.
There is a lot more for Pak to lose than us.
Pak players lost a way of very good income/experience aswell as they lost their best possible candidate for touring them.
PCB is way more powerful and financially stronger than BCB. Sure the PAK players lost money, but the cash rich PSL will allow them make a whole lot more. PSL teams would be bought by middle eastern billionaires and trust me they will pay a whole lot more.

I won't be surprised PCB manages to host ZIM or WI somehow this year. Money talks and after PSL PCB will have lot of it.

PCB might arrange a PAK IND tour in Dubai. PCB and BCCI are close.

I hate to say this but I have a feeling BPL won't be same without PAK players. Why? People in BD show up in stadiums to see subcontinent players, not to see no name players from other countries. That's why stadium is empty even when SA national team visit.
Old January 17, 2013, 07:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

Pakistan is a strong team, no doubt, but don't think that they have more money than BCB. BCB is very rich and should be among top 4/5 richest boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
PCB is way more powerful and financially stronger than BCB. Sure the PAK players lost money, but the cash rich PSL will allow them make a whole lot more. PSL teams would be bought by middle eastern billionaires and trust me they will pay a whole lot more.

I won't be surprised PCB manages to host ZIM or WI somehow this year. Money talks and after PSL PCB will have lot of it.

I hate to say this but I have a feeling BPL won't be same without PAK players. Why? People in BD show up in stadiums to see subcontinent players, not to see no name players from other countries. That's why stadium is empty even when SA national team visit.
Old January 17, 2013, 08:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

sorry if i sound harsh...but why are you always so unhappy and disappointed with you post...those claims you make doesn't have any solid base....ind and pak are close to another war like situation..and years of being an outcast has meant that pcb is not financially or politically as powerful that you presume....
Old January 17, 2013, 08:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Rumor- pcb planning to aerosol the bpl ceremony with a king size far*t..
Old January 17, 2013, 09:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Can we make it 4 foreign players rule. Most of our players will have to sit out because of stupid rule.
Old January 17, 2013, 09:37 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

I agree 5 foreign players is too much, should be cut down to 4 so there wouldn't be such problems. Another good thing is that now Pakistani players are not playing, save a little burden on things like payments etc.
Old January 17, 2013, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
Can we make it 4 foreign players rule. Most of our players will have to sit out because of stupid rule.
There is no need to have a rule of 4 foreign players in the XI. Because some of the teams like Khulna, Rangpur, don't have even 4 players in their squad. Lols.
Old January 17, 2013, 12:44 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Bangladesh might be a poor country, but BCB is not a poor cricket board. PCB probably has more clout than BCB, but not by much. PSL could go many ways, but I have a feeling that no foreign player will participate, especially if the cricket boards do the due diligence. Any team could visit PAK, but until the security improves, I doubt anyone will.

Quote:

Old January 17, 2013, 12:47 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Losing the PAK players will definitely hurt BPL, especially because PCB was extra nasty in telling BCB at the last possible moment. If the confirmation came earlier, BPL could have tried to get replacement players more effectively. It would be funny if a team cancels a scheduled series in PAK days before it is supposed to start.

Quote:

Old January 17, 2013, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Pakistan is a stronger team but BCB is much much richer board than PCB...This may change in future given the promise of PSL but atleast your claim is false for now...
Old January 17, 2013, 02:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Rashid Latif felt that there was noreason for the PCB to push the BCB to tour Pakistan.
"Tell me even if Bangladesh had come or comes what difference will it make to Pakistan cricket. Will other teams follow the example of Bangladesh in these conditions," he said. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=265615
Old January 17, 2013, 02:58 PM
Club Cricketer

This pakistani journalist is vocal against us http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/601174.html
Old January 17, 2013, 03:06 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
This pakistani journalist is vocal against us http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/601174.html
Isam is Bangladeshi. But lately his tone have changed after going from Daily Star to CricInfo.
Old January 17, 2013, 03:15 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Isam is Bangladeshi. But lately his tone have changed after going from Daily Star to CricInfo.
Is it really true????
One man commented as
Posted by lut4rahman on (January 17 2013, 15:52 PM GMT) As Mohammad Isam is pakistani, so he is biased, please read same news from other sources, you will find something different, all i see on his article is just criticize BPL
Old January 17, 2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur86
Isam is against us?
Old January 17, 2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I find his writings better than many others.

Though, while selecting Bangladesh squad, it seems Isam bhai is biased towards some senior players!
Old January 17, 2013, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

TBH, I think Isam has been saying it as he's been seeing it, which is his job. I don't think there's any bias there.
Old January 17, 2013, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He is always sensitive towards Pakistan.... I remember he demanded Javed Miandad be approached for Bangladesh coach!!
Old January 17, 2013, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

I have found Isam's recent articles quite strange to be perfectly honest. For example, why does he publish an article five days before the tournament saying that Shakib hasn't received his 25% upfront fee from Dhaka Gladiators (when they had time until today to make that payment), and why does he publish nothing when Dhaka Gladiators subsequently come out and say that they made the 25% advance yesterday? I think this is irresponsible journalism. If you're going to pursue a story, then pursue it fully. By doing what Isam did, the world is left with only half the story.
Old January 17, 2013, 04:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

^So Isam bhai has become like Enamul Haque Moni? Lol.
Old January 17, 2013, 04:06 PM
Cricket Legend

^^^ Brother, there is no ethics in journalism in bangladesh (actually in most professions)...Plus he is slowly but surely proving to be a PCB stooge....
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I have nothing against Isam. He was a good writer at Daily Star. But now he seems different. I follow him in Twitter and read all his tweets. He seems to magnify the negative of our cricket more than the positive. I understand gossipy interesting tweets (e.g Aftab lazy, Shakib praising BPL too much, if you want to be on TV come to Mirpur for BPL ceremony coz its empty) gets you more attention. He has countless tweets like that.
Club Cricketer

Another man has confirmed that he is a bangladeshi

Posted by Warm_Coffee on (January 17 2013, 16:25 PM GMT) @Rahman: Dude Mohammad Isam is a Bangladeshi not a Pakistani.

I wanted the pakistan tour go ahead like Mr. Isam. However he does not say anything in our favour. His writings have full of negative comments by pakistanis. He tolerates these. He is like sad that pakistani players are not coming.
Old January 17, 2013, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

I loved this guys writing (Shahed Sadullah)....
This is a very old article, but he is an amazing sports journalist, altho not famous....

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=131191