facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 16, 2019, 03:46 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Anyone who plays for BD!!
BDFlag The Bangladesh pace problem(Long read for anyone interested)

Whether its batting or bowling Bangladesh has a pace problem in swinging conditions. This is exposed in great depth in New Zealand conditions. With regards to batting there is actually not that much of a problem as some people might think. The batting has actually improved dramatically. When Bangladesh toured New Zealand in 2016-2017 during the ODIS their highest score was 264 followed by scores below 240(184 and 236)however now even without Shakib,half the team being out for less than a 100, the main players (Tamim,Mushfiq,Muhammadullah) not firing, hardly any time to prepare,tired from BPL players and in my opinion a tougher New Zealand attack to face they still managed to put up scores of 232 and 226. For batting I think it has more to do with technique. I think the players should follow the technique of Shakib,Soumya,Mithun,Sabbir.
Conversely, the bowling has been disappointing to say the least. Yes the the scores are not big but the fact is the bowlers have only taken 4 wickets in 2 odis. The series in 2016 Bangladesh got: 7 wickets first odi, and actually bowled out New Zealand for 251 second odi and 2 wickets the last odi. Lets focus on the first 2 odis because at the time of writing this Bangladesh have only played their first 2 odis in the tour of New Zealand 2019. If we take away Shakibs wickets (because he is not here this time) that leaves us with 12 wickets in 2 odis during the 2016 series. Now as you can see there is clearly something wrong with Bangladeshs bowling this time around. They took 3 times as many wickets in 2016.
What is interesting is Bangladesh did not give Rubel one match in that odi series and have not given him one here aswell. Bangladesh should be encouraging there pace bowlers especially the only bowler who can hit 140kph+ more than once in an over. If shakib and Taskin was fit they should have gone with Rubel,Taskin,Fizz,Mash I think that would be the perfect set up in these conditions. However that should not be it, Bangladesh need to teach swing bowling to their fast bowlers all four I have mentioned can swing/seam the bowl at good pace(well maybe not Mash but his line and length and experience covers that) its just they dont do it regularly or forget how to do it.For example purposes; Rubel swung his way to 6 wickets against New Zealand at home in 2013, Taskin swinged and seamed the ball to take 5 wickets in his debut against India at home and Mustafizur do I need to explain his situation?
Anyway to conclude this long article Bangladesh must encourage fast bowling teach swing bowling-if a player can do it or does it tell them to how to maintain that and pace-give players more understanding of fast bowling. The future of BD includes Ebadot hossain , Qazi onik the list goes on please dont let these promising young fast bowlers become one hit wonders and players who lose their ability.

Old February 17, 2019, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Thank you for putting the time in to write this up.

I think we are playing two number 3 bowlers with Mash and Saifuddin. The current attack looks absolutely toothless. They never looked like any threat in first 2 ODIs against NZ in current series. Rubel must come in. Here is my pick from the available squad:

1. Mustafiz
2. Rubel
3. Mash or Saifuddin
4. Miraz
5. Taijul

Shakib should obviously replace Taijul when he is back. But we are not talking about spinners, are we?

Saifuddin is a good understudy when Mortaza retires after the WC. For our pipeline, we have:

1. Taskin
2. Ebadat
3. Khaled
4. Abu Jayed
5. Onik
Old February 17, 2019, 02:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Should have chosen Abu Jayed as he can swing the ball.
Old February 17, 2019, 03:50 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Beautiful writeup but I think, you along with every member is giving Mashrafe a hall pass.

Truth is at 35, barely able to run, he should not be the front line bowler. You give up the game in the first 10 overs. Every body logically knows this but “pheelings” get in the way

Like an old dog, he knows how to get the bone sometimes but... that’s not enough to play in genuine pace conditions.

He will continue to get the pass because

Nostalgia

Hero worship

Presence

The World Cup will be the last of him but hopefully he lets other bowlers do the heavy lifting but I doubt it
Old February 17, 2019, 10:27 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Good write up and no that wasn't long at all.

I agree with everything you said besides the fact that Tamim, mushu, Riyad should be adapting the batting techniques from Shakib, Soumya, Shabbir and Mithun. Tamim and Mushy are two of the most technically perfect batsmen we have ever had in Bangladesh. They don't need to learn from a bottom handed slogged Sabbir or the cross batted diva Soumya or Mithun. Don't judge these players based on 2 games. Mushy, Tamim, Riyad and Shakib will have to be the key contributor if we want to win any games in the world Cup or any billaterals really. They are having an off series ... While that's concerning but it happens to the best of players... I am sure they will come back strong after a good rest. Mushy and Riyad badly needs a break as these two have been playing non stop with minor injuries.

In terms of our pace unit, Mash, Saifuddin and even Fizz are not ideal seamers for these conditions. We have a grand total of 1 capable bowler for away conditions and he is being benched for some unknown reason. We need our old seam attack back for away games where Rubel, Taskin goes after the batsmen while Mash creates pressure early and Fizz creates pressure at the death..
Old February 18, 2019, 03:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I dont think tamim or mushy are having an off series. NZ are clearly exposing their weaknesses. Tamim is crap vs. Boult. Mushy is super uncomfortable against short pitch bowling.
Old February 18, 2019, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
I dont think tamim or mushy are having an off series. NZ are clearly exposing their weaknesses. Tamim is crap vs. Boult. Mushy is super uncomfortable against short pitch bowling.
If Mithun can score runs vs the same bowlers on the same pitch then surely Tamim and Mushfiq should also be able, especially as this is not the first time they are touring that country
Old February 18, 2019, 03:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
If Mithun can score runs vs the same bowlers on the same pitch then surely Tamim and Mushfiq should also be able, especially as this is not the first time they are touring that country
it's a wrong comparison as Tamim/Mushy has been playing for years and Mithun is new still to international cricket. Bowlers are yet to make proper bowling plans to Mithun.
Old February 18, 2019, 07:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Tamim and Mushy have been smacking around bowlers far better than Boult or Henry for years. This is an off series.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2019, 12:34 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Man... even the greatest batsmen go through a dip in form. Mushy and Riyad havent had a break since the start of Asia Cup. Tamim has just returned to ODIs.. it happens! It took him more then half the BPL to get in song. When he did though, you saw how exceptional he was. He will get there.. but may take some time!
Old February 19, 2019, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Tamim and Mushy have been smacking around bowlers far better than Boult or Henry for years. This is an off series.
yea 90% of the time that happens on slow low pitches of mirpur. Different conditions means different challenges for each batsman.
Old February 19, 2019, 11:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
yea 90% of the time that happens on slow low pitches of mirpur. Different conditions means different challenges for each batsman.
Mushy's overseas average is actually higher than his home average for both Tests and ODIs.

Tamim's may not be, but Tamim has hit plenty ODI big knocks outside of Asia, forget about Mirpur.

Mushy and Tamim are complete batsman and both have terrific techniques. They have only failed in this series.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2019, 03:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Mushy's overseas average is actually higher than his home average for both Tests and ODIs.

Tamim's may not be, but Tamim has hit plenty ODI big knocks outside of Asia, forget about Mirpur.

Mushy and Tamim are complete batsman and both have terrific techniques. They have only failed in this series.
You're missing my point completely and bringing up red herrings.

I said they have a specific weakness that NZ are exploiting (given the type of conditions they are playing in).

Tamim rarely faces left arm away swing. He looks very uncomfortable.

I'm sure he will work out a way to negotiate this, but it is very evident that Tamim struggles to play left arm away swing.

Mushy every ball is waiting for a short pitch delivery. This affects his all round game mentally. That's why he looks a bit off.
Old February 20, 2019, 12:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Lack of preparation is evident, especially for the top order batsmen who have faced the new ball in NZ condition. Months playing in BPL in slow low wickets will do that to you. India won in NZ condition after they just finished a tour in Australia and facing quality Aussie pacers.
Old February 20, 2019, 10:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Yorkers. What is it?
Can anyone ask Fizz that? How could Hyderabad make him bowl 6 yorkers in a row and BD coaching staff can't?