facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2006, 03:51 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Biased Utpol Shuvro

Utpol Shuvro was one of the most vocal commentators against dropping Ashraful for the 2nd ODI. And after all his and other's pressure, when Ashraful returns for 3rd ODI to perform his natural horrible performance, Utpol keeps mysteriously quite. Rather he jumps on Rajin for his slow run rate and writes sarcastically about the way he got bowled out. He even criticizes Hbibul for the way he was out. He didn't at all sound sympathetic for the unfortunate wrong decision Shahriar Nafees. But no mention of yet another irresponsible innings by Ashraful, in Utpol's language, the greatest hero ( Mohanayak) of Cardiff.

He didn't write that Rajin had nothing but to stick to the wickets when our 'Mohanayaks' are coming and playing 'Danda gulli' with their wickets. And he never wrote Ashraful was bowled out in his first fall ( ball hit the wicket, but bells didn't fall) and also got several miraculous lives towards the great inningses in England last summer.

Old April 29, 2006, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Its not important to write about the miraculous incidents after the batsman played two brilliant innings in England. In the end of the day he scored a century and made us proud.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old April 29, 2006, 02:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

I also think that upul Shovro is very biased in his analysis. I think rabeed Imran is a much better sports reporter with superior insights of Bangladesh cricket.
Old April 29, 2006, 07:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

i think shovro is a story teller not an reporter...Rabeed all the way
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 29, 2006, 08:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Just re-read the article aaphodomostok. i think, he wrote it to please his boss who might be a Ashraful supporter. It can also be the case that he was trying to appeal to Ashraful sympathizers. either way, it totally sucks. A reporter should not resort to such emotional outburst in sport reporting.
Old April 29, 2006, 09:39 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don’t care Utpol or any other journalist’s criticism. I don’t even care about what fan has to say. My concern is why did management choose Ash under pressure? Our management shouldn’t cave into what news paper has to say, they should select the team based on what they think best. Some one please tell me Ash was selected for 3rd ODI for other reason then what the news paper wrote.
Old April 29, 2006, 09:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

i think sometimes that if Ashraful was not given so much attention and hyped up popularity, he might have been a much better player. He has the skills but has to go back to his ABCDs. More like a student who is taking calculus without any knowledge of basic Algebra. I am frustrated at him and express my anger at times, but deep indside i really hope that he does well. I am sure he is not cocentrating on studies now because cricket is his profession, and he can do a whole lot more to make his career flourish. Perahps play county cricket someday and make us proud. Alas! it will never ever happen!

Last edited by Mon; April 29, 2006 at 10:37 PM..
Old April 29, 2006, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

He was proven right, wasn't he? We've had only two bad ODI serieses since the India series, and in both cases both Asharful and Aftab failed to perform.
Old April 30, 2006, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Both Shuvro and Imam are crappy sports journalist. Too much emotion with limited cricket knowledge.

It's a good article if you learn something after reading it, or see a whole different perspectinve and not necessarily agree with.

anyways obviously Shuvro doesn't wanna admit he is wrong. Ashraful wouldve done jack on that game...and he will continue to do Jack.

Bangladesh playihng test cricket for 6 years now... if they can't still compete with a test nation, I am sorry to say they are the crappiest team ever.. and the line up STILL doesn't look that good.

take out Habib and Rafiq. we are dead!
Old April 30, 2006, 02:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by himaloy
Utpol Shuvro was one of the most vocal commentators against dropping Ashraful for the 2nd ODI. And after all his and other's pressure, when Ashraful returns for 3rd ODI to perform his natural horrible performance, Utpol keeps mysteriously quite. Rather he jumps on Rajin for his slow run rate and writes sarcastically about the way he got bowled out. He even criticizes Hbibul for the way he was out. He didn't at all sound sympathetic for the unfortunate wrong decision Shahriar Nafees. But no mention of yet another irresponsible innings by Ashraful, in Utpol's language, the greatest hero ( Mohanayak) of Cardiff.

He didn't write that Rajin had nothing but to stick to the wickets when our 'Mohanayaks' are coming and playing 'Danda gulli' with their wickets. And he never wrote Ashraful was bowled out in his first fall ( ball hit the wicket, but bells didn't fall) and also got several miraculous lives towards the great inningses in England last summer.
Both Rajin and Pilot are not suitable for ODI. Both lack techniques and reason behind our failures in the latest ODIs.
Old May 2, 2006, 05:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by himaloy

He is a damn stupid commentator ...I just doubt his sense of cricket ...he only knows a lot about statistics ..that's all!!! His comments should not be taken into account
Old May 2, 2006, 05:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon
I also think that upul Shovro is very biased in his analysis. I think rabeed Imran is a much better sports reporter with superior insights of Bangladesh cricket.
Which newspaper Rabeed Imran reports to?
Old May 2, 2006, 05:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
i think shovro is a story teller not an reporter...Rabeed all the way
Very true ... Shuvro's style is emotional though ...
Old May 2, 2006, 05:27 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Both Shuvro and Imam are crappy sports journalist. Too much emotion with limited cricket knowledge.

It's a good article if you learn something after reading it, or see a whole different perspectinve and not necessarily agree with.

anyways obviously Shuvro doesn't wanna admit he is wrong. Ashraful wouldve done jack on that game...and he will continue to do Jack.

Bangladesh playihng test cricket for 6 years now... if they can't still compete with a test nation, I am sorry to say they are the crappiest team ever.. and the line up STILL doesn't look that good.

take out Habib and Rafiq. we are dead!
You are so much right!! Without Habib, Rafiq and masri, this team has nothing better than the U.A.E team