facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Worries Against India..

Guys,
Now we all know its a fact that Bangladesh can defeat anyone as Bangldesh have improved a lot. Talkin about India match on 17th. Inshallah we wil win it...Inshallah

But in Indian batting line up. My main worry is Dhoni. I dont give a damn about Sachin, Shewag, Ganguly as i feel it wld b difficult for us to make Dhoni out. Inshallah Sachin, Shewag, Ganguly will get bowled by Mashrafee, Rasel.

.........ya Dhoni aint gud against quality spin. So, lets hope Razzak gets on into his middle stump

Tokin about their bowling hope Pathan continuos his bad form into this particular match. but wht about Sreesanth? is he an obstacle..i dont noe much bout this guy....

Old March 7, 2007, 04:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Indian bowling attack, Herbi in for sure. 10 overs for tendu, shewag, Dada. That is total of 20. For the rest 30 they have Kumble, Zaheer, Agarkar, Sreesanth, Munaf, Pathan. Zaheer, Agarkar a shoein. So if they have Kumble then they have to chose two between the 5 remaining bowlers.

Zaheer is a shoein if not injured. Now between Agarkar/Sreesanth/Patel/Pathan they chose one. They change lineup almost every game. So it is not predictable who will play in the final 11.
Old March 7, 2007, 04:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

We will lose the match. cause india knows what they will face now and will be very careful against us...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old March 7, 2007, 04:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

We don't need to analyze a lot on Indians. If we correct our problems and understand our strength/weakness, everything else will be taken care. I tried to make an analysis of the team after our match against NZ. It's in the other thread.
Old March 7, 2007, 04:17 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Our batsmen can handle no matter who they bring. All we got to do is bat second and not lose wickets in first 10/15 overs. We will win inshallah.
Old March 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
We will lose the match. cause india knows what they will face now and will be very careful against us...
I feel India Bangladesh match is 50-50 given the condition batting does well. BD u neva know mite collapse. They can defeat India now. Inshallah they will..we hope...
Old March 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think the BD-NZ match has done more good to India than BD.

The only way(I think) that BD can beat India is if India are complacent and BD does a counter attach (similar to the one against Aus in the first test in BD) and India is taken offgaurd

The BD-NZ match is an eye opener to India and I guess India will be vary and I predict a strong performance by India.
Old March 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
Cricket Legend

you forgot yuvraj as a wkt taking bowler. yes dhoni is areal concern. Remember how India came strong against BD when they lost to BD, they posted over 300 runs.

How many runs do you think BD can post against india or other big teams?
Old March 7, 2007, 05:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder
you forgot yuvraj as a wkt taking bowler. yes dhoni is areal concern. Remember how India came strong against BD when they lost to BD, they posted over 300 runs.
Code:
Bowling                      O      M      R      W
Mashrafe Mortaza            10      0     60      0 (3w)
Hasibul Hossain              6      0     53      0
Mushfiqur Rahman             6      0     52      0 (1w)
Khaled Mahmud               10      0     62      3
Mohammad Rafique            10      1     63      1 (1w)
Aftab Ahmed                  2      0     16      0
Rajin Saleh                  6      0     38      1 (2w)
That was Mash's 2nd game back from Injury, Shanto? Chacha bowled good, Mushfiuir Rahman? We've turned the page in our cricket. If Sachin and Gangu are set than they prolly will score 300.

Quote:
How many runs do you think BD can post against india or other big teams?
With This team we can chase 300+ score from india or Sri Lanka
Old March 7, 2007, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

The only way Tigers can win against India is to restrict them under 250/260 odds and then chase the target (in case if India bats first).

If Tigers opt to bat first, chance to win is almost zero. Indians are that good of run chasing.

My 2 cents.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life
Old March 7, 2007, 06:40 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
With This team we can chase 300+ score from india or Sri Lanka
২০০-২২৫ চেজ করতেই জান বের হয়ে যায়, আবার বড় বড় কথা!
Old March 7, 2007, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
২০০-২২৫ চেজ করতেই জান বের হয়ে যায়, আবার বড় বড় কথা!
Exactly. When was the last time we scored 300 forget chasing 300. As far as I can remember, we have scored 300 only once against Kenya and thats it. Anything over 250 will be almost unchasable. If we bat first, we need to score atleast 270 to have any sort of match against Indians.
Old March 7, 2007, 07:47 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Guys dont worry, Indian bowling isnt that strong of a line up. Their pacers had real trouble getting the dutch batsmen out. I predict we can tackle the Indian bowlers. I had a fear that we would not be able to restrict their batsmen, but that too changed when I saw the result against NZ. NOw that being said if we played our total potential and dont panic under pressure (which we mastered watching the last 3 games) then we can beat India just like any other team.
Old March 7, 2007, 08:25 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

guys dont worry... just keep ur fingers crossed, they just have to be really sensible and play with their soul in their hands, If BD plays with full potential and roars then those vegetarian indians will pee their pants!! We just have to play as if there is no tomorrow!!
Old March 7, 2007, 08:37 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The main worry is, the performance against NZ. We only perform like this about once a year and thats it..

I dont see any chance against India now but against Srilanka i am much more hopeful if we get Sangakara and Jaysuria out quickly.
Old March 7, 2007, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

some members either have short memory or are dilusional that Bangladesh has improved a lot, because i do not remember bangladesh playing well against the big teams in the recent past, they have been playing against Zimbabwe most of the time and most of them were nail biters, even against Canada was a tough match. Also can anyone point me when was the last time Bangladesh score more than 250 against a bigger team?

Now as much i have confidence in their bowling that they can definitely restrict any team below 250, my confidence in BD's batting is very low, because not a single player is dependable, even against Zimbabwe except Nafees. All our batsmen got the chance to create some consistency when playing so many matches against Zimbabwe, but they failed to have it. So now it mostly depends on 'jodi laiga jai' and somehow everything falls in place, yes we can win then.
Old March 7, 2007, 08:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Beating india is not impossible...if we show performance from everyone and every departments... but india's batting is real concern... most of them are in great form.. except sehwag..but he willl be doing good against us...

and the 2nd match...

Most of the Srilankans players are out of form..... so we might have a chance there....
Old March 7, 2007, 09:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Also can anyone point me when was the last time Bangladesh score more than 250 against a bigger team?
just 2 games ago, my forgetful mate...(excluding minnow teams - but you asked for bigger teams, right)

265 chasing against SL and that too not even trying to chase 307 and that was without any contribution from ash or SN.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old March 7, 2007, 09:12 PM
Cricket Legend

al Furqaan, that was for runs chasing 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
just 2 games ago, my forgetful mate...(excluding minnow teams - but you asked for bigger teams, right)

265 chasing against SL and that too not even trying to chase 307 and that was without any contribution from ash or SN.

Last edited by allrounder; March 7, 2007 at 09:26 PM..
Old March 7, 2007, 09:48 PM
Cricket Legend

India has the best batting line up in the world. period. But all this is on PAPER. They have to show it on the field. I have faith on our bowlers and fielders that we can restrict them but we need to field first except if it is not overcast or damp pitch.
Old March 7, 2007, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Guys dont worry, Indian bowling isnt that strong of a line up. Their pacers had real trouble getting the dutch batsmen out. I predict we can tackle the Indian bowlers. I had a fear that we would not be able to restrict their batsmen, but that too changed when I saw the result against NZ. NOw that being said if we played our total potential and dont panic under pressure (which we mastered watching the last 3 games) then we can beat India just like any other team.
They got netherlands all out for 118.......Im just waiting for their next warm up against WI to see how good they play on foreign soil (recently)
Old March 8, 2007, 12:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Beating India is not impossible....it's just unlikely. However, we may have a bigger chance to upset India than SL, maybe just because the Indians are always over-confident and don;t seem to take Bangladeshi cricket seriously....
Old March 8, 2007, 04:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
al Furqaan, that was for runs chasing 302
you missed his point. srilanka set us a target of 303. bangladesh got off to a bad start. they were 78/4 in the 19th over. they were never in the chase. they still managed 265 with ashraful scoring 18 off 43 (he opened), sn scoring 5 off 22, bashar scoring a golden duck, and pilot playing (he had a sr. of 100 atleast for the 8 runs he scored).

i'd say we have a fair chance of putting up 300 against the indian bowling attack, given we have tamim instead of ashraful opening with nafees, bashar and ashraful in a better form, mushfiqur rahim, and mashrafe's batting abilities on flat pitches (which i think will extend to sporting wickets as well, if he bats straighter)
Old March 8, 2007, 07:46 AM
Test Cricketer

People are sometimes just too pessimistic
Old March 8, 2007, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan

Most of those 265 runs came when the match was truly over, hence it's useless. The way we batted, if the target was 265 we would still fall at least 50 runs short.

When was the last time we scored 250 batting first against a decent opposition? In fact, the question should be how many times? And everyone knows how many times we've successfully chased >=250.