facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 14, 2010, 06:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Default Are you a millionaire?

Rumor has it layperson is a millionaire, Nasif banks 300k annually and cricman is on welfare and food stamps. Well now this thread can put end to all rumors.

Sure there are many on BC with stellar, intellectual achievements but as it has been shouted over and over in various articles higher degrees like phd or masters doesn't automatically correlate to higher earnings. For a reliable source I can cite this one from Wall Street Journal; and there are plenty more. One of the reason simply being, people who pursue higher degrees end up working as researchers or professors. Of course there are exceptions.

In America, many exceptionally creative people drop out of college and fares up doing well and becomes millionaire. (of course there are exceptions). For me earning million dollar will NOT automatically bring happiness. It also doesn't show intellectual depth. But just like many others I am obsessed with this 7-figure benchmark simply because:

• it's more like an e-penis than the actual sum;
  • it shows the rarity of the individual and how someone stands out from the crowd; only exceptionally creative people reach this milestone and creativity cannot be taught or bought at school or other institutions
  • the whole Drake/Eminem induced rags-to-riches aphrodisiac: where college dropout artists literally made it overnight and shows that it can be done by anyone who has the desire and motivation
  • more honeys (for a young person like me that means a lot)
Days back iDumb muttered something similar (what do you know stopped clock is right twice a day :P ). While I disagree with him on the fact that money is everything; however, I do agree that college drains many hours of your life from your own personal goals not only sucking out the creativity from you leaving you mindless automaton and part of the sheep sometimes making you end as number crunchers in cubicles but also leaving fatigued and mentally unhappy. People say "oh oh sure I am laboring my butts off now but once I get my day job of 60-70k I will be so much happy." Bullshit. You will still end up as a slave working for other boss or corporation and then you will probably concoct some other excuse like "oh I will be happy once I get my annual bonus for that trip in Maui." Point being no matter where you will be you will end stressed if you are not the one in control of your life.

So I ask you, what is the largest sum you had in bank at a given time? As for me, I had 5K and that doesn't "count" because majority of that came from parents. However, when I had a 9-5 job I couldn't get past 2k. But I know in addition to intellectual stalwarts in BC, there are many rich people on this site. Wanna brag? You came to the right place.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles